Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1053219 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Game of Thrones - The TV Show; Spoilers are Coming
« Reply #9200 on: December 10, 2016, 07:46:40 am »
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pass_muster
;D Nah, i'll say pass the mustard on this one. I could also go 'pat mustard' as an alternative.
We'll go 'cut the mustard' aswell, unless it's 'cut mustar' is it??  :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:50:26 am by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9201 on: December 10, 2016, 07:51:02 am »
Oh Brilliant. Thread will be populated by 'experts' now commenting on his form and delivery. Meticulously studying his every move. He'll have to be Brando, Pacino and Hopkins rolled into one to pass the mustard on this one. Of course all opinions should be heard and respected. Lets just hope none of the 'experts' are of the opinion that your opinion is less than theirs unless of course you've actually worked on set. ''Erm...your opinion is not as valid as mine because i've been part of that world, once upon a time i worked on set of the darling buds of may fluffing Ma Larkins arse pillow''. Should be fun

If it's any consolation I wouldn't know what he looked like if I fell over him so I'll haven no opinion on his performance.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9202 on: December 10, 2016, 07:52:18 am »
I'm sure I heard mentioned a few weeks ago that Jim Broadbent has joined the cast.

I imagine he will be the head of the library where Sam is or something like that.

Or maybe the mad king if they show more detailed flash backs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:58:14 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9203 on: December 10, 2016, 07:53:33 am »
If it's any consolation I wouldn't know what he looked like if I fell over him so I'll haven no opinion on his performance.
You'd wanna know. He's a ginger bearded god, much like our own Kerrykop.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:58:26 am by Lawnmowerman »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9204 on: January 14, 2017, 08:39:38 pm »
For all these years I've avoided it and didn't really see what all the fuss was about.

I just finished watching all 6 seasons and did so in two weeks. It's the best show ever to be shown on television.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9205 on: January 14, 2017, 08:52:21 pm »
For all these years I've avoided it and didn't really see what all the fuss was about.

I just finished watching all 6 seasons and did so in two weeks. It's the best show ever to be shown on television.

And now you're on the slow path with the rest of us :P
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9206 on: January 14, 2017, 08:53:37 pm »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9207 on: January 15, 2017, 01:11:56 am »

Binge watching is great. The problem now is waiting six months for the next season. Watch Vikings in the mean time if you haven't.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #9208 on: January 15, 2017, 03:50:12 am »

You lucky bastard

“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9210 on: January 16, 2017, 02:18:05 am »
Binge watching is great. The problem now is waiting six months for the next season. Watch Vikings in the mean time if you haven't.

Yeah, after I watched that last episode I didn't know what to do with myself. ;D

Thanks  for the tip, I'll definitely check vikings out.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9211 on: January 16, 2017, 02:43:11 am »
Yeah, after I watched that last episode I didn't know what to do with myself. ;D

Thanks  for the tip, I'll definitely check vikings out.

Don't give up on it, the first episode or so is slow, but it's worth it, you won't regret it. You got 4 and a half seasons to watch so you got stuff to catch up to. And then when you're caught up, watch Taboo. Haha

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9212 on: January 16, 2017, 03:07:54 am »
Sounds like I should of stuck with vikings, I quit after half a show might have to revisit
choose Life.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9213 on: January 16, 2017, 03:09:14 am »
Sounds like I should of stuck with vikings, I quit after half a show might have to revisit

I didn't like it very much for the first two episodes, but I kept going and it was worth doing so mate.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9214 on: January 16, 2017, 03:39:13 am »
It's on the list :)
choose Life.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9215 on: January 17, 2017, 01:04:16 am »

The superb Alt Shift X has a new Game Of Thrones video out - 'Aegon’s Conquest: how did Daenerys' ancestors take Westeros?' (and how Dany could learn from it):-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I1jTJ9sYeA
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:23:06 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #9216 on: January 17, 2017, 08:52:06 am »

I literally did exactly the same thing. I never thought i'd say this but it ties with the Sopranos for me as the greatest tv show ever. Magnificent.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9217 on: January 17, 2017, 08:55:47 am »
I love game of thrones but not having a show with the line "you want the good girl, but you need the bad pussy" being tied with the Sopranos!!
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9218 on: January 17, 2017, 10:45:15 am »
I literally did exactly the same thing. I never thought i'd say this but it ties with the Sopranos for me as the greatest tv show ever. Magnificent.

Nah.

Its much more 'epic' in terms of special effects and big battles and stuff, but the characterization and plots aren't even in the same stratosphere as Sopranos.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9219 on: January 19, 2017, 03:44:59 pm »
I love game of thrones but not having a show with the line "you want the good girl, but you need the bad pussy" being tied with the Sopranos!!
I love both shows but it is always easier to make a show, I presume, that has a very small scale all things considered. Same with Oz really, which I also loved. It's like a smallish closed system, everything goes on in there, and you should be fine. So Sopranos, in many ways, isn't any different to many of your family shows where there are 5-6 major characters and another 10 side characters.

To borrow Lobo's phrase, GoT is on another stratosphere in terms of complexity and scale. So let's give the directors of GoT a bit of credit, people who made Sopranos would have struggled with GoT like universe, too. And I did criticize GoT myself for being choppy at times, like 2 minutes of Arya, 4 minutes of Sansa, 6 minutes of Joffrey etc. But I realize that the makers have to push all those lines forward.

Sopranos? There is just one storyline that occasionally becomes 2-3 and then comes back to being one.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9220 on: January 19, 2017, 05:02:04 pm »
I love both shows but it is always easier to make a show, I presume, that has a very small scale all things considered. Same with Oz really, which I also loved. It's like a smallish closed system, everything goes on in there, and you should be fine. So Sopranos, in many ways, isn't any different to many of your family shows where there are 5-6 major characters and another 10 side characters.

To borrow Lobo's phrase, GoT is on another stratosphere in terms of complexity and scale. So let's give the directors of GoT a bit of credit, people who made Sopranos would have struggled with GoT like universe, too. And I did criticize GoT myself for being choppy at times, like 2 minutes of Arya, 4 minutes of Sansa, 6 minutes of Joffrey etc. But I realize that the makers have to push all those lines forward.

Sopranos? There is just one storyline that occasionally becomes 2-3 and then comes back to being one.

You don't think the guys behind the Sopranos could have read those books and made a show out of it? I'm pretty sure they could have.

I like GOT but it's in that step below the very best shows for me. Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9221 on: January 19, 2017, 11:13:18 pm »
You don't think the guys behind the Sopranos could have read those books and made a show out of it? I'm pretty sure they could have.

I like GOT but it's in that step below the very best shows for me. Nothing wrong with that.
The question is, what show would they have gotten out of the book? Would it be better than the current GoT? Again, I love Sopranos, but it is about 5 characters you have to keep in your mind and deal with them. Whereas GoT is a show based on books (you have to stay true to the books to keep the author and viewers happy). Sopranos could be molded different ways. The direct comparison of GoT and Sopranos, therefore, is a bit off for me.

Almost every show that has too many moving parts tend to suffer. Westworld was a good show but again, they created a big world with too many characters (still pales in comparison with GoT), and you could see that some of the storylines were much weaker than others. I thought Maeve scenes were all meh in the end.

Sopranos never had to deal with such issues. It was Soprano family+4 other people. A very compact show in which you can focus on the quality of all parts, lines of each specific characters. GoT had 100s of storylines, and you naturally get drop in quality in some of those storylines like those terrible fight scenes involving sand snakes or whatever those girls are named. And you also get "you want the good girl, but you need the bad pussy".

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #9222 on: February 26, 2017, 04:01:57 pm »
Game Of Thrones star and 'Britain's tallest man' Neil Fingleton dies aged 36

Game Of Thrones star Neil Fingleton has died at the age of 36, it has been reported.

Once named as Britain's tallest man, the 7'7" star played Mag The Mighty in the fantasy series and also took on roles in X-Men: First Class and Jupiter Ascending.

According to reports, he passed away following heart failure on Saturday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/26/game-thrones-star-britains-tallest-man-neil-fingleton-dies-aged/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9223 on: March 2, 2017, 12:28:45 am »

Alt Shift X's “The North Remembers”: is there a Grand Northern Conspiracy? video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYb4gk308M

and their 'GOT: Seasons 1-6 in 5 minutes' video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOdbnbQ5n3Y
« Last Edit: March 2, 2017, 12:50:08 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #9224 on: March 2, 2017, 01:35:18 am »
Alt Shift X's “The North Remembers”: is there a Grand Northern Conspiracy? video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYb4gk308M

Further expanded version here, with book spoilers for people who care.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/05/09/game-of-thrones-theorycrafting-the-grand-northern-conspiracy/

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9225 on: March 9, 2017, 08:32:55 pm »
Did we have the date before?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YW9bkHU4HSc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YW9bkHU4HSc</a>
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9226 on: March 9, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »
Are we there yet   :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9227 on: March 9, 2017, 09:36:06 pm »
Getting my three eyed raven tattoo finished tomorrow. From now until July is going to be a long wait once the trailers start in earnest.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #9228 on: March 10, 2017, 10:44:23 am »
Winter has come in the middle of summer.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #9229 on: March 10, 2017, 01:52:49 pm »
It's not back til July? Fucks sake

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9230 on: March 10, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »
It's not back til July? Fucks sake
They filmed later so they could do it during winter.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9231 on: March 10, 2017, 04:15:06 pm »
But winter never comes in Ireland. It's always...well, it's hard to tell.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #9232 on: March 11, 2017, 10:26:53 am »
But winter never comes in Ireland. It's always...well, it's hard to tell.

Α chilly Autumn?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #9233 on: March 11, 2017, 02:13:20 pm »
Higher quality, very well done I thought :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qq0B0NVKghA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qq0B0NVKghA</a>
:D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9234 on: March 11, 2017, 04:59:46 pm »
It's going to be strange watching Game of Thrones in July.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9235 on: March 13, 2017, 01:59:50 pm »
Benioff said the whole series is going to be 73 episodes, and season 8 will be 6 episodes, which I believe makes season 7 a short 7 episodes.

All this time, just to see dragons fight zombies.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9236 on: March 13, 2017, 03:24:58 pm »
Benioff said the whole series is going to be 73 episodes

At last, we can see all the details they've missed out so far ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Omygoditsomar

• Main Stander
« Reply #9237 on: March 13, 2017, 04:42:46 pm »
As Herrera would bravely say it's just a scratch

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter