Author Topic: Rick Parry set to leave Liverpool Football Club  (Read 85264 times)

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
Re: Rick Parry set to leave Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:56 am »
Guardian ticker says he's leaving at the end of the season.  A better transfer window for us in the summer to look forward to perhaps.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:12 am »
Fucking hell, Brian Barwick. How is he any better than Parry?

Well at least he's a Liverpool supporter. He was involved in the ITV/Sky Champions League TV rights deals and is known for his shrewd commercial acumen. However he was also the guy that appointed Steve McClaren....
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:29 am »
Seriously, it's something that we've wanted to happen for a very long time.

He may be a Liverpool fan but all the bollocks, the siding with Gilette, the so many fucked up transfers.....

Why are some of you so melancholy? I'm glad we're rid of him and I can only hope his replacement is better.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:39 am »
Big breaking news SSN.... Rick Parry spotted in town selling the big issue, thretening to let his dog off the leash if some one says no thanks lad.
He will be in the next series of Shameless as Franks best drinking mate
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:58 am »
They'll bring a yank in
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:03 am »
Sky Sports reckon he might be gone within 24 hours rather than the end of the season.

BBC saying the same thing.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:10 am »
Glad that Parry's gone but wish he'd taken the two idiots with him. Can't help but worry that Hicks is now the dominant force in the club and going to stay forever. Can't help but wonder who the new man will be and how good a job he'll do. If it's Barwick they may be thinking someone from the FA and familiar to the club may go down better with the fans.

Offline TK

• Main Stander
  • JFT96 YNWA
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:19 am »
Good news. One inept Charlie down, two to go.

Would also signify Rafa has got his way in his contractual negotiations hence Parry’s departure.

Not only is it Friday on the back of a great win - The guy who has held the club back in so many ways and sold us down the river is on his way.

Great news.

Offline Roman Maroney

• Main Stander
  • They seek him ere.....
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:42 am »
In the midst of all this let's recall a few things.

He's a Liverpool fan -- through and through. He's not a bad person, just ineffectual.

He may have falled short, but I don't doubt his motives were always for the best.

Feel free to hope this may change at least some of our fortunes, but don't revel in his misery.

Imagine if you had been forced out of the club you love.

I think his motives were based around 'whats best for Rick Parry, is best for LFC' - hence selling the club to the yanks instead of DIC (and he still pocketed a big fat cheque aswell). 

If he loved the club that much, he would have done his due dilligence on who he was selling to....  he deserves everthing that come his way.
" would rather have a beer with someone who was looking for the truth than with someone who had found it...." CB 2008

Offline TimHocks

• Anny Roader
  • Wish I hadn't chosen TimHocks as my username.
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:50 am »
So is someone saying that if Liverpool hadn't beaten Real Madrid, it would have been Rafa out, not Parry?

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2009, 09:51:56 am »
Worried about the long-term well-being of the club. If Barwick comes in he will be a little Englander with a parochial mindset, could be very detrimental to the club.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2009, 09:52:05 am »
They'll bring a yank in

That would be the worst of all scenarios.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline liddellpool

• Kopite
  • Tuned to a natural E.
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2009, 09:52:30 am »
Yer sell the club your supposed to love to two of the worst owners ever in exchange for a new ferrari.

Yup, a big mistake. He was duped.

But then he didn't own the club.

Doesn't make him a bad person, in fact he later acknowledged his error as much as he could. And at least stood up to Hicks when he tried to load the debt.

Not defending his inneffectiveness -- just a person who I am not going to crucify.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2009, 09:52:44 am »

I'd rather keep Parry than having another Yank at the club.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2009, 09:53:07 am »
Anyone else think that Rafa indirectly asked for this as part of contract negotiations?
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2009, 09:53:21 am »
Mark me words
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2009, 09:53:33 am »
Ahaahahahahahaha.  Sounds like a lot of bellends on here backed the wrong horse down the bookies on Wednesday. 

In the know MY ARSE!
ditto!

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:22 am »
Yup, a big mistake. He was duped.

But then he didn't own the club.

Doesn't make him a bad person, in fact he later acknowledged his error as much as he could. And at least stood up to Hicks when he tried to load the debt.

Not defending his inneffectiveness -- just a person who I am not going to crucify.

Yes I agree, its so easy to blame Parry, when in fact the problem goes deeper. We don't know the full story.

