Author Topic: Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann  (Read 167809 times)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Re: Sarah Palin resigns
« Reply #360 on: April 29, 2011, 09:53:49 am »
One of these is Julianne Moore...

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #361 on: May 4, 2011, 12:46:15 pm »
Another beauty from La Bachmann who did not, under any circumstances, compare taxation to the Holocaust...

May 2, 2011
Bachmann uses Holocaust to illustrate tax point

(AP)  MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann is describing the loss of "economic liberty" that young Americans face today as a "flashpoint of history" in which the younger generation will ask what their elders did to stop it.

In a speech Saturday to New Hampshire Republicans, Bachmann recounted learning about a horrific time in history as a child — the Holocaust — and wondering if her mother did anything to stop it. Though she said she wasn't drawing an analogy, Bachmann said the next generation will ask similar questions about what their elders did to prevent them from facing a huge tax burden.

source

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #362 on: May 4, 2011, 01:34:09 pm »
The fucking cow couldn't even bring herself to give Obama credit for getting OBL. (btw, Romney, Huckabee and a coupla other GOPers have also avoided the issue.  c*nts.)

(POINT CLEAR, Ala.) Former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin recently credited President Bush with the attack that killed Osama bin Laden during an address in Colorado. She spoke in Point Clear Tuesday night, saying just about the same thing.

Palin was speaking at a fundraiser benefiting children with disabilities and the question over her statements came up.

Palin reiterated her previous comments saying she is glad the administration found bin Laden, but that President Bush had laid the groundwork.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42891006

One more nail in her political coffin.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2011, 01:35:40 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #363 on: May 4, 2011, 05:51:04 pm »
They really should stop reporting on what this lunatic shithead has to say
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #364 on: May 4, 2011, 10:23:17 pm »
They really should stop reporting on what this lunatic shithead has to say

What?? And bore corkboy and jambutty to death??

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #365 on: May 4, 2011, 10:28:08 pm »
What?? And bore corkboy and jambutty to death??

I can live without her, now I have Michele...

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #366 on: May 4, 2011, 10:30:24 pm »
I can live without her, now I have Michele...

Not even with yours.
Kill the humourless

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #367 on: May 4, 2011, 10:33:15 pm »
Not even with yours.

Jam, I don't have a thing for her and I don't have a thing for Palin. Even if they were my type, which they're not, I'm one of these rare men who doesn't like to fuck stupid twisted bitches.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 4, 2011, 10:38:42 pm »
Jam, I don't have a thing for her and I don't have a thing for Palin. Even if they were my type, which they're not, I'm one of these rare men who doesn't like to fuck stupid twisted bitches.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2011, 12:34:42 pm »
This is a very long but worthwhile piece from The Atlantic. In fact, it's pretty complimentary to Palin, in the early days at least.

The Tragedy of Sarah Palin

From the moment Sarah Palin’s acceptance speech electrified the Republican convention, she was seen as an unbending, hard-charging, red-meat ideologue—to which soon was added “thin-skinned” and “vindictive.” But a look at what Palin did while in office in Alaska—the only record she has—shows a very different politician: one who worked with Democrats to tame Big Oil and solve the great problem at the heart of the state’s politics. That Sarah Palin might have set the nation on a different course. What went wrong?

Full article

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »
High schooler challenges Bachmann to debate on U.S. Constitution

By Andy Birkey | 05.13.11 | 8:04 am

A high school sophomore from New Jersey is challenging Rep. Michele Bachmann to a debate on civics and the U.S. Constitution. In an open letter to Bachmann, Amy Myers of Cherry Hill, N.J., said, “I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted.”

“I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics,” Myers wrote, according to a report by City Pages’ Nick Pinto.

Politifact rated Bachmann’s statements about the U.S. Constitution’s census requirements in 2009 as “Pants on Fire” false. CNN’s Anderson Cooper dinged Bachmann back in January for her revisionist history regarding the U.S. Constitution’s racist past.

