Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2608072 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43440 on: April 7, 2024, 06:37:08 pm »
My theory is that people are getting generally less polite (bullying on social media, drivers not thanking you for letting them go etc) and to mask it a lot of people “practice gratitude” by offering shallow false overpoliteness

There's so many dopey twats by me who sit at Junctions like they are asleep I no longer let people out as can't be arsed with them.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43441 on: April 7, 2024, 06:51:10 pm »
There's so many dopey twats by me who sit at Junctions like they are asleep I no longer let people out as can't be arsed with them.

I’ve had two near misses in two days on the same mini roundabout, in neither case did the other driver even hold up a hand of apology after making me slam on

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43442 on: April 7, 2024, 06:54:00 pm »
I’ve had two near misses in two days on the same mini roundabout, in neither case did the other driver even hold up a hand of apology after making me slam on

I doubt either thought they were in the wrong :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43443 on: April 7, 2024, 07:33:01 pm »
It's really driving me mad recently how every game we play a commentator has to say something about Joe Gomez never having scored a goal. Like give it a rest! He's not the only player to play for a club to never score a goal! On the stream I watched today yer man said that Gomez had "famously never scored". FFS!
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43444 on: April 7, 2024, 07:39:15 pm »
It's really driving me mad recently how every game we play a commentator has to say something about Joe Gomez never having scored a goal. Like give it a rest! He's not the only player to play for a club to never score a goal! On the stream I watched today yer man said that Gomez had "famously never scored". FFS!

Flavour of the month. If we are twatting someone and get a pen, we need to give it to Joe. Its pretty bad though when even our keeper has scored a winner ;D In fact all 3 senior keepers have either scored in open play or in a penalty shootout ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SvenJohansen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43445 on: April 7, 2024, 07:44:32 pm »
Flavour of the month. If we are twatting someone and get a pen, we need to give it to Joe. Its pretty bad though when even our keeper has scored a winner ;D In fact all 3 senior keepers have either scored in open play or in a penalty shootout ;D

If he scores an own goal does that count?

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #43446 on: April 7, 2024, 07:58:02 pm »
Buying clothes in Matalan for my 7 year old girl and seeing t-shirts designed to be short with tiny shorts.makes me think capitalism is a right nonce. Weird.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43447 on: April 7, 2024, 08:01:14 pm »
If he scores an own goal does that count?

Carra must be our leading scorer by a mile then ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43448 on: April 7, 2024, 08:02:25 pm »
Buying clothes in Matalan for my 7 year old girl and seeing t-shirts designed to be short with tiny shorts.makes me think capitalism is a right nonce. Weird.

I'm so glad we had boys.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43449 on: April 7, 2024, 08:29:46 pm »
United away, should have battered them both times last few weeks & ended up getting a point, today we had 28 shots [they only had 9 shots] we ended 2-2, our players couldn't score in a brothel. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43450 on: April 8, 2024, 09:10:16 am »
Being woken by Santnder app asking me to authorise payments to a water company in California so have spent the last 20 minutes cancelling my card.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43451 on: April 8, 2024, 09:42:08 am »
Finding an adult vine weevil amongst all my plants in the conservatory 😡
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 12:24:04 pm by reddebs »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #43452 on: April 8, 2024, 03:13:24 pm »
"Subway Rewards is changing!"

"Clubcard is changing!"

"Hotels.com Rewards is changing!"

Every loyalty programme is changing from being actually rewarding to giving you a tiny amount of points that never grow to anything useful.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #43453 on: April 8, 2024, 03:20:49 pm »
I'm so glad we had boys.

Is that so you could buy them short tee shirts and tiny shorts?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43454 on: April 8, 2024, 03:56:47 pm »
Is that so you could buy them short tee shirts and tiny shorts?

;D

I'd be like Alice Cooper, any boy turning up at my house to see my daughter would be greeted with a shotgun ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43455 on: April 8, 2024, 04:25:56 pm »
Seems to be harder and harder to mow the lawn because of the rain lately. I keep building myself up to it, then it rains.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43456 on: April 8, 2024, 04:32:11 pm »
;D

I'd be like Alice Cooper, any boy turning up at my house to see my daughter would be greeted with a shotgun ;D

open the door with hedge clippers in your hands, stare at them while nodding a "I know what you're after, yer bastard" while working the shears.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43457 on: April 8, 2024, 04:33:07 pm »
Seems to be harder and harder to mow the lawn because of the rain lately. I keep building myself up to it, then it rains.

Get artificial grass, all we've got to do with our back lawn is give it a wash as its a bit dirty from all the soil that's been washed out of the raised borders and down the garden. The front needs a mow, but that's only small.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43458 on: April 8, 2024, 05:12:21 pm »

Fuck it off mate till it eventually dries, no point stressing over something you've no control over.

We're seriously considering asking the farmer if we can borrow a couple of sheep for a few days 😂

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43459 on: April 8, 2024, 05:17:25 pm »
Fuck it off mate till it eventually dries, no point stressing over something you've no control over.

We're seriously considering asking the farmer if we can borrow a couple of sheep for a few days 😂

Mow and fertilise at the same time, I like your thinking
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43460 on: April 8, 2024, 05:20:05 pm »
Mow and fertilise at the same time, I like your thinking

It'd be like a 5* luxury holiday for the sheep though as there's fuck all grass left in the fields due to the crap weather.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43461 on: April 8, 2024, 07:57:50 pm »
I 'invested' in a robot mower last year.  It's done a great job when it's dry enough.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43462 on: April 10, 2024, 01:29:44 pm »
My dads nursing home in Cork sending his clothes on a 300 mile round trip to Dublin to get washed.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43463 on: April 10, 2024, 01:56:42 pm »
My dads nursing home in Cork sending his clothes on a 300 mile round trip to Dublin to get washed.

That's nuts
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SvenJohansen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43464 on: April 10, 2024, 04:28:58 pm »
I had a hospital appointment for ENT this morning, I've been waiting since last November for it. When I got to the Outpatients check in I was told that the clinic was already full even though I was 20 minutes early. They gave me another appointment for June. So now I've to wait another two and a half months for an appointment and then god knows how much longer to get a hearing aid. FFS!!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43465 on: April 10, 2024, 06:47:48 pm »
I had a hospital appointment for ENT this morning, I've been waiting since last November for it. When I got to the Outpatients check in I was told that the clinic was already full even though I was 20 minutes early. They gave me another appointment for June. So now I've to wait another two and a half months for an appointment and then god knows how much longer to get a hearing aid. FFS!!

What? When are you supposed to turn up for your appointment, a day early? How do they know the same thing won't happen again in June?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43466 on: April 10, 2024, 07:08:07 pm »

Pardon?

Offline SvenJohansen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43467 on: April 11, 2024, 09:03:12 am »
What? When are you supposed to turn up for your appointment, a day early? How do they know the same thing won't happen again in June?

That’s what I’m worried about especially as the appointment is for 11am. I’m going to ask for a 9am one as there’s a better chance of getting in before it fills up again. Might go to specsavers to get a hearing aid so I don’t have to wait.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43468 on: April 11, 2024, 10:24:47 am »
If ever a couple of insufferable bastards needed hanging it's these 2.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-68781680

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43469 on: April 11, 2024, 06:02:16 pm »
Got a new laptop for work today. It's a touchscreen job, but the screen doesn't detach. Stupid.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43470 on: April 11, 2024, 06:05:20 pm »
I’ve hopefully got an internal interview coming up. Had one a year or so ago and made loads of interview prep notes…must have saved it down to the desktop because I didn’t want to save to any shared drive and have changed laptops since then. So will have to start from scratch.

On another note - formulaic, competency based interviews.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43471 on: April 11, 2024, 06:31:52 pm »
Huw Stephens on 6 music and not just his accent.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43472 on: April 11, 2024, 11:38:18 pm »
Got a new laptop for work today. It's a touchscreen job, but the screen doesn't detach. Stupid.

It would never occur to me that it might

Just tried mine and it doesn't detach either

Surely all the blood and guts of the computer is under the keyboard anyway

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #43473 on: April 12, 2024, 12:25:48 am »
I’ve hopefully got an internal interview coming up. Had one a year or so ago and made loads of interview prep notes…must have saved it down to the desktop because I didn’t want to save to any shared drive and have changed laptops since then. So will have to start from scratch.

On another note - formulaic, competency based interviews.

Had one last week. Prepped answers that I thought they'd ask. Such as company info and their morals. Then proceeded to get asked some completely irrelevant ones about "describe a time" nonsense.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43474 on: April 12, 2024, 09:30:32 am »
Nipped in the office to print some stuff off, I can hear a very loud Manc talking to customers on the phone, taking orders and he keeps calling them pal, I hate the way Mancs call you pal anyway, but in a business environment, its so unprofessional.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43475 on: April 12, 2024, 09:46:55 am »
Had one last week. Prepped answers that I thought they'd ask. Such as company info and their morals. Then proceeded to get asked some completely irrelevant ones about "describe a time" nonsense.

Annoying. Mine is internal so at least I know what to expects you just have to spend a while thinking it through so that you know what to say.

Roles a grade up don’t come up that often where I work. And when they do, a lot of people go for them. This one is in the smallish team I’ve worked in for a few years now. I know that in theory I’m best placed for it. I’ve done the work before, worked in this area, know it well etc. But if I give one answer where I don’t give a clear example of what they ask for, score badly on it and then they just go off scores I could miss out on it.

There’s no room for just a general chat or questions about what I could bring to the role etc, just a very formulaic structure.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43476 on: April 12, 2024, 09:59:23 am »
Annoying. Mine is internal so at least I know what to expects you just have to spend a while thinking it through so that you know what to say.

Roles a grade up don’t come up that often where I work. And when they do, a lot of people go for them. This one is in the smallish team I’ve worked in for a few years now. I know that in theory I’m best placed for it. I’ve done the work before, worked in this area, know it well etc. But if I give one answer where I don’t give a clear example of what they ask for, score badly on it and then they just go off scores I could miss out on it.

There’s no room for just a general chat or questions about what I could bring to the role etc, just a very formulaic structure.

Whatever happened to will this person fit with the team and can they do they job? Why you end up with so many gobshites in roles they have to place being
Jurgen YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #43477 on: April 12, 2024, 12:42:34 pm »
Ammonium bicarbonate is an irritant to the skin, eyes and respiratory system. Short-term health effects may occur immediately or shortly after exposure to ammonium bicarbonate. Breathing ammonium bicarbonate can irritate the nose, throat and lungs causing coughing, wheezing and/or shortness of breath. Repeated exposure may cause bronchitis to develop with cough, and/or shortness of breath. Health effects can occur some time after exposure to ammonium bicarbonate and can last for months or years.

Why is this in so many biscuits?

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/mcvities-penguin-milk-chocolate-biscuit-bars-x14

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/mcvities-club-mint-chocolate-biscuit-bars-x7

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43478 on: April 12, 2024, 10:21:46 pm »
being unable to discuss football without getting dragged into a political free-for-all.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43479 on: April 13, 2024, 01:28:15 pm »
why are there so many movies these days based around supernatural stuff?  overdone, boring and lazy copycat film-making imo.