Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1055264 times)

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #3760 on: February 17, 2018, 07:41:24 pm »
Always liked Gullit and Desailly when they've been BBC pundits, don't know if they've ever been on MOTD mind you.

Tim Vickery is great as a BBC pundit but people would probably give out about him if he was on MOTD

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3761 on: February 19, 2018, 05:58:17 am »
What's with the BBC giving so many women commentary positions? They sound shit in my opinion. That might sound like I'm being sexist by some, but I'm not. They just don't have the voices for it. Just like Johnathan Pearce and Steve McManaman don't.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3762 on: February 19, 2018, 10:39:59 am »
Danny Murphy winds me up no end. Talking shite about the Alli penalty on the radio now.

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #3763 on: February 19, 2018, 01:28:32 pm »
What's with the BBC giving so many women commentary positions? They sound shit in my opinion. That might sound like I'm being sexist by some, but I'm not. They just don't have the voices for it. Just like Johnathan Pearce and Steve McManaman don't.
I don't think gender's got anything to do with it, it's about the person? If a commentator has a good voice for it, then it doesn't matter if they're a man or a woman, surely?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3764 on: February 19, 2018, 01:55:27 pm »

It’s anchorMAN not anchorLADY...it’s scientific fact!
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3765 on: February 19, 2018, 02:19:42 pm »
It amazes me that Danny Murphy is still employed as a pundit - he's the worst I've ever seen
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3766 on: February 19, 2018, 02:24:54 pm »
It’s anchorMAN not anchorLADY...it’s scientific fact!

I could just see one of them saying ‘60% of the time Kane scores every time’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: February 19, 2018, 02:54:27 pm »

It's just that we're not used to it really. With MOTD and other shows we hear the same voices all the time. It would sound weird hearing Irish commentator George Hamilton on the BBC for example even though it's the same voice.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3768 on: February 19, 2018, 05:18:19 pm »
Dion Dublin is atrocious, the man is incapable of an original thought. He literally regurgitates the Daily Mail type mentality. The twat honestly thinks that Joe "Dandruff-free" Hart, is world class. Oh and Rooney is still the kind of player you build a team around 🙄.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: February 19, 2018, 07:59:18 pm »
I see and hear more of Jenas than my own friends and family these days. He's absolutely everywhere.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3770 on: February 19, 2018, 08:11:08 pm »
I see and hear more of Jenas than my own friends and family these days. He's absolutely everywhere.
And talking drivel wherever he goes, the pinheaded twat.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: February 21, 2018, 12:51:34 pm »
Ray Wilkins on SSN said that Sevilla would finish in the bottom six in the Premier League.  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3772 on: February 21, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »
Ray Wilkins on SSN said that Sevilla would finish in the bottom six in the Premier League.  ;D

Because they don't stay on their feet?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3773 on: February 21, 2018, 02:22:44 pm »
And talking drivel wherever he goes, the pinheaded twat.

:lmao

Poetic.

Online Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: February 22, 2018, 01:40:43 pm »
only 3 votes for Jenas?....the fuck's going on?

If and when he can stop starting every sentence with the word "Look" I will say he actually talks a lot of sense.

Until then, he just makes we want to scream.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: February 22, 2018, 04:01:27 pm »
After that weird, sycophantic fawning over Manchester United last night, Steve McManaman has to be up there. That was one of the most bizarre commentary performances I've ever witnessed. He was up in arms about every single foul a United player committed, accusing the Sevilla players of diving. He also said Sevilla carried no threat going forward - the team that had 25 shots, missed 4 golden opportunities, and wasted many more chances to create threatening situations -  and that United wouldn't be scared of them - whereas Sevilla will be petrified of the disjointed, cowardly rabble who created one chance of note and who they just dominated for 90 minutes. To top it off, he and the commentator then said 2+2=5 by claiming that United just showed how to control a European game away from home. Funny, because control to me means to restrict your opponent to few good chances and to create some yourself, not be absolutely dominated but saved by your goalkeeper and the opposition's shit finishing.