Here’s Myers full letter:

Dear Representative Bachmann,

My name is Amy Myers. I am a Cherry Hill, New Jersey sophomore attending Cherry Hill High School East. As a typical high school student, I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted. The frequency and scope of these comments prompted me to write this letter.

Though I am not in your home district, or even your home state, you are a United States Representative of some prominence who is subject to national media coverage. News outlets and websites across this country profile your causes and viewpoints on a regular basis. As one of a handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position of Congresswoman, but women everywhere. Though politically expedient, incorrect comments cast a shadow on your person and by unfortunate proxy, both your supporters and detractors alike often generalize this shadow to women as a whole.

Rep. Bachmann, the frequent inability you have shown to accurately and factually present even the most basic information about the United States led me to submit the follow challenge, pitting my public education against your advanced legal education:

I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics.

Hopefully, we will be able to meet for such an event, as it would prove to be enlightening.

Sincerely yours,
    Amy Myers

source

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #371 on: May 19, 2011, 02:23:11 pm »
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 18:19 ET
Why Michele Bachmann should run for president

I used to think she was at the GOP fringe, but the party's in a race to the bottom. She's no worse than Gingrich
By Joan Walsh

I know, I know, I already wrote my "Run, Michele, run" piece, but it was tongue-in-cheek, the chortling of a Democrat who couldn't believe President Obama would be lucky enough to have a chance at Michele Bachmann in November 2012. She just seemed so far outside the GOP mainstream, even on the Tea Party fringe, with a gift for saying such profoundly stupid things, I couldn't take her seriously.

I'm beginning to take her kind of seriously. Because as the likely GOP contenders engage in a race to the moral, intellectual and political bottom, Bachmann's not really worse than the rest of them.

Tuesday Bachmann claimed she's riding a grass-roots wave as she ponders a presidential run in the wake of announcements by Donald Trump and Mike Huckabee that they won't make the race. "Well, I think what this has changed is the grass roots, and what they're looking for," Bachmann told Fox News. "Our phones have been ringing off the hook, our Facebook has been lit up, our donations are pouring in. And people are saying, 'Michele, jump in, we want you to run.' And we had announced earlier that we would be looking at a June entry date for a decision one way or another about this race. Possibly, we may move that up."

One day later, she can add Newt Gingrich's spectacular campaign flameout to her reasons for making a run. Watching Gingrich over the last few days convinced me that Bachmann is as credible as he is. Statesman, college professor, serious guy, Gingrich has been on the national stage for more than two decades; he's supposed to know better. But there he is making barely coded racist statements, flip-flopping on the Ryan budget and the individual health insurance mandate, and finally dismissing questions from Fox News about the hundreds of thousands of dollars he owes to Tiffany as "gotcha" journalism. That's Fox News, Newt! He's toast.

OK, Bachmann doesn't know in exactly which state American rebels fired "the shots heard round the world," she believes the founders "worked tirelessly to eradicate slavery" though many owned slaves, and likes to refer to the Obama administration as "gangster government," which is up there with Gingrich's references to Detroit and food stamps as racial dog whistles pretty much everyone can hear. She's a far-right demagogue -- but in a race where even moderate candidates are running to the right, why not offer voters the real thing?

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty used to tell the truth about climate change -- that it's human made, and we can and must do something about it -- but he's now recanted. Mitt Romney passed decent healthcare reform in Massachusetts, but he's tripping over his feet trying to run away from it. Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels wisely tried to declare a "truce" on the social issues that are driving away independents from the GOP -- and then defunded Planned Parenthood. Gingrich told the truth about the Ryan budget -- it is "right-wing social engineering" -- and then took it back. I think he had to buy Paul Ryan a big diamond ring, like Kobe Bryant bought his wife after he shamed her, to make up for it (maybe that's the Tiffany's bill). These guys know better, and they're acting like craven know-nothings; maybe it's an advantage to be the person in the race who isn't acting.

