Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1055107 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4920 on: November 12, 2019, 09:01:16 pm »
Danny Murphy trying to outdo Adrian Durham for the worst take on the England goings on was fun on the drive home.  Kept talking about how boys will be boys and back in his day it was sorted out between the men.  Something, something testosterone.  Sterling England's best player so Southgate should do everything to keep him onside, not make him sad by making him miss out.  It went on and on.

Of that era of players I had high hopes for Murphy as a pundit.  Needless to say he's been a big disappointment.

(Back to Talksport… a Liverpool fan eventually sneaked through the perimeter of the love in and shone a glaring light on their hypocrisy)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4921 on: November 12, 2019, 10:13:31 pm »
Even weirder, Kewell was doing pundit work for a Russian channel.

I see Trevor Sinclair’s come out with more guff this morning :lmao

Sinclair is getting very close to the top of the list for complete tools. He's like some of the 14 year old's on Blue Moon only with a microphone in front of him. He's no Danny Mill yet though.
Turned on the radio tonight only to hear him say Strerling is the best player in Europe, because Ronaldo keeps getting subbed. A snide vindictive Danny Mill is one thing, a thick snide vindictive Danny Mill is on another level.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4922 on: November 12, 2019, 10:39:08 pm »
Honestly got no idea why people listen to TalkSport. It's a cancer. The presenters and pundits don't even believe what they're saying most of the time, they just say it because they're told they need to get a reaction from listeners in order to get the phone lines ringing. Then any time someone makes them look silly, they just argue back and cut them off before they can respond.

The same radio station that will hire any high profile pundit that gets sacked from other work for misconduct, or immediately goes out and gets any ex manager or ex player when they're in the news for the wrong reasons. Keys and Gray sacked from Sky for being sexisf? No worries, that'll get our listening figures up. Joey Barton arrested again? Cool, get him in the studio! Collymore beating up women? Vinnie Jones being racist? Allardyce taking money on the side? I mean, Alan Brazil frequently disparages foreigners but gets more money for it, not to mention him insulting Robin Williams on the day of his death. I'm sure Dean Saunders will be back on soon too.

The more people that swerve the thing, the quicker it will disappear. Its shit like that which has given rise to the likes of GiveMeSport and Joe with their clickbait headlines and banter culture. Then you have the mob on Twitter thinking its okay to spout extreme views because its what the media are doing anyway.

Rant over.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:45:13 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4923 on: November 12, 2019, 10:48:39 pm »
Funny how City's pool of legends is so small that Micah Richards is one of the more prominent and vocal ones. You don't see Philipp Degen talking about us on football talkshows.

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4924 on: November 13, 2019, 09:53:34 pm »
Saw Tim Sherwood on some show about the 'tactics' from the City game. It really was a case of captain bellend reporting for duty. The presenter started by pointing out that Sherwood had predicted City would give us a footballing lesson before I quickly turned it off.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4925 on: November 14, 2019, 08:13:06 pm »
Clive Tyldsley has just said “A big win for England tonight will get Europe sitting up and taking notice”

It’s Montafuckinnegro you weapon, my under 55’s Friday night team would give these a game.

It’s time for Masterchef for me...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4926 on: November 14, 2019, 08:47:47 pm »
Clive Tyldsley has just said “A big win for England tonight will get Europe sitting up and taking notice”

It’s Montafuckinnegro you weapon, my under 55’s Friday night team would give these a game.

ha ha, he hasn't been this annoying in a while. Forgot what it was like.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4927 on: November 14, 2019, 08:53:00 pm »
Droning on and on about how many goals he's scored but who has he scored them against.

Not Brazil, or Germany, or Italy, or France or any team that would make you take notice.

No course not, he's scored them against the equivalent of league 1 or 2 level teams.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4928 on: November 14, 2019, 08:57:43 pm »
Droning on and on about how many goals he's scored but who has he scored them against.

Not Brazil, or Germany, or Italy, or France or any team that would make you take notice.

No course not, he's scored them against the equivalent of league 1 or 2 level teams.

Germany, France, Colombia and Croatia isn't that bad going

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4929 on: November 15, 2019, 09:07:50 am »

He's annoying as hell when it comes to England but he has some of the all time classic lines for us under Rafa in the Champions League.
:D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4930 on: November 15, 2019, 09:14:45 am »
Can't think of Peter Drury without this
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/may/01/david-squires-on-peter-drury-commentator-what-is-football-if-not-for-dreaming

:lmao that's fucking amazing.

I love Drury, warts n all.

I think Arlo (https://streamable.com/q81pw) on NBC is currently the best, wrong thread I know but DAZN and NBC are pissing on Sky right now.
:D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4931 on: November 15, 2019, 09:22:08 am »
He's annoying as hell when it comes to England but he has some of the all time classic lines for us under Rafa in the Champions League.

He was a radio commentator on Radio City, covering our hugely successful period under Bob, Joe and then Kenny. I have fond memories of his commentary from those days
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4932 on: November 15, 2019, 01:26:04 pm »
I think Arlo (https://streamable.com/q81pw) on NBC is currently the best, wrong thread I know but DAZN and NBC are pissing on Sky right now.

Sky are like a checklist of how to do commentary badly at the moment, a severely past-it commentator who sounds so fucking bored most of the time, a co-commentator who seems to be having such a breakdown that any objectivity he had is long gone and has taken inciteful comments with it and then finally that is teamed up with some abysmal pundits in the studio.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4933 on: November 15, 2019, 03:37:54 pm »
Danny Murphy on TalkSHITE:
“I think Kane would get into the Liverpool team ahead of Firmino because I think he’d score more goals. I love Firmino, but he’s not Harry Kane.”

Good honest, English, white, salt of the earth strikers is what we need more of isn't it Danny
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:59:28 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4934 on: November 15, 2019, 04:40:18 pm »
“I think Kane would get into the Liverpool team ahead of Firmino because I think he’d score more goals. I love Firmino, but he’s not Harry Kane.”

Good honest, English, white, salt of the earth strikers is what we need more of isn't it Danny

Brainless statement from him as usual. I didnt mind him too much but he doesn't half talk some nonsense the more you hear. Says something without even thinking of the impact on the overall team.
Of course Danny, because Firmino doesn't make our attack (and defense half the time) tick does he. Harry Kane would. Breaking up the best front 3 in the world would make sense too wouldn't it. Kane would score more than Firmino therefore Liverpool as a team would score more right ?
Id say there isn't a Liverpool fan anywhere who would take Kane over Firmino, but probably a shit load of Spurs fans who would take Firmino over Kane

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4935 on: November 15, 2019, 04:54:23 pm »

Apart from everything else (and there are A LOT of everythings) no way would klop ever have a lazy ego like that playing for us

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4936 on: November 15, 2019, 05:07:02 pm »
Not a huge Alan Smith fan but I’ve just heard him speaking on the Gomez booing and I thought he was really good. Good on you, Alan.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4937 on: November 15, 2019, 06:03:30 pm »
I tend to ignore most of the pundits now, i'm sure the likes of Danny Murphy, certainly Garth Crooks, just spew out the first thing that comes from there tiny brains, without even thinking what they're saying
#Sausages

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: November 16, 2019, 12:50:39 am »
Tactics Timmy said "they'll keep the ball away from Liverpool, they'll get the ball to Sterling, de Bruyne....and Aguero, it'll be a football lesson, they'll put manners on Liverpool tomorrow", saw the video on YouTube, so I don't know whose coverage it was, but Alan Shearer was sat beside him grinning and laughing in a, "what a fucking idiot" kind of way, lol, what a fucking biff.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4939 on: November 16, 2019, 12:27:06 pm »
I tend to ignore most of the pundits now, i'm sure the likes of Danny Murphy, certainly Garth Crooks, just spew out the first thing that comes from there tiny brains, without even thinking what they're saying

While that's certainly true of some of them, the group that realises what they are saying is probably growing, they know that outlandish claims will generate a response that the radio station or tv channel will mistake for engagement and thus they will continue to be employed regularly.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4940 on: November 16, 2019, 12:31:09 pm »
While that's certainly true of some of them, the group that realises what they are saying is probably growing, they know that outlandish claims will generate a response that the radio station or tv channel will mistake for engagement and thus they will continue to be employed regularly.

That's true of Talkshite, they just say things deliberately to wind up listeners with wild claims & get the phone calls going, i never listen to that shite
#Sausages

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4941 on: November 18, 2019, 12:04:03 am »
I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the majority of TalkSHITE calls came from their own employees.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4942 on: November 18, 2019, 09:37:13 am »
Tactics Timmy said "they'll keep the ball away from Liverpool, they'll get the ball to Sterling, de Bruyne....and Aguero, it'll be a football lesson, they'll put manners on Liverpool tomorrow", saw the video on YouTube, so I don't know whose coverage it was, but Alan Shearer was sat beside him grinning and laughing in a, "what a fucking idiot" kind of way, lol, what a fucking biff.

Haha what a knob. So his expert opinion was that City will do what they do in every single game, in fact what every single good side does. Keep the ball and get it to their best players. Well done Tim, I wonder if Klopp heard you insight and changed his whole approach. Where is he on nowadays ?  He makes me laugh.

Offline diehard

• Main Stander
« Reply #4943 on: November 18, 2019, 10:06:07 am »
Haha what a knob. So his expert opinion was that City will do what they do in every single game, in fact what every single good side does. Keep the ball and get it to their best players. Well done Tim, I wonder if Klopp heard you insight and changed his whole approach. Where is he on nowadays ?  He makes me laugh.

Also after we won, in one of the review shows, he went on to say that the game would have been totally different if City would have scored from the TAA handball incident. Just couldn’t digest the fact that we bossed them, contrary to what he believed would happen.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4944 on: November 18, 2019, 10:12:46 am »
Also after we won, in one of the review shows, he went on to say that the game would have been totally different if City would have scored from the TAA handball incident. Just couldn’t digest the fact that we bossed them, contrary to what he believed would happen.

