Author Topic: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight  (Read 20252 times)

Offline Lawson

• Main Stander
Re: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »
Sent.

Offline liverpoolsox

• Kopite
  • Camarero
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:33 pm »
Just added my complaint to the long list

To whom it may concern,

I am deeply offended as a supporter of Liverpool F.C that you have decided to re-recruit Kevin Mackenzie as a Panel member on tonights Show. I am a member of an online community who are all hurt by this decision and these people are not all supporters of Liverpool F.C. It seems as if you have absolutely no respect for the friends and families of the 96 PEOPLE who passed that day. I think the BBC need to remember that these people have to live the rest of their lives without the people they loved the most, they do not need to see the man who filthied the names of there loved ones broadcast these LIES on national Television.

Although i am sure none of these facts matter nearly as much to you as your precious ratings I intend on clicking the radio button marked Yes  for a reply but i am fully aware of the generic message that is being sent to other Complainers and I will most certainly take this further if i recieve this Pathetic excuse for hiring a man who has hurt so many people. Infact i find it hilarious that Entertainers like Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross (Brilliant at the BAFTA's By The Way ;)) are punished for a prank whereas men like mackenzie are defended.

Anyway please treat this complaint with 1 iota of respect and give me an individually written response with replies to my complaints exactly this is all i ask for at this present time
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'.

Offline Cambo

• Kemlynite
  • Yeats, Hyypia, The Colossus of Anfield Rhodes
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2009, 09:20:09 pm »
Sent

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to complain about the "hiring" of Kelvin MacKenzie as a panellist on Question Time on Thursday 12th February 2009. I find it particularly appalling that the show's blurb includes a of the "widespread outrage" his paper's comments on the Hillsborough disaster seemingly as a positive or justifying advertisment. These comments, which were refuted as lies by The Taylor Report, have not been apologised for and Mr MacKenzie apparently stands by them.

It is ridiculous to think that the BBC as a broadcaster of historically decent morale standard would resort to extremist right-wing slander as "debate-fuelling", considering the recent furore over comments from Messrs Ross & Brand, and Mrs Thatcher. An opinion is not interesting simply because it is strong.

Shame on Kelvin MacKenzie, and shame on the BBC for being complicit in this horrible man's attitude to other human beings - be they from Liverpool, Argentina or Scotland (to name but a few of the targets of his vitriol) or any other part of the world where moral conscience is aspired to.

A disappointed licence payer,
T Campbell.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2009, 09:26:04 pm »
http://www.georgegalloway.com/page.php?page=content/news_responsefrombbcdg_dec06.html

Unfortunately this is what we are up against even if our complaints reach the top. Even so we have to keep trying.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline ghirl86

• Main Stander
  • Scott McDonald - aka Skippy-
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2009, 09:36:41 pm »
have just sent this to the people in my address book and i know a couple who will deffinitely pass it on

"This email is long but please don't ignore it, read it and help the fight for justice by making one single complaint and also please pass this email on.

you may or may not be aware that on the 15 April it will be twenty years from the Hillsborough disaster where 96 liverpool fans lost their lifes.

This was heartbreak enough for the city, 20 years on it should just be about remembering the loved ones that perished, but sadly it is isn't, twenty years on the families, the friends and the decent people of liverpool affected by Hillsborough are still fighting for Justice.

They woke up the day after the tragedy, in shock and inconsolable, but soon they were angry, very angry, the S*N newspaper spread terrible lies that the tragedy was the fault of liverpool fans.

Kelvin MacKenzie was the man responsible for these horrible lies, and today he will still insist he was telling the truth and shows no remorse or care for the hurt he brings to the family of those lost.

The taylor report found that the authorities were at fault that day, that their incompitence not only caused the crush, but also prevented liverpool fans from freeing themselves. 

Ordinary liverpool fans were the heroes that day, helping and trying to save the lifes of their fellow fans while the authorities were useless.

someone has to be held accountable for this and yet 20 years on justice still hasn't been received.

No doubt you will have heard the useual nonsense abotu how it was liverpool fans fault and you maybe sceptical and think "nothing to do with me"

please don't, i am a football fan (celtic to be exact), but does it matter if we are football fans, or what team we support, any decent person should get behind Liverpool's fight for Justice

i can't imagine going to a game and seeing what those liverpool fans saw and have had to cope with since, i do not like the thought of going and never coming back.

do you have  a member of family, friend who are football fans, how would you feel if they went to a game and didn't come back and the country you live in lied and covered it up to protect themselves???

why am i sending you this email?

it has come to light that the BBC has once again decided to use Kelvin MacKenzie on question time. 

