Author Topic: New Managing Director Appointed - Christian Purslow  (Read 70813 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: New Managing Director Appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2009, 03:07:00 pm »

It was suggested today that Staveley has applied for CEO job or been asked to apply or something along those lines.

Looks coffeehead can go back to his old pic!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2009, 03:27:34 pm »
No one knows nothing about this guy, they have been looking for this communications post for a bit, Barwick was tipped to get it.  Looks like they have done it without interview and head hunted their man, apparantly he has been a guest in the directors box last seaon, if anyone cares to do a pic search.

I dont think thats true.  Furslow has been well known at the club for absolutely ages.  He was a massive mate of Steve Morgan and been Hick's ally for some time. 

I think a few months ago there was a whole load of speculation about an Arab looking guy at the match one night, when it was actually Furslow.  I think I posted to that effect at the time but I'm fucked if I know how to retrieve the post.

He is definitely not unknown to the club.

And for once I think xerxes is wrong.  I think he IS appointed to sell (or at least try to sell) the club.  The loan is all but done and dusted so he wont need to do much work, if any, on that, and certainly not enough to justify an appointment.  So it can only be to attempt to hasten the sale.  Which fits in with what Hicks is reported to have told Merrills.

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2009, 03:34:22 pm »
I dont think thats true.  Furslow has been well known at the club for absolutely ages.  He was a massive mate of Steve Morgan and been Hick's ally for some time. 

I think a few months ago there was a whole load of speculation about an Arab looking guy at the match one night, when it was actually Furslow.  I think I posted to that effect at the time but I'm fucked if I know how to retrieve the post.

And for once I think xerxes is wrong.  I think he IS appointed to sell (or at least try to sell) the club.  The loan is all but done and dusted so he wont need to do much work, if any, on that, and certainly not enough to justify an appointment.  So it can only be to attempt to hasten the sale.  Which fits in with what Hicks is reported to have told Merrills.

WL, see the above from Vanoord, shows your quote there.

I think I am more inclined to agree with you on this

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2009, 03:51:11 pm »

Apologies WR, I put WL instead..............

What has Hicks reported to have told ML, is this new news?

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2009, 03:54:55 pm »
Apologies WR, I put WL instead..............

What has Hicks reported to have told ML, is this new news?

Its not really news.  Allegedly he has told ML that he is unhappy with their efforts to find a buyer so far and wants them to step it up faster.

Its long been the case, contrary to waht many believe here, thats its a lack of buyers not intransigence on G&H's part, that is preventing a sale of teh club.  They are very keen to sell and have been for some time.

The problem is that they arent going to sell for a price that leaves them out of pocket; and they are finding it impossible to find buyers willing to pay a price that makes sense to them.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2009, 04:15:32 pm »
Its not really news.  Allegedly he has told ML that he is unhappy with their efforts to find a buyer so far and wants them to step it up faster.

Its long been the case, contrary to waht many believe here, thats its a lack of buyers not intransigence on G&H's part, that is preventing a sale of teh club.  They are very keen to sell and have been for some time.

The problem is that they arent going to sell for a price that leaves them out of pocket; and they are finding it impossible to find buyers willing to pay a price that makes sense to them.

So basically they can't afford to keep us and they can't afford to sell us?

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2009, 04:21:19 pm »

I also think he has been brought in to hasten/try sale of the club.

He is no doubt of a very high calibre but he is obviously used to salaries in the high £ms rather than high £ks, and with other commitments he has, this would not be a full time, long term role, one would assume?

That plus the fact it was out of the blue announcement, seems to me there is logic somewhere to this, but piecing that logic together with the PR to date, doesn't make sense to me.

Or I am getting to cynical.

Offline TONYMAN

• Main Stander
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2009, 04:44:19 pm »

This is the correct answer and staveley is  not in the frame for anything either

Offline TONYMAN

• Main Stander
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2009, 04:47:49 pm »
Walton Red you are completeley right mate he is very well known and has been as I said earlier doing things in the background for a while
Not so sure about the sale bit though at this present time im afraid

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2009, 05:14:15 pm »

Didnt somebody on rawk post pictures of Purslow a few months ago and he had been advising Hicks.

I guess Hicks suddenly shipped the lad onto the board and tried to make him look squeeky clean by highlighting he was a local lad and lifelong lfc supporter lol

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2009, 05:16:32 pm »
I also think he has been brought in to hasten/try sale of the club.

He is no doubt of a very high calibre but he is obviously used to salaries in the high £ms rather than high £ks, and with other commitments he has, this would not be a full time, long term role, one would assume?

That plus the fact it was out of the blue announcement, seems to me there is logic somewhere to this, but piecing that logic together with the PR to date, doesn't make sense to me.

Or I am getting to cynical.

