Author Topic: The Metal thread. Show your horns!  (Read 184662 times)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Re: The metal thread. Show your horns!
« Reply #520 on: January 31, 2011, 11:28:13 pm »
All is better when you are leathered.... Sounds like a saying, eh? :D

I look forward to hearing their new album. Do agree on the guitars sounding like keyboards - reminds me of Cradle of Filth, Hammerfall etc. I detest that "music"!
Not "The Principle of Evil made Flesh" Cradle, that was a great album, before Dani the midget gimp learned to squeak like sooties mate off the telly.

I tend to go off bands once they poilsh their sound. Amon had it right on Vs the world and haven't been close to sounding that good since if i'm honest. I'm still going to buy it and i'm sure i will enjoy it.

Oh, and even though i'm just about the only person in here that  will like it, there's a leak about of the new Burzum album Fallen, and it's a fucking belter. Could be even better than the comeback "'belus" and i loved that one. A truly inspired vocal display from Varg on this one, including some excellent humming (you have to hear it to appreciate it ;) )
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #521 on: February 1, 2011, 10:23:15 am »
Not "The Principle of Evil made Flesh" Cradle, that was a great album, before Dani the midget gimp learned to squeak like sooties mate off the telly.

I tend to go off bands once they poilsh their sound. Amon had it right on Vs the world and haven't been close to sounding that good since if i'm honest. I'm still going to buy it and i'm sure i will enjoy it.

Oh, and even though i'm just about the only person in here that  will like it, there's a leak about of the new Burzum album Fallen, and it's a fucking belter. Could be even better than the comeback "'belus" and i loved that one. A truly inspired vocal display from Varg on this one, including some excellent humming (you have to hear it to appreciate it ;) )

Yeah I know what you mean about Amon Amarth. My favourite album is Once Sent From The Golden Hall. But I love all their albums. They are really consistent and imo haven't released a bad album yet. Twilight of The Thunder God was a bit too polished for my liking but wasn't bad. Hopefully the new album will be kickass!

I've heard about the leak of Fallen. I'm *ahem* acquiring it right now.  :P Will post my thought later.

Oh, for the fans of nature inspired black metal, I've just discovered some new bands - Wodensthrone,Winterfylleth and Askival. Here're some songs by them.

Wodensthrone - Leodum on Lande:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmQbBPj-m7g

Winterfylleth - A Valley Thick With Oaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTE5LN2a2ws

Askival- Whispers in the Breeze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCnL0XQAtM

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #522 on: February 1, 2011, 09:16:29 pm »
Yeah I know what you mean about Amon Amarth. My favourite album is Once Sent From The Golden Hall. But I love all their albums. They are really consistent and imo haven't released a bad album yet. Twilight of The Thunder God was a bit too polished for my liking but wasn't bad. Hopefully the new album will be kickass!

I've heard about the leak of Fallen. I'm *ahem* acquiring it right now.  :P Will post my thought later.

Oh, for the fans of nature inspired black metal, I've just discovered some new bands - Wodensthrone,Winterfylleth and Askival. Here're some songs by them.

I've been listening to Winterfylleth  for a while, The Mercian Sphere is a brilliant album! I'll have a check of the other 2, never heard of them though!

I've been revisiting this masterpiece over the last day (when i've not been listening to Burzum) Truly one of the greatest releases for me of the last decade!

World ov Worms by Zyklon. They were fucking brutal live as well. I love all 3 albums, but this one was the first and the best. Utterly crushing!!
Gratitude

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #523 on: February 1, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »

Wodensthrone: Youtube couldn't load this for some reason...

Winterfylleth: :thumbup

Askival: :thumbup

Burzum: I'm not there yet...

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #524 on: February 1, 2011, 09:43:35 pm »
I've been listening to Winterfylleth  for a while, The Mercian Sphere is a brilliant album! I'll have a check of the other 2, never heard of them though!