This is a disgrace and an affront to those connected in anyway with Hillsborough.

It would be helpful if as many people a posible could compalin to the BBC about their continued use of this vile man".

You can do so here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

the programme is question time and air date is 12 February 2009

If you want to know more about Hillsborough please try the following links

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=237459.new#new
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0
http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

also try googling Anne Williams - REMEMBER DO NOT IGNORE - PASS IT ON

JFT96

ETA: i was just googling about hillsborough and found this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/witness/april/15/newsid_2913000/2913355.stm

i have already sent my complaint, but for those who still have to do so, take a look at this page and how seemingly the BBC are supportive.

this can be used to highlight their hypocrisy
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:50:57 pm by ghirl86 »
"Tommy Burns, he had qualities that make good men, great"

Jock Stein, he achieved Greatness.  What he gave to Celtic, they say should have been theirs. Now their bitterness consumes them. He carried the dead form the Ibrox disaster, this is how you repay him? 

Scott McDonald  - 31 goals in his debut season

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2009, 09:42:46 pm »
Complaint registered as well - even manage not explete!!!

One of the most hated men in the media!
Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2009, 09:53:55 pm »
I think the BBC couldn't care less about the complaints they receive, and in some ways may even encourage them as it creates debate.

Mckenzie himself loves the attention, which is why every time things get quiet, he'll say something to stir it all up again.

The BBC these days is nothing more than a tabloid media source and not worth bothering with
Couldn't agree more.....the bit at the complaint homepage where it says "we care about your complaint" really makes my blood boil.Fucking BBC
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2009, 10:16:42 pm »
email sent

Offline s3am

• Main Stander
    • Rackandopinion
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2009, 10:20:59 pm »
http://www.georgegalloway.com/page.php?page=content/news_responsefrombbcdg_dec06.html

Unfortunately this is what we are up against even if our complaints reach the top. Even so we have to keep trying.

Interesting, I never had much time for GG. Thanks
aut viam inveniemus aut faciemus

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:13 pm »

I never either. But to be fair to the guy he really helped us out. Put aside a whole hour of his radio show on Talksport to talk about the BBC, MacKenzie and Hillsborough.

Yes he was after more of the spot light. But he got it out there

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2009, 10:26:45 pm »
Time to turn the TV off.  I want to sleep tonight and if I watch that twat I would be too angry to get any.

Offline anglelockgms

• Kopite
  • Survived a Stevie G Screamer in the Holte End
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2009, 10:27:00 pm »

Always have time for the Leader....oh wait, that's the other GG. lol

My complaint is in. Hope everyone gets behind this again!!

JUSTICE

Offline phil5times

• Main Stander
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2009, 10:34:22 pm »
E:mailed all three, and complaint sent to Bigots Broadcasting Corporation.

The guy is SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:22 pm »
MESSAGE TO ALL BROADCASTERS IN THE UK

STOP employing c*nts

Mackenzie

Morgan (who is equally a complete c*nt who is employed by ITV so much)

Everyone should cancel there Licence fee...

waste of fucking money to broadcast so much Propoganda...
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline liverpoolsox

• Kopite
  • Camarero
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2009, 10:55:59 pm »
he's a fucking moron
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'.

Offline scousemike187

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2009, 10:59:18 pm »
Just sent one, first time i've done one aswell so heres to one more than last time!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08:40 pm »

He is a fucking shitstain, but don't post any address/phone numbers here.

!
87:13

Offline Dickie_Mint

• Minty Dick
  • Kopite
  • Cesky Sen!
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08:49 pm »
This c*nt is regularly a guest on that other c*nt Alan Titchmarsh's programme.

c*nts.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2009, 11:11:03 pm »
and what a fucking surprise PIERS fucking c*nt MORGAN is on next weeks question time........

Might as well get Robert Mugabe on the week after for fuck sake
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2009, 11:14:21 pm »
unbelievable that they still hire this tool. complaint well and truly sent in. truly offensive.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »

Piers Moron was the Scum's showbiz editor (sic) when Shithead was editor.

He's a fully paid-up croney of, and as big a fucking scumbag as McKenzie.

And single-handedly turned the Mirror into a piece of completely unreadable shite.
87:13

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2009, 11:14:52 pm »
Oh, the irony!!

First question of the night from audience member: "Was the government right to deny Geert Wilders entry to the UK?"

