Author Topic: Man United v Liverpool pre-match chat, Sat 14 Mar, 2009 (ref. Alan Wiley)  (Read 55350 times)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We simply have nothing to lose, I'd rather lose than draw this so we may aswell go all out. Hopefully it'll make for an entertaining game.

Very true.

Also, I never enjoy these games unless we are 2-0 up very quickly. These games are endured more than enjoyed.

I would put out the same team as Tuesday, but think Rafa will bring in Riera for Babel.

Had a good feeling about this one even before the Real game.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
I hope we dont do a "Boro" again...otherwise all the good work of Tuesday will be undone.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline MrButler

• Anny Roader
I hope we dont do a "Boro" again...otherwise all the good work of Tuesday will be undone.

Not really ..still be in the last 8 of the Champs League regardless.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.

Anyone have any stats as far as our league performances this year and last year immediately after a european cup tie?
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
hate this game. however we have fuck all to lose. i really hope the players dont give away stupid bookings and freekicks which are a killer agaist these horrible twats.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.

Time to FIX bayonets...go out there and come away with 3 points and ronaldo's buck teeth in hand for the 50 miler back to liverpool....the mancs are shit scared of us now!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYY!!!!
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Gareth Keenan

• Kopite
The leagues gone as far as I am concerned however it's really important we win this game or they will then be able to rest players before all the Champions League games and focus there attentions there, which will be a huge benefit.

It was clearly noticeable how much of a difference it made to our performance on Wednesday after having a week off.

Offline Rod118

• Main Stander
  • Join the Union - http://www.spiritofshankly.com/jo
    • Northern Ireland Branch - Spirit of Shankly
Those present at Anfield on Tuesday did a great job and made those of us watching it on TV proud to be Liverpool supporters.  Hopefully those few thousand making the trip on Saturday can raise the roof again and lift our team to victory.... sickening the prawn sandwich brigade and ole Whiskey nose in the process.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bring on your Manchester United,
Bring on your cockneys by the score,
And we'll take them two by two,
And kick the fuck out of you
Cos Liverpool are the team that we adore...

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
The leagues gone as far as I am concerned however it's really important we win this game or they will then be able to rest players before all the Champions League games and focus there attentions there, which will be a huge benefit.

It was clearly noticeable how much of a difference it made to our performance on Wednesday after having a week off.
i agree yes the league has well gone but if we win it will give man utd something to play for instead of the league getting given to them on a plate .

Offline ash2001

• Klop up front, Chan in goal & Milner in defence.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I think you should have a go at ManU. Their strength depend on their attack. They will play the game in the opposition half most of the time. Xabi and midfield need to close their players highup the pitch and force them to make a mistake. We need to trust our defender and let them deal with ManU forwards. If we a defensive game, we will be puniched. their weakness will be O'shea

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
They will definitley go at us. Will be one hell of a game if we manage to take it and have a real go at them.
Meh...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
The mancs are a purely counter-attacking team so "going for broke" would be stupid.  I think we do what we always do to them, boss the game and hopefully score more the they do.  It worked last time and coming off our last result I think we'll make our own luck.

How many times have you seen us boss a game at Old Trafford in recent years? We're not playing at home you know. Tryin to contain them would be the worst thing to do, we've tried that tactic the last two seasons at their pit and ended up coming away with our tails between our legs. No, we need to have a real go at them, not gung-ho like but we need to harry and harass them all over the pitch. We can't give these feckers anytime on the ball at all.

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
Come on haven't you heard Real Madrid are shite and all that..........

Bollocks

Go Head Redmen we can do this I said all season we'll beat them at theirs I was hoping that we'd been neck and neck with them going into it, but nevermind if we do them (we will) they might just start shitting and if we can keep going then hopefully we can get past them in the league.

Keep the faith

We are Liverpool

YNWA

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
I think we'll be cautious on sat. Rafa will naturally not want to give the mancs anything on the break which is how they'll set up.