I've been revisiting this masterpiece over the last day (when i've not been listening to Burzum) Truly one of the greatest releases for me of the last decade!

World ov Worms by Zyklon. They were fucking brutal live as well. I love all 3 albums, but this one was the first and the best. Utterly crushing!!

I've been meaning to check out zyklon for quite some time now, but never did. Might do it one of there days.
Wodensthrone and askival have only released one album each. But they are great! For me hypnotic electric  guitars+acoustic guitars+synths=win  ;D

Offline red_to_the_toe

• Kopite
  • I can't get no
« Reply #525 on: February 2, 2011, 03:18:45 am »
Yes!!!!! About fucking time!!!!!

Due for release in Europe in Feb 14th (apparantly) the following album of sludge glory is due to be released!

I fucking love crowbar. Everything they've ever done is brilliant I think, downtuned, dirty, doomy, sludgy, grim, and their nice blokes to boot (met them once in London) I've managed to get hold of a sneeky leak of it, despite my pre-order being in for it, and it's brilliant!!

;D

I just saw them a few months back. Played mostly songs from Broken Glass and Odd Fellows Rest, was fucking phenomenal.  I saw them, While Heaven Wept, and Katatonia in about one month. 

Kirk Windstein = fucking nice. Helped his merch team pack all the shirts and merchandise wearing his Maiden Killers Vans.
All non-ravens are non-black.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #526 on: February 2, 2011, 05:01:25 am »
I just saw them a few months back. Played mostly songs from Broken Glass and Odd Fellows Rest, was fucking phenomenal.  I saw them, While Heaven Wept, and Katatonia in about one month. 

Kirk Windstein = fucking nice. Helped his merch team pack all the shirts and merchandise wearing his Maiden Killers Vans.
Kirk really is such a nice bloke. When i met him he was a right laugh whilst being down to earth, so were the rest of the lads who were in the band at the time as well (i'm honestly not sure if it's the same lineup still)

The suns back out here, which makes it more Crowbar weather than Burzum, so i'll be spinning the new one again later!

Oh, one other for the thrash fans, that i'd forgotten about is the new Onslaught album "Sounds of Violence" I need a few more listens of that one as well, as everything's taken a listening back seat to Fallen over the last couple of days, but from the initial listen, it's a goodun!
Gratitude

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #527 on: February 2, 2011, 10:38:53 am »
Found a better link for the new Amon Amarth song War Of The Gods here

The quality is much better. Enjoy!

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: February 3, 2011, 11:02:27 pm »
Found a better link for the new Amon Amarth song War Of The Gods here

The quality is much better. Enjoy!

:thumbup

I really look forward to March 29th... Late B-day pressie for myself there!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #529 on: February 4, 2011, 04:38:22 am »
Wodensthrone :thumbup, like it a lot, i'll be ordering that when i can

Askival like the music but i'm not keen on the vocals, wich i find odd coming from myself seeing as i really like the Meads of Asphodel, whose vocals are a bit like that in places
Gratitude

Offline red_to_the_toe

• Kopite
  • I can't get no
« Reply #530 on: February 4, 2011, 04:53:39 am »
Keeping it in this thread. 7 metal albums that made me get "metal":

1. King Diamond - Abigail
2. Metallica - Ride the Lightning 
3. Fredrik Thordenal's Special Defects - Sol Niger Within
4. Crowbar - Broken Glass 
5. Judas Priest - Painkiller
6. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
7. Death - Symbolic

These albums opened new worlds for me when I was a young guitar player (wanting to be a drummer), and of course introduced me to other bands I would otherwise never consider.

