Author Topic: New Managing Director Appointed - Christian Purslow  (Read 70932 times)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Managing Director Appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2009, 08:16:19 am »
Then I'd humbly suggest you get a fucking grip.

Thats me told LOL
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2009, 08:33:22 am »
CV is impressive. A Liverpool fan. Can't be that bad I guess

However most match going fans are fairly apathetic re the current situation - hence the lack of support re any direct action previously.  The few on either side of me don't have any idea about what's discussed on forums like this, and generally don't seem too concerned.

It prob does help that he's a ST holder but many aren't that interested in off the field activity.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2009, 09:12:38 am »
Then I'd humbly suggest you get a fucking grip. Moores was utterly awful, these two cunts are your typical LBO merchants and yet we're in a damn good position to kick on from last season.

As a collective we've shown we don't have the mass of support or the nous to get rid of G&H. Xerxes (yet again) has it right- only non-attendance or mass civil disobedience within the ground will make the slightest difference to the owners. Everything else is just posturing. SOS have tried and failed because there's a huge inertia amongst match going fans. Nothing else can or will succeed. Until you can persuade a large portion of match going fans to abandon the game, you're not going to win. Until then, you're going to have to make a difficult decision- support the team and you implicitly support G&H. Withdraw your support and what the fuck are you going to do?
I see what you are saying although you can support Rafa and the players without supporting or giving credit to our owners.  In terms of boycotting etc you can still support the team all be it without financial input or physical presence at the game.  The time has been and gone for boycotts of the game, i agree with that.  The peak anger has been and gone, untill the next time they do something that takes the piss anway. 

People seem to confuse rafa and the players success with the owners? 

Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline macmanaman

• doo doo dedoo doo
  • Kopite
  • Rafalution
« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2009, 01:12:11 pm »
I just check on this website   http://www.digitallook.com/companyresearch/atoz/LSE_l.htm
and it said on here is Liverpool FC flotation announed, anyone knows what this means ? I am not into finance so i got no idea.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2009, 01:24:47 pm »
I just check on this website   http://www.digitallook.com/companyresearch/atoz/LSE_l.htm
and it said on here is Liverpool FC flotation announed, anyone knows what this means ? I am not into finance so i got no idea.
I think this was mentioned the other day, it says when you click on it that the market is TBA and the share price is N/A.  What would happen if the americans float the club?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2009, 01:26:52 pm »
As a season ticket holder does he sit in one of the stands among normal fans, or has he been sitting in a corporate area as a corporate fan where he entertains clients etc?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: June 25, 2009, 01:52:23 pm »
As a season ticket holder does he sit in one of the stands among normal fans, or has he been sitting in a corporate area as a corporate fan where he entertains clients etc?

- if he was in a box, then that's where he'll have been
- if he's been a guest of the Directors, then he;d have been in the Directors box
- if he'd been in the Executive Club or with one of the sponsors in the Main Stand, he'd have been in the stand itself
- if he'd been in one of the Corporate lounges in the Centenary, he'd have been in the Centenary, presumably upper?

Otherwise, he could have been anywhere in the ground, I guess?
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2009, 01:55:51 pm »
were going to get publicly floated? sounds like tosh.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »
Yea, i emailed that website for more info and or to clear up a mistake.

That being bullshit set aside.  What would happen if we went public?  would that generate vast amounts of cash?  pay off debts?

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2009, 02:04:05 pm »
Yea, i emailed that website for more info and or to clear up a mistake.

That being bullshit set aside.  What would happen if we went public?  would that generate vast amounts of cash?  pay off debts?
They would in effect raise capital for the club (and/or themselves) by selling shares. They may retain some for themsleves and only issue a proportion of the club up for offer to the general public. They would however lose control to a certain degree being answerable to shareholders.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2009, 02:08:38 pm »
They would in effect raise capital for the club (and/or themselves) by selling shares. They may retain some for themsleves and only issue a proportion of the club up for offer to the general public. They would however lose control to a certain degree being answerable to shareholders.
being that, it must be shit.  They would never leave them selvs open to us comming at them.  Unless they think we wont buy up most of the shares?

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2009, 02:14:40 pm »
being that, it must be shit.  They would never leave them selvs open to us comming at them.  Unless they think we wont buy up most of the shares?
They could do it as a way of appeasing us but it does seem highly unlikely.

You can see the PR spin now "The 12th mans chance to own a little bit of LFC and have your say on how the club is run in the future".

It does seem odd though that CP being a mate/associate of Steve Morgan, who openly wanted to go public and raise funds. It could well be there last throw of the dice if no big investor is around, going public brings in many little ones to add up to quite a lot.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2009, 02:20:38 pm »
- if he was in a box, then that's where he'll have been
- if he's been a guest of the Directors, then he;d have been in the Directors box
- if he'd been in the Executive Club or with one of the sponsors in the Main Stand, he'd have been in the stand itself
- if he'd been in one of the Corporate lounges in the Centenary, he'd have been in the Centenary, presumably upper?

Otherwise, he could have been anywhere in the ground, I guess?

Let me rephrase it for you, does anyone know if he has a season ticket like some of the member of RAWK, or a corporate type season ticket type of thing?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I have never looked into a season ticket in any detail.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2009, 09:39:58 pm »

Peeps we are not going to be floated. Theres no broker details, no prospectus etc. They also have to notify the London Stock Exchange and all sorts of other legal stuff. You need a broker and prospectus to show possible investors what they are investing in like when G and h had rothschild do one in search of a buyer in middle east

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2009, 09:34:23 pm »
I am gullible. I take things as posted. Unless it is apparent it is a windup.

What can i say...lol

hahahahaha the I haven't had much sleep excuse to being fished.

wasn't this "And no questions about wools/Irish/Scandis please as you know the answer" a givaway at alll mate?? 

carry on the good work against Cohen though squire.
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2009, 09:54:48 pm »
I think this was mentioned the other day, it says when you click on it that the market is TBA and the share price is N/A.  What would happen if the americans float the club?

It would probably sink in all honesty mate ;)
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2009, 10:47:00 pm »
Peeps we are not going to be floated. Theres no broker details, no prospectus etc. They also have to notify the London Stock Exchange and all sorts of other legal stuff. You need a broker and prospectus to show possible investors what they are investing in like when G and h had rothschild do one in search of a buyer in middle east

Unless it's in the early stages. Might be on AIM not the LSE.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2009, 10:52:51 pm »

They only need over 75% of the shares to be in complete control. They could offer up to 24.99%.

I think they plan to offer it to the fans to quieten us and make a load of money without relinquishing any power whatsoever. Whether the fans go for it is another matter.

I can't see institutional investors, Private Equity firms etc being interested. G&H's record is dodgy to say the least, why would you invest in something over which you had no control, but G&H did. It's a publicity stunt for the fans, and a money grabbing exercise at best if true.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2009, 01:43:41 pm »
Unless it's in the early stages. Might be on AIM not the LSE.

still need a proespectus and theres no broker named.

Offline greatbritton

• Anny Roader
  • As Always, I am Focused on Supporting My Manager
« Reply #259 on: July 6, 2009, 09:57:01 pm »
Weren't the two blokes who sold the club recently Liverpool fans?

Not being funny, but I guess we'll have to wait and see whether he's a Liverpool fan like us who wants to see the club be the best it can be, or whether he's a fan who likes the opportunity to buy more nice, new cars etc.

trust me i believe he would be taing a huge pay cut to come wor for us, he was on the board of a prv equity firm he founded, so he is doing this for the love of liverpool only.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 6, 2009, 10:11:46 pm »
trust me i believe he would be taing a huge pay cut to come wor for us, he was on the board of a prv equity firm he founded, so he is doing this for the love of liverpool only.

I trust your being sarchastic? He will have his motives for taking the job, and dont believe being a fan is one of them. If the link that shows were going to be floated is true (which by no means it definitly is), then that is why he has joined the club, not his life long love affair with out club.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline T-1000

• Legacy Fan
  • "I am focused on training and coaching my team"
« Reply #261 on: July 6, 2009, 11:10:42 pm »
I trust your being sarchastic? He will have his motives for taking the job, and dont believe being a fan is one of them. If the link that shows were going to be floated is true (which by no means it definitly is), then that is why he has joined the club, not his life long love affair with out club.
Ditto. Sounds like one of those clueless "fans" slysports news drag out when they need to rent-a-quote
.....where once we watched the King Kenny play

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #262 on: July 7, 2009, 12:27:07 pm »
Purslow has been appointed to grow the business via a stadium development.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 7, 2009, 12:37:25 pm »
Purslow has been appointed to grow the business via a stadium development.
Isn't his primary role to  obtain funding and investment for the stadium development in order to grow the business, which hypothetically could also involve a flotation?

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2009, 11:54:51 am »
Christian Purslow, the managing director of Liverpool, has defended the club’s spending in this summer’s transfer market.

Purslow denied that Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, has been starved of funds and insisted that net outlay is in keeping with previous years. Liverpool have made two significant signings since June with Alberto Aquilani, the Italy midfield player, and Glen Johnson, the England full back, moving to Anfield for a combined total of about £36 million. In the past week, Sortis Kyrgiakos has also been signed for a fee of £1.5 million from AEK Athens, a bargain basement capture necessitated by continuing injury problems to key defenders.

With Xabi Alonso and Álvaro Arbeloa having joined Real Madrid for fees of £30 million and £3.5 million respectively, Sebastian Leto signing for Panathinaikos for £3 million and several other fringe players departing Anfield, it appears that Benítez has balanced the books at the very least. Purslow, though, is adamant that this is not the case, contending that the Liverpool manager has in fact spent a net £20 million on reshaping his squad.

“We’ve spent pretty much the same as we’ve spent every year over the past four or five years,” said Purslow, who took up his new post at Anfield in June. “We’ve spent about £20 million more than we’ve generated, which is what we expected. We’ve bought players the manager wanted to buy and sold players the manager wanted to sell and it has cost us almost to the penny what we expected it to cost.

“In fact, some of our competitors haven’t spent any money and we have. Spending isn’t the panacea everyone thinks it is, but we’ve spent £20 million and that’s real money. There are lots of costs associated with buying players and extending players that all go into transfer funds
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline Oscar3

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #265 on: August 30, 2009, 03:17:38 pm »
ha,ha!Hes a fucking comedian as well as Managing director then!
sons of men who stand like gods

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #266 on: August 30, 2009, 03:41:46 pm »
Christian Purslow, the managing director of Liverpool, has defended the club’s spending in this summer’s transfer market.

There are lots of costs associated with buying players and extending players that all go into transfer funds

When have you ever heard of a club use extending existing players at the clubs contracts as an excuse for it's lack of activity in the transfer market. We sold Xabi Alonso for £30 million, we sold Robbie Keane for £12 million. We've signed Aquilani for £17 million, I doubt we'd have spent more than £7 million on Johnson than what we got for Crouch. Factor in Arbeloa, Leto and Kyrgiakos.

So we've spent £20 million on signing on fees and increased wages for Agger, Benayoun, Benitez, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres. Over 4 years I can understand but surely that shouldn't be all accounted for in this summers transfer budget.

I smell a rat. Fucking 3 of them.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:45:00 pm by Alf »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 30, 2009, 03:42:39 pm »
Imn not sure whats better, clown or comedian?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2009, 03:56:39 pm »
I smell a rat.

I hear the sqeak of belts beng tightened and the inevitable consequences of having an ownership who cannot afford us.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2009, 04:22:26 pm »
I hear the sqeak of belts beng tightened and the inevitable consequences of having an ownership who cannot afford us.

And what's worse is the new guy is mistakenly thinking he is talking to morons and isn't recognising a mature, intelligent fanbase who have never swallowed tripe like this in the past and won't ever do so.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2009, 04:26:18 pm »
And what's worse is the new guy is mistakenly thinking he is talking to morons and isn't recognising a mature, intelligent fanbase who have never swallowed tripe like this in the past and won't ever do so.

Sorry to barge in here but If we present the facts as we and himself know them then surely they cannot afford to keep feeding us these lines ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2009, 04:46:41 pm »
Sorry to barge in here but If we present the facts as we and himself know them then surely they cannot afford to keep feeding us these lines ?

Which is what we want to do by asking and meeting with him.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2009, 04:50:56 pm »
I know he's banned but I just came into this thread and I saw this.

I know that I am entering a mine field here, but in reality, G&H are making the right moves in the past couple of months ... Signing Rafa and our most influential players on new (improved) contracts, getting rid of Parry and increasing Rafa's competences on the transfer and academy issues, adding experienced professionals to the financial and commercial department, selling their US/Canada based sporting assets with a clear intention on strengthening their financial position at LFC ...

NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
:-X
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2009, 07:54:40 pm »

Fair do's , Good Luck with it.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2009, 09:45:19 pm »

Good man, the sooner the better.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2009, 11:33:08 pm »
I assume that like you the said you will ask for a meeting , he will then request the questions that you will put to him , he'll go off speak to Hicks and Gillett perhaps and come back with ready made answers that dont actually clear anything up or confirm or deny any speculation , in other words we may not be any the wiser !!
And are we going to believe any of the answers he may or may not give ? ?

Offline dmn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06:23 am »
When have you ever heard of a club use extending existing players at the clubs contracts as an excuse for it's lack of activity in the transfer market. We sold Xabi Alonso for £30 million, we sold Robbie Keane for £12 million. We've signed Aquilani for £17 million, I doubt we'd have spent more than £7 million on Johnson than what we got for Crouch. Factor in Arbeloa, Leto and Kyrgiakos.

So we've spent £20 million on signing on fees and increased wages for Agger, Benayoun, Benitez, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres. Over 4 years I can understand but surely that shouldn't be all accounted for in this summers transfer budget.

I smell a rat. Fucking 3 of them.
I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. It's annoying with ppl like you just ranting without understanding facts.

For a starter, you pay tax on selling players. So that's a whole bunch of millions gone there.
Second, for each of these renewed contracts, you'll have to add a one time sign-on bonus of surely at least 1M per player.
Third, it's insane how ppl on the boards try to claim that we've sold Crouch twice. The outstanding 10Mish from Crouch was already accounted for. The full 17M fee for Johnson has to be included.
Fourth, you have to consider the sign-on fees and payments to agents, which for the Aqu and Johnson deals are bound to be considerable. Probably in the region of 2-3M per player.
Fifth, we probably had to hand Keane a chunk of money to leave.

There's no doubt what so ever that we have a net spending of 20M when everything is included.
Our spendings are probably about 50M, and we won't have more than 30M left of sales after taxes and other expenses.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: August 31, 2009, 12:23:17 am »
He's got the spin down pretty well.  *Poof* 20mil?  What 20mil?  Oh, that was what Gerrard's agent demanded...yeah...that's it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #278 on: August 31, 2009, 12:26:49 am »
I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. It's annoying with ppl like you just ranting without understanding facts.

For a starter, you pay tax on selling players. So that's a whole bunch of millions gone there.
Second, for each of these renewed contracts, you'll have to add a one time sign-on bonus of surely at least 1M per player.
Third, it's insane how ppl on the boards try to claim that we've sold Crouch twice. The outstanding 10Mish from Crouch was already accounted for. The full 17M fee for Johnson has to be included.
Fourth, you have to consider the sign-on fees and payments to agents, which for the Aqu and Johnson deals are bound to be considerable. Probably in the region of 2-3M per player.
Fifth, we probably had to hand Keane a chunk of money to leave.

There's no doubt what so ever that we have a net spending of 20M when everything is included.
Our spendings are probably about 50M, and we won't have more than 30M left of sales after taxes and other expenses.

I'm sorry but it's annoying that people like you using text speak. I mentioned signing on fees and where has anybody said we've sold Crouch twice?

My point remains when have you ever heard of a club use extending existing players at the clubs contracts as an excuse for it's lack of activity in the transfer market?

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
  • 31/1/59 Sunderland 3-1 Wheeler Bimpson Morris
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:56 am »
[quote
My point remains when have you ever heard of a club use extending existing players at the clubs contracts as an excuse for it's lack of activity in the transfer market?
[/quote]

Never.
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."