Author Topic: Man United v Liverpool pre-match chat, Sat 14 Mar, 2009 (ref. Alan Wiley)  (Read 55363 times)

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
Come on reds lets twat these cocky arrogant horrible charlies ;)
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
Losing in extra time tomorrow night for the Mancs would be nice.  Lets hope we can play as good on Saturday as we'll need to.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
it does bring up the question of what result we'd prefer for the mancs tomorrow. obviously the majority would like an inter win, but how?

would you prefer a late extra time goal with an energy sapping performance, or a comprehensive beating ala what real got tonight to break their spirits.

as i've said in another thread, i'd prefer the latter. inter 2-0 at half time so man u think they've got something to chase, they run around like buggery to get back into the game and then get hit by two more in the 2nd half for a soul sapping defeat, putting them down before our game with them, with us on a high. lets wreck their season in a week.

sorry if it doesn't quite fit in here but i didn't want to waste starting a new thread. if someone wants to paste this into a new thread they're welcome.

Nahhh, I'd like it 0-0 for the game. Then Man Utd to score one in the 2nd period of ET, only for Inter to get the winning away goal in ET stoppage time ;D

I'd REALLY like Man Utd to go 2-0 up in ET and Inter to equalise at the death, but that's entering wacko land!

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we take the game to them and play like we did tonight then we'll do them.

1-0 or 2-1 would be nice.

And obvioulsy an Inter win would go down pretty well too.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
I'll take a lucky/dodgy 1nil win. about time we had some luck against them!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
I'll take a lucky/dodgy 1nil win. about time we had some luck against them!
Danny Murphy, oh the memories..

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
hmmm, I'd love a Lucas injury time belter or an Alonso half way line winner....or a Ronaldo/Rooney own goal.
Ok I'm just dreaming, I'd love any form of a Liverpool victory...actually i think my favourite would be a Javier Mascherano screamer...and him to go wild as he did tonight.

Tomorrow, omg anything to knock the mancs out...a thrashing would be nice of course...but maybe a dodgy penalty in the closing minutes or snatching a 1 all late on.

Offline Chat Rifles

• I'm sorry Wayne, finish your cider.
  • Anny Roader
  • Anything Is Possible
If we take the game to them and play like we did tonight then we'll do them.

Disagree. Playing at the mancs isn't the same as a home European tie. We need more of a repeat of Chelsea away, Madrid away etc Gerrard and Torres can be the decoy for others to attack. To think they'll just turn up and waltz past Vidic and Ferdinand is silly but we can win this.

Offline tmred

• Kemlynite
Disagree. Playing at the mancs isn't the same as a home European tie. We need more of a repeat of Chelsea away, Madrid away etc Gerrard and Torres can be the decoy for others to attack. To think they'll just turn up and waltz past Vidic and Ferdinand is silly but we can win this.

agreed. I think it'll be a cagey affair, I just hope there is no euro hangover as per...

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
A lot does depend on the Inter result.  Lose to Inter and they'll be doubly fired up to make amends on Saturday.  It's highly unlikely that they'll lose at home 2 games on the bounce (although not impossible) so I would suggest a 0-0 tomorrow (AET) and lose on pens and then a narrow defeat to us on Satdee!  Perfect.

But I keep having this nagging feeling that we will meet them in the CL quarters and beat them there, in place of this saturday.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Tonight really helped us. Not just in terms of confidence but the the fact we could pull Xabi, Stevie and Nando off with time left.

We have that extra day rest over the mancs. And they have to score if they have any chance of going through.

They could be taken into extra time and penalties. 120 mins of running around when our game was over after 16 mins and put to bed after 46.

If the players cant get motivated for Saturday then they dont deserve to wear the shirt

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
lets twat these twatting.....
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
I feel optimistic about the game but pessimistic about our league chances, even then sweeping them it would be nice. 

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
United have a much better back four than Real, especially Evra compared to Heinze (glad we didn't get him in the end)

We have a day longer to recover, and it will really shake things up when we beat them !

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Fair enough, but too often teams go there with no imagination and hoping for a 0-0 draw. All I'm saying is that we can beat them playing football. But I'd equally settle for a cagey 1-0 win too.

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
United have a much better back four than Real, especially Evra compared to Heinze (glad we didn't get him in the end)

We have a day longer to recover, and it will really shake things up when we beat them !

We'll see if Ferdinand is fit but I'm fairly certain that as of tomorrow we'll still be on a high and they won't.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
Worry about this one later in the week - let's just enjoy tonight's performance for a bit longer yet (it's ok, Rafa's already planning it).

Thinking the same - let's see what happens tonight, enjoy the fallout if there is any, then we can start looking at if we can do a Madrid Mk II. Based on previous post-Europe highs I'm not full of confidence especially in the light of two weeks ago but wouldn't this be the best time ever to carry the form to the league? It's time Rafa's Reds started shutting up some critics.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:50:55 am by watyeonaboot »

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan

FUCK OFF.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
We should play with exactly the same team as last night on Saturday.

How good was Spearing by the way? I'd rather have him on the bench than Lucas, midfield dynamo in the Gerrard mould.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
Same team. Same result :P
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Swieve

• Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96! DON'T BUY THE SUN
Last night showed us what we have been missing this season, a fit(ish) Torres and Gerrard.  I'll never tire of making this point to people this season.  Rafa made the point and the media, as per usual, scoffed at the excuse.  If we had these two playing regularly together we would be clear at the top imo.  If we can keep them fit til the end of the season, we just might win our remaining 10 league games. I am starting to believe again ;)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️

;)

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Skrtel Aurelio

Masch Alonso

Kuyt Gerrard Babel

Torres

Keep the same 11 if all fit ;)

Gerrard
Alonso
Aurelio

by top 3 this season.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:04:21 am by rocco »

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
Last night showed us what we have been missing this season, a fit(ish) Torres and Gerrard.  I'll never tire of making this point to people this season.  Rafa made the point and the media, as per usual, scoffed at the excuse.  If we had these two playing regularly together we would be clear at the top imo.  If we can keep them fit til the end of the season, we just might win our remaining 10 league games. I am starting to believe again ;)

Spot on mate, we're going to dominate every game from now till the end of the season. Man U will stop getting lucky and there fixture pile up will get the better of them. I hope we can all stay united and not start moaning a squabbling amongst ourselves and all believe as one.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
Same team. Same result :P
same team maybe but i dont think so  but same result well   :rollseyes

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
We should play with exactly the same team as last night on Saturday.

How good was Spearing by the way? I'd rather have him on the bench than Lucas, midfield dynamo in the Gerrard mould.

Don't be a tit.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline SHOKSTAR

• Main Stander
  • we won it 5 times
cant you wait till we at least recover from our hangovers before talking about this match?

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
I would love to think we can roll united over like we did to real madrid  , but we have rarely rolled united over in history and saturday will be no different a completely different game for both clubs than these midweek games , yes we could win if the right team is picked  and we get a bit of good fortune in the game  .

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
I would love to think we can roll united over like we did to real madrid  , but we have rarely rolled united over in history and saturday will be no different a completely different game for both clubs than these midweek games , yes we could win if the right team is picked  and we get a bit of good fortune in the game  .

my little ray of sunshine
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
I think a few people are getting a little carried away. I'm not going to jump on the ITV/Townsend bandwagon and start slating Madrid because the performance last night was immense, but Utd away is a different kettle of fish.

People look at last night and think we can go there and play them off the park. Its just not the case. Look at Babel last night, even he looked good. Despite all the bravado and media jizzing about the attack, utd's most potent asset this season is their defence and it has saved them many times this season.

Kuyt, Babel and Torres will not be afforded the same freedom and more than likely Torres will be kicked all over again by Ferdinand and Vidic without getting any decisions.

Ramos and Pepe were very poor last night and Utd will be completely different.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
Proper nervous about this one!
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If people can't be positive about this game after last nights performance .. you never will

We were able to take players off early last night , Gerrard's back to full fitness , Torres looks great Arby back as well etc

Plus a bit of luck utd will play 120 Min's tonight and then go out on Pen's ;)

Anybody saying utd are different team vidic this gay-boy's that etc ..  they were saying the same v the most in form team in Europe before we played Madrid.

Having our best players fit and full of confidence will be unstoppable ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:55:18 am by rocco »

Offline M.A.G.M

• Legacy Fan
Same team with maybe Insúa & Riera coming in, the mancs will have it tough tonight with hopefully a few key injuries for them, we might just have a chance.
"I am awake at 4am designing a team. The selection? It's Javier Mascherano and 10 more." Maradona

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
The mancs have this awe of arrogance about them, the media love them for it. Fuckin shithouse teams like Fulham add to this illusion of granduer by rolling over, arse in the air at O/T.

It's about time some team had the brains, the skill and the balls to take on these scruffy, bunch of ugly fuckers.

That team wil be us, watch the mancs throw a fuckin big collective hissy, from the pissed up one to the granny shagger their will be dummies spat out all the place, as we the kings of Europe teach these paupers a lesson they'll never forget.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Somebody tell Torres that we have to play Real Madrid again on Saturday afternoon.

Turn up with your kit son.  It's being played in Manchester.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.

Cancel out Ronaldo from this United side and you have a very ordinary team...I honestly believe we can win this comfortably provided we don't have players getting sent off...if there is a time in history where the ball is firmly in our court, its now...win this, and their confidence will be shot....and we still have 9 or 10 games to go!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Cancel out Ronaldo from this United side and you have a very ordinary team...I honestly believe we can win this comfortably provided we don't have players getting sent off...if there is a time in history where the ball is firmly in our court, its now...win this, and their confidence will be shot....and we still have 9 or 10 games to go!

I dont know about that. I have seen the likes of Fletchers and O'Shea give good performances against us (will never forget Fletcher shoulder barging Riise out the way a few years back). Plus Ronaldo hasnt been that great all season but they are still managing to nick a goal.

Safe to say this will be a tough match. If Babel keeps his place and we have no other injuries, will the team on saturday be the exact same as the team we put out at Old Trafford last year?

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
big game this

Same side if all is fit

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Hope I don't get arrested  :(

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I dont know about that. I have seen the likes of Fletchers and O'Shea give good performances against us (will never forget Fletcher shoulder barging Riise out the way a few years back). Plus Ronaldo hasnt been that great all season but they are still managing to nick a goal.

Safe to say this will be a tough match. If Babel keeps his place and we have no other injuries, will the team on saturday be the exact same as the team we put out at Old Trafford last year?

Utd have hit form since Ronaldo returned to the side ....

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo

That is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on here, and I mean ever.