Don't be greedy, share yours.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2011, 06:00:11 am by red_to_the_toe »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #531 on: February 4, 2011, 07:41:50 am »
Keeping it in this thread. 7 metal albums that made me get "metal":

1. King Diamond - Abigail
2. Metallica - Ride the Lightning 
3. Fredrik Thordenal's Special Defects - Sol Niger Within
4. Crowbar - Broken Glass 
5. Judas Priest - Painkiller
6. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
7. Death - Symbolic

These albums opened new worlds for me when I was a young guitar player (wanting to be a drummer), and of course introduced me to other bands I would otherwise never consider.

Don't be greedy, share yours.

In no particular order for the eye opening of metal then

Metallica - Justice for all
Dedicide - Deicide
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Mayhem - De Mysteriis dom Sathanas
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

There's so many more though, that was just my youth, i could probably do one for my teens (above), one for my 20's and one for so far in my 30's!!
Gratitude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 4, 2011, 10:10:14 pm »
7 albums it is...

Metallica  - And justice for all...
AC/DC - For those about to rock
Iron Maiden - Live after death
Accept - Metal Heart
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Ozzy - No more tears

These opened my eyes (and ears) to the heavier stuff out there. Took me a while to get beyond Metallica but once I "learned" to listen to Rammstein I've been on an ever evolving journey and you lot (especially you Chap) have made it a lot of fun! :thumbup

Offline Frog

• Likes to woo
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Sounders til I die! www.weareecs.com
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #533 on: February 5, 2011, 04:57:07 am »
Missing Motorhead as I type this (not enough spare cash) and will be missing Ozzy and Slash tomorrow night. Craptacular.

Edit:

se7en albums:

Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Mudvayne - LD 50
Sepultura - Roots
AC/DC - Back In Black
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 05:05:42 am by Frog »
The bluest skies you’ve ever seen are in Seattle- And the hills the greenest green, in Seattle-
Like a beautiful child, growing up, free an’ wild- Full of hopes an’ full of fears, full of laughter, full of tears-
Full of dreams to last the years, in Seattle- in Seattle!

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #534 on: February 5, 2011, 06:12:10 am »
Just seven? This will change so much. I'm also torn as to what is metal. I mean if Sabbath is metal I could probably put Electric Wizard or Dream Theater down here. I digress...

Sepultura - Chaos AD (The first metal album I can remember hearing. Had a tape of them live playing Biotech is Godzilla which I'd worn out by the age of 10. Also it was only recorded about an hour down the road from me. So suck on that).
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Cynic - Focus
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Testament - A New Order

I think that'll do.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 06:23:04 am by Juan Loco »
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #535 on: February 5, 2011, 09:55:17 am »
Cock it. Missed out Pantera, which is utterly criminal. Uuugghhhhh, too hard to just do 7

I mean, do we start letting in pelican, earth.......etc There's sooooo many!!!!!
Gratitude

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #536 on: February 5, 2011, 10:31:21 am »
Just 7? this is hard...

1. Led Zeppelin - IV (introduced me to the riff, my Dad had it and I listened to it when I was about 7)
2. AC/DC - Highway To Hell (always has, and always will be my favourite band. Got me into hard rock in a big way)
3. Iron Maiden - Killers (blew me away when I first heard this, this band was my first Heavy metal love)
4. Anthrax - Spreading The Disease (a mate lent me this, it was the heaviest thing I'd heard up til then)
5. Metallica - Master Of Puppets (made me a thrasher, but I think AJFA is a better album)
6. Slayer - South Of Heaven (the most evil thing I'd ever heard, changed me forever)
7. Sepultura - Beneath The Remains (my introduction to the heavier side of thrash, and death metal)

Those 7 albums shaped my taste in music forever, even though I went through the house music phase, the Pink Floyd phase, never got into indie, but I always make my way back to metal.

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #537 on: February 5, 2011, 11:17:55 am »
Just 7? this is hard...

1. Led Zeppelin - IV (introduced me to the riff, my Dad had it and I listened to it when I was about 7)

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Led Zeppelin IV is not 'metal'.

Rock and Roll, Battle of Evermore, Stairway, Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, Going To California and When The Levee Breaks aren't 'metal'.

