Author Topic: Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - POST MATCH CELEBRATIONS  (Read 185680 times)

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - POST MATCH CELEBRATIONS
« Reply #2320 on: March 25, 2009, 05:05:32 pm »
The fact is they nearly all dive or fall over as soon as their is any contact on them in the area.Park was hardly touched as the replay shows, for their pen.

For sure Gerrard was alive to the possibility of a pen. Evra, who is supposed to be a world class defender should have held back to block any shot or try to get Stevie to overrun it. Coming ac cross him with a lunge left the Ref with no choice.

The only answer to the divers is to employ Penalty area refs. One each end to assist the Main ref. I mean it is very unlikely that this will happen but when you consider that their could be many millions on the result of a bad decision, or as I suggested 5/6 years ago, one Ref for each half of the field.With the pace of the game it's impossible for a ref to keep up when the ball gets whipped from one end to the other in a flash.

In a multi million pound sport they can hardly claim they can't afford a £500 match fee for a second Ref.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2321 on: March 25, 2009, 05:09:30 pm »
Video evidence, plainly.
You can't go stopping the game everytime a team claims an off-the-ball incident in the area, but you sure as shit can check the VT during a stoppage in play and award the penalty.  I'm all for video refs.  The game is supposed to be fair, that's what makes it attractive, but diving and cheating players are making the game a bit too unsavoury now.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2322 on: March 25, 2009, 05:13:38 pm »
Video evidence, plainly.
You can't go stopping the game everytime a team claims an off-the-ball incident in the area, but you sure as shit can check the VT during a stoppage in play and award the penalty.  I'm all for video refs.  The game is supposed to be fair, that's what makes it attractive, but diving and cheating players are making the game a bit too unsavoury now.
Video evidence, plainly.

Clearly video refs would slow the game down.The best answer is a Ref in each half of the pitch,that way you get an instant decision and you would still have the human element.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #2323 on: March 25, 2009, 05:17:27 pm »
Clearly video refs would slow the game down.The best answer is a Ref in each half of the pitch,that way you get an instant decision and you would still have the human element.
It's gonna cost twice as much for a win then. :P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2324 on: March 25, 2009, 05:21:13 pm »
It's gonna cost twice as much for a win then. :P

They'd split the money surely. Also you would have 2 to go at.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2325 on: March 25, 2009, 05:24:14 pm »
I don't think it would slow down the game too much at all.  After all, how quickly do we see the incident on SKY after it happens, 5 seconds?
If an incident occurs in the area and a player goes down and the ball is booted out of play, then look at it right then.
If the above occurs but the ball stays in play for a while longer, then judge it when the ball next goes out of play.  I wouldn't have a problem with that.
The only problem would be a team scoring a goal after a dubious decision, only to have the goal disallowed because it should have been a pen at the other end.  Which I don't mind either.

Why don't I mind?  Because fair is fair and right is right.  It'snot the refs fault, it's the players fault for making the foul, onus back on the players and not on the refs or the fucking FA. 
That FIFA have ignored video reffing for so long is a damning indictment of the corruption in the game.  Rugby did it a while back and have never looked back, the game is a brilliant spectacle and fair as fuck, best team wins.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2326 on: March 25, 2009, 05:33:01 pm »
The idea that a 45/46 year old man, weather he is full time or not,being expected to keep up or as near as dam it with some of the fittest people on the planet is outdated to say the least.

I think the 2 ref thing has been tried as an experiment in one of the smaller leagues and I think it will happen in the Prem eventually.

The one ref two linesman is as old as the game itself. It has served the game well but the game is now much faster with a lot more on the outcome.

With a Ref in each half they can keep right up with the play and while you will still get errors you will get more accuracy.

Offline freddwarf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2327 on: March 25, 2009, 05:37:49 pm »
Well yes good doctor, the video ref might be the way to go.They could at least experiment with it.

Personally I'd rather go with the 2 Ref thing. Again it is unlikely to happen in the short term, and yes the video ref would be more accurate but I'd prefar the instant decision with all it's faults.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2328 on: March 25, 2009, 06:10:10 pm »
Wow this is turning really sad , really fast
What's the point ?
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2329 on: March 25, 2009, 06:16:07 pm »
:lmao
very good!

(though I still maintain he could have ran on if he needed to)

He ran on against Sheffield Utd a couple of seasons ago and was accused of diving...

Anyway, you call that a dive??

THIS is a dive!!

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I8p_CRR3Bk
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline destiny_dude

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #2330 on: March 25, 2009, 06:16:27 pm »
The Manc is taking the Piss.
Defeat the defeat Before the Defeat defeats You. :o

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2331 on: March 25, 2009, 06:18:02 pm »
He ran on against Sheffield Utd a couple of seasons ago and was accused of diving...

THIS is a dive!!

;D

Or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W00d3yJKl4&feature=related

Offline destiny_dude

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #2332 on: March 25, 2009, 06:19:09 pm »

THIS is a dive!!

;D

Exactly, if the pen against the Mancs was the result of a dive then Bite me. im never gonna watch Football.
Defeat the defeat Before the Defeat defeats You. :o

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2333 on: March 26, 2009, 02:40:35 am »
I don't think it would slow down the game too much at all.  After all, how quickly do we see the incident on SKY after it happens, 5 seconds?
If an incident occurs in the area and a player goes down and the ball is booted out of play, then look at it right then.
If the above occurs but the ball stays in play for a while longer, then judge it when the ball next goes out of play.  I wouldn't have a problem with that.
The only problem would be a team scoring a goal after a dubious decision, only to have the goal disallowed because it should have been a pen at the other end.  Which I don't mind either.

Why don't I mind?  Because fair is fair and right is right.  It'snot the refs fault, it's the players fault for making the foul, onus back on the players and not on the refs or the fucking FA. 
That FIFA have ignored video reffing for so long is a damning indictment of the corruption in the game.  Rugby did it a while back and have never looked back, the game is a brilliant spectacle and fair as fuck, best team wins.

video ref, use of technology, all bollocks made for the sky viewer.............next suggestion will be an immdiate red button poll on whether it was a penalty/crossed the line ("BE PART OF THE ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

no need for videos, in fact i would suggest there would be less arguments if you were NOT allowed to replay incidents over and over again, just competent refs and sensible rules

the game is intended to be the same at all levels, school boy to professional, and as many things change the one that shouldn't is how decisions are determined......

as for rugby, not comparable as there are a ridiculous amount of rules in the game, highlighted by the number of rule changes every 3 or 4 years.

and anyway, with or without a video ref, the game would have finished 4-1
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline jamiehill

• Kopite
  • MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt
The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing." Diego Maradona

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2335 on: March 28, 2009, 11:06:33 pm »
This is a good read.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112225

Funny read more like ,

EG:
mcfc_ms wrote:
Other than Torres and Gerrard. Liverpool are very average

We really arent that far behind them

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2336 on: March 29, 2009, 12:47:46 am »
A month ago yesterday we lost to Boro, and our title race was over

Amazing what a few good results can do in a month
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.
« Reply #2337 on: March 29, 2009, 02:58:53 am »
This is a good read.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112225

Wow. City fans actually have a thread actively discussing the match as it unfolds.

Couldn't imagine us having  thread on an Everton game, but then again they don't have very many successes to be bitter about... ;)
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #2338 on: March 29, 2009, 05:06:39 am »
Gerrard pushed the ball one more time than regular players do so that Evra missed it.
If Gerrard was not Gerrard Evra would have gotten the ball. Ofcourse he tried to get a penalty:
and he was sure he was going to get one. Therefore he pushed the ball one extra time before Evra reached him.
Plain simple. Brilliant.

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #2339 on: March 29, 2009, 07:48:20 am »
WOOHOOO!!! Get in there!!!!

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2340 on: March 29, 2009, 05:23:54 pm »
just got back from the game. what a fuckin result.

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
« Reply #2341 on: March 29, 2009, 05:30:46 pm »
was coming home from dinner last night and we took the lift with who else but a manc in this "old trafford" blah blah tshirt
me bro and i were in our liverpool shirt

i wanted to ask my bro if he had pressed our floor no. and i just realised our floor no. is the scoreline itself
weird that it never occur to me before

so i said "what's our floor no. again?ah 1-4!"
lolz!

the manc didn't say anything and when he reached his floor he walked out slowly with his head down
damn i felt bad reminding him of THAT match ;D
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon

Offline Benneh

• Proud owner of a 'Chester' Hat
  • Kopite
« Reply #2342 on: March 29, 2009, 05:36:02 pm »
Love the quotes from Blue Moon at 1-0.

"Other than Torres and Gerrard. Liverpool are very average"

and the response

"We really arent that far behind them"

Brilliant. Comedy gold.

And at 2-1

"Dossena WTF he's shite!"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:40:32 pm by Benneh »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2343 on: March 29, 2009, 06:49:28 pm »
Only on RAWK, two weeks after smashing the Mancs at the swamp, could there be a discussion in the post-match thread, on  whether Stevie dived/could've stayed on his feet.

Wow this is turning really sad , really fast
What's the point ?

What she said.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #2344 on: March 29, 2009, 07:39:26 pm »
just got back from the game. what a fuckin result.

Must be hungover as fuck mate
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/