Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1055125 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4960 on: November 28, 2019, 07:40:52 pm »
Seriously what has his age got to do with it? He's shit because he's shit, not because of his age. Jimmy Armfield was providing incisive commentary on the radio until the end; ditto others.

Is this really what we've been reduced to? The clever, witty, sharp-as-fuck Scousers reduced to old man bashing?

His age is relevant if he becomes increasingly shite every year and while it may simply that he cannot cope with the fall of united, it isn't an unreasonable supposition to consider age too.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4961 on: November 28, 2019, 09:30:51 pm »
Seriously what has his age got to do with it? He's shit because he's shit, not because of his age. Jimmy Armfield was providing incisive commentary on the radio until the end; ditto others.

Is this really what we've been reduced to? The clever, witty, sharp-as-fuck Scousers reduced to old man bashing?

Fair point but 10-15 years ago, he was pretty good, arguably the best around. Now he is excruciatingly awful. We’ve all assumed it’s down to age, but it might be down to a change in diet, who knows. But whatever it is I really want him to fuck off.
(Absolutely agree 100% on Jimmy Armfield btw. Oozed  a lovely warm personality, but was very inciteful too. Thought he was a bit wasted as an occasional summariser on Radio 5, but I think maybe that was what he was happy with)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #4962 on: November 30, 2019, 12:23:03 am »
Would change my vote to Martin Tyler if I could do it again.  The twat.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4963 on: November 30, 2019, 08:23:37 am »
Can't think of Peter Drury without this
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/may/01/david-squires-on-peter-drury-commentator-what-is-football-if-not-for-dreaming

how did i miss this. :lmao

Another person who should be up there is Andy Hinchcliffe, never stops moaning at something when he's on coms.  :no
#Sausages

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4964 on: November 30, 2019, 10:16:32 am »
I went to Burnley away early in the season was sitting in Burnley end waiting for turnstiles to open and team buses were not in yet a lot of TV presenters were locked out until the Liverpool bus came in. I was standing beside  Matt Critchley formally off LFC TV and on Bein sport tv had a conversation with the man before noticing that Graeme Le Saux was standing taking photos with a couple of Liverpool fans. he spoke highly of Liverpool and even mentioned he would love to see Liverpool win the league this year nice guy speaks very highly of Liverpool.

Never imagined that coming from him but seemed a nice down to earth guy.

Never understood this ‘he hates Liverpool’. He may see things differently but I’ve never felt he oozes contempt for us.

Smart guy, he’s a decent co-commentator who doesn’t interfere in the game too much.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4965 on: November 30, 2019, 11:47:04 am »
I’m in the minority here, but I can’t stand listening to Pat Nevin speak. He annoys me greatly. And he seems to dislike Liverpool quite a bit.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4966 on: November 30, 2019, 07:12:42 pm »
I’m in the minority here, but I can’t stand listening to Pat Nevin speak. He annoys me greatly. And he seems to dislike Liverpool quite a bit.

I don't mind Pat Nevin, considering he's an ex-Chelsea and ex-Everton player.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4967 on: November 30, 2019, 10:23:04 pm »

I agree. I can't stand listening to him either. Loads of people I know quite like him though I have no idea why. I really can't stand Stuart Pearce either

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder who the Amazon Prime presenters/pundits/commentators will be in the week?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I wonder who the Amazon Prime presenters/pundits/commentators will be in the week?

From another forum, full list of commentators/pundits
Adam Hunt, Adam Summerton, Alan Shearer, Alan Pardew, Alex Scott, Ally McCoist, Andy Townsend, Caroline Barker, Catherine Whitaker, Charlotte Bates, Chris Ford, Chris Waddle, Clinton Morrison, Clive Tyldesley, Conor McNamara, Craig Burley, Danny Higginbotham, Danny Jamieson, Darrell Currie, Dennis Wise, Derek Rae, Dermot Gallagher, Dimitar Berbatov, Dion Dublin, Eilidh Barbour, Eni Aluko, Gabby Logan, Gabriel Clarke, Gary Cahill, Glenn Hoddle, Graeme Le Saux, Grant Holt, Guy Mowbray, Harry Redknapp, Ian Darke, Jermaine Jenas, Jim Rosenthal, Jim Beglin, John Barnes, Joe Cole, John Hartson, Jon Champion, Karen Carney, Karthi Gnanasegaram, Kelly Somers, Kevin Kilbane, Lee Dixon, Les Ferdinand, Lynsey Hooper, Marcus Buckland, Mark Saggers, Matt Holland, Matt Smith, Matt Upson, Michael Brown, Michael Owen, Natalie Quirke, Nigel De Jong, Owen Hargreaves, Peter Crouch, Peter Drury, Peter Schmeichel, Rachel Stringer, Richard Dunne, Robbie Savage, Roberto Martinez, Seema Jaswal, Steve Bower, Steve McManaman, Steve Wilson, Sue Smith, Thierry Henry and Tim Sherwood.
#Sausages

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
From another forum, full list of commentators/pundits
Adam Hunt, Adam Summerton, Alan Shearer, Alan Pardew, Alex Scott, Ally McCoist, Andy Townsend, Caroline Barker, Catherine Whitaker, Charlotte Bates, Chris Ford, Chris Waddle, Clinton Morrison, Clive Tyldesley, Conor McNamara, Craig Burley, Danny Higginbotham, Danny Jamieson, Darrell Currie, Dennis Wise, Derek Rae, Dermot Gallagher, Dimitar Berbatov, Dion Dublin, Eilidh Barbour, Eni Aluko, Gabby Logan, Gabriel Clarke, Gary Cahill, Glenn Hoddle, Graeme Le Saux, Grant Holt, Guy Mowbray, Harry Redknapp, Ian Darke, Jermaine Jenas, Jim Rosenthal, Jim Beglin, John Barnes, Joe Cole, John Hartson, Jon Champion, Karen Carney, Karthi Gnanasegaram, Kelly Somers, Kevin Kilbane, Lee Dixon, Les Ferdinand, Lynsey Hooper, Marcus Buckland, Mark Saggers, Matt Holland, Matt Smith, Matt Upson, Michael Brown, Michael Owen, Natalie Quirke, Nigel De Jong, Owen Hargreaves, Peter Crouch, Peter Drury, Peter Schmeichel, Rachel Stringer, Richard Dunne, Robbie Savage, Roberto Martinez, Seema Jaswal, Steve Bower, Steve McManaman, Steve Wilson, Sue Smith, Thierry Henry and Tim Sherwood.

Saved the best for last I see. Quote a coup by Amazon to get a man of that calibre

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Alan Smith. Not the worst by any stretch but his mournful tones whilst still trying to pretend Arsenal are relevant are a pain in the arse.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Is that just "everybody off BT, ITV and BBC"?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
Never understood this ‘he hates Liverpool’. He may see things differently but I’ve never felt he oozes contempt for us.

Smart guy, he’s a decent co-commentator who doesn’t interfere in the game too much.

yeah spot on I like Graeme Le Saux  spoke very highly of Liverpool and took time out to speak to us.

top bloke.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
yeah spot on I like Graeme Le Saux  spoke very highly of Liverpool and took time out to speak to us.

top bloke.

that team on NBCSN of Le Saux, Lee Dixon and Arlo White are generally decent. Yes, they'll say stuff sometimes that may wind you up, or make you shake your head, but in comparsion to any other commentary team, they are basically the one good one when it comes to PL football!  Quite like the piss taking banter between Dixon and Le Saux too  ;D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Nice bonus Amazon Prime has a option of Stadium FX which has sound but with no commentary, shame BT/SKY dont have this option.
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Trevor Sinclair? https://mobile.twitter.com/trevor8sinclair/status/1201985083416236032?s=08

Utterly incredible.

Everton fans appalled in the replies too. It really is astonishing how brain dead dick wads like this are employed in the media.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He’s probably been on the sauce, the fucking idiot.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That tweet is gone.
What was it about?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
That tweet is gone.
What was it about?

‘We’re coming for you bin dippers’
Believer

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Amazon have a feature on their coverage.
You can mute the comms team

Yersssssssss. Get in !
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Amazon have a feature on their coverage.
You can mute the comms team

Yersssssssss. Get in !

;D   it's the Holy Grail that isn't it?  I'm sure Sky had it for a time many years ago....
Believer

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
‘We’re coming for you bin dippers’

What a scumbag. For me personally he's overtaken Danny Mills in the last few weeks as the biggest c*nt in the media. You came for us a few weeks ago, and got a lesson you idiot.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thought he'd back down, but I wasn't sure whether he'd claim his account was hacked or it was just "harmless banter" 🙄
Like someone says in the comments it's not a proper apology and he should make a donation to a foodbank

https://mobile.twitter.com/trevor8sinclair/status/1202093680246624259?s=08

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan

Not sure how you can keep your job after that. Doesn't really matter if he has a drink problem or not. He comes across as a horrible c*nt of a person.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Shit thick dickhead with a voice that's unfortunately heard above others because he has some kind of "profile". This trend of pundits that act like fans and openly use their media profiles to propagate fan prejudices is getting a bit out of hand.

The fact that he's so brainless that he he can't see a connection between an ill thought out insult for scousers and his own supposed working class roots, and then publishes it on twitter tells you plenty about him, as do the other episodes.

Fuck off Trevor  :wanker

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely no self awareness, shame or filter between where his brain should be and his mouth.
Hence why he's perfect for Talkshite

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!

Not sure how you can keep your job after that. Doesn't really matter if he has a drink problem or not. He comes across as a horrible c*nt of a person.
Not so clever Trevor, the classless, clueless gobshite!
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
;D   it's the Holy Grail that isn't it?  I'm sure Sky had it for a time many years ago....

Didn't they have regular commentators, stadium audio and even rival fans as co-commentators at one point.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Typical that you get that pathetic weaselly non-apology too, he'd still be a twat for saying it in the first place, but at least have the guts to apologise properly when you fuck up.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Typical that you get that pathetic weaselly non-apology too, he'd still be a twat for saying it in the first place, but at least have the guts to apologise properly when you fuck up.

Yeah, the usual "I'm sorry if you were offended" non-apology. :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't they have regular commentators, stadium audio and even rival fans as co-commentators at one point.

yep, all of the above.  The fan commentary varied between cringey and hilariously one-eyed if i recall correctly
Believer

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Got to say watching the rerun of the match, Ally McCoist is a great co commentator, far more refreshing hearing him being positive, rather than moaning at everything like some do
#Sausages

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
Agree on McCoist. Jon Champion also, always thought he has been one of the best commentators of recent years, seems criminally under used these days.

They're both doing the Leicester game. (Bloody law of Sod, we can have a 'commentator mute' button for these two, but not Tyler and Neville)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Agree on McCoist. Jon Champion also, always thought he has been one of the best commentators of recent years, seems criminally under used these days.

They're both doing the Leicester game. (Bloody law of Sod, we can have a 'commentator mute' button for these two, but not Tyler and Neville)

Champion and his thesaurus thankfully moved to the MLS last year. I'd take Drury over Champion any day of the week.