I think we should just go for it and see if they can cope similar to Madrid.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Watch the wanker Vidic like a hawk on corners FFS, yesterday wasnt the first time hes put a corner away.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone have any stats as far as our league performances this year and last year immediately after a european cup tie?

Prior to the last 16 games. Arse had the best, followed by us, chelsea and then utd. Read it in the Irish Indo a few weeks back.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How many times have you seen us boss a game at Old Trafford in recent years? We're not playing at home you know. Tryin to contain them would be the worst thing to do, we've tried that tactic the last two seasons at their pit and ended up coming away with our tails between our legs. No, we need to have a real go at them, not gung-ho like but we need to harry and harass them all over the pitch. We can't give these feckers anytime on the ball at all.

Last time was 2005-2006 season where we were the better team and Djib should have probably won it for us.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This match defines our season. Fucking hell I'm nervous about it everytime I think about it. Hope to god we do them because it means there's still a decent chance of us winning this league... on the back of Tuesday we should be flying. Let's take these c*nts down.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
Its imperative we have a ref with balls for this game because we got no protection last year and the inevitable frustration started to show (Masch, Torres). Torres getting hacked is a given but its whether or not rio, vidic, scholes etc get reprimanded for this that will be a factor in setting the tone for the rest of the game.

I won't hold my breath...

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
I can see us peppering them 1st half, only to concede from a corner around the 35-40min mark, probably O'Shea, before it's the Steve & Nando Show in the 2nd  half, going 1-1 then backs to the wall until the 85th, where we catch them on the break (Torres) for 1-2. Then bombarded until FT by them, coming away after 95mins with a deserved victory, based on possession and craft in the 1st and defensive display in the 2nd.

But who cares? If Masch does a Maradona hand of god and they moan until then next century, I won't care, 3pts, bragging rights and the sight of glum-fuck Ferguson at FT savaging the Ref and Linesman will be more than enough.

Can't stop thinking about the game. Be a mess by 12.45 Sat.
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline Fulla

• Legacy Fan
95 minutes? If we're 2-1 up it will be more than that...

"You don't play chess with Kasparov" - Juande Ramos, 25 Feb 2009

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
Last time was 2005-2006 season where we were the better team and Djib should have probably won it for us.

Was that when if he hadn't been sat on the floor bitching for a pen he would've been able to put away the ball that rolled across the 6 yard line in front of him?  Pissed me off just a bit that.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

We actually took that game to em aswell and where very unlucky that day. I hope we adopt a similar approach on saturday.

Winning the midfield battle and having a strong ref is going to be the key to us getting a result, but please Liverpool none of this tryin it contain them shite. It doesn't work.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
Was that when if he hadn't been sat on the floor bitching for a pen he would've been able to put away the ball that rolled across the 6 yard line in front of him?  Pissed me off just a bit that.

Wasn't he tying his boot laces?

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
Bring on your Manchester United,
Bring on your cockneys by the score,
And we'll take them two by two,
And kick the fuck out of you
Cos Liverpool are the team that we adore...

Condoning violence against our Manchester Cousins. Tut Tut.

We'll twat em. 1-3.

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
95 minutes? If we're 2-1 up it will be more than that...

It slipped my mind.

Referee's Handbook 2008 - 2009 - Ferguson Edition, Revision 2.5 (09/01/2009)

Section 3
Old Trafford

Subsection 3.2
Liverpool visit Old Trafford

"In the event of a possible away victory to Liverpool at Old Trafford, against my Team, you are bound (by the pre bank transfer of the privately agreed monies), to award a penalty to us (Manchester United) as and when you see fit, should any of my team, be in the 18 yards box and eligible for such an award. As an example, if Christiano should be approaching the centre back, with the use of multiple stepovers, you are within your rights to award a penalty before he reaches the ground.

If you are unable to award a penalty during the alloted 90mins of normal play, you can invoke Section 3.1, and continue play beyond 90mins until a penalty can be awarded to us, or until we score enough to win the game. As always, failure to comply to these clauses, having already received agreed payments of monies, will result in a fixed ban (Section 3.6) from any games which my team are competing in.

If all clauses are met, then the post match reward of stroking my cock and sniffing my gin soaked armpits will be descressionarely awarded under the terms laid out in Section 3.9"
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
That was annoying...SAF was making defensive changes in order to keep his 0-0 in that game.

Fucking 58% possession away to United..Unheard of for us.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
That was annoying...SAF was making defensive changes in order to keep his 0-0 in that game.

I remember that one, I watched it surrounded by Mancs, fuckin sickening, was the difference between 2nd and third that game
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Stevie07

• Anny Roader
I hate them and I'm desperate for a win on Saturday but I can't say I'm confident. I just want the players to have the belief that they can win and not be intimidated, I get the feeling that hasn't been the case in recent years. We need to make sure that we give them something to worry about rather than become entrenched in our own half, but I guess that's easier said than done.

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader

That was with momo in the middle as well!

Offline simplyred84

• Anny Roader
They're gonna press us really high up from the get go but we have to make sure that we do exactly the same to them. Against Inter, there were so many situations where Scholes and Carrick had 5-6 seconds on the ball and if we do the same we are asking for trouble. Vieira of old would not have allowed that as he did last night and i don't expect Masch to either...get at them from the off!

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
i don't expect Masch to either

Needs to keep his head. He will be really charged up for this one. Would fucking love him to score.

Love him!

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Id love to see Masch plough into every challenge and get away with it a la Chelsea 07 but thats wishful thinking.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
It slipped my mind.

Referee's Handbook 2008 - 2009 - Ferguson Edition, Revision 2.5 (09/01/2009)

Section 3
Old Trafford

Subsection 3.2
Liverpool visit Old Trafford

"In the event of a possible away victory to Liverpool at Old Trafford, against my Team, you are bound (by the pre bank transfer of the privately agreed monies), to award a penalty to us (Manchester United) as and when you see fit, should any of my team, be in the 18 yards box and eligible for such an award. As an example, if Christiano should be approaching the centre back, with the use of multiple stepovers, you are within your rights to award a penalty before he reaches the ground.

If you are unable to award a penalty during the alloted 90mins of normal play, you can invoke Section 3.1, and continue play beyond 90mins until a penalty can be awarded to us, or until we score enough to win the game. As always, failure to comply to these clauses, having already received agreed payments of monies, will result in a fixed ban (Section 3.6) from any games which my team are competing in.

If all clauses are met, then the post match reward of stroking my cock and sniffing my gin soaked armpits will be descressionarely awarded under the terms laid out in Section 3.9"

What does it say - when part of me actually believes this?! :o
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
No Steve Bennett please. Fergies bum boy. We can win them, they looked pretty wobbly last night, and only won because of their woodwork.

Just hope Nandos ankle is ok, if so, then we have a BIG chance. Draw or lose, we can forget about the league.
Sup bitches?

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Quite simply if we want to retain an outside chance at the title we have to win. Our record against the other top sides this season has been excellent:

P 4 W 3 D 1 L 0

We're going into the game high on confidence and I agree with others that we should go for it. I don't think their defence is as good as some people are making out and we have nothing to lose.

Fucking come on Redmen!
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Stevie07

• Anny Roader
Needs to keep his head. He will be really charged up for this one. Would fucking love him to score.

Love him!

He was going mental on Tuesday, I thought he might get sent off at one point when he kept talking to the ref. There was also a moment when he tackled Pepe who rolled about on the foor for a bit, as soon as the refs back was turned Macherano ran up to him and had a word or two. It's great when he does stuff like that but I do worry when he talks to the ref.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who's the ref for this one? That will also probably decide how this is going to go............
Alan Wiley isn't it?
Suppose we should be grateful it's not Steve Ben(ne)t or Manc Riley.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company