Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1055305 times)

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Re: Mr Blessed & Mrs Barney say "NO Discussion of the Chains!" Game of Thrones
« Reply #11600 on: April 1, 2019, 10:56:55 pm »
You know..... I've never watched any of 'Game of Thrones'  ::)
heard lots of people going on about it, just never really got on it...
should i dive in at the beginning & give it a go ?   ... 7 seasons i think.. quite a bit to view.  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11601 on: April 1, 2019, 11:00:23 pm »
should i dive in at the beginning & give it a go ?   ... 7 seasons i think.. quite a bit to view.  :wave

Definitely worth a watch hix & you should start at the beginning,67 episodes for you to binge.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11602 on: April 1, 2019, 11:03:34 pm »

Definitely worth a watch hix & you should start at the beginning,67 episodes for you to binge.

Totally agree. And you do have start with episode one. Also, binging it will probably be more enjoyable and you can skate right past the less popular episodes. Not that I think it got nearly as bad as many did ;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #11603 on: April 2, 2019, 01:37:17 am »

Inside Game of Thrones: A Story in Visual Effects – BTS (HBO)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GxWq-cr1c2Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GxWq-cr1c2Q</a>

A couple of new and short promo TV Spots for Season 8 of Game Of Thrones are up on the official Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/GameofThrones/videos
« Last Edit: April 2, 2019, 01:46:01 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11604 on: April 2, 2019, 07:49:45 am »
Patrol on the top of the wall of wherever they’re stationed no?

Yeah, at The Wall, I agree. But what about the time we first encountered them north of The Wall at the very end of season 2 (I think) when Sam hid and the others ran away? Who saw them coming then, and why didn't they run away shitting it as well?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11605 on: April 2, 2019, 02:51:20 pm »
Yeah, at The Wall, I agree. But what about the time we first encountered them north of The Wall at the very end of season 2 (I think) when Sam hid and the others ran away? Who saw them coming then, and why didn't they run away shitting it as well?

In the book they have a perimeter set up... but in all honesty no idea :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #11607 on: April 2, 2019, 06:49:00 pm »

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/1113093735888379904

Love that - nice one. Embedded here:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vwmAWOE5F9o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vwmAWOE5F9o</a>

A few new promo pictures for season 8 - http://watchersonthewall.com/dozen-season-8-promo-photos-winterfell-arrival-enthroned-cersei/

and this poster too...

« Last Edit: April 2, 2019, 06:54:11 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #11608 on: April 2, 2019, 10:18:13 pm »

67....  :o
sweet jesus...  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11609 on: April 3, 2019, 02:33:12 am »
67....  :o
sweet jesus...  ;D
Not sure the opinion of someone you don't know will count for much, but just to echo everyone else.. there is a reason this final upcoming season is one of the most anticipated & talked about seasons of a tv show ever.

Currently rewatching the entire thing for the 2nd time.. it really is amazing.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #11610 on: April 3, 2019, 08:14:48 am »

My wife and I started watching it a few years ago and gave up after about 4 episodes because I can`t be doing with "fantasy shite". However, when everyone was banging on about it we decided to give it a go again.......we lost our lives for about a month !!  It is epic mate.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11611 on: April 3, 2019, 08:15:31 am »
Not sure the opinion of someone you don't know will count for much, but just to echo everyone else.. there is a reason this final upcoming season is one of the most anticipated & talked about seasons of a tv show ever.

Currently rewatching the entire thing for the 2nd time.. it really is amazing.

I rewatched the first 6 series before series 7. Definitely got it more second time round and was just as enjoyable as watching it the first time. I started to watch series 7 again a few weeks ago. Intending to do 1 episode a week until series 8 starts. I had it finished in 3 nights  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #11612 on: April 3, 2019, 08:22:28 am »
I rewatched the first 6 series before series 7. Definitely got it more second time round and was just as enjoyable as watching it the first time. I started to watch series 7 again a few weeks ago. Intending to do 1 episode a week until series 8 starts. I had it finished in 3 nights  ;D

Exactly what we did. Needed to remind myself of certain plot lines
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11613 on: April 3, 2019, 08:29:50 am »

I did the exact same with season 7, plowed through it across two evenings after hoping to finish it around the time season 8 starts. I might just go back and watch them all again.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11614 on: April 3, 2019, 01:00:53 pm »

I did exactly the same.It's amazing how much plot you miss when watching the first time round.

I wondered what had happened to Gendry and lo and behold he turned up in episode 5 of the last series with a very effective warhammer.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11615 on: April 4, 2019, 03:09:51 am »
I rewatched the first 6 series before series 7. Definitely got it more second time round and was just as enjoyable as watching it the first time.
Did the exact same thing.. seems a lot of other did too ;D Yeah you pick up on so much you overlooked/ missed the first time around.
Now I'm doing it all again before season 8.

Definitely see it as one of the few shows I could see myself rewatching again in the future too, many years from now... especially if it sticks it's landing (I'm certain it will).

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11616 on: April 4, 2019, 03:18:49 am »
I watched 7 again recently myself, and it’s brilliant.

But you can tell no new ones are out yet, people aren’t shitting on this week after week ;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11617 on: April 4, 2019, 08:35:24 am »
I found in rewatching it the storylines started to join together in a more logical way. It's a challenge if you haven't read the books. But you suddenly become aware of the parallel between certain characters such as Dany and Jon Snow. You  see the similarities their stories have.

I love the fantasy aspect of the show though. The mix of different legends really makes it something different.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11618 on: April 4, 2019, 05:40:16 pm »
I've always regarded it as I, Claudius mixed with Lord of the Rings. Watch the first series. If you're not hooked by the end of that, you'll never be.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #11619 on: April 5, 2019, 11:48:59 am »
I have absolutely no idea who that is. Genuinely..

All he ever fucking said was 'Hodor!'

Even if you didn't know his name, I can't believe you didn't nickname him "the fella that just says 'Hodor'"

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #11620 on: April 5, 2019, 03:02:58 pm »
I found in rewatching it the storylines started to join together in a more logical way. It's a challenge if you haven't read the books. But you suddenly become aware of the parallel between certain characters such as Dany and Jon Snow. You  see the similarities their stories have.

I love the fantasy aspect of the show though. The mix of different legends really makes it something different.

I agree, usually with a successful TV series there is always 1 or 2 side characters who you would love to find out more about (think Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad), but in Game of Thrones it literally feels like they could write a sub-series on so many of the characters. Truly amazing show!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11621 on: April 5, 2019, 03:05:13 pm »
All he ever fucking said was 'Hodor!'

Even if you didn't know his name, I can't believe you didn't nickname him "the fella that just says 'Hodor'"

;D  Give him some credit,he knows all the female characters "The Blonde chick with the tits & the Brunette chick with the tits etc,etc"  ;)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11622 on: April 5, 2019, 03:16:57 pm »
Started watching this a couple weekends ago, so far my partner and i have binged watched into season 5  ;D - I'm actually really pleased i had put it off for this long, as we've had the luxury of smashing through season after season evening after evening after work.

Thoroughly enjoying it all.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11623 on: April 5, 2019, 03:26:01 pm »
Started watching this a couple weekends ago, so far my partner and i have binged watched into season 5  ;D - I'm actually really pleased i had put it off for this long, as we've had the luxury of smashing through season after season evening after evening after work.

Thoroughly enjoying it all.

I waited until season 5 was just about to begin.  Had never seen it.  Then got hooked - watched 4 seasons in a few days.....since then have experienced the pain of waiting over a year after every season has finished for the next  ;D

I'm very jealous of your situation!

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #11624 on: April 6, 2019, 01:58:00 am »
Just being re-watching it from the beginning.

Strange when the young Cersei visited the witch and asked questions about her future and one was she would be Queen for a while but will be brought down by a younger prettier woman. I wonder if that will happen to her in the end maybe Sansa. 
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11625 on: April 6, 2019, 06:05:14 am »
Just being re-watching it from the beginning.

Strange when the young Cersei visited the witch and asked questions about her future and one was she would be Queen for a while but will be brought down by a younger prettier woman. I wonder if that will happen to her in the end maybe Sansa. 
Obviously it's Dani.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11626 on: April 6, 2019, 05:15:06 pm »
I thought it was Marjory. She was Queen when Robert was King, then Marjory wafted in and took two of her sons...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11627 on: April 6, 2019, 06:56:24 pm »
I thought it was Marjory. She was Queen when Robert was King, then Marjory wafted in and took two of her sons...
Marjory?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11630 on: April 6, 2019, 08:38:25 pm »
Obviously it's Dani.

Definitely Dany.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11631 on: April 6, 2019, 11:02:18 pm »
Whoever the Night King's missus is

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11632 on: April 6, 2019, 11:36:12 pm »
Marjory?

Marjory. She wafted in, brought Joffrey to heel by buying him a crossbow, then her Nan murdered him with a poisoned pie, so she wafted back in, gave his younger brother Tommen a pussy (Ser Pounce), and brought him to heel an all. Then a load of religious nut jobs appeared.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11633 on: April 6, 2019, 11:39:17 pm »
Btw our eldest just got through Battle of the Bastards. In the episode before it, when Jaime is talking to Edmuir, there’s a fair bit of foreshadowing I think. Sansa will outlive them all.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11634 on: April 7, 2019, 03:07:43 am »
Btw our eldest just got through Battle of the Bastards. In the episode before it, when Jaime is talking to Edmuir, there’s a fair bit of foreshadowing I think. Sansa will outlive them all.

Sansa is going to be the queen at the end of it all as all those blessed with magic die. Not my theory but I've seen it on YouTube and it seems a good one to me.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
This has been my theory for a while...
Sansa is going to be the queen at the end of it all as all those blessed with magic die. Not my theory but I've seen it on YouTube and it seems a good one to me.
Spoiler
The night king has won and about to claim victory. But magic is.tied to the dragon's existence. Danaerys or somebody with great love for dragonkind has to sacrifice the last dragon. The magic which sustains the army of the undead is shattered and thus the world of men is safe. But utterly without magic...
[close]

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11636 on: April 7, 2019, 06:19:42 am »
My theory is that the entire world ends, everyone dies ect except for Bran.

He'll be the one to start the new world and become one with everything like the auld fella in the tree.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11637 on: April 7, 2019, 07:37:19 am »
Marjory?

Btw mate this all relates to the flashback encounter where Cersei meets a witch called Maggie the Frog in the woods and she prophecies that she’ll become Queen, her King will have dozens of kids while she’ll just have three, but they’ll all die, and then she’ll die at the hand of what translates as “younger sibling”.

Jaime's hairy dongle hooked up to his sister's USB port (hairy status unknown) so as to deposit his tangy man-data into her uterine tamigotchi maker... ? Neither Jaime nor his sister have green sight, but she's got three tamigotchis and the millenium bug (or Maggie the Frog bug) has been prophecised for all of them, and for her (thrappled by the bruv, bruv), but only if they have the right colour of hair.

Oh and turns out it’s Maggy, not Maggie.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maggy_the_Frog
« Last Edit: April 7, 2019, 07:39:35 am by royhendo »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11638 on: April 7, 2019, 08:44:07 am »
Btw mate this all relates to the flashback encounter where Cersei meets a witch called Maggie the Frog in the woods and she prophecies that she’ll become Queen, her King will have dozens of kids while she’ll just have three, but they’ll all die, and then she’ll die at the hand of what translates as “younger sibling”.

Oh and turns out it’s Maggy, not Maggie.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maggy_the_Frog
I’ve seen every episode and this is all news to me ;D

I just didn’t know which one Marjory was :lmao. If I’m honest I still have think carefully about which one Cersei is
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11639 on: April 7, 2019, 09:04:26 am »
I’ve seen every episode and this is all news to me ;D

I just didn’t know which one Marjory was :lmao. If I’m honest I still have think carefully about which one Cersei is

Marjory is the fittest of the queens, that’s how I identify her.