Jaysus. He doesn't half like stating the obvious does he. What a tube. The only thing more annoying than a complete moron is one who can't admit they were wrong. I hope he gets another job in management again soon though, he's clearly a genius who just need another crack at it like Tony Adams and Sol Campbell

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4945 on: November 18, 2019, 11:23:23 am »

He also still maintains that Man City are "the best team". We're merely "more effective".

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4946 on: November 18, 2019, 06:04:25 pm »

Last seen throwing the Swindon players under the bus
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15240606.tim-sherwood-puts-blame-firmly-on-swindon-town-players-following-relegation-to-league-two/
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4947 on: November 25, 2019, 01:37:34 pm »
Listening to Jamie O Hara in the car this morning and he's an absolute pudding.  Saying stuff like:

West Ham should bring in Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole to replace Pellagrini.

Everton need a British manager as the foreigners haven't worked out.

Roberto the West Ham keeper should be dropped for David Martin because he's a mercenary and David Martin is British and played over 300 games in the Championship.

Basically a Political Broadcast announcement from him.  ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4948 on: November 25, 2019, 01:42:22 pm »
Listening to Jamie O Hara in the car this morning and he's an absolute pudding.  Saying stuff like:

West Ham should bring in Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole to replace Pellagrini.

Everton need a British manager as the foreigners haven't worked out.

Roberto the West Ham keeper should be dropped for David Martin because he's a mercenary and David Martin is British and played over 300 games in the Championship.

Basically a Political Broadcast announcement from him.  ;D

Aye, Fat Sam got a dig in with Rafa this morning saying Bruce had started better this season than Rafa last season.  Also that Everton shouldn't be looking at him because he's such a defensive coach.  Then someone mentioned Eddie Howe!!  As if he'd go there - but it's lovely British angle so soon before the election!   :-X

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4949 on: November 25, 2019, 01:46:58 pm »
Can't stand Martin Tyler these days. Just retire the old ballbag. Most of the time when he's commenting our games and we score it's "Ohhh.. (long pause) and it's put into the goal by Salah, goal for Liverpool. "

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #4950 on: November 25, 2019, 02:01:10 pm »
Can't stand Martin Tyler these days. Just retire the old ballbag. Most of the time when he's commenting our games and we score it's "Ohhh.. (long pause) and it's put into the goal by Salah, goal for Liverpool. "

All the time mate he is a wanker. Him and Neville when Liverpool score massive pause cannot praise Liverpool

City score v Leicester last season AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW where do you want your statue Vincent Kompany

or Martial goal v Liverpool at old Trafford.

I don't know how Danny Murphy has more votes than that Arsepiece Tyler ( I cannot play fifa with sound on either cause of him )

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #4951 on: November 25, 2019, 11:18:15 pm »
Did anybody do some test presenting with Tim Cahill before they let him loose on our screens? Its like his brain has a satellite delay with his mouth. Lots of words with no substance.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4952 on: November 25, 2019, 11:39:17 pm »
I've only just noticed, but why isn't Gary Neville on the list?

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #4953 on: November 27, 2019, 11:18:31 am »
I went to Burnley away early in the season was sitting in Burnley end waiting for turnstiles to open and team buses were not in yet a lot of TV presenters were locked out until the Liverpool bus came in. I was standing beside  Matt Critchley formally off LFC TV and on Bein sport tv had a conversation with the man before noticing that Graeme Le Saux was standing taking photos with a couple of Liverpool fans. he spoke highly of Liverpool and even mentioned he would love to see Liverpool win the league this year nice guy speaks very highly of Liverpool.

Never imagined that coming from him but seemed a nice down to earth guy.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #4954 on: November 27, 2019, 10:01:21 pm »
First time I've listened to Tyler in donkeys years. Can bore you to death. Rambling on like senile old fool.

Cant believe that he is still commentating. 

Put him out of his and our misery.  Fgs
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4955 on: November 27, 2019, 10:06:34 pm »
First time I've listened to Tyler in donkeys years. Can bore you to death. Rambling on like senile old fool.

Cant believe that he is still commentating. 

Put him out of his and our misery.  Fgs
Had a BT Sport stream to start with but ended up with Tyler, the difference was incredible. He sounded bored to tears, like he didn't want to be there at all.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #4956 on: November 27, 2019, 11:20:55 pm »
The man hates Liverpool and cannot stand it he doesn’t claim he is a united fan ( Woking ) am sure he mentioned it on Fifa but he arselicked Fergie for years couldn’t stop going on about the man . When he is with Neville I cannot listen! Surely he will retire in the not so distant future.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #4957 on: November 28, 2019, 10:11:27 am »
He is 74 . The worst part is that there is commentating from him in our games in the 80s . He needs to be binned off if he isn't retiring. 
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4958 on: November 28, 2019, 06:51:14 pm »
Seriously what has his age got to do with it? He's shit because he's shit, not because of his age. Jimmy Armfield was providing incisive commentary on the radio until the end; ditto others.

Is this really what we've been reduced to? The clever, witty, sharp-as-fuck Scousers reduced to old man bashing?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: November 28, 2019, 07:05:01 pm »
Commentators need to stick to describing the game as much as possible rather than providing their thoughts and opinions. It's a bonus if they can hype up a great goal. Give me Peter Drury or Ray Hudson over Neville any day of the week.