Author Topic: Serie A 2009/10  (Read 98042 times)

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
Re: Serie A 2009/10
« Reply #1360 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:08 pm »
De Rossi's given Roma the lead :)

If it stays like this Roma are only a point off Inter.
hi

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #1361 on: March 27, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »
De Rossi's given Roma the lead :)

If it stays like this Roma are only a point off Inter.

I knew i shouldnt have looked in this thread , was going to watch it on ESPN .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline Grobbelaar

• Anny Roader
  • Rafa is Boss
« Reply #1362 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:00 pm »
Come on Roma! Gonna be a good game this.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #1363 on: March 27, 2010, 05:37:10 pm »
Inter can't seem to deal with Roma's movement, are resorting to hacking Roma players down.

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: March 27, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »
I don't think Inter will finish the game with 11 men. However, I still think they'll sneak back into this. Would not be at all surprised to see them get at least one goal in the second half.

Offline alett

• down.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The world is everything that is the case.
« Reply #1365 on: March 27, 2010, 06:25:45 pm »
Il Principe! 1-1
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk

@Andrew_Heaton
Twitter - Serious Business

Offline Grobbelaar

• Anny Roader
  • Rafa is Boss
« Reply #1366 on: March 27, 2010, 06:30:53 pm »
2-1, 'ave that!

Offline Red345

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1367 on: March 27, 2010, 06:50:42 pm »
5 minutes of added time!!  :butt

Come on Roma!

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1368 on: March 27, 2010, 06:52:53 pm »
FT :)
hi

Offline Red345

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1369 on: March 27, 2010, 06:53:41 pm »
Incredible shot off the post for Milito in the last minute of stoppage time.  Wow.

Well done Roma!

Offline Grobbelaar

• Anny Roader
  • Rafa is Boss
« Reply #1370 on: March 27, 2010, 06:53:53 pm »
Testaccio will be bouncing tonight.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: March 27, 2010, 06:54:00 pm »
GET IN! Inter's lead down to 1 point!

Offline Red345

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1372 on: March 27, 2010, 07:10:26 pm »
Inter's run in -

Bologna (H)
Fiorentina (A)
Juventus (H)
Atalanta (H)
Lazio (A)
Chievo Verona (H)
Siena (A)

Roma's run in -

Bari (A)
Atalanta (H)
Lazio (A)
Sampdoria (H)
Parma (A)
Cagliari (H)
Chievo Verona (A)

I think of the two Roma has a harder go.  They've got a derby, and one less home game.

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: March 27, 2010, 07:21:28 pm »
Ranieri has done hell of a job regardless of what happens now,  he took over when they were bottom of the league  :D

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: March 27, 2010, 07:24:27 pm »
Ranieri has done hell of a job regardless of what happens now,  he took over when they were bottom of the league  :D

Showed that the players were good - just that Spalletti couldn't make them play to their potential - despite the fact that for a while under Spalletti, Roma played the best football in Europe.

I see what's happened to Roma under Ranieri and there's a sneaking little voice in my head that wonders what the Liverpool players - who are good - would do under a new manager..

Offline Kiko Narváez

• ليفربول
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: March 27, 2010, 07:29:18 pm »
Inter's run in -

Bologna (H)
Fiorentina (A)
Juventus (H)
Atalanta (H)
Lazio (A)
Chievo Verona (H)
Siena (A)

Roma's run in -

Bari (A)
Atalanta (H)
Lazio (A)
Sampdoria (H)
Parma (A)
Cagliari (H)
Chievo Verona (A)

I think of the two Roma has a harder go.  They've got a derby, and one less home game.

Milan's run in

lazio(h)
cagliari (a)
catania (h)
sampdoria (a)
palermo (a)
fiorentina (h)
genoa (a)
juventos (h)

milan if they win tonight, they will be 1 pt behind inter as well.

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: March 27, 2010, 09:25:37 pm »
Inter can't seem to deal with Roma's movement, are resorting to hacking Roma players down.

I knew Inter would play ugly. I want Milan to win the Championship, if Roma won it would be ok.

Grazie Roma. Milan are traditionally strong on the home stretch, I read.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: March 27, 2010, 09:28:42 pm »
At what point did the ref decide thats one jump too many

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1378 on: March 27, 2010, 09:32:12 pm »
Come on, Roma! Really hope they win the league, since one of my really good mates supports them. And I would love to see Ginger get a league winners' medal.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: March 27, 2010, 09:43:48 pm »
Hard luck Jose, no sweat though, you'll win it.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: March 27, 2010, 11:22:33 pm »
Roma got more than they deserved, they had a better start but I don't think they proved to be a better team than Inter in the whole 90 minutes, their first goal was a fluke (or a gift by Julio Cesar) and our defense could have done much better on the second. We had the best chances and had we been luckier we would have got at least a draw, which would have had a completely different impact on the whole title race. This defeat reminds me a lot of the one vs Juve in December, a game won by the opposition by coincidence and not after having been dominant without a shadow of doubt as for instance, Catania two weeks ago. Of course, credit to them for the impressive run since Ranieri is in charge, at least they got all the points they have without huge refereeing favours, unlike AC Milan. Next Bologna, then Fiorentina away and Juve at home, the last 4 games should be easier but I have the feeling we have to win the 7 remaining fixtures to retain the scudetto, as the opposition will do the same. It's a very tight run-in and I hope people will now stop claiming we always walk away with the title.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: March 27, 2010, 11:31:07 pm »
I knew Inter would play ugly. I want Milan to win the Championship, if Roma won it would be ok.

Grazie Roma. Milan are traditionally strong on the home stretch, I read.

The same can be said about AC Milan, the likes of Ambrosini, Flamini and Gattuso are incredibly dirty and the referees strangely always think twice before showing them a yellow/red card. Even Ronaldinho fouls the opposition players with harsh tackles, then immediately apologizes and smiles at the referee with his abnormally-sized teeth so he rarely get punished. You should pay more attention when watching your idols. Roma committed their fair shares of fouls today, Burdisso and Perrotta above all.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: March 28, 2010, 08:20:31 pm »
Just over half an hour gone at the San Siro and it's Milan 1-1 Lazio

Could be a good game this. I would be happiest if it ends in a draw - gets Milan out of the way of Roma but still keeping Lazio from winning.

Seems to be a lot of Lazio fans up in Milan tonight from the noise they're making..

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: March 28, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »
FT 1-1

That'll do nicely!

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: March 28, 2010, 09:47:06 pm »
Milan just don't seem good enough to win the league, they have to improve a lot to get close to Inter's level, who are ahead despite falling away a bit, nothing about Milan convinces me they will definitely win a game. On the other hand, Roma have a great shout after this weekend.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: March 28, 2010, 09:55:01 pm »
Milan can't win a game if their life depends on it now.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1386 on: March 28, 2010, 10:27:17 pm »
I know Roma are my team but wouldnt it be a great laugh if neither milan team won the serie a
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: March 29, 2010, 04:52:20 am »
Milan are lucky to still be in the title race, but they have no shot of winning it.

I really hope Roma win, but I think Inter´s squad depth may win it for them again.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1388 on: March 30, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »
Zanneti had 137 consecutive appearences in Serie A before he got suspended with a yellow against Roma.  :o

I can only recall Lampard and James with similar records.

In the days of Ibrahimovic, Inter were 10 men relying on the 1 to spark a victory. Not to say Ibrahimovic was the only player on the field, a team still far superior in quality to any in Serie A, however in a long campaign a game here and there can become vanilla and with a man like Ibrahimovic spurring you on, reliance can quite easily become habit.

Mourinho is a man that favors pragmatism to the spectacular, he favors the blue collar work horses, the ones that will run for the team: he traded in his Lamborghini for four Ferrari’s and Inter became a team. Most importantly, Mourinho finally got his fantasista in the diminutive Wesley Sneijder. The Suarez to Herrera’s Grande Inter of the 60’s, both in vision and in strength. The little Dutchman’s cannon would inspire nightmares for any keeper in the game.

In attack the combined strength of Diego Milito, Samuel Eto’o, and Goran Pandev is a spectacle by any man’s standards when they are in the game. Fierce, clinical strikers yet most importantly devoted to the cause and not the individual. Say what you want about Inter but these men run the gamut from attack to defense: total footballers in the true sense.

Link

Good managing from Mourinho, strengthened Inter and still made a nice profit. Then there are people who say he can't build a team.  ;)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: March 31, 2010, 06:39:10 am »
Now, I know that Mourinho is not talking to Italian media, but his very recent comments are hilarious ;D :lmao

He said something like "I don't like Italian football and they don't like me". Is this a signal to Real Madrid, Chelsea, ManCity, Liverpool or anybody else who are seeking for a coach?

Tell you what, I can't blame him. It seems its Mourinho vs all Italians at the moment. Embarrassing stuff.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: March 31, 2010, 12:56:58 pm »
Now, I know that Mourinho is not talking to Italian media, but his very recent comments are hilarious ;D :lmao

He said something like "I don't like Italian football and they don't like me". Is this a signal to Real Madrid, Chelsea, ManCity, Liverpool or anybody else who are seeking for a coach?

Tell you what, I can't blame him. It seems its Mourinho vs all Italians at the moment. Embarrassing stuff.

He'll take over from Ferguson one day and all the media wanking over him will be UNBEARABLE.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #1391 on: March 31, 2010, 01:57:40 pm »

it seems its mourinho vs Whole World (excluding his actual club).

he's just a bunch of cheap shots at anything he has in front, and yesterdays doping implication about CSKA was just last of a very long list.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: March 31, 2010, 03:11:12 pm »
it seems its mourinho vs Whole World (excluding his actual club).

he's just a bunch of cheap shots at anything he has in front, and yesterdays doping implication about CSKA was just last of a very long list.
He is but he is a single person and who is against him? All president's, coaches and just about everybody in Italy has something bad to say about him. The other day Palermo's President was upset that Mourinho didn't shake his hand, is this two faced twat still surprised? He was talking shit about Mourinho, and he admits he doesn't know him personally, all season long.

Just today I read news, in which he basically again has a cheap shot at Mourinho.

Face it, Italian coaches and Presidents don't like the fact that a foreigner is better than any Italian coach out there. It is surprising that Ranieri, Ancelotti and others, who themselves have experience of coaching abroad, join into this shit, which is basically xenophobia. Did they get that treatment? Let's be honest, Mancini, Ancelotti and Zola are not lighting up Premier League, they are doing worse than their predecessors, yet they don't get even a fraction of that abuse Mourinho gets.

I also read comments basically saying that foreign coaches have nothing to teach Italian coaches ;D That's how they see Mourinho, a foreign coach, and can't possibly be better than Italian coach.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #1393 on: March 31, 2010, 04:29:42 pm »
He is but he is a single person and who is against him? All president's, coaches and just about everybody in Italy has something bad to say about him. The other day Palermo's President was upset that Mourinho didn't shake his hand, is this two faced twat still surprised? He was talking shit about Mourinho, and he admits he doesn't know him personally, all season long.

Just today I read news, in which he basically again has a cheap shot at Mourinho.

Face it, Italian coaches and Presidents don't like the fact that a foreigner is better than any Italian coach out there. It is surprising that Ranieri, Ancelotti and others, who themselves have experience of coaching abroad, join into this shit, which is basically xenophobia. Did they get that treatment? Let's be honest, Mancini, Ancelotti and Zola are not lighting up Premier League, they are doing worse than their predecessors, yet they don't get even a fraction of that abuse Mourinho gets.

I also read comments basically saying that foreign coaches have nothing to teach Italian coaches ;D That's how they see Mourinho, a foreign coach, and can't possibly be better than Italian coach.

the problem is that mourinho came to Serie A claiming he was world's best coach, mocking other managers (Ranieri, Mazzarri, Spalletti) for their lack of wins.

Serie A had many good foreign managers (Herrera, Liedholm, Eriksson) that had never assumed they were top and the other were shite. and they were treated in the same good way as other italian coaches.

Italy () hates him not for his born place, but because he's an assumptive c.u.n.t.

you're talking about italian managers that doesn't light up premiership, but just tell me about Capello's work

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: March 31, 2010, 06:18:59 pm »
the problem is that mourinho came to Serie A claiming he was world's best coach, mocking other managers (Ranieri, Mazzarri, Spalletti) for their lack of wins.

Serie A had many good foreign managers (Herrera, Liedholm, Eriksson) that had never assumed they were top and the other were shite. and they were treated in the same good way as other italian coaches.

Italy () hates him not for his born place, but because he's an assumptive c.u.n.t.

you're talking about italian managers that doesn't light up Premier League, but just tell me about Capello's work
Capello is a world class manager. Trapattoni is good. There's nothing that suggests any other is good though. With good I mean, better than other nations.

For me, the best coaches are in Holland. They had some cracking coaches over the years, and their footballing philosophy is the one I like most, personally.

But for me its embarrassing when whole country has to say something bad about a coach. Is it necessary for Mourinho to lick arses of Italian coaches, praise them, praise Italian football all the time? No doubt Mourinho did deserve some of the criticism, but it has been too much.

My sympathy for Mourinho, let me explain so the picture is clearer, is mainly because I am a foreign worker in the US. Here in America, I can't imagine everybody being so hostile and xenophobic. It would suck balls if it were true. No matter how I dislike Mourinho character, I can't help but notice the treatment he gets there. Doesn't show Italy from very good perspective.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #1395 on: March 31, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »
Capello is a world class manager. Trapattoni is good. There's nothing that suggests any other is good though. With good I mean, better than other nations.

For me, the best coaches are in Holland. They had some cracking coaches over the years, and their footballing philosophy is the one I like most, personally.

But for me its embarrassing when whole country has to say something bad about a coach. Is it necessary for Mourinho to lick arses of Italian coaches, praise them, praise Italian football all the time? No doubt Mourinho did deserve some of the criticism, but it has been too much.

My sympathy for Mourinho, let me explain so the picture is clearer, is mainly because I am a foreign worker in the US. Here in America, I can't imagine everybody being so hostile and xenophobic. It would suck balls if it were true. No matter how I dislike Mourinho character, I can't help but notice the treatment he gets there. Doesn't show Italy from very good perspective.

as i told before, Serie a had plenty of foreign coaches.
Herrera, Liedholm, Ericsson, Cuper, Boskov (one of themost loved ever from every team fan), Passarella, Hodgson, Lucescu, Fatih Terim, Carlos Bianchi, David Platt.

none of them ever behaved in such a cuntish way like mourinho did.

we can talk about "winning" coaches, and "style of play" coaches, and no doubt mourinho is part of the first category, whereas the Rinus Michels' generation is in the latter one.

i don't like mourinho's style of coaching, and the gameplay he gives to his team, but that's apart from the cuntish way he behaves on and off the pitch.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: March 31, 2010, 07:35:18 pm »
as i told before, Serie a had plenty of foreign coaches.
Herrera, Liedholm, Ericsson, Cuper, Boskov (one of themost loved ever from every team fan), Passarella, Hodgson, Lucescu, Fatih Terim, Carlos Bianchi, David Platt.

none of them ever behaved in such a cuntish way like mourinho did.

we can talk about "winning" coaches, and "style of play" coaches, and no doubt mourinho is part of the first category, whereas the Rinus Michels' generation is in the latter one.

i don't like mourinho's style of coaching, and the gameplay he gives to his team, but that's apart from the cuntish way he behaves on and off the pitch.

I don't like his teams' football either. I hated when there were rumors that he might replace Rijkaard at Barca. Don't care how Rijkaard is rated around the world relative to Mourinho, for me, he is a better coach for Barca.

Anyway, Mourinho should have expected to adjust himself when going to Italy. Not every country would be OK with the way he acted in England. In fact, perhaps only in England he can act the way he wants and feel good. In Italy, where they are proud of themselves for having good coaches, he was always going to get a harsh treatment. Even though among Italians, only Capello is in his league, they would never admit it.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #1397 on: April 1, 2010, 12:11:20 am »
"Calciopoli", Galliani and Moratti's phone calls have been found

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=173762

The news comes from the defence lawyers and, in the meanwhile, witness Auricchio continues to say his favourite words: "I can't remember".

Dramatic turn of events in Calciopoli's case: phone calls between Paolo Bergamo, former designator, and Inter Milan's managers (Massimo Moratti, Giacinto Facchetti) have been found. During the second-to-last ruling, some phone calls between Bergamo and Maria Grazia Fazi, his personal assistant and Aia's (Italian referees' association) former secretary have been cited, where they talked about a dinner with Facchetti, Inter Milan's president at that time, that had to take place the evening of the 5th of January 2005, and some phone calls about the organization of the event, that was hold on the eve of the match Livorno-Inter 0-2.

Lieutenant colonel Attilio Auricchio, key witness of the whole accusatorial system, and prosecutor Narducci had confessed to know nothing about the reasons that just "those" phone calls were not in the informative report and something could have slipped by.

Yesterday, there was a dramatic turn of the events. The defence's lawyers seem to have found, among many others, the mobile calls made by Bergamo to Moratti and the other ones with Facchetti, who, according to Bergamo, used to phone not less than twice a week. And there is something more: many contacts between Adriano Galliani, Lega's president at that time (and also AC Milan's president) and Pierluigi Pairetto, former designator with Bergamo seem to have been found. The conversations have not been heard yet. From the way the investigation has been going on, the number of wiretaps, whose target seems to have been the former designator, has been revealed: 51 000! Those who have been dying for the truth, cannot wait to listent to the tapes. Were these protests or referees' scheme games like the very famous one between Luciano Moggi and Bergamo, when Juventus former general director used to ask who "had studied more"? Was it an exchange of points of view or requests for favours? The last few days of the court ruling have been decisive. Attilio «I can't remember» Auricchio has been given a hard time by Massimo De Santis (former referee), Paolo Bergamo (former designator), Andrea and Diego Della Valle, Sandro Mencucci (Fiorentina's owners and managers) and Mariano Fabiani's (Messina's former sports director) lawyers.

The answers that have been given are unbelievable: so evasive that they highlight the doubts about the "(almost) only meaning" of the investigation: Juventus anyway and then we will see what happens. An example: if you think about the fact that Della Valle brothers have been negotiating with Bergamo to save their position (season 2004-2005), and if you know about the summit held in a hotel in Florence, you cannot be satisified of the news without spreading rumours around the tables to shed light on possilbe deals.  Even judge Teresa Casoria lost her patience and it is not the first time. To know the conversations among Bergamo, Moratti and Facchetti, and between Galliani and Pairetto, we have to wait for next round that is due on the 13th of April.
(La Stampa)

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: April 3, 2010, 09:54:27 pm »
3/4/10

Atalanta 2 - 0 Siena
Bari 0 - 1 Roma
Cagliari 2 - 3 AC Milan
Catania 2 - 0 Palermo
Chievo 1- 2 Sampdoria
Genoa 1 - 1 Livorno
Inter Milan 3 - 0 Bologna
Lazio 1 - 1 Napoli
Parma 1 -  1 Fiorentina
Udinese 3 - 0 Juventus

Inter Milan 66
Roma 65
AC Milan 63
Palermo 51
Sampdoria 51
Napoli 49
Juventus 48
Fiorentina 45
Genoa 45
Bari 43
Parma 43
Cagliari 40
Catania 38
Chievo 38
Udinese 35
Bologna 35
Lazio 34
Atalanta 31
Siena 26
Livorno 26

Top 3 keep themselves the same distance apart, but Juve's season is just getting worse and worse. Losing very convincingly to a team that were a point above relegation before kick off.

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: April 3, 2010, 10:42:27 pm »
Udinese weren't good, Juve were just terrible.