Then there's Rick Santorum, claiming Sen. John McCain knows nothing about torture. That's not even worth a full-blown story, just a sentence: Rick Santorum will never be president.

I already said Sarah Palin won't be president, and I don't expect her to run, either. She seemed to share Bachmann's regular-gal approach to campaigning, and a genuine zest for nasty attack politics, but Palin's narcissism and talent for self-pity have made her a bad candidate: It's all about her now, not the people she's purporting to represent. Plus, she's happy making a ton of money and pontificating on Fox. I think Bachmann could inherit the Palin role.

Now, I also believe, maybe delusionally, that outside of a right-wing fringe, even most Republican voters care enough about their country to reject Bachmann's divisive and uninformed political appeal. But since no Republican seems ready to test my hypothesis, Bachmann may as well go for it and be herself.

source

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2011, 11:33:59 am »
‘Blind Allegiance to Sarah Palin,’ by former staffer Frank Bailey

By Steven Levingston, Published: May 23

Frank Bailey joined Sarah Palin’s campaign for governor of Alaska in its earliest days, showing up at her shabby headquarters in Anchorage with a paintbrush, toilet bowl cleaner and hammer in November 2005 and becoming part of her “Rag Tag Team,” as she fondly dubbed her original inner circle. He’d grown up poor in Kodiak and worked as an airline baggage handler and middle manager. In Palin, he found a leader who elegantly fused faith and politics. She exuded charm, energy and idealism, and, most important, she inspired trust. Bailey was politically smitten: “In my mind, God had chosen her, and this was His will.”

But God had his own plan for Frank Bailey. The political novice spent nearly four years at Palin’s side only to wind up disillusioned by his “Ronald Reagan in high heels.” In “Blind Allegiance to Sarah Palin,” his political kiss-and-tell based on more than 50,000 Yahoo account e-mails that he wrote or received as a campaign and administration staffer, Bailey paints a portrait of an erratic, vindictive, unethical politician. Palin emerges as a woman far more interested in power, fame and fortune than in the day-to-day grind of governing.

“I am convinced,” Bailey writes, “that her priorities and per­son­al­ity are not only ill suited to head a political party or occupy national office, but would lead to a disaster of, well, biblical proportions.”

Written with Ken Morris, a novelist, and Jeanne Devon, an Alaska political blogger, “Blind Allegiance” will confirm what Palin’s critics already believe and will be derided by her proponents as nonsense from a disgruntled former staffer. The book’s value lies in its up-close peek into the mind and motives of a highly visible politician who manages to cloak her essence.

Bailey’s claims are hard to dismiss because they come not from a detractor but from a former “Pa­lin-bot,” as the Republican governor’s doting warriors were called, and because of the abundant insider e-mails. Not surprisingly, with lightning-rod Palin at its center, the memoir arrives amid a flurry of pre-publication controversy. A leaked draft lighted up the Internet this year, and this month, Alaska’s attorney general announced an investigation into Bailey’s use of the e-mails.

Bailey served Gov. Palin officially as director of boards and commissions and unofficially as gofer and protector. He discovered early in her campaign that his boss did not separate family and politics and that she routinely set out to destroy those who criticized her or her loved ones. Bailey’s blind devotion allowed him to rationalize her bad behavior and carry out her bidding — no matter how objectionable her demands were.

“Behaviors I had previously considered myself incapable of condoning would become acceptable and commonplace,” he writes. Although Palin promised to take the high road in politics, Bailey was forced into “an ethical limbo dance” that included making up letters to newspaper editors and signing them with the names of supporters. On another occasion, Bailey and other staffers spent hours voting repeatedly to manipulate a television opinion poll on Palin’s decision to reject part of the federal government’s economic stimulus funding.

