Author Topic: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight  (Read 20324 times)

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
Re: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2009, 08:49:19 am »
What do Ofcom say on the matter, I thought if there was a huge number of complaints (roughly 500 or more) an investigation had to be carried out?

I can't believe this man still continues to get work. Very sad, 20 years on.

JF96

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2009, 08:53:40 am »
It sickens me to say it really, but there's only one way that you'll get the fuckers at the BBC to take notice and that's by getting a very large amount of people to cancel their TV license. If they got it in the pocket, their views would change.

I was told by the TV license people when we cancelled ours that as long as there's not Ariel going into the back of your TV, then you can't be done for not having a license (but FFS don't take my word on that, it was a long time ago) Brilliant for me seeing as everything i wanted to watch I could get on line or a day late on their BBC i player.

I do however continue to applaud people like Byrnee in persuing their responses
very nice thought cancel the TV  licence but i wouldn't try it plenty have been jailed in the past for this action so be careful .

But i have said for years instead of complaining via email to the BBC one of the official groups should be looking to hit him in his pocket by hitting him in his public life and disrupting his work and interests .

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2009, 10:46:37 am »
Just had this back - I'll keep you informed:

Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, about complaints logged about Kelvin MacKenzie and other individuals since 1st February, 2008 to present. Your request was received on 12th February, 2009. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.

latest within 20 working days

?
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2009, 12:37:22 pm »
Nothing back yet?

I'm afraid not, I'm hoping that's because they are forwarding it to someone who can answer my questions but I'm sure its actually just going through the chain till it reaches someone else who won't take it seriously.

'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2009, 02:18:43 pm »
....but I'm sure its actually just going through the chain till it reaches someone else who won't take it seriously.
Knowing the Beeb, that won't take long :(

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2009, 05:44:20 pm »
Just had this back - I'll keep you informed:

Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, about complaints logged about Kelvin MacKenzie and other individuals since 1st February, 2008 to present. Your request was received on 12th February, 2009. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.

The Jonathan Ross story today, ( a massive 4 complaints gets that story all over the headlines ) got me thinking about this again today. The BBC must have received several hundred, if not thousands of complaints about Mackensie appearing on Question Time, yet I can't find any reference to it in the BBC complaints section. ???

No666 how did your inquiry end up?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2009, 11:32:06 pm »
I would also like to know..

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2009, 12:05:45 am »
latest within 20 working days

?

Any news yet? It's been 3 months............
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2009, 11:44:19 pm »
There will be no news other than a perfunctory reply stating there is no case to answer and that the BBC are happy to continue using him.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2009, 08:38:38 am »
A nice big banner on the Kop for the last home game stating THE BBC HIRES LIARS would be nice.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2009, 09:19:26 pm »
Didn't know where else to post this, but had to let people know... I'm sat watching Spain v USA. I flipped about the channels at half time. Kelvin McKenzie was on a show about Jack The Ripper.

In the little bit I seen, it was said that the letter to the police by "Jack The Ripper" was written by a journalist from a Victorian tabloid and sent to the police. It was signed Jack The Ripper and that was the first time the name had been used. They reckon the name was made up by a journalist and approved by an editor to keep the story in the headlines, and to make sure they kept selling papers.

They reckon the murders that followed the letter might not have happened if the letter hadn't been written and published. And they also reckon the letter completely fucked up the murder investigation and probably stopped the murderer from ever being caught.

McKenzie's contribution to all this.... he saluted the journalist and editor for making up the greatest ever headline in an English newspaper. What a lad, eh.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Andyb

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2009, 09:30:29 pm »
charlie   uniform    november    tango    of   a   man     :no
we no longer dream    we realise this is reality....we are this good!

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2009, 11:01:56 pm »
Didn't know where else to post this, but had to let people know... I'm sat watching Spain v USA. I flipped about the channels at half time. Kelvin McKenzie was on a show about Jack The Ripper.