Truly mental.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3776 on: February 22, 2018, 04:09:20 pm »
After that weird, sycophantic fawning over Manchester United last night, Steve McManaman has to be up there. That was one of the most bizarre commentary performances I've ever witnessed. He was up in arms about every single foul a United player committed, accusing the Sevilla players of diving. He also said Sevilla carried no threat going forward - the team that had 25 shots, missed 4 golden opportunities, and wasted many more chances to create threatening situations -  and that United wouldn't be scared of them - whereas Sevilla will be petrified of the disjointed, cowardly rabble who created one chance of note and who they just dominated for 90 minutes. To top it off, he and the commentator then said 2+2=5 by claiming that United just showed how to control a European game away from home. Funny, because control to me means to restrict your opponent to few good chances and to create some yourself, not be absolutely dominated but saved by your goalkeeper and the opposition's shit finishing.

Truly mental.

Yep, I only saw from about 60 onwards, but it was dreadful commentary to the extent that the manc at work even opened our conversation this morning by admitting so.

I've always found Darren Fletcher to be a good radio broadcaster but a pretty poor commentator in all honesty. As for McManaman, lovely footballer, dreadful co-commentator. If I had a pound for every time he shouts "Woaahhhhhhhh" during a match I'd be richer than him!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: February 22, 2018, 08:57:36 pm »
Just watching Would I Lie To You and he's bloody on that as well! :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3778 on: February 23, 2018, 01:50:35 am »
Just watching Would I Lie To You and he's bloody on that as well! :butt

Does he say something that wasn't true?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3779 on: February 23, 2018, 03:10:19 am »
Yep, I only saw from about 60 onwards, but it was dreadful commentary to the extent that the manc at work even opened our conversation this morning by admitting so.

I've always found Darren Fletcher to be a good radio broadcaster but a pretty poor commentator in all honesty. As for McManaman, lovely footballer, dreadful co-commentator. If I had a pound for every time he shouts "Woaahhhhhhhh" during a match I'd be richer than him!

I fucking hate the way he puts emphasis on certain words. 'This game Fletch hasn't been very exciTING, it must be annoYING for our viewers who have tuned in hopING for a cracKING game of football.'

You're meant to be a Scouser, Macca. And I know he might be under instruction to slow down his speech considering the Scouse dialect can be fast and hard to understand but he takes the piss. As for Jermain Jenas? That ubiquitous nugget must be rolling in it, you can't escape him at the minute.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: February 23, 2018, 09:24:05 am »
Does he say something that wasn't true?

Would you be shocked if I said talking bollocks seems to be his forte?! ;D

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: February 23, 2018, 09:31:06 am »
I demand Alan Shearer is taken out of this poll, and the 12 whoppa's who voted for him can fuck off as well    :P

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3782 on: February 23, 2018, 10:08:28 am »
I demand Alan Shearer is taken out of this poll, and the 12 whoppa's who voted for him can fuck off as well    :P

No, he's a whopper, completely inconsistent views, one minute a challenge is a penalty/sending off, next same challenge isn't, & says the obvious, stealing a living.
#Sausages

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3783 on: February 23, 2018, 01:51:51 pm »
Someone copy and paste Merson's quote on Klopp from the Top 6 manager "article" they've done.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
AHA!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: February 24, 2018, 01:07:09 am »
Someone copy and paste Merson's quote on Klopp from the Top 6 manager "article" they've done.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Rated Klopp 5th - "I like Klopp. He comes across as a really good guy. However, you look at his team and you take away from his front three and Virgil van Dijk and I don't know how many of those other players would get in another top-six-side. He's been there a few seasons now and the majority of his signings have been fairly average."

Completely contradictory. Surely having a worse squad, but being 3rd makes him better than the others. Poch 2nd :lmao

"Fairly average" signings: Salah, Mane, van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Matip, Karius, Ox.

Fucking moron.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3785 on: February 24, 2018, 04:30:59 am »
At least most of you don’t live in the US. We are stuck with Fox Soccer for the FA Cup, UCL and the World Cup. They have to be the worse group of pundits/commentators on one network ever. Not a single one of them is worth a shit.