Only Black Dog can 'possibly' be classed as 'metal' by some but it's really more of a strutting heavy blues rocker.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 11:19:41 am by Sasquatch »

Offline Shark Sandwich

• Shit Sandwich
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #538 on: February 5, 2011, 11:48:34 am »
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Irony Is A Dead Scene (EP)
Mastodon - Leviathan
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Van Halen - Van Halen
Slipknot - Slipknot
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Mastodon - Blood Mountain

It's all about Mastodon, really.  ;)
"What's wrong with being sexy?"

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #539 on: February 5, 2011, 01:36:10 pm »
Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Led Zeppelin IV is not 'metal'.

Rock and Roll, Battle of Evermore, Stairway, Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, Going To California and When The Levee Breaks aren't 'metal'.

Only Black Dog can 'possibly' be classed as 'metal' by some but it's really more of a strutting heavy blues rocker.

Nooooooo, I know Led Zeppelin aren't metal, neither are AC/DC. But if it wasn't for both of those bands I would never have got into Iron Maiden, then Anthrax, Metallica, Slayer, Sepultura, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, and so on. So IV will always be the record that introduced me to riffs, distorted (kinda) guitars, and blues based rock.

Not getting at you or anything, but the one thing I hate about the metal scene is genre arguments. You ever been on the Metal Archives board? Honestly, the silly pedantic arguments over what is and isn't metal, is ridiculous. Even arguments over whether something is "brutal technical death metal" or "technical death metal with brutal elements" or whatever. Stinks of elitism, and that does my head in.

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #540 on: February 5, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »
^

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't call AC/DC 'metal' either.

Nah I haven't been on any 'metal' boards but I was really into the metal scene 20 or so years ago. Even then bands who weren't really 'metal' (like Bon Jovi or Aerosmith) were lumped into the category.

Cheers for explaining what you meant. I just don't like Led Zep being refered to as metal. Only a small number of songs they did could be considered even remotely metal, though I do say that something like Communication Breakdown or Whole Lotta Love defined the blueprint for much of what was called 'metal' through the following 2 decades.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: February 5, 2011, 03:37:01 pm »
Cock it. Missed out Pantera, which is utterly criminal. Uuugghhhhh, too hard to just do 7

I mean, do we start letting in pelican, earth.......etc There's sooooo many!!!!!

Ahh, Pelican. It is too difficult. Can't believe I missed out Mastodon either. 70 is a better number ;D Even some Metallica might slip in that way.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #542 on: February 5, 2011, 05:02:28 pm »
^

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't call AC/DC 'metal' either.

Nah I haven't been on any 'metal' boards but I was really into the metal scene 20 or so years ago. Even then bands who weren't really 'metal' (like Bon Jovi or Aerosmith) were lumped into the category.

Cheers for explaining what you meant. I just don't like Led Zep being refered to as metal. Only a small number of songs they did could be considered even remotely metal, though I do say that something like Communication Breakdown or Whole Lotta Love defined the blueprint for much of what was called 'metal' through the following 2 decades.

I think those two songs you mentioned, and Black Dog and Immigrant Song are the only "Metal" songs Zep did. Communication Breakdown especially.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #543 on: February 5, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »
Ahh, Pelican. It is too difficult. Can't believe I missed out Mastodon either. 70 is a better number ;D Even some Metallica might slip in that way.
I know! I'd probably struggle at 70 if i'm honest. 80'2 metallica? Yes please, nothing wrong with that, first 4 albums, (despite Justice sounding like a couple of girl guides having a fight with dustbin lids) are awsome.

Interesting debate regarding gateway bands into metal. I'm trying to think of what got me into rock and metal in the first place. I think my brother had an ozzy album when i was a lot younger, i heard it and went from there. There were about 4 of us at school together who found the faith of metal at the same time and we all just fed off each other really after that.
Gratitude

Offline kinkytones

• Anny Roader
  • Ta for the profile reset. Bellends
« Reply #544 on: February 5, 2011, 09:17:21 pm »
Liking the Winterfylleth and Wodsenthrone love in here!