In the little bit I seen, it was said that the letter to the police by "Jack The Ripper" was written by a journalist from a Victorian tabloid and sent to the police. It was signed Jack The Ripper and that was the first time the name had been used. They reckon the name was made up by a journalist and approved by an editor to keep the story in the headlines, and to make sure they kept selling papers.

They reckon the murders that followed the letter might not have happened if the letter hadn't been written and published. And they also reckon the letter completely fucked up the murder investigation and probably stopped the murderer from ever being caught.

McKenzie's contribution to all this.... he saluted the journalist and editor for making up the greatest ever headline in an English newspaper. What a lad, eh.

I was going to record this after always catching the end of the trailers.

But tonight i said no chance as i seen the full trailer and is said that man was a legend tabloid newspaper editor

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2009, 07:37:07 pm »
The BBC hires liars!
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2009, 08:07:33 pm »
SCUM

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2009, 08:12:31 pm »
Scum.  Hope someone asks him about his apology tonight.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2009, 08:29:11 pm »
Leanne Wood AM who is appearing on the show tonight lives not too far from me. Assuming the show is live, I have emailed her and hopefully she gets the chance to read it before they go on air, asking her to get Mackenzie to issue an apology.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2009, 08:30:43 pm »
Why is his opinion so important to the BBC that they will risk getting thousands of emails again ? Surely there are other right wing gobshites who could appear without causing such outrage. I just don't get what they see in him. ???
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2009, 08:32:18 pm »
Why is his opinion so important to the BBC that they will risk getting thousands of emails again ? Surely there are other right wing gobshites who could appear without causing such outrage. I just don't get what they see in him. ???
He's "colourful".........at least, that's been there line throughout.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2009, 08:59:31 pm »
He was on Sky News last night at 23:30 with his usual formula of taking knee-jerk reactions to news items and regurgitating them as his considered opinions.  His lack of insight on any topic is stunning.

The BBC are very happy to deny airtime to the likes of Nick Griffin and David Irving (except when legally required to for reasons of electoral balance), so why is this twat all over their schedules?  He must have some serious dirt on some BBC execs/governors/editors for this to be happening.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2009, 10:00:06 pm »
Heard his name now on BBC One, felt sick.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2009, 10:04:44 pm »
why are we forced to pay the licence fee? absolute scandal.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2009, 10:13:05 pm »
sent
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2009, 10:15:53 pm »
why are we forced to pay the licence fee? absolute scandal.

Especially when it is used, by those who choose to employ Mackenzie, in such a disgraceful way.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/BBC-Expenses-Executive-Boards-Claims-Published-With-List-Of-Managers-Salaries-Inc-Mark-Thompson/Article/200906415319665?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15319665_BBC_Expenses%3A_Executive_Boards_Claims_Published_With_List_Of_Managers_Salaries_Inc_Mark_Thompson

BBC executives have claimed more than £350,000 in expenses in the last five years, it has been revealed.

The documents showed the BBC's Director General earns a salary of £647,000

The claims include more than £2,000 to fly director general Mark Thompson's family home from holiday in the wake of the Andrew Sachs row.

The salaries of the BBC's 50 top-earning managers were also disclosed - and showed 27 earn more than the Prime Minister's £195,000 salary.

Responding to numerous inquiries under the Freedom of Information Act and general calls for greater transparency, the corporation published thousands of claims.

They revealed executives have been spening public money on luxury hotels, vintage champagne, "thank you" dinners, parties and even a private aeroplane.

Among the £363,085.29 worth of claims filed between 2004 and 2009 were a £100 bottle of bubbly for Bruce Forsyth's 80th birthday, a £1,000 dinner to celebrate Sir Terry Wogan's knighthood and a £400 cake.

Mr Thompson spent £2,236.90 of licence fee payers' money to fly his family home from a holiday in Italy when he was forced to cut the trip short as public anger grew over the lewd messages left by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross on the Fawlty Towers actor's answering machine.

The BBC said the Thompson family were flown economy class and the corporation's audit committee approved the expense.

On the same day - October 30 last year - Mr Thompson also claimed £500 for hotel rooms in the towns of Siracusa and Ragusa in Sicily and a further £206 for what is described in the accompanying notes as "holiday cut short".

In total, Mr Thompson, who earns £647,000 a year, claimed £77,823.35 in expenses over the five years - the most of any BBC executive.

Jana Bennett, who holds creative control of the BBC television output

Ms Bennett claimed £1,300 for hotel

Jana Bennett, director of BBC Vision, who holds creative control of the corporation's television output, claimed a total of just under £60,000 over the period.

This included a £500 claim for the theft of her handbag while on official business, though the BBC said this was paid by the corporation's insurance policy.

She also charged £35 to have her hair styled for a TV interview, nearly £190 for vaccinations ahead of a trip overseas and nearly £2,000 on flowers in the five-year period covered by the documents - including £100 on a bouquet for Jonathan Ross.

Caroline Thomson, the BBC's chief operating officer, said she was "comfortable" with all of the claims.

She said the details were published after 38 FOI requests were made about expenses but insisted there was no "arm twisting".

"We could have done much, much less, we could have done masses of redactions," she said.

"Actually we've done a minimum of redactions."

Ms Thomson, who earns £328,000 a year, claimed nearly £5,000 in expenses last year, including £1,300 on taxis.

Earlier, Mr Thompson said the BBC would publish the total figure paid to top stars in salaries, but said details of individuals' pay would remain confidential.

The salaries and expenses of the BBC's top 100 executives and decision-makers will be published, quarterly, from September, he said.
― Steven Weinberg

Offline oneofmanyreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2009, 10:38:15 pm »
My mate has gone there tonight, sitting front row centre. should of told him to twat the Charlie Uniform November Tango!!!!!!!!!
SOS 6982

Offline 1969

• Boys Pen
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2009, 03:29:55 pm »
what annoys me if thinks he's right why  won't  he come on bbc radio merseyside and debate it like a man,the shitbag.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2009, 04:11:22 pm »
New complaint sent. 

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2009, 07:21:11 pm »
BBC are c*nts and Kelvin is a complete c*nt.....

Another reason not to pay the TV tax
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: June 27, 2009, 12:25:20 am »
What do Ofcom say on the matter, I thought if there was a huge number of complaints (roughly 500 or more) an investigation had to be carried out?

I can't believe this man still continues to get work. Very sad, 20 years on.

JF96
Its only the BBC, whether its radio or TV, they've had him on at least 3 shows in so many weeks. They are absolutely steadfast in their mission to ignore a mass public and continue to support him financially and even promoting his appearances in advance by calling him abrasive. Fuck knows what kind of person in this country could actually endear themselves to him and enjoy his self centred contributions to debates.
The English word Obnoxious would not want to be associated with him.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2009, 06:11:05 pm »
got a response today,,,, this is what they said...

Thanks for your e-mail regarding 'Question Time'.

I understand that you felt that it was inappropriate for Kelvin Mackenzie to appear on the programme as you feel that due to his comments about the Hillsborough disaster that the license fee shouldn't be spent on programme involving him.

Question Time' considers Kelvin MacKenzie to be a suitable panellist since the programme is committed to including a wide range of views and perspectives. 

His views are controversial - but robust argument is what the debate on 'Question Time' is all about.

Programme contributors are appointed on the basis of their experience and talent, but judgements are often subjective and we'd never expect everyone to agree with every choice we make.

I do appreciate that you may continue to feel that he was an poor choice for a guest on the programme therefore please be assured that I've registered your complaint on our audience log.  This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Claire Jordan
BBC Complaints
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Redordead

• Legacy Fan
  • Rarely visits North Korea these days
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2009, 10:23:28 am »
Fucking useless twats at the Beeb.

The response that Roughie got above is the same as the one from February.  They must have it saved under "response to complaining scousers".

Hope MacKenzie fucking dies soon  :no
Houses smell of mushy peas, cat piss, dope and (in the more extreme cases in West Yorks) ammunition.  Wives look like scarred pitbull terriers.  Children are feral, resembling hungry monkeys.  Bloke wears vests a lot.  Tracksuit bottoms.  Slippers.  Few tattoos.  Wishes he'd joined the army, pretends he was a Para.  Spends too much time wanking...

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2009, 08:48:52 pm »
The response that Roughie got above is the same as the one from February.  They must have it saved under "response to complaining scousers".

Yes, they will have done.  It will be their form response to objections to the vermin on QT.  We discovered this a couple of years ago when one of our people (apologies that I cannot remember who), was mistakenly copied into an internal Beeb email saying to send the agreed form response to a vermin complaint.   :wanker
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2009, 09:07:33 pm »
got a response today,,,, this is what they said...

Thanks for your e-mail regarding 'Question Time'.

I understand that you felt that it was inappropriate for Kelvin Mackenzie to appear on the programme as you feel that due to his comments about the Hillsborough disaster that the license fee shouldn't be spent on programme involving him.

Question Time' considers Kelvin MacKenzie to be a suitable panellist since the programme is committed to including a wide range of views and perspectives. 

His views are controversial - but robust argument is what the debate on 'Question Time' is all about.

Programme contributors are appointed on the basis of their experience and talent, but judgements are often subjective and we'd never expect everyone to agree with every choice we make.

I do appreciate that you may continue to feel that he was an poor choice for a guest on the programme therefore please be assured that I've registered your complaint on our audience log.  This is a daily report of audience feedback that's circulated to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Claire Jordan
BBC Complaints

Talent???? Surely that should count him out straight away?
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2009, 09:28:44 pm »
The Jonathan Ross story today, ( a massive 4 complaints gets that story all over the headlines ) got me thinking about this again today. The BBC must have received several hundred, if not thousands of complaints about Mackensie appearing on Question Time, yet I can't find any reference to it in the BBC complaints section. ???

No666 how did your inquiry end up?

Just found this --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints///text/summary_octdec2006.html - unfortunately they don't say how many of the 23,000 were complaints about MacKenzie, but as he's mentioned first might be an indication that most were to do with him. From 2006 though, to do with their Review of the Year show.

Also http://www.mybbccomplaints.co.uk/BBC/complaints/summary_janmar2007.html - similar thing to above but about him being on question time in 2007.

RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline gwto

• Main Stander
  • "Game Well and Truly Over, and I hate saying that"
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2010, 02:46:31 pm »
(I posted this in the thread in the Hillsborough forum, but I think it's right to post it here as well. If not, mods please do what you think is best.)

Kelvin McKenzie will be on Question Time tonight. Also on will be Shappi Khorsandi (@ShappiKhorsandi), who just tweeted this:

If I tweet later 'Kelvin Mackenzie's quite a nice bloke when you actually meet him' shoot me. Remembering Hillsborough and staying strong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:48:13 pm by gwto »

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2010, 04:10:52 pm »
mate this needs to be bumped....lets get the complaints rolling...fucking BBC!

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2010, 04:15:39 pm »
This prick appearing on tv is just the thing to cap a shite day.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2010, 04:17:05 pm »
He's a bloody regular these days :wanker

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2010, 04:22:02 pm »
anyone with a facebook account should put the complaint link up on there status........................

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2010, 04:24:27 pm »
(I posted this in the thread in the Hillsborough forum, but I think it's right to post it here as well. If not, mods please do what you think is best.)

Kelvin McKenzie will be on Question Time tonight. Also on will be Shappi Khorsandi (@ShappiKhorsandi), who just tweeted this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/

Nice message from Shappi.

MacKenzie can go fuck himself.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."