Offline Roman Maroney

• Main Stander
  • They seek him ere.....
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:27 am »
They'll bring a yank in

considering yanks know f*ck all about football, I can't see how anyone with a brain would do that.... but then again, these are the guys that thought Klinsman was a potential LFC manager.
" would rather have a beer with someone who was looking for the truth than with someone who had found it...." CB 2008

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:40 am »
no down side, he's leaving  :hally
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Robbie Styles

• Main Stander
    • Robbie Styles
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2009, 09:55:03 am »

:wave

Bill Shankly - 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

royhendo

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2009, 09:55:13 am »
Fucking hell, Brian Barwick. How is he any better than Parry?

He's very accomplished on the PR front - as long as his remit doesn't involve hiring managers or dabbling in football matters.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2009, 09:55:27 am »
They'll bring a yank in

My thoughts exactly. Parry an ex-premier league boss now Barwick an ex-FA boss who's 'possible' going to be in a communication role...something doesn't ring true...beware the yanks once again.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:11 am »
He is a massive failure, he has held this club back for too long.  Nobody cares if he is a fan, he has fucked up time and time again.
yep,. he really fooked up bringing Raffa in.  The guy had best intentions, and he has done a lot of good at Liverpool. Until a few years we will never know the extent of the service he has done for Liverpool FC.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:14 am »
Are you out of your mind ?
Why not just get the goddamned Mafia in then ?

There are several good reasons why I would like David Dein as our new CEO ... He is a deal-maker in the transfer market ... His relationship with Wenger was perfect ... He has a good experience in building a new stadium ... Have you noticed the developments at Arsenal since he left ?

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:33 am »
Understandably, Rafa, Sammy and the backroom staff are subdued by the news and a sombre mood has set in at Melwood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iseJJ5ogA&feature=PlayList&p=223EE28283C8E249&playnext=1&index=6
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:34 am »
Whenever I read 'BBC Sport understands' I take whatever they've said with a pinch of salt.

Offline Red Mouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:45 am »
Raffa is the Daddy

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:55 am »
What if they just let Rafa have full control of transfers know and just bring somebody to tie up the money end of IT ?

Offline Austinkopite4eva

• Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2009, 09:57:17 am »
At last he's finally leaving! after all his fuck ups in the transfer Market plus cup final ticket nonesense! good riddons :wave

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2009, 09:57:32 am »
He's very accomplished on the PR front - as long as his remit doesn't involve hiring managers or dabbling in football matters.

So, he's basically a talentless spin doctor is what you are saying....
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline redpride9

• Legacy Fan
  • Sonic Booom !!
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2009, 09:57:40 am »
There is a god!

This should have happened along time ago.

Rafa gets what he wants.

NOW LETS MOVE THIS CLUB FORWARD, AND TAKE THE MANC's OFF THE TOP.
We won it 5 times........

Offline Dan86

• Kopite
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:04 am »
The sooner the better. Good riddance.
"if you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later"
- Bob Paisley

Offline rfowler

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:14 am »
Great news  ;D

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:16 am »
we could rue this move in years to come

parry prevented hicks from loading debt on the club

hicks looks to have used rafa to get rid of parry

thus with parry gone (and he will be gone before the loan needs renewed supposedly) hicks will be able to pile more debt on us and send us on down the road to leeds-ville, arizona

plus with parry gone hicks won't need rafa as an ally and will shit on him at the first opportunity
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:18 am »
I'd rather keep Parry than having another Yank at the club.

If we do get a Yank in, as long as his sole role would be to improve our commercial side of things while all the on pitch dealings is done by the manager, that I could put up with.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:39 am »
considering yanks know f*ck all about football, I can't see how anyone with a brain would do that.... but then again, these are the guys that thought Klinsman was a potential LFC manager.

To be fair, Aston Villa's board got replaced with yanks and they're not exactly struggling since.

I just hope Parry's replacement is competent and not just a 'yes man' for the yanks. I'm optimistic about the former, pessimistic about the latter.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline pad-dock

• id-iot
  • Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:39 am »
Very happy to see him off-loaded........he thinks he's too good for the people of Liverpool.

What he does not realise is we are too good for him.

On a club basis he got us into the Yank mess.......and could not see they were only using him as a means to the end.......access to buy the club......££££££ for Rick as a sweetner........rip the club for all its worth.........and ride out of town with pockets full of cash.

You must have made loads of cash Rick....but you could not lace Peter Robinson's tie when it come down to looking after the club...........get on the Olympic Committee im sure you will f**k it up.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:48 am »
Whenever I read 'BBC Sport understands' I take whatever they've said with a pinch of salt.

Broken by Barrett in the Echo.

V Likely to be happening. Not a pinch of salt story this one.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:51 am »
At last he's finally leaving! after all his fuck ups in the transfer Market plus cup final ticket nonesense! good riddons :wave
What transfer market fuck ups are you talking about ?