Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1055377 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Mr Blessed & Mrs Barney say "NO Discussion of the Chains!" Game of Thrones
« Reply #11560 on: March 25, 2019, 06:48:32 pm »
And that scene like others are based on Greek myth;

"Agamemnon offends the goddess Artemis on his way to the Trojan War. She retaliates by preventing the Greek troops from reaching Troy unless Agamemnon kills Iphigenia at Aulis as a human sacrifice."

And the scene were Arya Stark serves up Walder Frey's sons to him in a pie is also based on a Greek myth;

"Atreus then learned of Thyestes' and Aerope's adultery and plotted revenge. He killed Thyestes' sons and cooked them, save their hands and heads. He served Thyestes his own sons and then taunted him with their hands and heads. This is the source of modern phrase "Thyestean Feast," or one at which human flesh is served."

So GOT is a cross between Greek myth, the internecine feuding of the Plantagenets and the Wars of the Roses. Except Henry Tudor had no dragons.

He did live in exile though and isn't he Welsh too, so that's where the Dragon come in.  ;)

You are right though the show is based on a lot of different historic cultures, sure I read somewhere that the Dothraki were based on Red Indian and Mogols culture, there is an pre-Islamic link to the Fire God religion as well. It's like he has taken a bit of everything and mixed it all together and come up with Westeros. Like all authors do.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11561 on: March 25, 2019, 09:01:06 pm »
Makes sense, given that it's a Queen song on the opening credits

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2fPgIIB67bw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2fPgIIB67bw</a>

Brilliant ;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11562 on: March 26, 2019, 08:50:34 am »
That’s actually helped!

Ah that's good... so I can't remember if it was in the show but in the first book when King Robert wanted Danaerys killed off, Peter Baelish says they could get a faceless man to do it but it'd be too expensive cos even killing a normal person would cost more than a small army of mercenaries. So they're killers for hire... and Arya has always had someone teaching her how to be a killer. First it's John Snow, then it's Syrio Forel, then it's this lot, and eventually she shows up at Winterfell and outfights Brienne of Tarth while playing with her. She's the grim reaper innit?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #11563 on: March 26, 2019, 05:15:28 pm »
YES! No idea what her name is either.

Then there were the Asian women and the dothraki whim I doubt anyone knows any of the names of.

There’s the bloke with the beard who burned his daughter alive too.

And the stark that’s the three eyed raven.  No idea what his name is, fuck all idea what the three eyed raven is all about.

Oh, and what about the caveman girl who shags Jon Snow and is his proper wife?

Bet you remember Hodor, though.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11564 on: March 26, 2019, 07:34:12 pm »
Bet you remember Hodor, though.

I have absolutely no idea who that is. Genuinely..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11565 on: March 26, 2019, 08:31:33 pm »
I have absolutely no idea who that is. Genuinely..

I don't believe you watch this show at all.... :o

Hold the door.. ....
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11566 on: March 26, 2019, 08:38:30 pm »
I don't believe you watch this show at all.... :o

I think he just watches the tits, minge etc that he mentioned a couple of pages ago...
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11567 on: March 26, 2019, 08:41:22 pm »
I think he just watches the tits, minge etc that he mentioned a couple of pages ago...
Hey! Harsh!

I do really enjoy the show, but my wife and I get equally lost with who is who.  I generally watch it after a tiring day, so I think this has an impact on my mental awareness at the time ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11568 on: March 26, 2019, 08:42:02 pm »
However.  What the fuck is the three eyed raven all about? I’ve always got lost with that one.
W

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11569 on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:59 pm »
However.  What the fuck is the three eyed raven all about? I’ve always got lost with that one.

That's the tattoo I have on my chest.

Like you though, I don't quite get it. I think it's Bran Stark, or does he just dream about it? Then he becomes it later on so he can see the spoilers to tell people who they shouldn't be shagging. Or something.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #11570 on: March 26, 2019, 09:16:19 pm »
it's a raven, with 3 eyes.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11571 on: March 27, 2019, 08:48:22 am »
So GOT is a cross between Greek myth, the internecine feuding of the Plantagenets and the Wars of the Roses. Except Henry Tudor had no dragons.

Are you on the "Lucifer Means Lightbringer" Mystical Astronomy podcast dude?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11572 on: March 27, 2019, 08:56:45 am »

The three eyed raven was a fella called Brynden Rivers (meaning he was a bastard child from the bit in the middle of the continent called The Riverlands) and his dad was (I think) the Targaryen (the dragon family) king... but *back story interlude music* there are magical trees throughout the continent that hook up into a kind of medieval Internet, and creatures with a power called "green sight" can plug their hairy modems into that Internet.

Long story short, Brynden left his hairy modem hooked up to the Weirwood Internet so long that his bum became impaled by a tree, and he merged with said tree, and inherited a role called the Three Eyed Raven (meaning his third eye was opened... as well as his hairy brown eye)... and he handed his hairy baton over to Bran, but he has wireless bluetooth hookup and doesn't need his bum impaled on a tree to maintain his connection.

So Bran is now the Bluetooth Three Eyed Raven.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11573 on: March 27, 2019, 11:30:43 am »
The three eyed raven was a fella called Brynden Rivers (meaning he was a bastard child from the bit in the middle of the continent called The Riverlands) and his dad was (I think) the Targaryen (the dragon family) king... but *back story interlude music* there are magical trees throughout the continent that hook up into a kind of medieval Internet, and creatures with a power called "green sight" can plug their hairy modems into that Internet.

Long story short, Brynden left his hairy modem hooked up to the Weirwood Internet so long that his bum became impaled by a tree, and he merged with said tree, and inherited a role called the Three Eyed Raven (meaning his third eye was opened... as well as his hairy brown eye)... and he handed his hairy baton over to Bran, but he has wireless bluetooth hookup and doesn't need his bum impaled on a tree to maintain his connection.

:lmao this is a superb explanation
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11574 on: March 27, 2019, 11:31:50 am »
Are you on the "Lucifer Means Lightbringer" Mystical Astronomy podcast dude?

No...but I get the Lucifer reference.

I grew up on Greek myths. I had the Larousse encyclopedia of Greek myths which had the advantage of legally (in a Catholic household) allowing me to feast my eyes on classically nude paintings. A bit like Game of Thrones I suppose.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11575 on: March 27, 2019, 11:48:20 am »

Game of Bums...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11576 on: March 27, 2019, 12:53:32 pm »
No...but I get the Lucifer reference.

I grew up on Greek myths. I had the Larousse encyclopedia of Greek myths which had the advantage of legally (in a Catholic household) allowing me to feast my eyes on classically nude paintings. A bit like Game of Thrones I suppose.

The podcast might be right up your street. I grew up browsing the Joseph Campbell books and the podcast goes from the obvious myth within the story (Khalisi, it is known...) to Arthurian, Norse, Pagan, to Lord Of The Rings... it’s fun. Martin and Tolkein clearly like/liked to play with all that stuff.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #11577 on: March 27, 2019, 12:59:58 pm »

Well no real ones, but his banners on the march from Milford Haven to the Battle Of Bosworth sure did.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #11578 on: March 27, 2019, 01:01:03 pm »

Thank you for that. A simple explanation for simple folk like me.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11579 on: March 27, 2019, 01:09:29 pm »
Any more for any more? ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11580 on: March 27, 2019, 01:15:58 pm »
Any more for any more? ;D

Why is Jaime Lannister banging his sister?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11581 on: March 27, 2019, 01:50:30 pm »

This one perhaps may require a consumption rather than digital communication allegory... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11582 on: March 27, 2019, 01:59:09 pm »
Thank you for that. A simple explanation for simple folk like me.

:

Roy explains it all

I literally had no idea what was going on with it.
W

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11583 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:07 pm »

This is excellent, the only thing that I would add is that the internet seems to be a collection of events (past, present, future?) that occurred in and around the weirwood trees and so all of those events are available to anyone that can plug in
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11584 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:45 pm »

Jaime's hairy dongle hooked up to his sister's USB port (hairy status unknown) so as to deposit his tangy man-data into her uterine tamigotchi maker... ? Neither Jaime nor his sister have green sight, but she's got three tamigotchis and the millenium bug (or Maggie the Frog bug) has been prophecised for all of them, and for her (thrappled by the bruv, bruv), but only if they have the right colour of hair.

I literally had no idea what was going on with it.

Oh and once upon a time there was uniform network coverage across the whole continent, but in recent generations coverage in the southern regions has been compromised by hoodlums cutting down the network masts (aka trees).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:57:37 pm by royhendo »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11585 on: March 27, 2019, 08:00:08 pm »
Jaime's hairy dongle hooked up to his sister's USB port (hairy status unknown) so as to deposit his tangy man-data into her uterine tamigotchi maker... ? Neither Jaime nor his sister have green sight, but she's got three tamigotchis and the millenium bug (or Maggie the Frog bug) has been prophecised for all of them, and for her (thrappled by the bruv, bruv), but only if they have the right colour of hair.

Oh and once upon a time there was uniform network coverage across the whole continent, but in recent generations coverage in the southern regions has been compromised by hoodlums cutting down the network masts (aka trees).
Really?  This has passed me by completely

I’m going to ask you what’s happening after each episode of the last series ;D
W

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #11586 on: March 27, 2019, 08:12:19 pm »

'Game of Thrones season 8 documentary to air on HBO after finale'...

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/27/game-of-thrones-documentary/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11587 on: March 27, 2019, 08:15:21 pm »
'Game of Thrones season 8 documentary to air on HBO after finale'...

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/27/game-of-thrones-documentary/

...Narrated by royhendo.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11588 on: March 27, 2019, 09:30:44 pm »

Pretty sure that hairy status of her USB port was confirmed in the 'Shame' episode
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11589 on: March 27, 2019, 10:33:45 pm »
Well no real ones, but his banners on the march from Milford Haven to the Battle Of Bosworth sure did.

That is one scary dragon. Not only is it breathing fire, it's shitting napalm.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11590 on: March 28, 2019, 06:48:51 am »
Pretty sure that hairy status of her USB port was confirmed in the 'Shame' episode

Genuinely just woke my son up with laughter. ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11591 on: March 28, 2019, 01:52:24 pm »
Narp, I'm not having that.

I know that Mickey Luv does the banking. Seems like an odd choice for the job, but there you go.

And Ser Barristan Selmy left the Mother of Dragons in the lurch to retire to Derry so he can make his useless prick of a son-in-law's life a misery.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11592 on: April 1, 2019, 09:40:13 am »
April is here! What a wait this has been.

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #11593 on: April 1, 2019, 01:56:42 pm »
Surely the crypts will have a part to play the last series the night king will already have a ready available army inside the defenses.

All the dead kings and Queens etc rising up.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2019, 04:12:49 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11594 on: April 1, 2019, 03:58:10 pm »
And Ser Barristan Selmy left the Mother of Dragons in the lurch to retire to Derry so he can make his useless prick of a son-in-law's life a misery.

Who dat?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11595 on: April 1, 2019, 04:49:37 pm »
Who dat?

Same actor who keeps calling his son-in-law Tommy Tiernan on Derry Girls a waste of space

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11596 on: April 1, 2019, 05:35:58 pm »
And went on a murderous revenge rampage in Silent Witness.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11597 on: April 1, 2019, 05:46:04 pm »
He also likes playing dress up as Superman’s Great, Great Grandad.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11598 on: April 1, 2019, 09:11:01 pm »
One sound of the horn for rangers, two for wildlings and three for White Walkers, correct?

Who actually sounds the horn?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11599 on: April 1, 2019, 10:53:47 pm »
One sound of the horn for rangers, two for wildlings and three for White Walkers, correct?

Who actually sounds the horn?

Patrol on the top of the wall of wherever they’re stationed no?