Author Topic: The Metal thread. Show your horns!  (Read 184665 times)

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The metal thread. Show your horns!
« Reply #480 on: December 1, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »
Been listening to some Agalloch on youtube just now.

Think they're quality from the little i've been listening to them.

Anyone in here a fan?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #481 on: December 1, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »

Anyone in here a fan?
I am mate. I'm torn as to what's their best as I adore both "The Mantle" and "Ashes against the Grain". Their new one, "Marrow of the spirit" is very good, but not as good as either of those 2. Both those albums are timeless classics to me ;D
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #482 on: December 2, 2010, 09:39:18 am »

Anyone in here a fan?

Yeah, I'm a fan. Love their music especially when the weather's dark and cloudy.My favourite albums are the debut Pale Folklore and The Mantle. Ashes Against The Grain wasn't as good as the previous albums IMO. I found it a bit too straightforward if that makes any sense. :D  Haven't listened to their latest album though.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #483 on: December 2, 2010, 05:34:34 pm »
Yeah, I'm a fan. Love their music especially when the weather's dark and cloudy.My favourite albums are the debut Pale Folklore and The Mantle. Ashes Against The Grain wasn't as good as the previous albums IMO. I found it a bit too straightforward if that makes any sense. :D  Haven't listened to their latest album though.
I'd imagine that it all depends (like with most bands) on which you listen to first. I got Ashes first and then worked my way back and Pale, whilst good, was never as good to me. It's still better than the new one though. There's something about that new album that actually bores me a bit when i listen to it.
Gratitude

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #484 on: December 2, 2010, 05:40:16 pm »
I'd imagine that it all depends (like with most bands) on which you listen to first. I got Ashes first and then worked my way back and Pale, whilst good, was never as good to me. It's still better than the new one though. There's something about that new album that actually bores me a bit when i listen to it.

I thought of getting Ashes Against the Grain first, really liked Limbs and Falling Snow.

Misshapen Steed from Pale Folklore is the only track i've heard from that album and its amazing, haven't heard the rest of the songs though.

« Last Edit: December 2, 2010, 05:43:34 pm by N-Red »

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #485 on: December 3, 2010, 03:39:29 pm »
That's a good point. Personal tastes are always subjective. :)  I've lost interest in the band now. Don't really feel like checking out the new album. But their older material stands the test of time very well imo. 

N-Red - do check out pale folklore.  It's got a great atmosphere!

PS - Typed this on my cell phone, so please ignore the typos. :)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #486 on: December 4, 2010, 04:17:58 am »
Album of the year.

Right then metalheads. Seeing as there's a poll going on on the media board at the moment, i thought we should do our own little album of the year. Pick your top 5 releases this year. I don't think we'll bother collating them all unless we get tons of people doing it, thought it might be interesting. Plus i couldn't be arsed to put my top ten on the main one as it's not like the metal will get a look in ;)

So, for me....actually top 5 is difficult as there's been some fucking belting releases this year. If people want to, we could do top 10 instead......

1) Nifelvind by Finntroll.
2) Snakes to the Devine - High on Fire
3) Axioma Ethica Odini - Enslaved
4) Ghost - Opus Eponymous
5) Belus - Burzum
6) Witchkreig - Witchery
7) In the absence of light - Abigail Williams
8 ) The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden
9) Promise and Terror - Blaze Bayley
10) Mastermind - Monster Magnet

Oh god, i might have to revise that over the next couple of days......... Feel free to add your own ;D
« Last Edit: December 4, 2010, 04:52:02 am by Red_Isle_Chap »
Gratitude

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #487 on: December 7, 2010, 10:29:38 am »
Have listened to only a couple of 2010's releases so far. :( 
For album of the year I'd have to go with Burzum - Belus. It's not as great as Varg's earlier albums, but it's pretty good. A good comeback album.

Drudkh's A Handful of Stars was OK. Very different from their previous works. This album seems to take a more rock oriented approach compared to their earlier albums which were pagan/nature influenced black metal. A big disappointment from the band that released albums like Forgotten Legends and Autumn Aurora.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #488 on: December 10, 2010, 02:49:56 am »
Have listened to only a couple of 2010's releases so far. :( 
For album of the year I'd have to go with Burzum - Belus. It's not as great as Varg's earlier albums, but it's pretty good. A good comeback album.

