Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2612056 times)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #32280 on: October 8, 2021, 01:11:01 pm »
Where I work is nearly always recruiting ICT staff. What area of ICT do you want to work in?

Well my job is sort of half and hald Sysadmin/Desktop support. Particularly on the Sysadmin side I work with SCCM. The bit that has been taken away from me is OSD - I basically ran our Windows 10 rollout globally for my company.

I'm up in Aberdeen though and don't really have plans to move anywhere...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32281 on: October 8, 2021, 02:14:23 pm »
You live in Aberdeen and despite your displeasure, you’re not prepared to move

They pretty much have you by the bollox.

With your skills, a well paid, home based contractor role should be easy to come by

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32282 on: October 8, 2021, 02:22:35 pm »
You live in Aberdeen and despite your displeasure, you’re not prepared to move

They pretty much have you by the bollox.

With your skills, a well paid, home based contractor role should be easy to come by

Jeez, that's harsh/  ;D

I never even said I wanted to quit yet. I was just annoyed. And Aberdeen isn't exactly London but it's not a backwater there are plenty of employers around here. A few years back in the oil boom there probably wasn't a better place apart from London to get work in my field.

I just bought a flat a couple of years ago and nowit is worth considerably less than I paid for it - hence not really thinking about moving.

Appreciate the advice from everyone though!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32283 on: October 8, 2021, 02:23:40 pm »
Buck Pete with the stone cold stunner.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32284 on: October 8, 2021, 05:07:59 pm »
Madonna, the singer.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32285 on: October 8, 2021, 05:15:07 pm »
Madonna, the singer.

As apposed to the paintings and statues?

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32286 on: October 8, 2021, 05:38:06 pm »
As apposed to the paintings and statues?

Just the singer  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32287 on: October 8, 2021, 06:17:28 pm »
Jeez, that's harsh/  ;D

I never even said I wanted to quit yet. I was just annoyed. And Aberdeen isn't exactly London but it's not a backwater there are plenty of employers around here. A few years back in the oil boom there probably wasn't a better place apart from London to get work in my field.

I just bought a flat a couple of years ago and nowit is worth considerably less than I paid for it - hence not really thinking about moving.

Appreciate the advice from everyone though!

Sorry Elmo lad. Wasn't meant to sound harsh.  I'm in the same sector as you and know how these fuckers work.

Just moved jobs myself due to a similar story

Love Aberdeen by the way.  We can do a job swap :)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32288 on: October 8, 2021, 06:30:37 pm »
Sorry Elmo lad. Wasn't meant to sound harsh.  I'm in the same sector as you and know how these fuckers work.

Just moved jobs myself due to a similar story

Love Aberdeen by the way.  We can do a job swap :)

No worries, on reflection I think I read it wrong anyway.  : :)

This has really pissed me off, but generally I love my place of work. I hear so many stories on here and elsewhere about shitty employers and the stress etc and its all a bit alien to me. Generally it's a really chill place to work and pretty much everyone in our office is sound as fuck. It's just those fuckers over in the head office in the States that screw you over now and again.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32289 on: October 8, 2021, 07:41:21 pm »
It's just those fuckers over in the head office in the States that screw you over now and again.

It's always the fuckers in the States...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #32290 on: October 9, 2021, 02:11:32 pm »
Difficult bus drivers.

Got a mate of mine from Newcastle staying over and his local side is Hebburn, so he notices they're away at Warrington Rylands and we decide to head over. Get to Warrington bus station, from where Google tells us to get the 17 bus to Matthews Street.

"Return to Matthews Street please mate."

"Where's that?"

Well I don't bloody know do I? I also hate using busses in a new place where you don't know if it's flat fares or not, and get a sneering answer if it's flat and you ask for a street.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32291 on: October 9, 2021, 02:48:35 pm »
I also hate using busses in a new place where you don't know if it's flat fares or not...

And not knowing whether it's fat flares or not poses difficult style challenges as well...

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #32292 on: October 10, 2021, 07:40:02 am »
The fact that every time I turn on my television, be it morning, noon or night, the Chase seems to be on

Seriously, is that fucking show ever not on the box?

More importantly, why the fuck is it given so much airtime
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32293 on: October 10, 2021, 09:14:09 am »
There was an accident here last night,a car ended up on it's roof in the road behind our house.

Of course everyone had their phones out and people came from all over town to gawk.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32294 on: October 10, 2021, 10:07:49 am »
Having to fill in a passenger locator form to come home from holiday. Where the fuck do you think I'm going to be, you fucking thundercunts?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32295 on: October 10, 2021, 10:34:14 am »
There was an accident here last night,a car ended up on it's roof in the road behind our house.

Of course everyone had their phones out and people came from all over town to gawk.

I swear if I fell in the Tyne and was drowning not one person would jump in to save me but more than likely there would be dozens of whoppers recording it to hoy on social media.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32296 on: October 10, 2021, 11:13:11 am »
I swear if I fell in the Tyne and was drowning not one person would jump in to save me but more than likely there would be dozens of whoppers recording it to hoy on social media.

Well, there would be one, but only if someone else was recording his heroic act.

It's like the videos of people filming themselves handing out money or items to the homeless.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32297 on: October 10, 2021, 12:45:41 pm »

They'd probably push you back in as well if they didn't get the perfect video
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32298 on: October 10, 2021, 02:08:34 pm »

Ah, come on Slippers. Let's not be a killjoy now.

That sounded like a great opportunity to gather, then post, some great Facebook content there.

Get with the times, for goodness sake.

:P
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32299 on: October 10, 2021, 05:19:51 pm »
Just been in our local pub which has a Sweet Cheesecake Kebab on the pudding menu, it's a cheesecake in a wrap with sweet potato fries  :puke2

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32300 on: October 10, 2021, 05:49:28 pm »
They'd probably push you back in as well if they didn't get the perfect video

'Take two.A bit more floundering please Paul'.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32301 on: October 10, 2021, 06:08:23 pm »
Ah, come on Slippers. Let's not be a killjoy now.

That sounded like a great opportunity to gather, then post, some great Facebook content there.

Get with the times, for goodness sake.

:P

There were no injuries so it wasn't quite the spectacle everyone anticipated;just the arrest of the drunk driver and the removal of what was left of his vehicle to entertain us.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32302 on: October 10, 2021, 09:30:47 pm »
There were no injuries so it wasn't quite the spectacle everyone anticipated;just the arrest of the drunk driver and the removal of what was left of his vehicle to entertain us.

No Gazza and fishing rods then? Any Jimmy Nail singin 'Crocodile Shoes'?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #32303 on: October 10, 2021, 10:33:00 pm »
Sitting here having a JD and coke and this little fucking fruit fly just wouldn't stop pestering me.
Tried swatting it away, tried blowing it away, tried grabbing it out of the air Mr Miyagi style, all to no avail.
So decided that the next time it came near enough I would do a quick intake of breath and swallow the fucker.
Didn't go quite as I planned unfortunately; it's now stuck in my upper lung and I can't cough it out  :(
Little bastard  >:(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32304 on: October 10, 2021, 10:56:55 pm »
Sitting here having a JD and coke and this little fucking fruit fly just wouldn't stop pestering me.
Tried swatting it away, tried blowing it away, tried grabbing it out of the air Mr Miyagi style, all to no avail.
So decided that the next time it came near enough I would do a quick intake of breath and swallow the fucker.
Didn't go quite as I planned unfortunately; it's now stuck in my upper lung and I can't cough it out  :(

Sounds like the opening plot of a horror movie as you transmogrify into a fruit fly beast like Jeff Goldblum in 'The Fly'.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32305 on: October 11, 2021, 10:11:25 am »
Going on your annual family trip to Scarefest at Alton Towers, and realising you've gone on the day when the Traveller community have their big meet-up there.

We've had this misfortune once before, and admittedly this year wasn't quite as bad, but it's still a nightmare. Gangs of lads loitering everywhere with indentikit 'mini Grealish' haircuts in top-designer clothes; gangs of orange girls dressed like whores; older women similarly orange but in even more ostentatious designer wear and big heels (who the fuck wears heels to Alton Towers? We walked over 8 miles yesterday!). They act like they're totally feral - aggressive behaviour, queue-jumping, fighting, thieving, harassing staff. Because, like, rules don't apply to them. All gets worse as night falls, too. I've read reports on Twitter of sexual harrassment, assault of other guests, spitting at people.

Alton Towers know it's 'Traveller Day' because they're told in advance and there's not just extra security (still not enough) but also some police. They also don't sell alcohol that day, even in the restaurants. But Alton Towers never say when it's going to take place to allow the public to make an informed decision whether to endure the nightmare or not.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 01:48:18 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32306 on: October 11, 2021, 12:32:34 pm »
No Gazza and fishing rods then? Any Jimmy Nail singin 'Crocodile Shoes'?

It didn't even make the local rag,very disappointing.

Mind,they've had a murder trial to cover.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32307 on: October 11, 2021, 03:23:18 pm »
Home insurance companies

6 months after hail the size of golf balls screwed our roof / fences / gutters / windows then company have finally agreed that the damage was caused by hail and not people walking on the roof. just wow

I understand as it will cost them $140k to fix everything - but insurance is $4k a year and they tried their best to get out of it. Flew in someone from New York - hahaha telling me that we can change a few tiles. Yeah, no you can't as they don't make them anymore. The leaks aren't caused by hail. My adjuster kept telling me not to say anything. took all of my will power not to call him a C...

However finally been approved, so happy, but insurance companies. It's a racket - deny deny deny, play the game

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32308 on: October 11, 2021, 03:26:38 pm »
Surprised they didn't say it was an act of God so they won't pay out  ::)

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32309 on: October 11, 2021, 03:40:33 pm »
Surprised they didn't say it was an act of God so they won't pay out  ::)

I was expecting it

There’s been about 100 roofs done in the surrounding neighborhood
However in ours. Small sub division they are all tile roofs
Supposed to last forever. We are now the 5th tile roof to be replaced. So the company knew they couldn’t fob us off

The rest are shingle roofs at about $25k to replace and it takes a couple of days

Ours will take 2 weeks minimum and is 6x the cost

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #32310 on: October 11, 2021, 11:45:44 pm »
;D  .. Annoying little feckers arn't they.....
What i do is put some Apple Cider Vinegar in a red wine glass (bout a third in the glass)
cover with clingy and put 3.. 4 holes in the top, finger size (use a pen)
works for me... it attracts them & puts them to sleep  :wave   
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32311 on: October 12, 2021, 03:13:03 am »
What i do is put some Apple Cider Vinegar in a red wine glass (bout a third in the glass)

A little dish detergent on the rim of the glass does the trick, makes it so they can no longer fly. Had great fun flicking them off the rim and into the vinegar death pond...   ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #32312 on: October 12, 2021, 05:51:19 am »
A little dish detergent on the rim of the glass does the trick, makes it so they can no longer fly. Had great fun flicking them off the rim and into the vinegar death pond...   ;D
Both of these methods will be employed on Friday night  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32313 on: October 12, 2021, 06:04:52 am »
Waking up at half 3 and not being able to get back to sleep :no
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #32314 on: October 12, 2021, 06:50:18 am »
Waking up at half 3 and not being able to get back to sleep :no
Same here; just got into work now  :(

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32315 on: October 12, 2021, 07:55:15 am »
Same here; just got into work now  :(

Shit isn't it. I logged into work at half 6 for some stupid reason, I'll just take the piss today.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32316 on: October 12, 2021, 07:57:27 am »
Shit isn't it. I logged into work at half 6 for some stupid reason, I'll just take the piss today.

I did that yesterday. Spent all weekend thinking about needing to do a couple of hours work to get on top of stuff, and then spent all weekend thinking I couldn’t be bothered. Woke up at half 5 on Monday morning thinking about it so got up and blitzed a bit of work. Was absolutely ruined by about 3pm. :D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32317 on: October 12, 2021, 11:13:34 am »
Forgot to put the bin out, the grey (main) one too  :no

Not had to put bins out for over 5 years, so still getting used to it and the email reminder they send comes at about 6am the previous morning!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32318 on: October 12, 2021, 11:20:16 am »
Tinned mushy peas. Sugar has no place in mushy peas. I reckon it's a southern thing.

Peas, salt and bicarb. That's all you need   (or buy the frozen ones and boil them yourself)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #32319 on: October 12, 2021, 03:55:48 pm »
Technology not working.

Word of advice. Never ever buy a HomePod speaker from Apple.