Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1053580 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4880 on: November 10, 2019, 09:56:13 pm »
These two are great today, the pain in that disgusting manc rat's voice is a joy to behold ;D

So they were. Tyler sounded genuinely upset when our 2nd was cleared by VAR. He almost whispered the goal stands. Then he kept saying Liverpool will be worried at 2-0. Looked that way didnt it alright Marty boy.
Listened to a couple of games this weekend on radio too. One was Trevor Sinclair commentating and the other Clinton Morrison. I can't work out who is worse.
Sinclair will be worth listening to now though, he actually said last week there in an agenda against Man City, he said them words, knob

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4881 on: November 10, 2019, 10:02:03 pm »
Gary neville deserves to be put to the vote these days

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4882 on: November 10, 2019, 10:33:54 pm »
Neville was hilarious today. City playing all the football, definite penalty etc. Then once we were three up he’s pinning it all in how bad City were at the back. He said after about 75 minutes that they wanted full time when it was clear they hadn’t given up, think he just wanted to jinx us. And Tyler can fuck off too the miserable old bastard.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4883 on: November 10, 2019, 10:37:34 pm »
Neville was hilarious today. City playing all the football, definite penalty etc. Then once we were three up he’s pinning it all in how bad City were at the back. He said after about 75 minutes that they wanted full time when it was clear they hadn’t given up, think he just wanted to jinx us. And Tyler can fuck off too the miserable old bastard.

Aye Neveile was his usual dickish self today. He was harping on about City's defense, but it was Guardiolas choice to leave a 60 millon full back on the bench and a recognised centre back. He was sure Salah was offside too for his goal. The giving up statement was an odd one it didn't even look remotely like that.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4884 on: November 10, 2019, 10:46:54 pm »

He was fuming when Fabinho didn’t get booked as well, though naturally not a word on their fouls. He’s an utter bellend.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #4885 on: November 11, 2019, 02:18:57 am »
Loved Kompany's salty tears at the end: 'When this happens at the other end, I mean, we need to talk about it [handball]'. Staggering how these idiots still don't realize the updates to the handball rule.

Mourinho was excellent as usual: 'City are too good to be crying about this for a week,' with an ironic hint of self-awareness there.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4886 on: November 11, 2019, 04:19:37 am »
Neville's like a forum poster the way he tries to jinx things while commentating. He did admit that Anfield was the hardest place to come to, though
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4887 on: November 11, 2019, 05:34:56 am »
For an ex player, Jim Beglin can't half be an apologist twat.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #4888 on: November 11, 2019, 05:38:49 am »
Peter Drury was on top form as always tho.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4889 on: November 11, 2019, 12:13:38 pm »
Garth Bellend Crooks has mastered the art of winding me up to a point that no other pundit does, fair play to him like

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4890 on: November 11, 2019, 12:30:06 pm »
I watched BT Sport Score on Saturday and Chris Sutton always seems close to losing it, he seems to get wound up by Ince and Savage very easily.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4891 on: November 11, 2019, 12:31:39 pm »
I watched BT Sport Score on Saturday and Chris Sutton always seems close to losing it, he seems to get wound up by Ince and Savage very easily.

He loves to give it out, constantly trying to wind other people up, but as soon as someone gives it back to him he either shuts up or gets nasty.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4892 on: November 11, 2019, 12:40:11 pm »
This is an...interesting argument

Liverpool: Fabinho's defensive problems were exposed yesterday | Kenny Cunningham

Former Ireland captain Kenny Cunningham has doubled-down on his criticisms of Fabinho's defensive capabilities.

"It was obviously a brilliant individual goal, that was fantastic, but put that to the side," he cautioned, speaking to OTB AM.

Cunningham was responding to Liverpool fans and ex-pros taking issue with his critic of the midfielder on Off The Ball last week.

"If you want to talk about Fabinho, his performance yesterday typified what I was talking about, in terms of his strengths and his weaknesses," he added in the wake of Liverpool's win over Manchester City.

"If you look at the defensive side of his game yesterday, don’t get clouded by the fact that it was a great victory for Liverpool.

"He should have got booked after 20 minutes, Gundogan dropped his shoulder and went past him - and that's the lack of mobility, you could see it there.

"He couldn’t plant his feet and recover so he actually hacked him down."

Cunningham saw more warning signs: "If you look at the couple of chances City got in the first half, De Bruyne put a ball through his legs for Angelino - who hit the post.

"De Bruyne spun him on the halfway line - he tied to win a ball in front, got it wrong, and De Bruyne spun away from him and played Aguero in and he shot across the goal."

"And even in the second half, Sterling danced around him a couple of times and possibly could have scored. De Bruyne's done him on the outside and put a ball across the penalty box for Aguero who should have scored.

"Even the goal that Manchester City scored, I thought that he was a little bit weak in his defence against De Bruyne inside the box."

"That’s just off the top of my head.”

The 72-cap Irish international stressed that he's not calling Fabinho a bad player and highlighted his positive attributes in possession.

However, Cunningham warned that modern title-winning sides have stronger defensive midfielders than the Liverpool No. 3.

“It’s interesting, you look at successful championship-winning teams, maybe in the last 10 years, Fernandinho is probably the best example at Manchester City how strong he is defensively.

"Kante at Leicester and Chelsea even back to Matic at Chelsea - all better defenders than Fabinho in that central area of the pitch."
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4893 on: November 11, 2019, 12:59:36 pm »
For an ex player, Jim Beglin can't half be an apologist twat.

It does seem like all our ex-players seem to fall into the range of balanced to bitter, whereas most of those from other clubs tend towards outrageously biased.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4894 on: November 11, 2019, 01:01:44 pm »
I ended up watching with the sound on.
Neville is ridiculous, he couldn't wait with the offside for Salah. But it's not just that, he commentates based on what he'd like to happen rather than what is actually happening.

The bottom line is that he should be nowhere near commentating on our games. There was an interesting piece near the end when they showed him recording a podcast after the game and he was basically saying that he can't stand City or Liverpool. That's absolutely fine, but not for an impartial commentator.

I was made up that we have intelligent people like Klopp and Trent representing us, because they both went in on the Silva handball line, which deflected things nicely.

Hasn't Shreeves got the most smug punchable face? Another self important gobshite who actually thinks that he matters.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4896 on: November 11, 2019, 01:07:21 pm »
I ended up watching with the sound on.
Neville is ridiculous, he couldn't wait with the offside for Salah. But it's not just that, he commentates based on what he'd like to happen rather than what is actually happening.

The bottom line is that he should be nowhere near commentating on our games. There was an interesting piece near the end when they showed him recording a podcast after the game and he was basically saying that he can't stand City or Liverpool. That's absolutely fine, but not for an impartial commentator.

Sadly in this day and age, he's the ideal commentator for Sky, he annoys us so will generate responses from that and will please all those who dislike us too.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4897 on: November 11, 2019, 01:17:16 pm »
Every time I hear Charlie Adam as a pundit, on tv or podcasts, he's awful.  Humourless, talks in cliches, offers no insight or intelligent analysis, constantly interrupts others to give his inane views.  Awful.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4898 on: November 11, 2019, 02:43:26 pm »
Every time I hear Charlie Adam as a pundit, on tv or podcasts, he's awful.  Humourless, talks in cliches, offers no insight or intelligent analysis, constantly interrupts others to give his inane views.  Awful.

I never usually listen to the 5Live Football Podcast, tried it today but it was fucking dreadful "analysis" from Charlie Adam and whoever the others were, as you said just meaningless cliches and stating the obvious. Compare that to the standard of debate on Totally Football, Guardian Football Weekly and The Anfield Wrap.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4899 on: November 11, 2019, 04:22:56 pm »
I shudder when I remember that fat c*nt Adam playing for us, Jesus wept

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4900 on: November 11, 2019, 04:29:33 pm »
Biggest game of the season between two excellent sides and Tyler couldn't muster any degree of excitement.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4901 on: November 11, 2019, 04:30:27 pm »
Biggest game of the season between two excellent sides and Tyler couldn't muster any degree of excitement.

Most likely the score not going the way he wanted it to. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4902 on: November 11, 2019, 04:41:23 pm »
We haven’t lost a PL game with him in the side.  :lmao

I mean, I didn't want to say that these were the ravings of a madman, but God love him I think Kenny must not be playing with a full deck.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4903 on: November 11, 2019, 10:14:44 pm »

Yep he's horrendous - most recent cliché was that, unlike Sarri, Lampard has realised Kante is a holding midfielder when he'd literally told the press the day before he has far more to his game than that and has played him in a similar role to Sarri ;D

Apparently Micah Richards lost his head tonight so I very much look forward to listening to that. He's a neutral though remember.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4904 on: November 11, 2019, 10:39:34 pm »
Having Tyler and Neville on for the neutral must be truly wretched. While you have the likes Peter Drury getting the sense of the occasion and goals, you have these two curmudgeonly fuckers grumping their way through it because it’s not going their way.

A shocking advert for the Premier League they are.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4905 on: November 12, 2019, 12:24:01 am »
Having Tyler and Neville on for the neutral must be truly wretched. While you have the likes Peter Drury getting the sense of the occasion and goals, you have these two curmudgeonly fuckers grumping their way through it because it’s not going their way.

A shocking advert for the Premier League they are.

Maybe that's why they put Drury on the international feed, sky already have us as prisoners, there's more room for the market to grow elsewhere so they don't inflict the grumpy twins on them.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4906 on: November 12, 2019, 05:30:55 am »
Maybe that's why they put Drury on the international feed, sky already have us as prisoners, there's more room for the market to grow elsewhere so they don't inflict the grumpy twins on them.
Drury is certainly the anti-Tyler, but I reckon he goes too far the other way as well. He probably reads out his shopping list in the same grandiloquent, grandiose, over-emoted manner with a catch in his voice. ''The bread is the brownest of brown, the mayo the cream of the condiments and all my eggs are in one basket. This will be a sandwich for the ages''.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4907 on: November 12, 2019, 05:58:21 am »
Drury is certainly the anti-Tyler, but I reckon he goes too far the other way as well. He probably reads out his shopping list in the same grandiloquent, grandiose, over-emoted manner with a catch in his voice. ''The bread is the brownest of brown, the mayo the cream of the condiments and all my eggs are in one basket. This will be a sandwich for the ages''.

I'd still take that any day of the week over the other two twats whining about City's defense for ninety minutes, because the alternative is actually giving us some fucking credit for being the better side and putting three past them.  Tyler sounded like he was going to slash his wrists every time we scored, which is, y'know, satisfying and all, but hardly professional and/or impartial upon his part.  He should have quit ten years ago at a minimum.  Even his awful, cringy "and it's Liiiiive" sounds half-hearted. The old c*nt should just fuck of to the retirement home and be done with it.   

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4908 on: November 12, 2019, 10:58:17 am »

Can't think of Peter Drury without this
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/may/01/david-squires-on-peter-drury-commentator-what-is-football-if-not-for-dreaming

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4910 on: November 12, 2019, 11:08:56 am »
;D

Was just about to say the same. Beglin is also a good foil for him.

Squires said that he felt bad when Drury contacted him looking for a signed copy. He's a good egg at least.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4914 on: November 12, 2019, 12:18:01 pm »

Apparently Micah Richards lost his head tonight so I very much look forward to listening to that. He's a neutral though remember.

Was that on the 5Live 'Monday Night Club'?

I turned it off after hearing him say that it was a nailed on penalty, before adding that he'd read the handball rules ten times that day and still couldn't understand them.

Apparently he was on City's bench on Sunday, sitting alongside Mahrez. Does he have an official role with them? Or did I pick this up completely wrong?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4915 on: November 12, 2019, 12:19:06 pm »
Was that on the 5Live 'Monday Night Club'?

I turned it off after hearing him say that it was a nailed on penalty, before adding that he'd read the handball rules ten times that day and still couldn't understand them.

Apparently he was on City's bench on Sunday, sitting alongside Mahrez. Does he have an official role with them? Or did I pick this up completely wrong?

I saw him behind Guardiola sitting next to Given and another ex player. Couldn't tell if it was some kind of media access for the clubs website or something
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4916 on: November 12, 2019, 12:27:38 pm »
I saw him behind Guardiola sitting next to Given and another ex player. Couldn't tell if it was some kind of media access for the clubs website or something

He was on 5 Live before the game so I think it was just a pitch side seat for them. Geoff Shreeves was down in that area too and Harry Kewell weirdly.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4917 on: November 12, 2019, 12:37:14 pm »
He was on 5 Live before the game so I think it was just a pitch side seat for them. Geoff Shreeves was down in that area too and Harry Kewell weirdly.
Surprised he didn't run onto the pitch when we won

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4918 on: November 12, 2019, 12:39:47 pm »
Surprised he didn't run onto the pitch when we won

Kewell would probably pulled a groin had he ran onto the pitch. ;)
#Sausages

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4919 on: November 12, 2019, 03:54:04 pm »
Even weirder, Kewell was doing pundit work for a Russian channel.

I see Trevor Sinclair’s come out with more guff this morning :lmao
AHA!