Drudkh's A Handful of Stars was OK. Very different from their previous works. This album seems to take a more rock oriented approach compared to their earlier albums which were pagan/nature influenced black metal. A big disappointment from the band that released albums like Forgotten Legends and Autumn Aurora.
Have to say, handful of stars was quite a dissapointment for me. Still my fave of theirs is "blood in our wells"

I'm going to change tack from the fairly extreme stuff i normally post. I'm utterly in love with this lot at the moment. Due to wasting a lot of time on the new Need for SPeed game, i need music to drive at insane speeds to. Wolf fit the bill. Swedish lot, and the below track is from their first album "black wings" It's Painkiller meets the first Maiden album, see what you think

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sH0kYI2XdRY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sH0kYI2XdRY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name&gt;</a>
Gratitude

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #489 on: December 10, 2010, 09:57:44 am »
Have to say, handful of stars was quite a dissapointment for me. Still my fave of theirs is "blood in our wells"

I'm going to change tack from the fairly extreme stuff i normally post. I'm utterly in love with this lot at the moment. Due to wasting a lot of time on the new Need for SPeed game, i need music to drive at insane speeds to. Wolf fit the bill. Swedish lot, and the below track is from their first album "black wings" It's Painkiller meets the first Maiden album, see what you think

That song's awesome! The vocals weren't the best but damn, this's heavy fucking metal! As you say it's perfect for games like Need For Speed. Thanks!  :thumbup

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: December 10, 2010, 01:04:22 pm »
Albums that really stood out this year: High On Fire's Snakes For The Divine, Electric Wizard's Black Mass, Soilwork's The Panic Broadcast, Deftones' Diamond Eyes, Misery Index' Heirs To The Thievery, Slash's S/T, ... And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #491 on: December 10, 2010, 10:52:35 pm »
Albums that really stood out this year: High On Fire's Snakes For The Divine, Electric Wizard's Black Mass, Soilwork's The Panic Broadcast, Deftones' Diamond Eyes, Misery Index' Heirs To The Thievery, Slash's S/T, ... And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.
Dammit, and i've only just been going on about the new Wizard album and i've left it out of the top ten. Bugger it!
Gratitude

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2010, 09:31:54 am »
So now that 2011 is almost here what albums are you guys looking forward to? I can't wait for the new Moonsorrow album rumoured to be released in February. The new Falkenbach album's also set for a late January release date. Both bands are among my favourites, so can't wait for the albums!

Apparently new albums from Amon Amarth, Megadeth and Gorguts might also be released. Looks like 2011 might  be a great year for metal.  8)

So my fellow metalheads, what releases are you looking forward to for the coming year?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #493 on: January 2, 2011, 02:32:19 am »
So now that 2011 is almost here what albums are you guys looking forward to? I can't wait for the new Moonsorrow album rumoured to be released in February. The new Falkenbach album's also set for a late January release date. Both bands are among my favourites, so can't wait for the albums!

Apparently new albums from Amon Amarth, Megadeth and Gorguts might also be released. Looks like 2011 might  be a great year for metal.  8)

So my fellow metalheads, what releases are you looking forward to for the coming year?
Moonsorrw, check!
Falkenbach, Check!
Amon Amart, Check!

Not arsed about a new megadeth to be honest and i've never really been into Gorguts. I've been well lame of late and haven't kept up at all on who's going to be releaseing what next year. I'll have to sort that out in the next few weeks!
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #494 on: January 3, 2011, 09:39:59 pm »
Well the first 2 that i'm getting this year and are on their way, are Blood Magick Necromance by Belphegor and Demons of Light by Earth. The former being Blackened death, really very heavy and great, the other being Drone/doom of the highest quality, or at least that's what i'm hoping for from both as I've got a shit load from both bands already and love all of it!
Gratitude

Offline Eluamous

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: January 4, 2011, 02:17:55 am »
New Trivium and Machine Head albums should be out later in the year. Will be interesting to see how they follow up on Shogun and The Blackening, which I thought were both bands best work to date.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #496 on: January 4, 2011, 10:38:24 am »
New Trivium...

This is the metal thread, mate. :P

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #497 on: January 4, 2011, 10:25:54 pm »
This is the metal thread, mate. :P
No need for that, despite me not liking them, they do fall into the metal thread ;) :P

Eluamous, you really think that The Blackening was the best machine head to date? I'll admit that it's certainly a good return to form after the bilge that was both the burning red and supercharger (which is very close to the worst metal album ever recorded, only beaten by St Anger I think, at least from mainstream bands), but for me it's not a patch on Burn My Eyes. I still remember when that came out in '94, brilliant album. I never bothered with the album after supercharger, as that put me right off them and i only gave the blackening a listen for a laugh and was presently surprised.
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #498 on: January 5, 2011, 09:31:56 pm »
Album of last year? It's Electric Wizard. Debates about the morality of abortions are less heavy. They are well deserving of the term 'artists'. They don't just play music - they set moods.

Is it their best release? Not by a long-shot. But Black Masses is to Electric Wizard what Shutter Island is to Scorsese. If not their strongest work, but it still shows they're well ahead of the field when it comes to capturing the atmosphere.

Ain't nothin' bleaker than an Electric Wizard album.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #499 on: January 6, 2011, 04:24:50 am »
Album of last year? It's Electric Wizard. Debates about the morality of abortions are less heavy. They are well deserving of the term 'artists'. They don't just play music - they set moods.

Is it their best release? Not by a long-shot. But Black Masses is to Electric Wizard what Shutter Island is to Scorsese. If not their strongest work, but it still shows they're well ahead of the field when it comes to capturing the atmosphere.

Juan old bean, where have you been hiding mate?

Shutter island was shit, but I like the Wizard album! Not the best of the year for me, but then we'd probably always disagree on that ;D
Gratitude

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #500 on: January 6, 2011, 04:27:53 am »

It's a good album. Better than their last one, that's for sure.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: January 6, 2011, 01:22:01 pm »
Welcome the fuck back, Juan! Was waiting on you postin' sth about the Electric Wizard.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 8, 2011, 10:34:37 pm »
One RAWK poster ('ayeyeadio'?) stuck up a tune by Blue Cheer the other day. I know this because I searched it. But this is 1968...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjbDzwjoQwA&feature=related

edit: The original LP sells for ooh.. 100-200+ quid.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2011, 10:37:08 pm by Filler. »

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #503 on: January 8, 2011, 11:47:42 pm »
One RAWK poster ('ayeyeadio'?) stuck up a tune by Blue Cheer the other day. I know this because I searched it. But this is 1968...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjbDzwjoQwA&feature=related

edit: The original LP sells for ooh.. 100-200+ quid.

That's GOOD! :thumbup

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #504 on: January 9, 2011, 12:21:38 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlwLmyaa454?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AlwLmyaa454?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 9, 2011, 01:32:10 am »
Welcome the fuck back, Juan! Was waiting on you postin' sth about the Electric Wizard.

Can't resist a bit of the Wizard mate.

You going to head off to Dunk! this year? Worth your while if you can get to Zottegem. God is an astronaut and maybeshewill are definitely there. Not the comfiest easter you'll have, but the music is incredible.

Juan old bean, where have you been hiding mate?

Shutter island was shit, but I like the Wizard album! Not the best of the year for me, but then we'd probably always disagree on that ;D

You alright mate? You ever come across any Warpath?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #506 on: January 9, 2011, 02:11:16 am »

You going to head off to Dunk! this year? Worth your while if you can get to Zottegem. God is an astronaut and maybeshewill are definitely there. Not the comfiest easter you'll have, but the music is incredible.

You alright mate? You ever come across any Warpath?
All good mate, all good.

Warpath eh. I think i might have some stashed away somewhere at home, but i'm not all that familiar with them. Thrash aren't they, from the uk?
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 9, 2011, 02:24:25 am »
All good mate, all good.

Warpath eh. I think i might have some stashed away somewhere at home, but i'm not all that familiar with them. Thrash aren't they, from the uk?

Yup. One of my best mates is the Guitarist/singer. Played a few gigs with them in a very, very early version of the band.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #508 on: January 9, 2011, 02:57:57 am »
Yup. One of my best mates is the Guitarist/singer. Played a few gigs with them in a very, very early version of the band.
haha, so should I ask you if their any good, seeing as you're going to be biased? In fact, scratch that, i'll have a look if i've got any when I get home, then i'll ask again later.
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: January 9, 2011, 03:20:07 am »
haha, so should I ask you if their any good, seeing as you're going to be biased? In fact, scratch that, i'll have a look if i've got any when I get home, then i'll ask again later.

Haha. That'll depend what EP you've got.

They're pretty good, yeah. I think they know what their weakest areas are. He's worked really hard at vocals, and they'll definitely be better on the next album, but they're not up to the same level as the music on the CD that was out the other year. Also, personal preference, but I never loved the lead playing of their old lead guitarist. Technically amazing player but there's no memorable solo in there for my money (and maybe I'm being overly critical but I got a bit sick of hearing sweeps with a tap added at the end in every solo).

The good stuff? Well, the rhythm section is fucking bang on. Seriously, I don't know many drummers out there that can live with James. They are easily the most technical band of the "New Wave of Thrash Metal" scene that's burgeoning at the moment. There's a labyrinth of killer riffs (and by the sounds of what he's played me, they've pushed that even futher on the next album) and rhythmically they are tight as tight can be.

They're good shit. Definitely one that every desperate to be considered scene metal kid is starting to mention.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #510 on: January 9, 2011, 03:34:36 am »
Haha. That'll depend what EP you've got.

They're pretty good, yeah. I think they know what their weakest areas are. He's worked really hard at vocals, and they'll definitely be better on the next album, but they're not up to the same level as the music on the CD that was out the other year. Also, personal preference, but I never loved the lead playing of their old lead guitarist. Technically amazing player but there's no memorable solo in there for my money (and maybe I'm being overly critical but I got a bit sick of hearing sweeps with a tap added at the end in every solo).

The good stuff? Well, the rhythm section is fucking bang on. Seriously, I don't know many drummers out there that can live with James. They are easily the most technical band of the "New Wave of Thrash Metal" scene that's burgeoning at the moment. There's a labyrinth of killer riffs (and by the sounds of what he's played me, they've pushed that even futher on the next album) and rhythmically they are tight as tight can be.

They're good shit. Definitely one that every desperate to be considered scene metal kid is starting to mention.
Shit mate, i didn't even know there was a "New eave of Thrash" going on at the moment. I thought there'd just always been thrash? Ah well, i'll have a look and see what i've got, if any.

Anything else, other than the wizard, that's been taking your fancy of late?

Oh and just generally (ie not just directed at Juan), after my intense bitchfest about the appallingly poor new Dimmu Borgir album, i'm pleased to say that the new Belphegor is exactly what I've been hoping for from Dimmu for a while. Can I explain that without being drunk? Probably not, but i'll give it a go. Blood Magick Necromancy is about as grandiose and full of pomp as Belphegor get. They caught my interest back in 2008 (i think it was) with the brilliantly named "Bondage Goat Zombie" which was a monster of an album and they haven't let up since. Walpurgis Rites - Hexenwahn was released in 2009, a hugely impressive album, but I think the new one (that yes i've listened to on a leak, but have my actual order in for it) is a fucking monster. Really well structured to be fast in places, and crushing in others, and both at times, whilst having a small amount of keyboards every now and again which only serve to highlight and intensify riffs (fucking take note Dimmu). Roaring (and more importantly, great) vocals in a couple of different languages (Austrian, english and 1 other I think) just hammer it all home. It fits beautifully together into a fucking heavy yet (for me) groovey slab of death/black metal (whatever....it's heavy). This is exactly what Dimmu should have become after their remake of stormblast, not the shite, blac metal for 12 years olds at ozzfest, toss that they've become.

Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:34 am »
Shit mate, i didn't even know there was a "New eave of Thrash" going on at the moment. I thought there'd just always been thrash? Ah well, i'll have a look and see what i've got, if any.

Well, I don't know they're calling it. Warpath, Evile, Gamma Bomb, Warbringer, that lot. British kids who wish they grew up in the Bay 25 years ago. Props to Warpath though, they fuckin' kill when it comes to riffs.

Anything else, other than the wizard, that's been taking your fancy of late?

Not much metalwise mate. It's been a poor year I reckon. The last High On Fire was typical Pike. Awesome. Find myself listening to the whole "post-rock" thing at the moment though, just waiting for the next Pelican or Isis release. Only album that I'm defo looking forward in 2011 (as far as metal is concerned anyways) is the new Protest the Hero. God knows what that'll sound like.

Oh yeah, and the next Cynic album, but that just about goes without saying, doesn't it? That will be fucking superb.

And screw it, here's arguably the most rifftastic track off the last Warpath album. Well, one of 'em. For those who've never listened and liked their thrash technical and a bit Death-y.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIA3V0zDKQM&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 03:44:31 am by Juan Loco »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #512 on: January 9, 2011, 04:16:39 am »
Well, after hearing the you tube song, i haven't got any of this lot. I'm not sure on the vocals if i'm honest, but that being said i'm only not sure, not that I don't think their any good. It is quite 80's bay area-esque isn't it, like a less crossover version of Municipal waste, guitar wise. I like it, and i'd be keen to hear the next ep, to see what steps they've taken in upping their musical game. But it's decent, i'll give em that.

I feel a bit bad, as i'm harsh on the vocals really, but with that style you've got to be really good or it just doesn't stand up to the music, if that makes sense. But fair play for not only trying, but putting it down on record. Vocals can be improved with practise.
Gratitude

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 10, 2011, 01:23:03 pm »

I will look into that. Zottegem's definitely not far from where I live.
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: January 10, 2011, 10:48:40 pm »
I will look into that. Zottegem's definitely not far from where I live.

Send me a PM if you head up mate. Be good to have a drink (or in this case a smoke) with a RAWKite. We'll probably be the only British guys there again so shouldn't be too hard to find.

Tickets are dirt cheap man. About 20 euros for both nights last year.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #515 on: January 27, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »
Yes!!!!! About fucking time!!!!!

Due for release in Europe in Feb 14th (apparantly) the following album of sludge glory is due to be released!

I fucking love crowbar. Everything they've ever done is brilliant I think, downtuned, dirty, doomy, sludgy, grim, and their nice blokes to boot (met them once in London) I've managed to get hold of a sneeky leak of it, despite my pre-order being in for it, and it's brilliant!!

;D
Gratitude

Offline insomniac_marlin

• Main Stander
« Reply #516 on: January 30, 2011, 09:29:53 pm »
Ok so here's something Amon Amarth fans have been waiting for. New track from their album Surtur Rising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRzXjO0lOc

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:40:08 pm by insomniac_marlin »

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: January 30, 2011, 10:58:36 pm »
Ok so here's something Amon Amarth fans have been waiting for. New track from their album Surtur Rising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRzXjO0lOc

Now where's the LIKE button when you need it??

Great find i_m and ta for posting! Sounds fucking good I think. Can't wait for the album to come out!! :thumbup

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2011, 06:10:48 am »
Now where's the LIKE button when you need it??

Great find i_m and ta for posting! Sounds fucking good I think. Can't wait for the album to come out!! :thumbup
I really like Amon, but i'm more into their earlier stuff. This is really good, but (and i appreciate that the sound for that mp3 is pretty fucking terrible) but I do find that their guitars are starting to sound like keyboards at times and that's not good as i hate that!

I'll wait until i hear a good version of it, and i'll buy it because they're awsome, but i do have my doubts. I'll just have to get leathered and give it the first spin when it arrives. Everything sounds better when leathered.
Gratitude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 31, 2011, 11:24:00 pm »
I really like Amon, but i'm more into their earlier stuff. This is really good, but (and i appreciate that the sound for that mp3 is pretty fucking terrible) but I do find that their guitars are starting to sound like keyboards at times and that's not good as i hate that!

I'll wait until i hear a good version of it, and i'll buy it because they're awsome, but i do have my doubts. I'll just have to get leathered and give it the first spin when it arrives. Everything sounds better when leathered.

All is better when you are leathered.... Sounds like a saying, eh? :D

I look forward to hearing their new album. Do agree on the guitars sounding like keyboards - reminds me of Cradle of Filth, Hammerfall etc. I detest that "music"!