To make things worse they commentate the games from the US via a TV. They have no clue what is even going on in the game half the time. Sometimes it is 30 seconds later before they realize a penalty has been called. Then after all that we have to sit through listening to Alexi Lalas. How he still has a job is beyond me.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3786 on: February 24, 2018, 04:45:42 am »
ubiquitous nugget
That is beautiful, I'm throwing that into conversation.  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: February 24, 2018, 10:01:04 pm »
Rated Klopp 5th - "I like Klopp. He comes across as a really good guy. However, you look at his team and you take away from his front three and Virgil van Dijk and I don't know how many of those other players would get in another top-six-side. He's been there a few seasons now and the majority of his signings have been fairly average."

Completely contradictory. Surely having a worse squad, but being 3rd makes him better than the others. Poch 2nd :lmao

"Fairly average" signings: Salah, Mane, van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Matip, Karius, Ox.

Fucking moron.
:lmao

I always love it when people say "take the best players out of the team and...er...the team won't be as good" - no shit Sherlock!

Online iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #3788 on: February 25, 2018, 10:57:14 pm »
Garth Crooks has put Claudio Bravo as his goalkeeper for his Team of the Week. If anyone else, like me, watched that match, let that sink in for a minute. The man is paid money for this. Astonishing.

Oh, and has put Roberston as a left winger.

And Lukaku rather than Firmino. Again, he's PAID for these opinions.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:58:51 pm by iamnant »
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Watching Premier League Years on Sky because nothing better is on - 1992/93. I'm too young to remember this.

Steve Bruce scores that late winner against Wednesday that had Ferguson and Kidd on the pitch. Tyler screams "YEEEESSS! YEEESSSS!"

Was it not obvious even then? Man's a cretin.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Watching Premier League Years on Sky because nothing better is on - 1992/93. I'm too young to remember this.

Steve Bruce scores that late winner against Wednesday that had Ferguson and Kidd on the pitch. Tyler screams "YEEEESSS! YEEESSSS!"

That was horrific (the goal, not aware of the commentary). Was playing Sensible Soccer at my mate’s when that went in, heard it in the radio. Think Rushy scored a screamer v Oldham the same day!

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He used to get excited when we scored some big goals back in the 90's as well.

Honestly, all this Martin Tyler is a Utd fan stuff(he really isn't) is getting a bit boring now.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2018, 06:58:47 pm by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
He used to get excited when we scored some big goals back in the 90's as well.

Honestly, all this Martin Tyler is a Utd fan stuff(he really isn't) is getting a bit boring now.

He's also still trying to make "...AND IT'S LIIIIIVE!" a catchphrase.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
He's also still trying to make "...AND IT'S LIIIIIVE!" a catchphrase.

I think he’s just confirming that the Frankenstein’s monster on co commentary is still operational.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.

Fucking moron.

He hates Liverpool with a passion. I don't recall him ever saying anything positive about us.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
He hates Liverpool with a passion. I don't recall him ever saying anything positive about us.

Ever? Thankfully there’s no archives so won’t ever be able to dispute this!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

I've heard Merson say loads of positive stuff about us down the years. He Liked Rafa's 08/09 side. He liked Brendan's 13/14 side and he's said plenty of positive stuff about this current Liverpool side on Soccer Saturday as well.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was unfortunate enough to have to listen to our match on talkshite today, bloody hell Joey Barton is utterly abysmal, one of the worst bantz-style pundits I have ever heard attempting to do co-commentary, coming out with shite like we would be having another open top bus tour for going back ahead of united as if any fans gave a shite about it last week unless they were mocking a rival fan.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Not sure if there's anywhere else to mention this but Premier League Tonight on BT usually throws up one or two really good debates or conversations each week. Players talk candidly and give insights into the game.

Jenas talking about his career now and what could have been. Said that being in the England squad brought his levels up but when he went back to Newcastle he'd eventually revert to the mean because standards weren't as high there in training every day.

They also discussed the 'new manager bounce'. Initially dismissed it because all players should try their hardest but then went on to talk about how the atmosphere around a club, disgruntled fans, can affect a player. They might take the easy option instead of the more difficult pass in fear of being abused.

Very interesting.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.