KM: Erm... I think they probably were. In the end of the day, he came here just to cause trouble. In his own country he was... facing a charge of racial incitement and hatred, and we have enough issues among our own people not to have effectively an outsider come in and stir it up. So I for one am pleased, I think the government did the right thing.

DD: So the issue of freedom of speech doesn't arise for you?

KM: It doesn't arise when actually he's... he - he - remember, freedom of speech as somebody said isn't shouting fire in a... in a crowded theatre. You know, he was coming here not to express a view that he... that he knew was going to be an alternative which was helpful. It was a who... it was going to be wholly unhelpful, and I'm... very pleased that he's not here to spread it. We have enough troublemakers in our own country without... inviting others in.

[applause]

[other responses, including one from Salma Yaqoob in favour of free speech]

DD: Do you want to revise your view, Kuntface MacKenzie, in the light of what Salma is saying?

KM: No, not at all.

DD: She, after all, represents the community that might be thought to have taken offence.

KM: I understand where she's coming from... This guy had already faced charges in his own country, and was coming over here to peddle the same old hatred over here. We don't want him, let him stay in Holland, or let him go somewhere else - clear off.

You couldn't make it up!

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2009, 11:18:49 pm »

And single-handedly turned the Mirror into a piece of completely unreadable shite.

This is also the main reason I hate Piers Moron

http://web.archive.org/web/20041125053916/www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/13/iraq.abuse.statement/index.html

But this Shitbag is on our screens everyday

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2009, 11:31:08 pm »
Putting aside the piece of shit's history for a moment, what the fuck does he offer as a panellist? The fact is, he comes off as a patronising, ill-informed, fucking idiot.  A wanker of the highest order.

When we add his despicable history to the equation, WHY THE FUCK IS HE ON MY TELEVISION?  WE PAY FOR THIS SHIT, WE'RE PAYING THIS KUNTS APPEARANCE FEE.

KUNT!
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2009, 11:32:48 pm »
He's just made a twat of himself, I can't recall exactly what he said to be honnest, but he was relating the clean air act with CO2 being harmful. The clean air act was steps to reduce pollutants (and smog) harmful to human health, CO2 is invisible, causes damage to the ozone and is innocuous to humans.
Put that in your column you silly prick.

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:14 pm »
Done and done. Hope the c*nt dies tomorrow.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2009, 11:40:43 pm »
i think most when they watch him will realise the man is an ignoramus.

Its sad that the BBC continue to use him. I even think dimbleby realises he is a clueless idiot.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2009, 12:01:38 am »
to be honest I ignore him.

He walks around the earth knowing in his heart that thousands of people hate him and he has to wake up in the early hours of every morning with 96 shadows across what passes for his soul.

For all his bluff and bravado he knows he is marked by the foul thing he did.

He is nothing.

Offline phil5times

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2009, 12:06:31 am »

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2009, 01:06:39 am »
Dear Sir or Madam,

As a license fee payer, I am extremely disappointed and more than a little angered to note that the BBC has once again offered Kelvin Mackenzie a platform to air his views on Question Time.

You surely cannot be unaware of the amount of hurt you are causing to the families of those who died in the Hillsborough Disaster, and the survivors of that disaster, by continually giving this individual an opportunity to spread his sensationalist lies. In case you have forgotten, the person you are paying is the man who, while editor of The Sun, chose to publish a cover story consisting entirely of fabrications. He claimed that "drunken Liverpool fans viciously attacked rescue workers as they tried to revive victims", that "police officers, firemen and ambulance crew were punched, that a dead girl had been abused, and that Liverpool fans "were openly urinating on us and the bodies of the dead". All of these allogations were completely contrary to any documentary evidence and to the evidence given by those who narrowly escaped being crushed to death. Lord Taylor's report in 1990 rejected out of hand these claims (and anybody with any taste at all must condemn the sick sensationalist way in which these allogations were protrayed). MacKenzie's only care was to profit from the deaths of football fans. Is this the kind of individual who the BBC wishes to associate itself with? This is clearly a man who has absolutely no respect for the truth.

I would appreciate a reply and an explanation as to how the BBC can justify using license payers' money to place him on air.

Yours faithfully,

Offline KevTheKopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: February 13, 2009, 01:52:05 am »
Sent
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2009, 02:03:35 am »
He thrives on us, we make him famous, and thus valued by the BBC.  We are his claim to fame.

Do me a favour, if he gets a heart attack and dies in front of you... Piss on him, rob his wallet and pin a note saying .. Not your Truth.. Justice..on him.   Then donate the contents of said wallet to HJC.

A despicable horrible man.
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline heatseeker

• Kopite
  • Step by step...
« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2009, 02:53:23 am »
If you get a generic responce back demand that the complaint be taken further. They have to now. Its a part of the BBC trust. If you aren't happy with a generic reponse you can demand further investigation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

This is excatly what their job is

We aim to ensure

* that the BBC remains independent, resisting pressure and influence from any source
    * that the BBC's management delivers public value by providing distinctive services of the highest quality to all the people and all the communities across the United Kingdom
    * that the BBC contributes to the standing of the United Kingdom in the world, to the economy and to British culture

Our tasks are to make sure

* that the BBC meets its mission to inform, educate and entertain with ambition and fulfils the public purposes laid down in its Royal Charter
    * that the BBC's management has clear priorities and is using its resources well, providing quality, value for money and efficiency and reaching all audiences
    * that the BBC stays at the forefront of developing new services for the public, encouraging choice and innovation in the media marketplace without stifling private enterprise or initiative
    * that the BBC's journalism meets the highest standards of accuracy and impartiality to sustain public trust
    * that the BBC promotes its reputation and values around the world

We will achieve this

* by listening to the public and inviting their views in all their diversity
    * by prizing the professionalism, innovation and creativity of BBC staff and everyone who contributes to the BBC
    * by vigorously defending the independence of the BBC
    * by making judgements that will safeguard the BBC's high quality, audience reach and independence over the long-term
    * by making sure our own processes are open and transparent
    * by rigorously holding the BBC's management to account

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/about/index.html

They cannot hide the inbox messages anymore.

Even if it forces them to actually do some work then we know we are doing the right job. A strongly worded e-mail mentioning the right things can go a long way.

I hav'nt got a generic  reply yet but I believe with a second non--response I can complain
better ?
There's no place on this planet, quite like Merseyside - Jegsy Dodd

Offline heatseeker

• Kopite
  • Step by step...
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2009, 03:04:31 am »
That piece of shit shouldn't be alowed to draw breath...

what tv licence ?
There's no place on this planet, quite like Merseyside - Jegsy Dodd

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2009, 08:54:25 am »

Really? wow, I never actually knew that to be honest. Gives me even more reason to hate him now- I thought he was a Mirror man only.
......and could he play!

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2009, 10:55:25 am »
this is the reply i got from the bbc this morning... nice to see they took it seriously

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We note your concerns regarding Kelvin MacKenzie contributing to 'Question Time' on 12 February.

'Question Time' considers him to be a suitable panellist since the programme is committed to including a wide range of views and perspectives.  His views can be controversial - but robust argument is what the debate on 'Question Time' is all about.  There is no question of the BBC or 'Question Time' endorsing the views of any panellist who appears on the programme.

Please be assured, however, that we have registered your comments on our audience log.  This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management.  It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

BBC Complaints"

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2009, 11:00:45 am »
It does make you laugh, the BBC suspend Ross for 3 months for taking the piss out of Manuels slapper of a daughter yet hire this prick against a large number of voices past and present and still feel justified in doing so, i forgot it was on and watched the last 10 minutes the man is a waste of human breath
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:22 am »
Thank you for your e-mail.

We note your concerns regarding Kelvin MacKenzie contributing to 'Question Time' on 12 February.

'Question Time' considers him to be a suitable panellist since the programme is committed to including a wide range of views and perspectives.  His views can be controversial - but robust argument is what the debate on 'Question Time' is all about.  There is no question of the BBC or 'Question Time' endorsing the views of any panellist who appears on the programme.

Please be assured, however, that we have registered your comments on our audience log.  This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management.  It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

BBC Complaints

Slightly different to the one I received last time, but all too similar to ones posted here it seems....
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2009, 11:20:08 am »
Just had the same standard response bit through. I am being naive or is this paragraph slightly promising:

"Please be assured, however, that we have registered your comments on our audience log.  This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management.  It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC."

How many complaints would it take them to sit up and take action? If we knew that it might make things easier.

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2009, 11:23:52 am »
Slightly different to the one I received last time, but all too similar to ones posted here it seems....

same message as I got.

seems that the bbc have just taken the view that it is ok to have an opinion, any opinion, as long as you simply have one. To be 'robust' and 'controversial' is the what the modern world expects or should I say even demands.

I am afraid these are the barriers we have to overcome. Engrained in society and the media world are the beliefs of the MacKensie's of this world and even worse than that also engrained is peoples tolerance towards these views.

He's just been controversial, probing a debate. No harm meant.........
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.