Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1053684 times)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Apparently Joey Barton was at it again with his digs on talkshite saying when we won yesterday to go second the open top bus parade can start. How they can employ someone so bitter is beyond me, then again they have planks like Alan Brazil and Mike Parry also.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
the MOTD2 Extra show is a decent watch....Stephen Warnock is fairly good value for money, plenty to say and most of it sensible...and nicely hosted by Mark Chapman - the deserved winner of the Broadcast Journalist presenter of the year earlier this week........the BBC should make a note that not every football show they broadcast needs Jermaine Jenas on it
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Just thinking the same. Warnock is great on the TAW Pro View shows as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Yes was a decent watch that as has been said Warnock was very good and Reo-Coker was as well. Chapman though not sure, maybe its because he is everywhere, so more fed up of his grid than his actual presentation.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Neville doing his whole "look at that player walking back, it's embarrassing, pathetic" routine again today, because he got a reaction last week. Do one, Neville, you irritant.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Neville doing his whole "look at that player walking back, it's embarrassing, pathetic" routine again today, because he got a reaction last week. Do one, Neville, you irritant.

Tyler isn't helping.

"Is there anything Chelsea can take from this game? *talk laughing like he always does*" when they are 0-0 at half time.

Of course there is, they've stopped City from scoring and limited them to few chances.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
I know he’s neither a commentator nor a pundit, but Geoff Shreeves is a total c*nt

Just wanted to get that off my chest  :wave

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
Garth Crooks yet again having a go at Klopp.

'However, Jurgen Klopp’s rendition of The Beatles classic Twist And Shout having been refused a penalty appeal best summed up the manager's hysterical behaviour on the Liverpool touchline. What was that?'

Not sure what his problem is.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

'However, Jürgen Klopp’s rendition of The Beatles classic Twist And Shout having been refused a penalty appeal best summed up the manager's hysterical behaviour on the Liverpool touchline. What was that?'

Crooks is a bitter man. He resents that fact that when he played us, Spurs usually got thumped. Classic southern softies. Hoddle Waddle and the whole glam thing, legends dahn the lane. Load of shite. If he played now he would be banned for persistent use of the elbows. If he eats another scone he will explode live on TV. Couldn’t stand the whole Tottenham showbiz love-in around Hoddle and his gang of frauds
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Tyler isn't helping.

"Is there anything Chelsea can take from this game? *talk laughing like he always does*" when they are 0-0 at half time.

Of course there is, they've stopped City from scoring and limited them to few chances.

There were a few times during that game where I had a fleeting thought of ‘it’d be quite funny if Chelsea won this and shut these twats up’ very quickly put away by the fact that it’s the perfect result for us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
It'a depressing now when you hear it's Tyler and Neville are doing the game. Totally Atrocious commentary. Always about how bad the losing team are doing unless of course it's a Maureen masterclass. What was Nevilles take on Uniteds trip to Anfield earlier this season?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

'However, Jürgen Klopp’s rendition of The Beatles classic Twist And Shout having been refused a penalty appeal best summed up the manager's hysterical behaviour on the Liverpool touchline. What was that?'

I bet he didn't point out that Klopp was right to be going mental over another glaring ref error either.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Remarkably, I rather enjoyed Dion Dublin's partnership with Alan Green on 5 live on Satdee....actually made a BBC commentary listenable for a change
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Remarkably, I rather enjoyed Dion Dublin's partnership with Alan Green on 5 live on Satdee....actually made a BBC commentary listenable for a change

Did they introduce Dion with....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luJSYQoR4JY

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
Jenas today made Phil Neville sound like Jonathan Wilson. Totally missed tactical changes Allegri made and or any mention of how Juve game managed it to perfection. Kept just rambling constant shite about take it out wide, need to get ball in the box nonsence. Irony being how he was on BT slagging newcastle for hindering his intl career, yet today’s dimwittery explained why he never made it and was a terrible footballer. He somehow has managed to become a worse pundit than the footballer he was. Some feat that.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The waste of an orgasm that is Danny Mills.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The waste of an orgasm that is Danny Mills.

Whatever floats your boat mate. :o
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Danny Mills.

How can someone who only ever spouts the fucking obvious speak with such arrogance and authority as if it’s the most enlightened thought to have ever crossed his mind?

And why the fuck do the BBC hire such dunces? Honestly, the level of football discourse in this country is a joke.

Offline liverpoolsox

• Kopite
  • Camarero
Having moved down under, I'm taking what I can get with football coverage which generally means seeing a lot of the ESPN FC stuff that's always on youtube. Quite frankly it's just really weird.

Steve Nicol is a very strange gentleman these days with him getting into really odd arguments with the host resulting in 10 second spells of silence (Hell of a player though), Craig Burley is just the biggest prick on the planet, Shaka Hislop is still clearly bitter over the 2006 FA Cup final, they have this Alejandro Moreno bloke who had some sort of career in the MLS which say's all it has too really.

It is, by a country mile, the worst sports coverage I have ever seen with the pundits sat there looking pleased with themselves after saying for the 18th time in half an hour that Liverpool's weakness is in Defence.

I award them no points and may god have mercy on their soul's.
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Alejandro Moreno bloke who had some sort of career in the MLS which say's all it has too really.

He's the best of them I think.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
Jenas today made Phil Neville sound like Jonathan Wilson.

And the fact, that everytime he referenced Ali he called him 'Delli' wasn't in the least bit annoying, oh no.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
And the fact, that everytime he referenced Ali he called him 'Delli' wasn't in the least bit annoying, oh no.

He was on first name terms with Pochettino by the second half last night too. "Look at Mauricio on the touchline..." Fuck off.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Danny Mills.

How can someone who only ever spouts the fucking obvious speak with such arrogance and authority as if it’s the most enlightened thought to have ever crossed his mind?

that's the most infuriating thing about the baldy minge....he does indeed speak with a tone of arrogance and authority - but when you listen to what he says its absolute ridiculous fuckin drivel.....his defence of Allardyce's record at Everton on 5 Live on Monday was a case in point....just batting away anything anyone said with a shouty 'but look where they are in the league - he was brought in to do a job and he's succeeded blah blah fuckin blah'...completely ignoring the fact that the actual discussion was about the dismal way they're playing and the complete lack of any game plan....nah ignore all that, just keep parroting 'but they're safe, job done, hes been successful' ......really is the c*nts c*nt

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Spot on with Mills abuse here. Speaks with total conviction, always dismissed alternative opinions, yet is almost always wrong.

Offline zymespee

• pee? peed all over the caps lock key more like.....
  • Main Stander
  • once a red ,always a red
i have still not voted on this one yet because 99.5% of those pundits in the list suck big time. who even had this idea that because someone is an ex-football they can be football teachers i.e. pundits?. i would rather  listen to a chihuahua bark than listening to some of these clowns who call themselves pundits

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Having moved down under, I'm taking what I can get with football coverage which generally means seeing a lot of the ESPN FC stuff that's always on youtube. Quite frankly it's just really weird.

Steve Nicol is a very strange gentleman these days with him getting into really odd arguments with the host resulting in 10 second spells of silence (Hell of a player though), Craig Burley is just the biggest prick on the planet, Shaka Hislop is still clearly bitter over the 2006 FA Cup final, they have this Alejandro Moreno bloke who had some sort of career in the MLS which say's all it has too really.

It is, by a country mile, the worst sports coverage I have ever seen with the pundits sat there looking pleased with themselves after saying for the 18th time in half an hour that Liverpool's weakness is in Defence.

Agree about the ESPN lot, they're fucking appalling. We all love Nicol for obvious reasons and I've seen him speak really well at times so I know he's not thick, but on there he just comes across as...well, not the sharpest knife in the draw. And yeah, the interplay between them all verges on the surreal, especially those awkward silences. Some of the strangest punditry I've ever seen, with not a lick of insight to be found.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written

Remember at Portman Road once and Craig Burley came over to take a throw in or corner then proceeded to stick his fingers up and doing the wankers hand motion, all behind his back well away from any match official or camera.

I think he is someone else who cannot get attention/acknowledged for doing anything good, or saying anything insightful and therefore goes in the other direction and gets attention by saying things he knows will get a reaction. Like Stan Collymore, or Talksport.

The problem is there are jobs for people who generate attention, media clicks, tweets, etc regardless of what they are saying or doing to generate them.

EDIT: Had a look, he was playing for Derby County at the time. Twat.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2018, 08:52:28 pm by BabuYagu »
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
that's the most infuriating thing about the baldy minge....he does indeed speak with a tone of arrogance and authority - but when you listen to what he says its absolute ridiculous fuckin drivel.....his defence of Allardyce's record at Everton on 5 Live on Monday was a case in point....just batting away anything anyone said with a shouty 'but look where they are in the league - he was brought in to do a job and he's succeeded blah blah fuckin blah'...completely ignoring the fact that the actual discussion was about the dismal way they're playing and the complete lack of any game plan....nah ignore all that, just keep parroting 'but they're safe, job done, hes been successful' ......really is the c*nts c*nt

Spot on. In fact, I'm being very kind to the idiotic plank when I say he only speaks the obvious. He doesn't, as you mention he spouts complete and utter banal rubbish.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
no joey barton?  criminal.
dios esta buena

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
To be fair the dull bit might be how he comes over with Football, but Jermain Jenas did a very good documentary about Knife Crime in Nottingham and he does a lot of work in Education in the area motivating kids to do well, through this work i have met him a couple of times and he just a nice bloke with no arrogant edge to him.

Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Savage and Mohammed on 606 defending Mourinho the smug Manc pricks.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Savage and Mohammed on 606 defending Mourinho the smug Manc pricks.

I rarely listen to 606 but the difference between when Savage and Mohammed are on compared to Cates and Wright is massive.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Why is Jermaine Jenas everywhere?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I used to watch it just for the sake of having something to watch during the week but I can't bring myself to watch it anymore. It's worse than watching two bitter drunks belligerently having a go at each other in the bar for the simple reason these guys are paid for their analysis and meant to be professionals. Nicol can be quite blunt with his opinion but I've seen him back track and he generally calls things as he see's them. Burley is just like a big child. They argue, rather than debate most of the time.

the only decent thing about it was their selection of the best goals over the weekend. Some absolute gems in there.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Andy Goldstein.

Bitter, clueless gobshite.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Andy Goldstein.

God, that bloke's an irritant. Everything from his whiny voice to his childish "banter". Knows absolutely nothing about football either. I don't know how someone like him, with no talent or expertise, gets employment as a sports pundit.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
Andy Goldstein.

The man is unbearable. I absolutely cannot stand him. Likes to think he is the voice of the man on the street but he is actually just a tragic WUM. He is such a c@nt that he has achieved the impossible of making Jason Cundy appear almost erudite in comparison. 
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
The man is unbearable. I absolutely cannot stand him. Likes to think he is the voice of the man on the street but he is actually just a tragic WUM. He is such a c@nt that he has achieved the impossible of making Jason Cundy appear almost erudite in comparison. 

My mate had them on in the car last night. Like you say, it comes to something when Cundy was sticking up for Liverpool and Salah. Goldstein typically putting the boot in about us being a stepping stone and Salah not being worth some of the prices quoted. I generally only tune in now when United get beat to hear him throwing his toys out the pram like a petulant child.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
My mate had them on in the car last night. Like you say, it comes to something when Cundy was sticking up for Liverpool and Salah. Goldstein typically putting the boot in about us being a stepping stone and Salah not being worth some of the prices quoted. I generally only tune in now when United get beat to hear him throwing his toys out the pram like a petulant child.

Yeah same. I've only listened for 10 mins in the last month and that was the first ten minutes of the show the night of the Sevilla game just to listen to him have to play his own laughter track for Man U.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Goldstein isn't too bad when he sticks to cue sports.