Bailey also helped smear a neighbor who complained about excessive tourist traffic around the governor’s mansion. After hearing of the gripe, Palin sent her daughter Piper out to sell lemonade and then derided her neighbor for protesting children at play. Soon, the neighbor was portrayed on conservative blogs as “sick,” “unhinged” and “drug-addicted.”

“By the time we finished with our politics of destruction, he surely regretted ever mentioning the governor’s name,” Bailey writes. “He learned firsthand why so few people were willing to speak out against Sarah Palin.”

But the Palin “family vendetta” that consumed the author — and far too much of this book — was the scandal known as Troopergate. Bailey became a key figure in the brouhaha after a phone call he made on the matter was surreptitiously taped and made public. The crisis revolved around whether Palin fired Alaska’s public safety commissioner because he refused to dismiss a state trooper who had been involved in a messy divorce with Palin’s sister. Although the governor repeatedly denied she ever pressured the commissioner, an independent counsel concluded that she “knowingly permitted” efforts to “advance a personal agenda” in getting the trooper fired. “This saga, unfortunately, epitomized the worst of Sarah’s dysfunctional psyche and administration,” Bailey writes, “including the compulsion to attack en­emies, deny truth, play victim, and employ outright deception.”

Bailey was also dismayed by the chasm between Palin’s professed Christian ideals and her treatment of others, including supporters. During her race for governor, a highly decorated 86-year-old veteran who saw Palin as the state’s savior assembled more than 200 signs and walked house to house planting them in supporters’ yards. Bailey repeatedly asked Palin to pay the old gent a quick visit at his home, but she couldn’t be bothered.

According to Bailey, she was dismissive of those who helped catapult her to success. Several other elderly volunteers donated 10-hour days and earned Palin’s belittling characterization as the “crazy old men’s club.” One of the men, thrilled by her victory, presented her with his lucky fedora festooned with campaign buttons. “Rather than being touched by the gesture,” Bailey writes, “Sarah quickly tossed the beloved hat in the trash, explaining to me that it was ‘icky.’ ”

“Blind Allegiance” is so full of Palin’s pettiness and incompetence that it defines her as little more than a small-town politician at a loss on the larger stage. Bailey realized she was ill-prepared for political superstardom soon after she was tapped for a spot on the Republican presidential ticket with John McCain. “Incredibly, I mostly still believed in the myth of Sarah and her ultimate mission,” he writes. “However, a piece of me could see she was in over her head.”

As her soaring popularity proved, her skills lay in firing up a crowd. And, Bailey asserts, she was happy to leave knowledge of the issues to others. As governor she created an editorial team to write op-eds on her behalf, then remained detached from the proc­ess, refusing to study the issues or even familiarize herself with what her advisers turned out in her name. “She wanted credit without caring about even a fundamental understanding,” Bailey writes.

In his fervor, Bailey at first didn’t care that Palin lacked expertise — she had common sense. As she once e-mailed him, “Remember: amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.” But Bailey came to doubt his devotion, particularly after the presidential election defeat when Palin seemed to care little for governing Alaska and far more about cashing in on her celebrity.

“Sarah hadn’t ever really been a full-time governor before being nabbed by McCain,” he writes, recalling that, before the vote, she wrote to him: “Pray that we win so we can all get out of that place.”

Throughout the memoir, as Bailey is sucked into one disagreeable act after another, he reminds the reader of how he failed to uphold his high principles: “I remained cowardly silent,” “I am disappointed in myself” and “I did something monumentally stupid.” All these bent-knee confessions, yet he stayed on to the bitter end — never resigned, never stormed out in disgust. Despite his disappointment with Palin — “the deception, anger, distrust, lies, wasted time, vendettas” — he failed to act, failed to speak out, failed to take a moral stand. Blind allegiance? Or an absence of spine? As the narrator of his own political horror story, Bailey engenders little sympathy.

source

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #373 on: May 25, 2011, 12:26:46 pm »
In his fervor, Bailey at first didn’t care that Palin lacked expertise — she had common sense. As she once e-mailed him, “Remember: amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.”

Yeah, but Titanic actually existed.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2011, 01:49:52 pm »
Stunned to find this thread bumped this morning and this news not being the cause

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2011, 01:55:41 pm »
Stunned to find this thread bumped this morning and this news not being the cause

Oh shit.

Feeding cocaine to the monkey corkboy  ;D

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2011, 02:25:45 pm »

They're calling the movie "The Undefeated"? Seriously? Does she think she won the 2008 election?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2011, 05:15:40 pm »
They're calling the movie "The Undefeated"? Seriously? Does she think she won the 2008 election?

To paraphrase Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda: 'We did not lose Election 2008. It was a tie.'
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2011, 05:24:21 pm »
High schooler challenges Bachmann to debate on U.S. Constitution

By Andy Birkey | 05.13.11 | 8:04 am

Incidentally, this young lady reportedly ended up with a bunch of violent threats for her trouble.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:38 pm »
Incidentally, this young lady reportedly ended up with a bunch of violent threats for her trouble.

Its the American way
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: May 26, 2011, 07:09:13 pm »
Palin's "Exploratory" Campaign, a nationwide bus tour

God fucking damnit. Go away.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #381 on: May 26, 2011, 09:27:11 pm »
Palin's "Exploratory" Campaign, a nationwide bus tour

God fucking damnit. Go away.

She's reconnecting with America in an effort to show them that she is not the vacuous vapid ego pit that they all know and are amused by. The tour starts with a symbolic "Leaving" of Washington DC, a move rich with symbolism, and proceeds north, which can only mean she's coming to see you, Hoya. Excited?

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2011, 09:36:25 pm »
Gonna be busy drinking in a variety of locations this Memorial Day weekend. Don't think I can fit Palin's bus tour into my plans, sadly.

FOX News said they're not changing her status with the network still, so I guess they don't think she's running.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:38:52 pm by jerseyhoya »

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #383 on: May 26, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »
Gonna be busy drinking in a variety of locations this Memorial Day weekend. Don't think I can fit Palin's bus tour into my plans, sadly.

FOX News said they're not changing her status with the network still, so I guess they still don't think she's running.

I still don't think she will. If she has any sense, she'll be doing this to raise her profile as the de facto star of the party. My problem is I now want to say that she's doing so in order to put herself in a position to....and then I peter out. Kingmaker? VP? More money from books and tv? Honestly, I have no clue, largely because I don't expect she does either.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 26, 2011, 10:39:47 pm »
she'll be doing this to raise her profile as the de facto star of the party.

Which party?

:lmao

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2011, 06:37:49 am »
Anyone going to see her on the bus tour

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2011, 10:38:26 am »
Sarah Palin Favored Over Mitt Romney on Social Issues, but Falters on Others
By Jennifer Riley

But the former Alaska governor is not as popular as Romney among Republicans who care more about government spending, the economy, and national security. The new poll, conducted May 20-24, shows that Romney appeals to Republicans across the board while Palin’s support is concentrated only among the party’s social conservatives.

Palin and Romney are the top two leaders of the wide-open 2012 Republican presidential field.

According to Gallup, Palin received 23 percent of the support from Republicans who care most about social issues and moral values, compared to Romney’s 18 percent. But she either had lower or equal support than the former Massachusetts governor on government spending and power (11 percent vs. 17 percent), business and the economy (14 percent v. 16 percent), and national security and foreign policy (18 percent v. 18 percent).

Notably, Republicans who care the most about government spending and power make up the largest part of the GOP, at 36 percent. While social conservatives make up only 15 percent of the party.

“These data suggest that Romney does well among Republicans in all four issue segments, but doesn’t have unusually strong appeal in any,” Gallup analysts commented.

They also noted that Palin, who already appealed to social conservatives, likely further benefited from the departure of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, who recently announced he will not seek the GOP presidential nomination.

Thus far, only Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Tim Pawlenty, Mitt Romney, and Rick Santorum have formally declared or formed an exploratory committee to win the GOP nomination.

Sarah Palin, who has the highest name recognition among those listed in GOP, appears to be flirting with running for president but has yet to make it official. Two recent developments – the release of a new full-length documentary on her, “The Undefeated,” and her national bus tour beginning this weekend – have political pundits speculating whether she will soon announce a presidential bid.

source

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2011, 10:44:14 am »

Should be called "And also too: Electric boogaloo".
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: May 27, 2011, 02:40:42 pm »
Palin received 23 percent of the support from Republicans who care most about social issues and moral values

What moral values?

The unmarried teenage daughter getting pregnant?

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #389 on: May 27, 2011, 02:48:46 pm »
What moral values?

The unmarried teenage daughter getting pregnant?

No, the use of public office for private vendettas.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: May 27, 2011, 02:57:44 pm »
So Mrs Campeador has officially pulled the plug on the property purchase in Scottsdale.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/27/us/27scottsdale.html?_r=1&scp=5&sq=sarah%20palin&st=cse

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2011, 09:49:14 am »
Bus tours? House purchases? Flattering movies? Right-wing Monster Raving Loony Party base?

Looks like one of two things imo:
1. She's running.
2. She's making it look like she will for publicity.

On a WTF! moment note, I heard a guy on BBC this morning saying she was, and I quote, "To smart to run". Broke my lovely china mug when I heard that. I liked that mug.   >:(

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #392 on: May 30, 2011, 01:52:30 pm »
Apparently, the veterans weren't too pleased with her hijacking the show. Anyway, she's getting more criticism, this time from the right.

George Will: Everyone Knows Sarah Palin Should Not Be Trusted With Nuclear Weapons

by Matt Schneider

With Sarah Palin fever sweeping across the media again, persistent Palin critic and conservative commentator George Will clearly was not excited by the speculation surrounding her potential run for President. Donna Brazile, Jonathan Karl and Ed Gillespie joined in on the conversation, yet Will had the most pointed remarks regarding how Palin is a “genius at manipulating” the infinite media attention she receives.

Christiane Amanpour began the segment commenting “no one steals a show like Sarah Palin,” and while Will admits she will have a huge impact on the nomination process if she does decide to run, he still dismisses the idea that she has even the slightest chance of winning. Will suggests Palin’s problem:

“The threshold question, not usually asked, but it’s in everyone’s mind in a presidential election. ‘Should we give this person nuclear weapons?’ And the answer [in Palin's case], answers itself.”

source

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 30, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »
If Palin ever became president, that doomsday clock should be moved up a few minutes.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #394 on: May 30, 2011, 08:14:08 pm »
If Palin ever became president, that doomsday clock should be moved up a few minutes.

She'll be the first President to nuke her own citizens.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 30, 2011, 08:38:54 pm »
She won't win the primaries even if she does run.
It would be handing Obama re-election without even having to try, and surely the Republicans know this.

Corkboy, the fact that article "trust with Nuclear weapons" has to even be written tells you everything you need to know about her.

I for one hope she doesn't make an even greater show of herself by running.
But if she does it'll make the daily show/colbert report even funnier heading into the election cycle, so every cloud ;).
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2011, 09:22:33 pm »

I for one hope she doesn't make an even greater show of herself by running.
But if she does it'll make the daily show/colbert report even funnier heading into the election cycle, so every cloud ;).

I'm sure that's why loads of people are willing her to run, it would be epic

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:06 pm »
I'm sure that's why loads of people are willing her to run, it would be epic

Exactly. It would be lots and lots o' fun.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #398 on: May 30, 2011, 09:55:12 pm »
I suppose living in a world like the one in Fallout would be fun. Life would be brief, eventful, and full of pain and suffering, but it wouldn't be boring.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2011, 11:24:07 pm »
She'll be the first President to nuke her own citizens.

I aint seen her birth certificate yet.