Author Topic: Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - POST MATCH CELEBRATIONS  (Read 186554 times)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - POST MATCH CELEBRATIONS
« Reply #2240 on: March 19, 2009, 12:15:15 am »

My uncle and my godfather is an absolutely massive Manc, and hates it, and I mean HATES it when they lose

When we beat them in the Carling Cup a few years back I phoned up and all I could hear in the background when he heard I was on the phone was "fuckin Liverpool, fuckin fuck, TELL JENNIFER TO FUCK OFF!!"

Decided to be nice this year and not phone, and let his daughter do all the abuse (shes Liverpool mad) but apparently he was waitin all day for my call, DAMN!! ;D
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2241 on: March 19, 2009, 12:25:50 am »
are we still celebrating in here ??? :D

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2242 on: March 19, 2009, 12:44:03 am »
I am...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2243 on: March 19, 2009, 12:47:04 am »
did we win the league yet ???? hope so :D :D

im waiting , com'n Rafa and yer new contract :D:D :D

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2245 on: March 19, 2009, 02:24:24 am »

Very.  Fucking.  Embarrassing.
:) made me smile, swear i seen Park in there tho :D

Offline REDcrazy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2246 on: March 19, 2009, 03:26:10 am »

Why?

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: March 19, 2009, 03:35:05 am »

Still rubbing it in to my Manc-supporting mates.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline Libertina Warbeck

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't you just love love?!
    • Libertina's Live Journal
« Reply #2248 on: March 19, 2009, 06:32:15 am »
Are we still celebrating?  :wave

Nice one. And Rafa signed a new deal too? Bloody hell. How good can one week get?

Some lovely pre-match footage here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBmqRGMJNms
"I am not thinking can we win the title, I am thinking we have to win the title."
--Fernando Torres

GILLET & HICKS GET THE F*** OUT OF OUR CLUB www.yanksout.com

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #2249 on: March 19, 2009, 11:32:40 am »

Why? Because our songs are being sung by people from a far away land?

Go read your Daily Mail.

Offline Mr Premier League

• Kopite
« Reply #2250 on: March 19, 2009, 11:39:33 am »

Personally, I'm not ashamed that we are a huge club and have fans from all over the world. Let them sing, we are all Reds.
Join my Circus.

Offline RedImpact

• Main Stander
  • 'rise of the phoenix'
« Reply #2251 on: March 19, 2009, 12:04:24 pm »
Personally, I'm not ashamed that we are a huge club and have fans from all over the world. Let them sing, we are all Reds.

i agree, good on em ...

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2252 on: March 19, 2009, 12:09:48 pm »
ha ha, u shd be fucking proud of it, i can't understand it sometimes, how just not staying in the town doesn't make for a great supporter, an attitude sometimes too tough to understand...
or did u really want to say I am proud that we are a huge club and ended up saying I am not ashamed....

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #2253 on: March 19, 2009, 12:25:13 pm »
Still rubbing it in to my Manc-supporting mates.

Me too, never gets old!
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #2254 on: March 19, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »

That's exactly why I posted it. Although they need to work on their bounce. :D
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline benitezthered

• Kopite
  • Oh Campione...
« Reply #2255 on: March 19, 2009, 07:41:39 pm »
Still feeling :)
Come the fuck in, or fuck the fuck off...

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #2256 on: March 19, 2009, 07:45:56 pm »
That's exactly why I posted it. Although they need to work on their bounce. :D

Great to see... just curious ... what "time of day" was it .... as early ko for me means being "up before the sun" :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline t0m

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • I hate Man u
« Reply #2257 on: March 19, 2009, 08:11:15 pm »
lmao helpline for man utd fans call 0800 4-1 4-1 4-1
Follow me on twitter STAR_LFC

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"
    • ELSON
« Reply #2258 on: March 19, 2009, 10:57:15 pm »
just had to repost this again...the last line ...

WHY MASCH, NOT TORRES, IS THE REAL RAFA MASTERSTROKE
The Guardian 17 March 2009
Not often does the person sitting at home see more than the spectator in the stadium, but it happened on Saturday when Liverpool beat Manchester United at Old Trafford, writes Richard Williams.
A couple of minutes before the kick-off, while the television camera was lingering on the teams lining up in the tunnel, something happened that gave a fascinating portent of the upset to come.

We had just learnt that Alvaro Arbeloa, the Liverpool right-back, had tweaked a hamstring during the warm-up and would not be playing. Rafael Benítez had reconfigured his defence, moving Jamie Carragher from centre-back to fill Arbeloa's position and bringing in Sami Hyypia alongside Martin Skrtel. In the light of the lengthy preparations that would have gone into a fixture of this magnitude – not the match of the season, perhaps, but a very important one to both sides – this represented a serious adjustment.

What the roving camera in the Old Trafford tunnel showed was a little huddle at the rear of the Liverpool line. At the centre of a group of defenders Javier Mascherano was delivering an impassioned speech, complete with heated gesticulations. It was the sort of thing one might have expected to see from Steven Gerrard, the team captain, or from the vastly experienced Hyypia, his predecessor. Two hours later, however, Mascherano had given a display confirming my belief that he rivals Claude Makelele as the best exponent in modern British football of an art to which, even now, too little importance is attached.

Gerrard and Fernando Torres, who ran the United defence ragged and scored a goal apiece, won the battle of the headlines. But it was Mascherano who carved out the space and time in which they could play, as he had done the previous Tuesday night when Liverpool produced the second of their great performances of the season in routing Real Madrid. The first of those great performances came at Stamford Bridge in October, when Liverpool's midfield squeezed the life out of Chelsea and ended the west London club's run of 86 home league matches without defeat. The third came, of course, on Saturday – when, significantly, United took the field without an equivalent player. Mascherano's excellence was a thread running through all three games.

I first saw him in 2004, when he was 20 years old and winning an Olympic gold medal with an Argentina squad including Carlos Tevez and Gabriel Heinze. No one in Britain pays much attention to the Olympic football tournament, for the simple and patently inadequate reason that there are no British representatives. Other nations, however, take it extremely seriously, making it a good opportunity to see young talent on the way up. In Athens, Mascherano, who had made his senior debut for River Plate less than a year earlier, sat in front of the defence and controlled the traffic with a calmness and technical excellence reminiscent of Barcelona's Pep Guardiola.

Four years later in Beijing he was doing much the same thing, this time as an over-age player in a squad including Lionel Messi and Sergio Agüero. The impression was the same, and so was the result: another gold medal for a man who by this time had moved from River Plate to Corinthians in Brazil and thence to England, first to West Ham – where Alan Pardew saw fit to give him only seven appearances in half a season – before finding a home at Anfield.

Most people would probably claim that Torres is the best of Benítez's many expensive acquisitions, and the coltish striker is undoubtedly a wonderfully compelling performer who adds a sense of possibility to any match in which he takes part. But my choice would be Mascherano, a player who rose above a set of tangled transfer dealings and above the inability of his first English club to understand exactly what it is that he adds to a team. Benítez could see what Pardew failed to spot, and spent Ł18m on a player whose contribution is proving to be priceless.

In the absence of Xabi Alonso, his usual partner at the base of midfield, Mascherano's tackles, his interceptions and his distribution laid the solid foundation for Saturday's tumultuous victory. His competitiveness and his footballing intelligence were on full view as he fetched and harried with marvellous humility and unfailing relevance. Nobody writes poems about such players, but they should.

>I completely lost it on saturday...
and started to sing.....RAPHAEL-MASCHERANO..
will the mojority ever KNOW?
the fight in this little man,
with him its all GO GO GO..

A general , a leader,
not glamourous like Steve
he wins the ball & gives it
makes it look easy to achieve...

but under-rated is our
Tommy Mascherano
a fighter by creed
and whilst we worship "our KID"
players like Javier, we also NEED..

"

Freelance Subversive..
may the RED force be with you...
YNWA-J4t96

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2259 on: March 20, 2009, 12:42:42 am »
Apologies if it's been posted already, but I did find this rather amusing:
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/it-ended-4%111%2c-man-utd-tells-fans-200903161642/

Offline sunny_LFC

• Internet Terrorist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: March 20, 2009, 01:46:38 am »

Why?!
Quote from: liverpoolway forum user
They lock everything on RAWK, unless it's some long winded, pretentious 'tactical' assessment or a pithy in joke from one of their mates.
"my secretary Sheila said to me that the ball had crossed the line,  that was good enough for me"

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #2261 on: March 20, 2009, 01:49:22 am »
I love how a lot of my Manc-supporting mates are saying the game was in the balance until Vidic got sent off. Yeah and why did he get sent off you stupid arseholes? Could it be because Gerrard was just about to make it 3-1? Delusional pricks.
As Jan Molby said on LFCTV,even if united had 15 men on the pitch,Aurelio would have scored to make it 3-1 and hence making the sending off irrelevant as an excuse.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2262 on: March 20, 2009, 03:26:08 pm »
:D
+61 ticket exchange

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #2263 on: March 20, 2009, 04:22:19 pm »
To the tune of " Oh what a day my friend" Gypsy song (Mary something or other)

Oh what a day my friend,

we took the Stretford End,

was one nil down but Torres got us back,

and then a Stevie pen,

and we were back again,

Areliooooooo,

then Doss finished them off!

la la la la la la

la la la la la la
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2264 on: March 20, 2009, 07:40:02 pm »
As Jan Molby said on LFCTV,even if united had 15 men on the pitch,Aurelio would have scored to make it 3-1 and hence making the sending off irrelevant as an excuse.

Makes it all the better if they are claiming shite like that. Anyone who watched the game knows who the better side was. As for the ref, thought he gave united plenty of niggly free kicks.

Anyway 1-4. The reds are comin up the hill boys.....
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Austrian_Liverpudlian _92

• Main Stander
« Reply #2265 on: March 20, 2009, 07:47:46 pm »
Fuck me that horrible little twat is one ugly inbred manc.
did anybody notice that the inbred c*nt looks like the pedophile from prison break :D
A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters.

Luis Garcia

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #2266 on: March 20, 2009, 10:28:19 pm »
the lfc matchbook on radio city was awesome for this game only just got round to hearing it

http://www.radiocity.co.uk/Article.asp?id=589340&#survey
YNWA

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2267 on: March 20, 2009, 10:41:08 pm »
To the tune of " Oh what a day my friend" Gypsy song (Mary something or other)

Oh what a day my friend,

we took the Stretford End,

was one nil down but Torres got us back,

and then a Stevie pen,

and we were back again,

Areliooooooo,

then Doss finished them off!

la la la la la la

la la la la la la

The tune is "Those were the days my friend", the singer was Mary Hopkin, and your version is shite   ;)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: March 20, 2009, 10:58:42 pm »
The tune is "Those were the days my friend", the singer was Mary Hopkin, and your version is shite   ;)
Thats a bit harsh mate.

All true though.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2269 on: March 21, 2009, 04:14:22 pm »
Article from last weeks Sunday Times which quotes Magic8ball's RAWK post after the game.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: March 21, 2009, 04:20:52 pm »
Wouldn't like to have been in the Fergie household this week....apparently the dog is covered in bruises and the cat has packed his bags and hit the road..(after Fergie threw a plate at it).....and Mrs.Fergie has gone to stay in the family caravan in Rhyl..

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #2271 on: March 21, 2009, 04:49:23 pm »
(Scholes off, Rooney off, 2-0 loss to Fulham...)

Fergies cracking up.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: March 21, 2009, 04:54:45 pm »
Wouldn't like to have been in the Fergie household this week....apparently the dog is covered in bruises and the cat has packed his bags and hit the road..(after Fergie threw a plate at it).....and Mrs.Fergie has gone to stay in the family caravan in Rhyl..

Fulham 2 United 0..............I would strongly advise Fergie's dog to do a runner..

Offline willored

• Main Stander
« Reply #2273 on: March 21, 2009, 04:56:25 pm »
TODAY IS A GREAT DAY :lickin ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #2274 on: March 21, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »
Article from last weeks Sunday Times which quotes Magic8ball's RAWK post after the game.
thanks mate - I'll frame this if we win the league
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2275 on: March 21, 2009, 05:38:05 pm »

The nature of this defeat has caused psychological meltdown in them. It wasn't just the defeat, the nature of this defeat has shattered their self-belief, and ennobled their opponents. Rafa has dissected them like a surgeon with a scalpel then patted them on the head and sent them out to get torn to shreds by dogs.

The manner of this ransacking and humiliation has fucking destroyed them today. It had a resonance that may end up resulting in more than just a loss of three points for them. Old Trafford looking like a skeleton after 76 minutes, and it was like an image of their self-esteem, cracked up and empty, and every team they play now will smell blood and want to feast on them.

And Rafael Benitez did this.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2276 on: March 21, 2009, 05:38:14 pm »
God bless the White Team Day (that's today)! ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline xabichic

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2277 on: March 21, 2009, 05:48:59 pm »
Looks like our demolition of the mancs last week is still paying dividends! Credit to Fulham and Super Danny Murphy, of course; but, the malaise that has seeped within the manc ranks is there for all to see. The (rumored) Shrek-AF bust-up couldn't have been helped by his sending off today, either! We've got them on the run! 

It's up to our lads now to make an advantage of this slump in their form. COME ON YOU RED MEN!
"We will win the Premier League."

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #2278 on: March 21, 2009, 06:22:15 pm »
Scholes straight red, Shrek two yellows = red

How many matches are they suspended for?

They'll at least miss the home match against Villa.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:23:54 pm by zabadoh »
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2279 on: March 21, 2009, 06:23:48 pm »
Scholes straight red, Shrek two yellows = red

How many matches are they suspended for?

Scholes 2 matches and Rooney one (although apparently he was a petulant little gimp when he was getting sent off so it could be increased). That's what I think it is.

Incidentally, if we win our next two games we'll be top by the time they play Villa. There's incentive.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society