Oh and sorry if it might have been posted, but have a look at this boss 'map of metal' showing its origins through to present day.

www.mapofmetal.com
"Our purpose was to document the event" - Mossad agents arrested on 9/11 caught filming the attacks.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #545 on: February 5, 2011, 09:31:01 pm »
Liking the Winterfylleth and Wodsenthrone love in here!

Oh and sorry if it might have been posted, but have a look at this boss 'map of metal' showing its origins through to present day.

www.mapofmetal.com

Nice find, I like that.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: February 6, 2011, 12:39:15 am »
I know! I'd probably struggle at 70 if i'm honest. 80'2 metallica? Yes please, nothing wrong with that, first 4 albums, (despite Justice sounding like a couple of girl guides having a fight with dustbin lids) are awsome.

Interesting debate regarding gateway bands into metal. I'm trying to think of what got me into rock and metal in the first place. I think my brother had an ozzy album when i was a lot younger, i heard it and went from there. There were about 4 of us at school together who found the faith of metal at the same time and we all just fed off each other really after that.

Older cousin for me. Same with punk. Remember borrowing Sepultura, Pantera, Metallica, Nofx, Marilyn Mason etc all when I was younger. Sepultura first. Three out of five isn't a bad ratio.

Then when I went to comp similar situation. Mates who looked similar music, swapping CDs, jamming, getting stoned and listening to music. Good times.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: February 6, 2011, 01:54:01 pm »

Older cousin for me. Same with punk. Remember borrowing Sepultura, Pantera, Metallica, Nofx, Marilyn Mason etc all when I was younger. Sepultura first. Three out of five isn't a bad ratio.

Then when I went to comp similar situation. Mates who looked similar music, swapping CDs, jamming, getting stoned and listening to music. Good times.

The albums I listed earlier were the ones that opened my ears to the heavier stuff. Up to borrowing AC/DC "For those about to rock" the wildest I'd been listening to was Europe. But around when I was 15 I discovered my musical heaven. One of my all time fave albums (I forgot to mention it but it's not really metal) is "Sonic Temple" by The Cult. The sound, the riffs, Ian Astbury's vocals and Mickey Curry's (Bryan Adams drummer) drums on that albums just blew me away. I've been through the mandatory selection of Led Zep (metal or not?), Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica etc. I didn't go further than Metallica up until a mate introduced me to Rammstein. All of a sudden there was a new world - again. I went through NIN, Helmet, Isis, Monster Magnet and I managed to get to like Sepultura as well.

With the help of some of you lads in here I've discovered Viking and Folk metal - what a reat that is.

Isn't music just great?

Offline red_to_the_toe

• Kopite
  • I can't get no
« Reply #548 on: February 7, 2011, 05:22:45 am »
Older metal head I knew threw me out of his store having learned I didn't own Painkiller, Rust In Peace, Reign In Blood, or Abigail. That was the end for me.

Tough to leave out Practice What You Preach or The New Order, but those were later discoveries on my end.

The "7" were meant to also be the metal albums that opened up new musical realms, that made you understand what metal meant I suppose. There's a feeling deep down that's triggered, even King Crimson does that for me, that song Fallen Angel especially. The hairs on your neck raise a metal salute to the metal gods.

So your Led Zeppelin IV, Earth, AC/DC count too, even though not typically metal, may have made you "get" metal.

Fuck I forgot Ratt's self-titled album...

Offline The Rawker

• Main Stander
  • MUYA
« Reply #549 on: February 10, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »
AC/DC were my first love.  I'm a total metal head, and AC/DC were always classed as metal when I was a kid.  I got into metal via AC/DC (Let's Get it up from FTATR was in the charts - 1982), and quickly progressed to Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead and then Metallica opened the door into my second love - thrash.

Here's some of my favourite albums (not all metal but mostly) http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=269284.msg8195515#msg8195515

One of my favourite bands currently, and completely underrated in my opinion, are Nevermore. I saw Sanctuary (Warrel Dane's previous band) support Megadeth in the Antrim Forum in '86 (for those Irish rockers among you - this was the infamous Mustaine "Victory to the IRA" gig.  This gig and the fallout from it spawned the Holy Wars song on Rust in Peace).

I saw Nevermore in Bradford on the Godless endeavour tour.  Brilliant band, it staggers me how little coverage they get in the rock press here.

What do youse think of the latest Maiden?  Got tickets for the Belfast Odessey in August.  Thinking about seeing the big 4 at Kneborth too, although festivals don't do it for me really.  Too many people  :-[

Big news this year is that Metallica are to start recording the follow up to thew ball blindingly brilliant Death Magnetic this year.  My favourite band of all time.  Seen them too many times to mention.

http://www.metal.com/news/article/Metallica+Back+In+Recording+Studio+Next+Month

NEWS  -  METALLICA BACK IN RECORDING STUDIO NEXT MONTH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wed, Feb 2 2011

Rumors have been bouncing around for a while now regarding Metallica getting back into the studio this year to record a new album, and it seems the band is one step closer to making it happen. With their worldwide Death Magnetic tour finally over (after banking them a solid $110 million in 2010), the guys are ready to record a new album and do it all over again. According to drummer Lars Ulrich, the band is in the best condition they've been in a long time.

Lars recently commented to a Danish newspaper:
"There’s a really good vibe in the band at the moment. In the past, we would be fed up with METALLICA whenever we returned home after a gigantic world tour, but this time it’s different. Therefore it won’t be that long before we start working on a new album. I think that we’ll probably already get the creative process going in March or April and go into the studio. We really want to get back to METALLICA quickly because we are enjoying it so much right now."
Lars further commented that Metallica are stronger now than they have been in a long time, that they're
no longer stressing about the little things that used to cause internal problems, and ready to have another strong year behind the world's highest paying Metal band. Lars has commented a number of times recently on the importance of family and healthy living, which has helped to mature the guys as people as well as a band. Many would argue that removing alcohol, drugs and late nights partying with strippers from the equation only reduces the appeal of being a rockstar band... but clean living has long been the case for Metallica now.

It'll be interesting to see what the guys come up with in terms of new material, their previous album Death Magnetic was hailed by many as being the best they've released since the Black Album back in 1991. Of course there's still tons of oldschool Metallica fans who'd love to see them return to their Thrash Metal roots of the 80s. It's more likely that the new album will be somewhere inbetween.

Metallica are set to play the Big 4 show in April and the again at Sonisphere in July, if they get busy in the studio they could be showcasing new material at the shows.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:42:31 pm by The Rawker »
Fuck it all and fuckin' no regrets

\m/

Offline jarg of pickled onions

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: February 10, 2011, 02:41:55 pm »
Evile in Manc last night - thrash-tastic! Brilliant fun.

Offline KENNYS DUGLEASH

• Main Stander
  • The Finest Club In English Football - No Argument
« Reply #551 on: February 10, 2011, 02:51:42 pm »
Cracking Thread Pal....
Been A Metal Head since the Eighties,
every Friday night 10-12 TOMMY VANCE AND THE FRIDAY NIGHT ROCK SHOW

That's where I discovered Metal-IRON MAIDEN to be exact......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3u0MoB2kco&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Metal Gods have spoken the rest are all pretenders UP THE IRONS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: February 10, 2011, 02:59:42 pm »
Friday nights were all about The Friday Rock Show with Tommy Vance or staying up for The Power Hour/Raw Power after getting in from the KH!

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #553 on: February 10, 2011, 04:20:35 pm »
Remember Battle Of The Bands on the Friday Rock Show? There was a local (Liverpool) band called Zietgiest that did pretty well on it, think they got to the final of the first BOTB. I used to go to Crawfords Art Centre on Mill Lane on a Thursday night to watch the local metal bands, there were some pretty good ones, and some utter garbage. I remember Slammer played there once. There was a band called Hatred played there a lot who I used to really like. They knocked Crawfords down years ago.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: February 10, 2011, 04:23:14 pm »
Evile in Manc last night - thrash-tastic! Brilliant fun.

Fucking amazing.

Give it ten years and my All Hallows Eve and Hell Demo's will be up on Ebay, along with that silly little note they wrote, for a pretty penny.

Offline KENNYS DUGLEASH

• Main Stander
« Reply #555 on: February 10, 2011, 05:02:30 pm »
Play the Irons Video in my previous post you will not be dissapointed.
Still kicking all the other pups arsenals all these years later lol

UP THE IRONS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: February 10, 2011, 06:28:34 pm »
Fucking amazing.

Give it ten years and my All Hallows Eve and Hell Demo's will be up on Ebay, along with that silly little note they wrote, for a pretty penny.

I'm still beaming! Being 37, I was one of the oldest people there and I was pleased to see not one dyed black Justin Bieber fringe, it may as well have been the Krazy House in the late 80s/early 90s.

Stagedivers aplenty, sweat dripping from the ceiling, I haven't seen a gig like this since Prong at the Krazy House in 1992 (night of the first Portsmouth semi-final.)

It's a crime that more people aren't aware of them, especially when the likes of BFMV are considered "the standbearers of British metal" by the main mags (not Terrorizer though, of course!)

I don't know how to embed youtube vids, but here's a vid of Thrasher from last night. Get onto the bastard son of Marty Friedman on 32 seconds! Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YVqV09mRD0

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #557 on: February 10, 2011, 09:12:35 pm »
I'm still beaming! Being 37, I was one of the oldest people there and I was pleased to see not one dyed black Justin Bieber fringe, it may as well have been the Krazy House in the late 80s/early 90s.

Stagedivers aplenty, sweat dripping from the ceiling, I haven't seen a gig like this since Prong at the Krazy House in 1992 (night of the first Portsmouth semi-final.)

It's a crime that more people aren't aware of them, especially when the likes of BFMV are considered "the standbearers of British metal" by the main mags (not Terrorizer though, of course!)

I don't know how to embed youtube vids, but here's a vid of Thrasher from last night. Get onto the bastard son of Marty Friedman on 32 seconds! Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YVqV09mRD0
Here you go mate

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YVqV09mRD0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7YVqV09mRD0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name&gt;</a>

Sounds good, i like what i've heard from Evile, mainly from juan banging on about them for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ( ;) ) Nice to see a bastard V on show there as well, possibly the most hilariously pointy guitar in metal bar Tony from Vital Remain's even more hilarious cross thing

Gratitude

Offline KENNYS DUGLEASH

• Main Stander
« Reply #558 on: February 10, 2011, 09:13:56 pm »
Too much thrash and not enough metal for me lads lol
Heard of the concept of 'Melody'?

Heres how we done it in the day with 'Melody'
Notice how the Lead guitars create a'Tune'...amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLMFnViDpI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:22:17 pm by KENNYS DUGLEASH »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #559 on: February 10, 2011, 09:19:28 pm »
Too much thrash and not enough metal for me lads lol
Heard of the concept of 'Melody'?

Heres how we done it in the day with 'Melody'
Notice how the Lead guitars create a'Tune'...amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3u0MoB2kco&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Alright mate. I love Maiden, have loved them for decades and seen them many times live. But it's not the Maiden thread, it's the metal thread. Celebrate the wonder that is metal, let's not have sarcy comments that lead to arguments eh
:wave
Gratitude