LFC could not pay him enough to even want to get out of bed. The lad formed midocean partners and the company it was before the name change. He has his hands in more pies than Paul Daniels in Magic hats.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2009, 05:25:39 pm »
Didnt somebody on rawk post pictures of Purslow a few months ago and he had been advising Hicks.

I guess Hicks suddenly shipped the lad onto the board and tried to make him look squeeky clean by highlighting he was a local lad and lifelong lfc supporter lol

Quite so, Maj. Just found it. It was WaltonRed stated this on April 24, 2009:

=================================================================

What a weird thread.  Been away for a couple of days after Arsenal match and come back to this!!

Few facts might be of interest.

1.  the chap Hicks was showing round was neither an Arab, nor from RBS.  He is called Christian F(P)urslow and he is well known around the club as he was previously close to Steve Morgan and is now advising Hicks.  He works for a Hedge Fund in London (I think Mid Ocean if I recall correctly).  He has been advising Hicks for some time on capital matters.

2.  Gillet however was with an Arab client but I have no idea who that person was.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=239905.msg5656282#msg5656282
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2009, 05:36:15 pm »
Quite so, Maj. Just found it. It was WaltonRed stated this on April 24, 2009:

=================================================================

What a weird thread.  Been away for a couple of days after Arsenal match and come back to this!!

Few facts might be of interest.

1.  the chap Hicks was showing round was neither an Arab, nor from RBS.  He is called Christian F(P)urslow and he is well known around the club as he was previously close to Steve Morgan and is now advising Hicks.  He works for a Hedge Fund in London (I think Mid Ocean if I recall correctly).  He has been advising Hicks for some time on capital matters.

2.  Gillet however was with an Arab client but I have no idea who that person was.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=239905.msg5656282#msg5656282

Steve Morgan the cockroach who said he was happy to have a divorce from LFC when he bought Wolves. Purslow mixes with the right people doesnt he lol

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2009, 05:41:17 pm »
Arnt Hedge Funds sorting out Hicks bad loan in the States?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2009, 05:46:53 pm »

I just hope it aint one Hicks set up, because his went down the pan a while ago Lyndsey. Hicksy boy is desperate big time. Nobody in america wants to be minority investor and pay over the odds for his shitty teams in america.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2009, 05:52:03 pm »

Haven't heard that Lynds, but if true I guess they will be the only ones who are likely to give him a loan; but there will be a very heavy price to pay. In fact I do recall he approached hedge fund banks last year but then they declined doing business with him.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »
As mentioned above, the April sighting doesn't rule out Purslow being introduced to Hicks on the recommendations of someone at RBS; we've been doing business with them for a couple of years and the refinancing hasn't just crept up on us - it is a 6 month extension, dating back to January. RBS may have suggested to G&H that the club needed more effective day to day direction, with them being in the US (and incompetent) and Parry being incompetent. As above, whether his remit is to sell, to manage investment, the stadium, or just better day to day management, it must be an improvement on what we have.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2009, 06:36:09 pm »
As above, whether his remit is to sell, to manage investment, the stadium, or just better day to day management, it must be an improvement on what we have.

What's he like at defensive midfield?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2009, 09:59:35 pm »
Since this is the thread with all the sane rawk posters I will post some good financial info from the cat off the echo forum.

Apparently (according to the rumours currently doing the rounds in the City) H&G will have six weeks before they must start to invest their own money.
Overall, they will have six months in which to reduce the debt to less than £250 million. If they fail to achieve this milestone the facility will be withdrawn. After that, assuming H&G comply, it will continue pretty much as a revolving demand facility with a reducing balance.

RBS have not placed any conditions or requirements on H&G to find additional investment for a new stadium.

H&G have not formally accepted the terms yet - I think they will delay as long as possible as this will give them a little extra time to raise the capital. (My money is on or about 10 July!)

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2009, 10:00:43 pm »
Haven't heard that Lynds, but if true I guess they will be the only ones who are likely to give him a loan; but there will be a very heavy price to pay. In fact I do recall he approached hedge fund banks last year but then they declined doing business with him.

check my email mate. tried to phone you but it was off

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2009, 10:10:26 pm »
Since this is the thread with all the sane rawk posters

Don't know about that Maj the yanks drive me up the bleeding wall  ;D

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2009, 10:16:39 pm »
Steve Groundshare Morgan the cockroach

Fixed it for you Maj  :wave

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2009, 10:22:26 pm »
The issue is that the kind of people Purslow mixes with are probably no better then G&H.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2009, 10:32:58 pm »
Fixed it for you Maj  :wave

Thank You :-)

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2009, 10:34:19 pm »
The issue is that the kind of people Purslow mixes with are probably no better then G&H.

You could be right

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2009, 10:37:28 pm »
Since this is the thread with all the sane rawk posters I will post some good financial info from the cat off the echo forum.

Apparently (according to the rumours currently doing the rounds in the City) H&G will have six weeks before they must start to invest their own money.
Overall, they will have six months in which to reduce the debt to less than £250 million. If they fail to achieve this milestone the facility will be withdrawn. After that, assuming H&G comply, it will continue pretty much as a revolving demand facility with a reducing balance.

RBS have not placed any conditions or requirements on H&G to find additional investment for a new stadium.

H&G have not formally accepted the terms yet - I think they will delay as long as possible as this will give them a little extra time to raise the capital. (My money is on or about 10 July!)

Is that from schrodingers cat maj?

If true, interesting to see what pans out over the next few weeks

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2009, 10:40:59 pm »
Don't know about that Maj the yanks drive me up the bleeding wall  ;D

Know how you feel Lyndsey, it/they consume your life. Try so hard not to read each day, but keep coming back on, and like most of us, sometimes work just gets in the way, and have a bloody company to try and run.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2009, 10:50:08 pm »
Is that from schrodingers cat maj?

If true, interesting to see what pans out over the next few weeks

Its from him and I am popping you over a email from the guy in the bank lol

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2009, 10:00:47 am »
The CP appointment and everything else we're hearing ties in with rumours swirling around here for a few months. Sounds as if RBS is informally running the club, no? At least pulling the important strings.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2009, 10:19:52 am »
This was just posted on the echo forum.........

The Road End has learned that Franklin Andrews Kramer & Edelstein, a small US company who specialise in "raising businesses' profiles" has been employed by Tom Hicks' legal team in preparation for the impending sale of Liverpool FC. Their brief is to maximise the sale and they have representatives meeting with various interested parties in the Middle East from today onwards.

The firm, notorious in financial circles for illicit ramping on share message boards and massaging accounts to make a saleable business look more profitable, have strong links to the incoming chief executive, Christian Purslow. Franklin's are widely regarded as unscrupulous and unethical, but skirt just this side of legality as seen here.

With the RBS refinance agreed and key personnel tied down to lengthy contracts, including critically the manager Rafael Benitez, the club has now acquired the air of stability required for the Middle Eastern consortium to finally put together a bid for the club. It's worrying that LFC are associated with such a company as Franklin Andrews Kramer & Edelstein, but the company are only usually engaged in the final stages of a sale to maximise the price. With the sale likely to be concluded by the weekend and substantial funds made immediately available for transfers, fans worried about the direction of the club under Hicks and Gillett and the rumours swirling around Alonso, Mascherano and Torres can now sleep easily and look forward to a thrilling summer.

Offline nm83

• Kopite
  • Minister of Sarcasm
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2009, 10:20:04 am »
The CP appointment and everything else we're hearing ties in with rumours swirling around here for a few months. Sounds as if RBS is informally running the club, no? At least pulling the important strings.
that was one of my thoughts.  if it's a temporary appointment, they didn't get refinance as they couldn't offer sufficient collateral, and since it would be a disaster for RBS to put us into administration, this could be the front to stop that happening.
YNWA

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2009, 10:26:45 am »

Franklin Andrews Kramer & Edelstein

::)
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2009, 10:30:19 am »
::)
haha, your the rainman, ill have my £10 now.
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline 11 friends

• Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2009, 10:31:29 am »

The Road End has learned that Franklin Andrews Kramer & Edelstein, a small US company who specialise in "raising businesses' profiles" has been employed by Tom Hicks' legal team in preparation for the impending sale of Liverpool FC. Their brief is to maximise the sale and they have representatives meeting with various interested parties in the Middle East from today onwards.

The firm, notorious in financial circles for illicit ramping on share message boards and massaging accounts to make a saleable business look more profitable, have strong links to the incoming chief executive, Christian Purslow. Franklin's are widely regarded as unscrupulous and unethical, but skirt just this side of legality as seen here.

With the RBS refinance agreed and key personnel tied down to lengthy contracts, including critically the manager Rafael Benitez, the club has now acquired the air of stability required for the Middle Eastern consortium to finally put together a bid for the club. It's worrying that LFC are associated with such a company as Franklin Andrews Kramer & Edelstein, but the company are only usually engaged in the final stages of a sale to maximise the price. With the sale likely to be concluded by the weekend and substantial funds made immediately available for transfers, fans worried about the direction of the club under Hicks and Gillett and the rumours swirling around Alonso, Mascherano and Torres can now sleep easily and look forward to a thrilling summer.

Do the initials F.A.K.E ring a bell ?

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2009, 10:34:57 am »
Nice one einstein

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2009, 10:46:54 am »
Suppose we should do a Moores and Parry and google the company. no?

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2009, 10:50:16 am »
you may find there is such a company..................not saying its associated with LFC but google

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2009, 10:50:18 am »
Suppose we should do a Moores and Parry and google the company. no?

Could do but it seems like a prank. Original post was in another thread on here according to the guy on the echo

Offline Funkster

• Main Stander
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley