Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1068061 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #14200 on: October 3, 2018, 07:36:05 pm »
Ignore this lot Igor mate

He's trying to.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14201 on: October 3, 2018, 07:51:22 pm »
Igor, go into your profile and click on Buddies/Ignore list then add the cretins you wish to ignore in the Ignore list.

I currently have 11 on my list.  Fuck those arseholes    :wanker

You still know when they post, but you don't see the post unless you click on it.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14202 on: October 3, 2018, 07:54:05 pm »

Dish ;D

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14203 on: October 3, 2018, 08:01:29 pm »
Dish ;D
I see you all right Jake, ney worries there    :)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #14204 on: October 4, 2018, 12:20:43 am »
Igor, go into your profile and click on Buddies/Ignore list then add the cretins you wish to ignore in the Ignore list.

You still know when they post, but you don't see the post unless you click on it.

Dont call yourself a cretin, you’re alright.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14205 on: October 4, 2018, 01:07:05 am »
I like to make sure

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14206 on: October 5, 2018, 02:06:57 pm »
Roughly how much does a windscreen replacement cost? I've been on the phone for about 2 hours now to various different companies and no one will fucking tell me even a ballpark figure and Google seems to be equally vague.
This any good?
https://www.mywindscreen.co.uk/windscreen-repair-replacement-costs/
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14207 on: October 5, 2018, 02:48:23 pm »
Most insurances will repair it without affecting your NCD wont they?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14208 on: October 5, 2018, 02:54:46 pm »
Appreciate you looking for me mate, thanks. As is typical, about 5 minutes after I posted, Volvo got back to me with a price - £450 quid FFS. Looks like the prices there might be what an insurance claim would cost you. But at least I now know.

The chip is absolutely miniscule too. Raging here.
Got two chips filled for about £40 as far as I can remember; can't recall who the firm was, but they came to my workplace to do it.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14209 on: October 5, 2018, 03:29:31 pm »
Long story short - it failed its MOT because of it and the chip is 3mm too big for windscreen epoxy. Because it's labelled as a dangerous fault, I can't even drive the fucker so have to get it sorted ASAP. Insurance can only get me an autoglass appointment on Wednesday and am in work tomorrow.

I didn't even need to do the MOT today, and only did so as I was trying to be efficient - and now the car is labelled dangerous I can't drive it despite last year's MOT being less than a year away.
I fucking hate it when trying to do something good bites you in the arse  :no

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14210 on: October 5, 2018, 03:49:24 pm »
It’s all that bastard Gavin’s fault.

Shame Pete will never get to read such hilarity.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14211 on: October 5, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »
It’s all that bastard Gavin’s fault.

He came round to our house once and injected his special resin in my wife's crack.
Funny thing is though, she doesn't have a car.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #14212 on: October 5, 2018, 04:24:46 pm »
Long story short - it failed its MOT because of it and the chip is 3mm too big for windscreen epoxy. Because it's labelled as a dangerous fault, I can't even drive the fucker so have to get it sorted ASAP. Insurance can only get me an autoglass appointment on Wednesday and am in work tomorrow.

I didn't even need to do the MOT today, and only did so as I was trying to be efficient - and now the car is labelled dangerous I can't drive it despite last year's MOT being less than a year away.

With an MOT, aren't you covered until the expiration date of last year's MOT?  If you had a few days/a week to spare still, you mind have a window (no pun) in which to get that repaired but still be able to get from A to B.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14213 on: October 5, 2018, 04:29:28 pm »
With an MOT, aren't you covered until the expiration date of last year's MOT?  If you had a few days/a week to spare still, you mind have a window (no pun) in which to get that repaired but still be able to get from A to B.

Yeah but can’t drive it cos it’s a dangerous fault I’d guess
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14214 on: October 5, 2018, 04:31:46 pm »

It has been deemed as not road worthy now, despite the MOT lasting anither while. Kind of like tyres. Just as they were road worthy when the test was done, doesn't mean they are safe to drive with until the next MOT.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14215 on: October 5, 2018, 04:42:39 pm »
Correct. Basically the law relating to MOTs changed in May this year. A failure is reclassified into three categories and a ‘dangerous’ vehicle can’t legally be driven out the test centre until its fixed.

I appreciate the need for safe cars on the road but a small windscreen chip on the passengers side seems about as far from dangerous as it’s possible to be.

Its not the location, but the size of the damage - I've seen chips like that suddenly crack the entire windscreen, so that is the issue.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #14216 on: October 5, 2018, 05:05:15 pm »

As the law stands, as soon as the MOT garage enters on the VOSA computer system that the car has failed, it invalidates any existing MOT expiry time it may have so if you drive it away, you can be stopped for driving an unworthy vehicle and the odds are you will by any passing Police car or go past one of the sneaky roadside camera systems. They all seem to be equipped with Vehicle registration recognition systems that automatically flash such things up or warn other patrol cars in the vicinity. It will probably also invalidate your insurance if you have any accident.

Of course, some unscrupulous garages are claiming that when it fails, you therefore have to leave it at their premises. They can't do this, ie take the law into their own hands. They are trying it on with many people in order to try and ensure they then get the work to fix the vehicle. You are within your rights to say, thanks, but I'm driving it away though obviously you can/may/will be stopped or have an accident and if so, it could become expensive as you are driving without an MOT.

The trick is when you want to have an MOT, if you think it may fail, book it in for a pre-MOT check first. It's usually an hours labour charge max. The important thing is the results of these are not entered on the VOSA system and so won't invalidate any existing MOT period.

Edit: Incidentally, when I was at our local garage the other day for one of our cars MOT's, the owner said there are murmurings that the whole MOT system is going to be reviewed and there have even been suggestions that it may get completely canned. He said no one seems to have any idea if so, how that's going to ever work, though there are perhaps hints in that if you have a classic car ie pre '74 no MOT is required anymore, though insurance companies obviously still require some proof of road worthyness for them.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2018, 05:20:42 pm by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14217 on: October 5, 2018, 05:16:55 pm »
To add to what Gulley says, the MOT stations are not responsible for physically stopping you taking the car, but they are to advise you about the law. It is illegal to drive a dangerous vehicle on the road, so you are committing an offence if you take the car away. Other than getting the garage to fix it, your only other option is to get it recovered ro towing it with an A frame that doesn't require a driver in the car being towed, towing with a rope or bar is not an option - mate of mine once got 3 pts for doing that with an unroadworthy car.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14218 on: October 9, 2018, 04:59:21 pm »
Twice in the last week I’ve woken up to no hot water. The timer is set for it to come on, the pressure in the boiler is fine but I’ve had to reset it to get it firing again.

Simple question - is the boiler fucked and will it cost me a ton to get it fixed? Or could there be another scenario where it won’t be a big deal?

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #14219 on: October 9, 2018, 07:47:43 pm »
Twice in the last week I’ve woken up to no hot water. The timer is set for it to come on, the pressure in the boiler is fine but I’ve had to reset it to get it firing again.

Simple question - is the boiler fucked and will it cost me a ton to get it fixed? Or could there be another scenario where it won’t be a big deal?
Maybe check the thermostsat hasn't been changed?  Our boiler comes on with the timer but won't fire if its too warm for the stat to kick in.  Always worth checking the easy stuff.   :-\

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14220 on: October 10, 2018, 12:07:05 pm »

Do you get it serviced now and them? The ignition could just be dirty, we had that. Unlikely they need to replace the whole boiler.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14221 on: October 11, 2018, 11:57:18 am »
Why do the clocks go back/forward on a Sunday and not a Monday? Can someone just decide to change the day this happens?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14222 on: October 11, 2018, 11:59:00 am »
Do you get it serviced now and them? The ignition could just be dirty, we had that. Unlikely they need to replace the whole boiler.

We had trouble last year. Ended up having to replace the water tank too which was bigger job! The plumber did warn them that it was a few years old and wouldn’t go on forever. But yeah, maybe worth a call out just to check if it’s nothing ‘too’ major!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14223 on: October 11, 2018, 12:06:45 pm »

Why do the clocks go back/forward on a Sunday and not a Monday? Can someone just decide to change the day this happens?

Quoting as it got lost on the last page

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14224 on: October 11, 2018, 12:11:51 pm »

It makes sense to do it on a Sunday. Most people don't work, so those people don't have to worry about changing clocks in advance (although thatis pretty redundant these days with phone clocks that update automatically) in order to make sure they get to work on time. Also Mondays are bad enough as it is without having one where you lose an hours sleep as well.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14225 on: October 15, 2018, 01:08:04 pm »
Anyone know how the money donated on my just giving page actually gets to the charity??

No idea if I'm supposed to do something or if they claim it automatically [emoji848]

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14226 on: October 15, 2018, 01:56:57 pm »
Anyone know how the money donated on my just giving page actually gets to the charity??

No idea if I'm supposed to do something or if they claim it automatically [emoji848]

Think it's done behind the scenes. We donated about £700 to Save The Children last year on behalf of a work colleague that died. I just transferred it via PayPal and got a 'Thank You' pack from them a few weeks later. 

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14227 on: October 15, 2018, 02:23:28 pm »
Think it's done behind the scenes. We donated about £700 to Save The Children last year on behalf of a work colleague that died. I just transferred it via PayPal and got a 'Thank You' pack from them a few weeks later.
Thanks mate but that's my problem, I can't find anywhere on the page giving me the option to transfer it. 

I'll have a read of the stuff the charity sent me, it might tell me in there.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #14228 on: October 15, 2018, 03:19:16 pm »
Thanks mate but that's my problem, I can't find anywhere on the page giving me the option to transfer it. 

I'll have a read of the stuff the charity sent me, it might tell me in there.

You've set a just giving page up and people have donated through it?

The money is sent to them from just giving.

You don't have to do anything. I'm assuming Barney is referring to sending the money direct to save the children. I.e. they had a whip round.

I've used just giving (amongst others) and aside from setting the page up and getting people to sponsor. You dont have to do anything

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14229 on: October 15, 2018, 03:57:00 pm »
What was the name of that liquidy syrup stuff in the UK that they sold in supermarkets in the 90s/00s that you put into milk and it turned into milkshake

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14230 on: October 15, 2018, 03:57:43 pm »
What was the name of that liquidy syrup stuff in the UK that they sold in supermarkets in the 90s/00s that you put into milk and it turned into milkshake

Crusha?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14231 on: October 15, 2018, 03:57:56 pm »

Crusha?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14232 on: October 15, 2018, 04:06:37 pm »
Yes that's the one thanks!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14233 on: October 15, 2018, 04:21:47 pm »

You don't have to do anything. I'm assuming Barney is referring to sending the money direct to save the children. I.e. they had a whip round.

I've used just giving (amongst others) and aside from setting the page up and getting people to sponsor. You dont have to do anything
Brilliant thanks mate [emoji106]

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14234 on: October 15, 2018, 07:43:13 pm »

No mate, sent it through PayPal on the Just Giving page

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #14235 on: October 16, 2018, 12:25:00 pm »
No mate, sent it through PayPal on the Just Giving page

Ah right, so someone else had set up the page for your mate.

Either way it all happens behind the scenes

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #14236 on: October 31, 2018, 09:16:32 am »
I made a spagbol yesterday lunchtime and put it in the slow cooker until about 8pm last night when I had some for tea. I turned the slow cooker off then and normally, when the food has cooled down I put the excess into tupperware and into the freezer as 'ready meals'.

Got up this morning and realised I had forgotten to put the excess away. Am I too late? It has sat in the slow cooker all night? Is it dangerous to freeze it at this point?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14237 on: October 31, 2018, 09:18:58 am »
I made a spagbol yesterday lunchtime and put it in the slow cooker until about 8pm last night when I had some for tea. I turned the slow cooker off then and normally, when the food has cooled down I put the excess into tupperware and into the freezer as 'ready meals'.

Got up this morning and realised I had forgotten to put the excess away. Am I too late? It has sat in the slow cooker all night? Is it dangerous to freeze it at this point?
If it's edible then it's ok to freeze it  :thumbup

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14238 on: October 31, 2018, 09:24:39 am »
You’ll be fine.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan