Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1067985 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #14520 on: July 1, 2019, 01:36:40 pm »
I'm terrified of snakes and going to Arizona in September. Low and behold its snake season and Arizona is the snake capital of the USA.

If I stay away from trails, bushes and mountain tracks - ie urban areas, Phoenix, Scottsdale etc, what are the chances of bumping into one of the bastards?!

Genuinely concerned about this as well.  :-[

Do you live in Cambridge? There’s a 9 foot python on the loose currently.

Can’t answer your question but in a similar vein I shutter myself about Australian snakes and spiders before I went there. Even for the first month I’d say I was constantly wondering where the spiders were! Never saw a snake there even when out in the bush and didn’t see too many spiders which you’re always going to et more of in urban areas.

I’d stick my neck out and say you’ll be fine but obviously someone else might be able to offer something more helpful!

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #14521 on: July 1, 2019, 03:01:36 pm »
Do you live in Cambridge? There’s a 9 foot python on the loose currently.

Can’t answer your question but in a similar vein I shutter myself about Australian snakes and spiders before I went there. Even for the first month I’d say I was constantly wondering where the spiders were! Never saw a snake there even when out in the bush and didn’t see too many spiders which you’re always going to et more of in urban areas.

I’d stick my neck out and say you’ll be fine but obviously someone else might be able to offer something more helpful!

Cheers bud, thanks for the info, glad I don't live in Cambridge though!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14522 on: July 1, 2019, 03:06:56 pm »
I’d be more worried about there being some on the plane over there.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14523 on: July 1, 2019, 06:09:26 pm »
I'm terrified of snakes and going to Arizona in September. Low and behold its snake season and Arizona is the snake capital of the USA.

If I stay away from trails, bushes and mountain tracks - ie urban areas, Phoenix, Scottsdale etc, what are the chances of bumping into one of the bastards?!

Genuinely concerned about this as well.  :-[

September sees the most snakebites of any month in Arizona as it is Rattlesnake season.

https://azbigmedia.com/lifestyle/adventures/tips-to-stay-safe-during-rattlesnake-season/
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #14524 on: July 3, 2019, 07:31:28 pm »
I’d be more worried about there being some on the plane over there.

That's why you never get on a plane without your Indian grey mongoose...

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14525 on: July 4, 2019, 09:33:30 am »
I've got a question about all these gates which have gone up to close off alley ways and what not. Never occurred to me until last night.

A house at the back of ours had a BBQ and must not have cleaned it away properly because at about 1am this morning the whole street was woken up by their 40ft conifer burning down in their back garden. They weren't home at the time either so the fire brigade didn't get to it through their house but through the alley way which runs between their house and our side. It is a gated alley and the gates are on our side, and as my house is end of the terrace there is a gate right next to us. By the time one of us got out there thinking we would need to open said gate for them they were already in through a different gate a little further up which is always left wide open. But had that not been the case -

Would it have fallen on a resident of the street to let the fire brigade get access to the fire? Or do they have their own means to get through the gates like a master key or just breaking through it?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14526 on: July 4, 2019, 09:47:00 am »
Would it have fallen on a resident of the street to let the fire brigade get access to the fire? Or do they have their own means to get through the gates like a master key or just breaking through it?

As a guess, they'd break the gate down to gain access as quickly as possible.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14527 on: July 4, 2019, 10:44:10 am »
As a guess, they'd break the gate down to gain access as quickly as possible.

92A will know, he's still a serving firefighter if im not mistaken. I'd assume they'd cut or force open the gates.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14528 on: July 4, 2019, 04:46:58 pm »
Those gates are a fucking menace. Friend of mine has had them appear next to his place (landlord? leaseholder?). Parking is round the back, so unless all his visitors have a key, or he comes out to open the gate each time, you have to park up and then walk half a mile round to his front door instead of 50 yards down the alley. Can't leave gate unlocked as neighbors moan like buggery.

Right pain in the backgate
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14529 on: July 4, 2019, 05:13:08 pm »
They have a master key. As do the bin men (assuming your bins are in there).

It used to be that someone near the gate would have a key and have control over it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14530 on: July 10, 2019, 09:26:40 am »
My colleague lost about 7 kilos (in a month) eating raw vegetables for lunch. And I am interested in giving it a try.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14531 on: July 10, 2019, 09:45:00 am »
My colleague lost about 7 kilos (in a month) eating raw vegetables for lunch. And I am interested in giving it a try.

I mean they surely must have eaten similarly low calorie meals for breakfast and dinner?

7kg (15lbs) is a good about to lose but you could do it off a healthy low calorie diet and exercise rather than resorting to eating just raw veg.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14532 on: July 10, 2019, 10:05:39 am »
I mean they surely must have eaten similarly low calorie meals for breakfast and dinner?

7kg (15lbs) is a good about to lose but you could do it off a healthy low calorie diet and exercise rather than resorting to eating just raw veg.

Exercises and I dont really see eye to eye. We are on a break since 2017.

But yes. They had low calorie food for breakfast and dinner. I am interested in starting it with once a day and then expanding it to the other courses. Cooking for lunch is a hassle and I thought starting with lunch is the easy way in for me.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14533 on: July 10, 2019, 10:11:57 am »
The two biggest changes you can make for dieting / calorie control are calorie tracking & meal prep.

Use something like MyFitnessPal and literally track everything that goes in your mouth. It quickly becomes second nature and very quick. Not only will this let you make sure you stay at your goal but more important it will let you see where you’re getting additional calories that you can cut out really easily.

Then meal prep makes sure you stick to the plan. I tend to make lunches on Sun & Wed nights in one go so they are there and ready. Much quicker when you’re making 2 or 3 at a time rather than individually. Means shoving a few chicken breaths in the over and prepping a simple salad is quick and easy.

Eating raw veg is probably a step too far for me. Great for fibre and nutrients I imagine, but then will taste like shite and be soul destroying imo!!

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14534 on: July 10, 2019, 10:15:36 am »

This 100% works. I have done this past three summers and end up losing 2-3 kilos a month.

Basically from what I understand exercise will help you have a good body shape and is great for your health but won't help you lose weight by itself. 

Losing weight is just about making sure you eat less calories than you burn. If you eat just a plain vegetables for lunch that is almost 0 calories for a meal and you still feel full. As long as your other two meals are not too big and unhealthy you should lose weight.

I usually eat boiled eggs and toast or Oatmeal for breakfast.

Salad for lunch.

Mix up the dinner a bit to ensure I get good nutrition but still try to keep it healthy.

There are few apps that can help you keep track of calories you eat and set goals for you. MyFitnesspal is the one I have used.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14535 on: July 10, 2019, 01:05:56 pm »
The two biggest changes you can make for dieting / calorie control are calorie tracking & meal prep.

Use something like MyFitnessPal and literally track everything that goes in your mouth. It quickly becomes second nature and very quick. Not only will this let you make sure you stay at your goal but more important it will let you see where you’re getting additional calories that you can cut out really easily.

Then meal prep makes sure you stick to the plan. I tend to make lunches on Sun & Wed nights in one go so they are there and ready. Much quicker when you’re making 2 or 3 at a time rather than individually. Means shoving a few chicken breaths in the over and prepping a simple salad is quick and easy.

Eating raw veg is probably a step too far for me. Great for fibre and nutrients I imagine, but then will taste like shite and be soul destroying imo!!

Calorie control and sugar control is something that I have been following since 2013. I have removed white sugar from my diet altogether. And no artificial sweetners as well. I use jaggery and palm sugar instead. And no aerated drinks and none of the deep fried items. For me, the major problem is the cooking time. I cook for 2 days. Sunday night,Tuesday night, Thursday night. And Saturday we usually go out. So I have that part covered.

But the apps you mentioned seem to have what I am looking for. I want to segregate my diet into colours of food. For me, I should see 4-5 colours everytime I cook. So I end up losing a lot of time. So wanted to give it a shot, with raw veggies, but with an ability to track what I eat.

This 100% works. I have done this past three summers and end up losing 2-3 kilos a month.

Basically from what I understand exercise will help you have a good body shape and is great for your health but won't help you lose weight by itself. 

Losing weight is just about making sure you eat less calories than you burn. If you eat just a plain vegetables for lunch that is almost 0 calories for a meal and you still feel full. As long as your other two meals are not too big and unhealthy you should lose weight.

I usually eat boiled eggs and toast or Oatmeal for breakfast.

Salad for lunch.

Mix up the dinner a bit to ensure I get good nutrition but still try to keep it healthy.

There are few apps that can help you keep track of calories you eat and set goals for you. MyFitnesspal is the one I have used.

MyFitnesspal is what Craig also recommended and I will give it a shot.

The bolded region is what my colleague suggested. And he lost 7 kilos a month. I am not aiming for 7 kilos a month. I think 10-12 kilos in 3 months is a realistic target. Dont you think?

Onion, capsicum, carrot, sweet corn, leafy stuff etc ok. But what about cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, kale etc? Do they also help?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14536 on: July 10, 2019, 02:04:20 pm »

MyFitnesspal is what Craig also recommended and I will give it a shot.

The bolded region is what my colleague suggested. And he lost 7 kilos a month. I am not aiming for 7 kilos a month. I think 10-12 kilos in 3 months is a realistic target. Dont you think?

Onion, capsicum, carrot, sweet corn, leafy stuff etc ok. But what about cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, kale etc? Do they also help?

Yeah that is an achievable but slightly ambitious goal.  Maybe that might be on a little extreme side. Go for four-five months so I think it would feel less of a change to you.

I think almost all vegetables are generally high in nutrition and low in calories. So they should be all good. Just avoid too much of starchy stuff like potatoes or yams if your goal is to have lunch as your low calorie meal.

If you play around with the app, you will get a good idea of what contains how many calories. You can play around with it see different ways you can meet your daily goals.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14537 on: July 10, 2019, 02:23:58 pm »
Yeah that is an achievable but slightly ambitious goal.  Maybe that might be on a little extreme side. Go for four-five months so I think it would feel less of a change to you.

I think almost all vegetables are generally high in nutrition and low in calories. So they should be all good. Just avoid too much of starchy stuff like potatoes or yams if your goal is to have lunch as your low calorie meal.

If you play around with the app, you will get a good idea of what contains how many calories. You can play around with it see different ways you can meet your daily goals.

I could stretch it a little. Say, 10kgs in 4 months.

I am 170cms and for my height, I should ideally be between 68-72 kilos. I am 85 now. :(

I will fiddle around with the app. It looks like it might help me plan my everyday lunch and dinner atleast.

Thanks a lot for your replies Max_powers and Craig.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14538 on: July 10, 2019, 02:26:10 pm »

You ever tried cauliflower or broccoli raw? They aren't good!!

I buy bags of frozen veg now (not the mixed stuff). Means no prep and a lot less waste. Plus dead easy to boil a pan and throw in for 5 mins or so.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14539 on: July 10, 2019, 02:28:04 pm »
I could stretch it a little. Say, 10kgs in 4 months.

I am 170cms and for my height, I should ideally be between 68-72 kilos. I am 85 now. :(

I will fiddle around with the app. It looks like it might help me plan my everyday lunch and dinner atleast.

Thanks a lot for your replies Max_powers and Craig.

Good luck mate. I am the exact same height as you and was the same weight. Was able to get around 74 kgs in 3 months. If someone with a sweet tooth like me can do it, anyone can make it.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14540 on: July 10, 2019, 02:30:42 pm »
You ever tried cauliflower or broccoli raw? They aren't good!!

I buy bags of frozen veg now (not the mixed stuff). Means no prep and a lot less waste. Plus dead easy to boil a pan and throw in for 5 mins or so.

Me? Both steamed yes. Never raw. But my colleague has them raw. He also has Brussel sprout, cabbage, kale, beetroot and carrots.

I dont think I could eat them raw. Atleast dry steamed or saute fried in olive oil with some salt and pepper.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14541 on: July 10, 2019, 02:35:48 pm »
Me? Both steamed yes. Never raw. But my colleague has them raw. He also has Brussel sprout, cabbage, kale, beetroot and carrots.

I dont think I could eat them raw. Atleast dry steamed or saute fried in olive oil with some salt and pepper.

Yeah meant raw. They are so hard and really not nice at all. I'm all for a bit of steaming or boiling so they soften a little (still like them a little al dente like).

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14542 on: July 10, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »
Broccoli is fine raw, I have it in lots of salads. Cauliflower is I haven't tried, but assume its similar. Beware that some things like potatos can't be eaten raw! 
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14543 on: July 10, 2019, 02:51:41 pm »
Anyone ever had the water supply to their house upgraded? Ours is an old lead pipe which I would like replacing as the water pressure in our house is awful. Just wondering on ballpark figures and who I'll need to get involved. A plumber, united utilities and someone to excavate I would have thought?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14544 on: July 10, 2019, 02:55:43 pm »
You'd honestly think these mega rich footy players would spend some serious money on their security. I know I would after seeing how often they are targeted.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14545 on: July 10, 2019, 09:45:09 pm »
You'd honestly think these mega rich footy players would spend some serious money on their security. I know I would after seeing how often they are targeted.

Seeing as most of them are thick as fuck, you'd think the fixers at the clubs would ensure they had it all sorted,
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14546 on: July 10, 2019, 09:47:10 pm »
Think I posted that in the wrong thread  ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14547 on: July 10, 2019, 10:27:21 pm »
Regarding diet, a good rule-of-thumb is to avoid almost all white food. Literally any food that is white in colour. As well a sugar and white flour, that includes potatoes, white rice, white pasta, and starchy veg that's white.

The only exceptions are things like milk and apples. It's not a foolproof system but if followed it cuts out most of the baddies.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14548 on: July 10, 2019, 10:29:08 pm »
Regarding diet, a good rule-of-thumb is to avoid almost all white food. Literally any food that is white in colour. As well a sugar and white flour, that includes potatoes, white rice, white pasta, and starchy veg that's white.

The only exceptions are things like milk and apples. It's not a foolproof system but if followed it cuts out most of the baddies.

[pedantic]
Cauliflower? Garlic? Onion? Chicken? Turkey? Egg (white)?
[/pedantic]

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14549 on: July 10, 2019, 10:29:14 pm »
Anyone ever had the water supply to their house upgraded? Ours is an old lead pipe which I would like replacing as the water pressure in our house is awful. Just wondering on ballpark figures and who I'll need to get involved. A plumber, united utilities and someone to excavate I would have thought?
A mate of mine did; he had similar low pressure issues and so he got something done. I remember he went on about it for ages, pretty chuffed at what he'd done, but I just didn't pay attention. I'll ask him about what he did and what it cost, and let you know if I find out

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14550 on: July 10, 2019, 10:31:48 pm »
[pedantic]
Cauliflower? Garlic? Onion? Chicken? Turkey?
[/pedantic]
Like I said it's not foolproof. And chicken/turkey is not counted as it's not white when in raw state. Can't remember about onions and garlic. Check out Tim Ferris on it, he came up with it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14551 on: July 10, 2019, 10:38:21 pm »
Broccoli is fine raw, I have it in lots of salads. Cauliflower is I haven't tried, but assume its similar. Beware that some things like potatos can't be eaten raw! 

I prefer raw cauliflower to raw broccoli, it's not as "bitty".

I only heard the potato thing recently. I have had a bit of raw potato before then and never any issues. I wasn't scarfing down a plateful so I think I was okay.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14552 on: July 10, 2019, 10:39:20 pm »
We had ours upgraded by United Utilities for nothing.
We didn't ask them or anything like that; they were just doing all the houses in the area.
Might be worth giving them a bell and asking if they'll be doing your vicinity in the near future.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14553 on: July 10, 2019, 10:40:33 pm »
Like I said it's not foolproof. And chicken/turkey is not counted as it's not white when in raw state. Can't remember about onions and garlic. Check out Tim Ferris on it, he came up with it.

You don’t eat raw chicken or turkey though  ;D

I kinda get where its coming from, but personally think there are plenty of white foods you can eat and maintain a balanced calorie controlled diet.

In fact you can pretty much eat any food you like and maintained a well balanced and calorie controlled diet if you wanted.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14554 on: July 11, 2019, 08:34:37 am »
You don’t eat raw chicken or turkey though  ;D

I kinda get where its coming from, but personally think there are plenty of white foods you can eat and maintain a balanced calorie controlled diet.

In fact you can pretty much eat any food you like and maintained a well balanced and calorie controlled diet if you wanted.

I did the South Beach diet in 2006 when I ballooned to over 19st. The author, a US cardiologist who worked with a nutritionist as the Hospital to create the diet to get fat fucks fit for surgery, explained the reason behind cutting out the white foods like bread, rice, pasta is that is is all heavily processed. By eating the brown versions, you cut out a lot of the shite that processing adds. You obviously have to make other changes, eating more veg and fruit, I lost 4 stone between the start of Feb 06 and Mid May 06, and I reduced my waist size from about 44 inches to 36 inches.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14555 on: July 11, 2019, 09:39:51 am »
Oh I don’t doubt when it comes to carbs then making the change from white to brown would certainly help. I knew that was kind of the point being made before, which is why I put the pedantic tag on my post, but other than those carbs there are plenty of white foods you could eat and lose weight.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #14556 on: July 11, 2019, 10:29:19 pm »
How do you clean silver trophies? Even ones won at charity events or Sports days etc.

Does anyone have a link to a site about maintaining the shine etc? Even the smallest ones. Or perhaps your own experience.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14557 on: July 11, 2019, 10:51:53 pm »
How do you clean silver trophies? Even ones won at charity events or Sports days etc.

Does anyone have a link to a site about maintaining the shine etc? Even the smallest ones. Or perhaps your own experience.

I imagine you’re best asking at www.evertonfc.com and contacting the stadium manager.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #14558 on: July 11, 2019, 10:54:28 pm »

I've found Tomato Sauce works well with silver as well as copper/brass.

Pour some into a cup, brush it on the item with a pastry brush or paint brush, leave for around 10 minutes or so, rinse with warm water and then polish away with a cloth until it shines.

Maintaining a shine can be difficult though as depending on the purity, silver reacts with quite a few chemicals and pollutants in the atmosphere and gets blackened. Home coal fires used to be notorious for tarnishing any silver in a house.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14559 on: July 11, 2019, 11:23:59 pm »
I've found Tomato Sauce works well with silver as well as copper/brass.

Pour some into a cup, brush it on the item with a pastry brush or paint brush, leave for around 10 minutes or so, rinse with warm water and then polish away with a cloth until it shines.

Maintaining a shine can be difficult though as depending on the purity, silver reacts with quite a few chemicals and pollutants in the atmosphere and gets blackened. Home coal fires used to be notorious for tarnishing any silver in a house.

Have you tried with just vinegar, I'm wondering if that's the ingredient that does the job.

Although probably not as easy as using the sauce, I suppose.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?