Author Topic: Thanks a million, Rafa Benítez  (Read 11555 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Thanks a million, Rafa Benítez
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 02:18:15 am »
Hmmm.

I don't really get this modern day habit we've got into of having to lampoon people. Until last week it was our manager, this week it has to be theirs.

Facts:
1. Fergie's a fantastic  successful manager, one of the finest the game's ever seen.[/s]
2. Fergie's a great strange character.
3. Fergie actually understands British footballing culture and always reaffirmed the importance of Manchester Utd the "North-West Derby" (and L.F.C's pre-eminent position in Britain's footballing culture) at a time when Sky/southern based hacks and the media were ready to bury our club under a hyped up exaggeration of Chelsea and Arsenal's neo-victories.
4. Fergie's generally fairly gracious in victory and generous in defeat, which is more than you can say for the Arsene bloke down the motorway.
5. Fergie's refusal to talk to Sky wasn't about the scheduling, and, to be fair, even if it was it would be great for more of our managers to have the balls to stand up to those greedy, fixture-snatching fucking moaning tits.
6. Shankly would've loved to have twatted Fergie, and, his team if was our manager, you would too.
7. You'll miss Fergie like 2 broken legs

Just facts.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline WordF0o

• Kemlynite
  • Support LFC
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 02:34:08 am »
Good read. Spot on with most of it although in fairness to United, they were the better team on Saturday.

Why do you say so?
Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.

Rafa B.

Offline Serenity

• Legacy Fan
  • ...innuh in kuhtluss
    • Institutional Renaissance Academic System
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 02:37:51 am »
Hmmm.

I don't really get this modern day habit we've got into of having to lampoon people. Until last week it was our manager, this week it has to be theirs.

Facts:
1. Fergie's a fantastic manager, one of the finest the game's ever seen.
2. Fergie's a great character.
3. Fergie actually understands British footballing culture and always reaffirmed the importance of the "North-West Derby" (and L.F.C's pre-eminent position in Britain's footballing culture) at a time when Sky/southern based hacks and the media were ready to bury our club under a hyped up exaggeration of Chelsea and Arsenal's neo-victories.
4. Fergie's generally fairly gracious in victory and generous in defeat, which is more than you can say for the Arsene bloke down the motorway.
5. Fergie's refusal to talk to Sky wasn't about the scheduling, and, to be fair, even if it was it would be great for more of our managers to have the balls to stand up to those greedy, fixture-snatching fucking tits.
6. Shankly would've loved Fergie, and, if was our manager, you would too.
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

that shits....just thought I'd mention
I am walking the earth... ... walking the earth. My marido is basque, he is bright; my children are resplendent, luminous. We are walking the earth... ... walking earth... ...walking earth...

I say. I decide....such is life...happy in faith.
God has spoken; be careful, imitation is flattery.

- Tee'kum'tee'bak'kai'laa bak'kuh'laa'aa'aa'aa'aal

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 03:20:02 am »
i'll tell yer what my view is....the game is about small margins.by that i mean a 4-1 result could have been 2or 3 -1 the other way if somone hits the target  rather than a lazy toe poke wide of the goal(tevez are you listening?)
the Mancs COULD OF BEATEN US ON SATdee.....but they were complacent...and i hope it continues....its all about desire and we had that more than them last week....that s what we need to focus on more than anything and that goes for the fans too!.....if we need it or want it more than them, it will come...FACT!make some noise!
hope fulham can show a bit more than  the last game and fight  till the death to stave of any relegation battles and even stretch for the euro spots.super dan....we need you to do them....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:23:32 am by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 03:25:35 am »
anyone at this stage of the season who defends a fergie or a wenger or  the mancs has to be drinking britvic fucking orange havnt they?
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline bod

• Main Stander
  • YNWA Rafa
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 04:27:52 am »
What a great read.  So it's not just blinkered Superfans who appreciate Rafa.  Are you listening mainstandred, Simmo, Britvic Orange, Elisha Scott 

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 05:54:02 am »
I am feeling so hot now just reading this...anyone else feel the same??? clamy hands...sweat pouring from down your brow...nervousness...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 07:23:42 am »
Great article that.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline clapclapclapclaptorres

• Main Stander
  • Thank f&Łk for Kenny
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 10:08:50 am »
Facts:
3. Fergie actually understands British footballing culture and always reaffirmed the importance of the "North-West Derby" (and L.F.C's pre-eminent position in Britain's footballing culture) at a time when Sky/southern based hacks and the media were ready to bury our club under a hyped up exaggeration of Chelsea and Arsenal's neo-victories.
5. Fergie's refusal to talk to Sky wasn't about the scheduling, and, to be fair, even if it was it would be great for more of our managers to have the balls to stand up to those greedy, fixture-snatching fucking tits.
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

There's a big difference between Rafa's list and yours. Rafa's list was actually a list of facts. Yours is a list of conjectures. You might think Mr. Ferguson's fantastic. I think he's overrated and has been quite fortunate. What you call a character I'd call an arrogant bully. Who knows what Shankly would make of Alex now, we can only imagine. And while you'll miss Fergie when he's gone, I'll celebrate the end of his reign of terror like the fucking berlin wall is coming down.

So you have your opinion, I have mine. That's grand. But don't go around calling your opinions facts--that's just arrogance.

(Also, Sky need no help in hyping up the North-West Derby, and have been doing so for years, telling us how many million across the globe are watching, that it's the most important fixture in the year, yadda yadda...)

"You think I'd bring my wife to a Rochdale game on our wedding anniversary? Well, it shows what you know. I'd never have got married during the football season. It was her birthday. And it was the Rochdale reserves." Shankly (of course).

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 10:12:25 am »
Hmmm.

Facts:
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

They are not facts.

A lot of United fans despise Ferguson the man but love Ferguson the manager.

The way he signs a lot of kids and the use of his sons in his business deals have disturbed many die-hard Mancs. Along with his treatment of the press and anyone who dares oppose his point of view.

The man is successful, but he's still a twat.

Offline stylomilo

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2009, 10:16:57 am »
Cant believe the article is from a chelsea fan...

Anyway hope with Rafa's "outburst" during the post-match interview, this will instil some belief into other teams that the scums can be beaten.

And that's a fact!

Offline Miguel Sanchez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Proud member of the Witness Relocation Program
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2009, 10:21:42 am »
A great read that, thanks for posting it.

Its nice to see that people may slowly be opening their eyes to how good Rafa is.

And he is here for 5 more years!

Happy happy man today!
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2009, 10:41:13 am »
Great read that, thanks for posting.

Love this last bit...

Fergus, if I were you I`d be looking nervously over your shoulder because (forget about José) you have met your tactical and psychological match in Rafa. And for the teams facing ManU in the coming matches, read Benítez`s comments and watch the DVD of the Liverpool game to see how ManU can be beaten. We owe it to football to push ManU and open up the League. Thanks for that Rafa.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2009, 10:43:38 am »
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

Like a hole in the fucking head.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2009, 10:48:00 am »
Fergie has no class. Hes just a red nosed muppet. Shanks would've twatted the wino.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline The Nihilists

• Bovvered
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will cut off your Johnson
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2009, 10:53:41 am »
Loved reading the bit about Fergie's rant at the press over Veron.

Compare that to Rafa's considered press conference that caused all the grief.

That Veron rant should be published on every football website, to show what really losing the plot looks like.

Offline Elbingo

• Main Stander
  • BOOM!
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 11:09:16 am »
There's a big difference between Rafa's list and yours. Rafa's list was actually a list of facts. Yours is a list of conjectures. You might think Mr. Ferguson's fantastic. I think he's overrated and has been quite fortunate. What you call a character I'd call an arrogant bully. Who knows what Shankly would make of Alex now, we can only imagine. And while you'll miss Fergie when he's gone, I'll celebrate the end of his reign of terror like the fucking berlin wall is coming down.

So you have your opinion, I have mine. That's grand. But don't go around calling your opinions facts--that's just arrogance.

(Also, Sky need no help in hyping up the North-West Derby, and have been doing so for years, telling us how many million across the globe are watching, that it's the most important fixture in the year, yadda yadda...)

I second that, opinions lad not facts!

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2009, 11:57:59 am »
Hmmm.

Facts:
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

Sorry mate but that's a load of bollocks

Edit.....have i just been whoooooooooshed ?
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2009, 12:18:13 pm »
Enjoyed that.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 01:08:52 pm »
I don't know Ferguson personally, but their is something about him I don't like.

I love Rafa, who's writings I have read, and whose interviews and conferences I have all followed.  He is a guy I like.

Anyway, it is nice to see that a fan of another rival team can write a composed and well thought article on Rafa.  Kudos to this fellah.

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2009, 01:25:18 pm »
I wonder if this fan's response to United is similar to other club's fans, especially the bit about United's success being boring.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2009, 01:36:39 pm »
Thanks 20 million according to his new contract  ;D

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2009, 01:56:46 pm »

The man is successful, but he's still a twat.

IPSO FACTO
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2009, 02:12:23 pm »
Hmmm.

Facts:
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

..............7. You'll miss Fergie.

>oh, yeh?....only if my telescopic lense falls off..

p.s.they are not facts, but your opinions

Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2009, 02:16:14 pm »
Hmmm.

Facts:
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

8. Stop calling him 'Fergie'. Please.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 02:38:50 pm »
8. Stop calling him 'Fergie'. Please.
princess fergie :D

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2009, 04:17:39 pm »
Hmmm.

Facts:
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

None of them are facts.

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2009, 04:20:12 pm »
i'll tell yer what my view is....the game is about small margins.by that i mean a 4-1 result could have been 2or 3 -1 the other way if somone hits the target  rather than a lazy toe poke wide of the goal(tevez are you listening?)
the Mancs COULD OF BEATEN US ON SATdee.....but they were complacent...and i hope it continues....its all about desire and we had that more than them last week....that s what we need to focus on more than anything and that goes for the fans too!.....if we need it or want it more than them, it will come...FACT!make some noise!
hope fulham can show a bit more than  the last game and fight  till the death to stave of any relegation battles and even stretch for the euro spots.super dan....we need you to do them....

well it could have been much more easily 5, had gerrard out that one in. i wish it was..but 4 will do.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2009, 04:45:00 pm »
The other think about 'Rafa's rant' that isn't mentioned from Saturdays game is the performance of the Ref.  When have we last seen a Manu player sent off and a penalty conceded at OT?
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline 43 and counting!

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2009, 04:56:27 pm »
i hate Fergie as much as anyone on here, but the man is a CLASS football manager, even though he's a See You Next Tuesday. It's not a nice guy's game. I bet loads on here would be shocked if they saw Rafa in a rip!

to take several different teams to the pinnacle, and keep them there, is absolutely awesome.

I will miss him. We all need someone to hate, and Fergie is the Devil Incarnate.

Besides, I want to see the look on his face when Rafa and Stevie lift 'his' trophy over their heads.

:D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 04:58:42 pm by 43 and counting! »
OMG, I'm an  Internet Terrorist Level V !! LMFAO

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2009, 05:02:02 pm »
The other think about 'Rafa's rant' that isn't mentioned from Saturdays game is the performance of the Ref.  When have we last seen a Manu player sent off and a penalty conceded at OT?

I was wondering this one myself. How long since a penalty and a red card at Old Trafford, in seperate incidents?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline bloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2009, 05:12:46 pm »

True.  Also, since Rafa's rant, Mr. Ferguson has to my knowledge shied away from talking about whether we can withstand the pressure of the final run in, which was the original reason for Rafa's rant.

Offline deadlybuzz

• Vuvuzela queen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2009, 05:14:19 pm »
I was wondering this one myself. How long since a penalty and a red card at Old Trafford, in seperate incidents?

A penalty was given to Hull this season. A red card for a Utd player I'm not so sure.
Ahh, pressing refresh and waiting for news... just like the bad old days.

Liverpool porn, this.

anyone who's negative can fuck off

Offline lvcjmac

• Legacy Fan
  • Pennsylvania Kopite
    • Local Internet Marketing
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2009, 06:24:39 pm »

Not in the league, but Kusczak was sent off in the FA Cup against Pompey last March at Old Toliet.  He pulled down our old friend Milan Baros inside the box for a PK and a red card.
18 time English Champions | 5 time European Champions | 3 UEFA Cups | 7 FA Cups | 8 League Cups

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2009, 06:33:10 pm »
great read
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2009, 06:33:54 pm »
Good article that, nice to see Rafa getting some respect at last.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2009, 11:38:56 am »
i hate Fergie as much as anyone on here, but the man is a CLASS football manager, even though he's a See You Next Tuesday. It's not a nice guy's game. I bet loads on here would be shocked if they saw Rafa in a rip!

to take several different teams to the pinnacle, and keep them there, is absolutely awesome.

I will miss him. We all need someone to hate, and Fergie is the Devil Incarnate.

Besides, I want to see the look on his face when Rafa and Stevie lift 'his' trophy over their heads.

:D

FERGUSON

Offline andythecatuk

• "I shall do one thing in this life - one thing for certain - that is, love you, and long for you, and keep wanting you till I die"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • "When you win nothing hurts"
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2009, 07:13:33 am »
Cracking read that - nice to know there are some rational Chelsea fans out there.

i hate Fergie as much as anyone on here, but the man is a CLASS football manager, even though he's a See You Next Tuesday

One more thing....what's a synt? ;)
"You've got to win in sports - that's talent - but you've also got to learn how to remind everybody how you did win, and how often. That comes with experience."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2009, 07:36:59 am »
Hmmm.

Facts:
7. You'll miss Fergie.

Just facts.

Sorry but those are all opinions, not facts...  here are my opinions:

1. Ferguson is a very good manager, but given the resources at his disposal he's massively underachieved in Europe.
2. Ferguson is a graceless c*nt.
3. Ferguson couldn't give a fuck about "British footballing culture" - his teams cheating, belligerent, ref-baiting behaviour is endorsed if not encouraged by him. I didn't realise he thought we were "pre-eminent"... I thought his greatest desire was to "knock us off our fucking perch..."
4. Ferguson is patronising in victory or defeat when it's a lucky win by a lesser team. Besides it's difficult to say when the petulant fucker only gives interviews to MUTV...
5. See above...
6. Would he?... maybe, maybe not... personally I can't stand him and that would be the same if he was our manager.
7. No I won't. The day he goes will be a blessing for football in this country.

and one question...

8. Who the fuck is "Fergie..."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Norway_is_red

• Violets_are_blue
  • Anny Roader
  • No, those are not my pair of titties!
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2009, 08:28:49 am »
That chick from Black Eyed Peas  I think!

Come on villa, we've told you how to beat them, I know we were to tough, but I'm sure you'll be able to score against em, I mean we have Reina, they have that terrible VDS dude.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” In Rafa I trust.