Author Topic: Dentist  (Read 25602 times)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: To the dentist
« Reply #40 on: October 9, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »
or was to polite to mention it.

No it was the usual, "yeah, you;ve your two fillings, just keep up the brushing"

In fairness I had pretty much devoured an entire pack of extra after the fillings
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #41 on: October 9, 2009, 11:14:03 pm »
Must say our dentist is great never had a problem, she referred my daughter three and a half years ago to see a ortho-dentist for braces. Waited patiently as you do for her appointment which was this week and got to say the guy himself was nothing more than a self righteous condescending little man.  Basically my daughter has an overbite which obviously needs correcting and after she had x-rays and then an examination by this fella he maintained that she did not meet NHS criteria.  Do not know who was more shocked by the decision my daughter or myself with the orthodentist- then trying to pacify her by saying you have got a pretty face and a fantastic smile which went down like a sack of shite basically. 

After dropping my daughter off at school who was totally gutted and back to work myself I spoke to a few colleagues who said they found this said fella nothing more than rude them themselves having dealings.  Cut a long short me being me and how dare me go against authority I decided to phone our dentists.  I explained the decision to the receptionist and basically where do I stand, she outlined that it was normally around three weeks till they got the paperwork for this company that deals with ortho dentistry and could I ring back in three weeks time - no problem can only try.

This morning I got a call from my dentist, did not have to wait the three weeks till I phoned back and she maintained that she was not surprised but shocked by the decision that had been made for my daughter.  She has asked my to bring my daughter in on Monday to do some impressions of her teeth and we will take it from there.

I know the said professionals in their own field do not like anyone standing up to their decisions but hey they are not flawless and end of the day I am not going to be fobbed off more so for my daughter.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline donut

• and wants to stay one... unfunny twat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 9, 2009, 11:16:45 pm »
I've got one filling but it wasn't done especially well so both subsequent dentists I've seen thought I have two.

Oh well, it's right at the back and you can't see it.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 9, 2009, 11:41:27 pm »
New hygienist in my dentist. Fuckin' lovely.

Her knockers were well pressed into me head when she was scraping away 6 months of shite. Can't wait for next appointment.  :lickin :lickin
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2009, 08:15:50 am »
Was almost going to post a topic myslef.  Im shit scared of the dentist and got a mini phobia about brushing, so you can see how great my teeth are.  I know one of my teeth is in a bad way. had toothache with it for a year (yes I know Im stupid).  Moved away from home a few years back and couldnt find a new dentist and its taken me 6months of actively looking (which is good for me and my phobia of the drill demon) to get an appointment.  Got one next Thursday and it cant come too soon.  Btw whats a root canal?  One of my teeth is totalled I think and all I want to do at the minute is reach for the pliers...would rather the dentist ripped it out than did loads of work on it.

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2009, 05:35:45 pm »
When I was about 19/20 I avoided the dentist, and was worried about the bill to get my tooth sorted.  I went there and it was a fraction of what I expected it to be, since then I have stuck with regular checkups.

The moral of the story, don't put it off and prepare to be dry bummed when it comes to paying
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2009, 09:36:20 pm »
Just to let you know that my "totalled" tooth caused me AGONY the past two nights, so much so Iv just got home after an emergency appointment and had it pulled.  Wasnt a nice experience (esp seeing as Im scared to death of the dentist).  My tooth was shocking though (they put it in a doggy bag for me to come home haha)

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 09:39:54 pm »
Toothache is one of the most miserable experiences ever to be put on humanities doorstep. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to put nerves in teeth?

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 10:41:35 pm »
Indeed, I can deal with pain, but not shooting/throbbing pain that teeth cause.  My mouth is seminumb but hurts, but its only normal pain now so i can live with it!

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2009, 10:46:09 pm »
I've had toothache so bad that its made me unable to actually sleep at night, even with ibuprofen and salty water rinse! Needed one filling and a root canal in my mouth so far, and bear in mind Im a tender young thing so it doesn't necessarily bode well. Saying that I always see the dentist every 6 months and brush and mouthwash twice a day.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 08:16:23 pm »
I've had toothache so bad that its made me unable to actually sleep at night, even with ibuprofen and salty water rinse! Needed one filling and a root canal in my mouth so far, and bear in mind Im a tender young thing so it doesn't necessarily bode well. Saying that I always see the dentist every 6 months and brush and mouthwash twice a day.
For some reason some people are unfortunately just more disposed towards tooth decay than others. It's this reason that you can get adults who haven't seen a toothbrush in years and yet they have reasonable teeth, and others who do as you do but still end up with periodontal disease.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 09:34:43 pm »
Was at the dentist on friday to see my hygenist for a scale and polish. Shes a beast and the plaque on my teeth doesn't stand a chance. The thing is I always end up with really bad jaw-ache as her hands are massive.

My dentist is fucking hot but very petit and I often wonder how she would ever have the strength to pull one of my teeth out.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:08 pm »
I'm due for a check up too, need to get down there soon, otherwise they'll fuck me of their list and then i won't have a dentist.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 12:01:01 am »
I dont mind going the dentist.I hant had  filling yet and am dreading the day that i have to.I go twic a year for check ups,im 33 and have never had any problems, just lucky i guess.I reckon i will hate it when the day comes and i need some treatment
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 12:11:54 am »
Oh and he is a big red ;D
He must have gotten very close during the examination.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Pheeny

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2010, 10:59:54 am »
Just been to mine for my annual check up.Said I've got good teeth and I brush them well but I've got to start using an oral irrigator because of my age...

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2010, 11:05:30 am »
Just been to mine for my annual check up.Said I've got good teeth and I brush them well but I've got to start using an oral irrigator because of my age...

I went for a check-up last week. Dentist told me my teeth are fine but all my gums need to come out.  :(

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:46 pm »
Due for a check up in a month. Not looking forward to it. Last year my crown came out and the dentist told me it could not be cemented back in as the tooth had fractured. So I am dreading that this time the stump that is left will need cutting out.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2010, 06:48:44 pm »
Any tips how not to choke or suffocate to death at the dentists?

Everytime I go I'm struggling to take a breather or avoid choking on all that water they're spraying into my mouth. Do they not teach dentists to allow a patient to breath a little? Each time the water builds up, you can feel you're about to choke so you frantically try to gulp. But this causes panic and thus increases your rate of breathing but you can't breathe cos the fucker is suffocating you to death.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »
The only problem I find is when they keep asking to "open nice and wide". I find that the pain keeping by mouth fully open for what seems like eternity,  is far worse than anything else. One thing that does worry with my dentist is that she keeps asking the nurse for her advice, like "what type of filling should I use." Makes me winder if she is a real dentist sometimes. :p

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2010, 08:35:09 pm »
Hate the dentist. Brush me teeth twice a day + mouthwash etc yet I always have to have at least 2 fillings every time I go. Running out of teeth to fill.

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:28 pm »
Same here. It pisses me off when the dentist tells me that "I have a small cavity, however, it is ok at the moment and we will keep a watch on it" To me this equates to "If I do the filling now it will cost x amount. However in 6 months time it will cost 2x"

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:59 pm »
Any tips how not to choke or suffocate to death at the dentists?

Everytime I go I'm struggling to take a breather or avoid choking on all that water they're spraying into my mouth. Do they not teach dentists to allow a patient to breath a little? Each time the water builds up, you can feel you're about to choke so you frantically try to gulp. But this causes panic and thus increases your rate of breathing but you can't breathe cos the fucker is suffocating you to death.

I've been lucky with my teeth, still have them all. When I go to the dentist the only way he can make money out of me is by telling me I need them scraping and polishing, which is horrendous.
 You end up with what feels like half a dozen knives and forks forced into your gob while his assistant (who is usually a nubile young lady he spends all his time laughing and joking with) fires gallons of water into your mouth.
 It's fucking horrific and you end up gagging and gasping for breath. As you say the fuckers don't give you a chance of a breather, must be something they teach them to do to make it as unpleasant as possible.
 I haven't been for about 3 years now solely because of this.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2010, 09:10:07 pm »
I've been lucky with my teeth, still have them all. When I go to the dentist the only way he can make money out of me is by telling me I need them scraping and polishing, which is horrendous.
 You end up with what feels like half a dozen knives and forks forced into your gob while his assistant (who is usually a nubile young lady he spends all his time laughing and joking with) fires gallons of water into your mouth.
 It's fucking horrific and you end up gagging and gasping for breath. As you say the fuckers don't give you a chance of a breather, must be something they teach them to do to make it as unpleasant as possible.
 I haven't been for about 3 years now solely because of this.

Yeah I detest that also.  Every time I go that's on the agenda and seems to take ages.  And to me they look no different - you'd expect that sort of extreme polishing to make a bit of a difference.

Got toothache at the mo.  Not severe yet, so an appointment has been made.  Unfortunately due to a lack of NHS bods it's a 3week wait.  No doubt I'll be on the painkillers by then.

My teeth are crap really.  One of these unlucky people who always needs something done each yr.  This despite rigidly brushing and flossing and shit.

I don't think most over the age of say 35 can actually not dread the dentist.  Due to the butchering which took place in 70's/80's when attending as a schoolkid.  Fillings were often given with no anaesthetic.  Agony it was.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #64 on: August 5, 2010, 11:53:40 am »
I hadn't been to the dentists in 8 years (since I was 18) and last week I got a massive toothache. I'm not really great at looking after my teeth and I smoke quite heavily (not tobacco) so I was fearing the worst, all my teeth needing to be pulled out, 20 cavities, gum disease and the like. So I had an appointment this morning and to my amazement the dentist said my teeth were in excellent condition bar 1 small hole in my wisdom tooth.

Within 20 minutes they'd xrayed my teeth, given me a painkilling injection with the largest scariest motherfucking needle you've ever seen - the thing must have been a foot long- gave them a bit of a polish, filled the cavity and sent me on my way. I guess I'm pretty lucky that I've got robust teeth. The aesthetic feels like someone has punched me in the gob though and when I speak I feel like I've had a stroke as half my face doesn't work but all in all I couldn't be happier. ;D Makes me wonder why I thought it'd be so bad in the first place.

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 09:39:36 pm »
I've had it with my teeth, my baby teeth were lovely, all small and even, great stuff. Then they fell out and the worst adult teeth known to man grew through. I had about 4 removed to make some room for them to grow in properly which meant some big fuck off teeth being wrenched out, needles, pain and me developing a fear and loathing of the dentist.

Anyway, went last week, and my lovely old dentist of 22 years is off sick, nervous breakdown. So I have this new dentist who looks younger than me (I'm 22 ) who's bedside manner left a lot to be desired. Anyway, he xrayed my teeth and declared I need a white filling in one tooth. I've never had a filling and the thought of more needles and digging did not please me. He also noted that I have two wisdom teeth on the bottom row which haven't broken through yet, great, lets hope they stay there then. What's not so great is that they're impacted and if they break through he'll have to take them out, and probably have to cut though the gum. Lovely.

So tonight I realised that it felt funny when I chewed, almost like I had an extra tooth.. Low and behold there's one of the little buggers poking out through the skin, bold as you like. Didn't even feel the fucker, thought they'd stay put, but no, more trips to the dentist for me!

Can someone please reassure me that it's fine, totally painless and the best thing they had done? Thanks.

Oh and I think im going to be wuss and ask for general anaesthetic and go to the hospital this time - you can judge me.

I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2010, 10:21:10 pm »
Ah this thread again.  One of my teeth next to the front two broke in half after a footie incident a couple of months ago.  Had to have what was left taken out.  Turns out I needed a bridge done.  So went in last week to have the prep work done, thinking it'd be about 10mins or so.  What prep work needed to be done like when there was no tooth there anyway?

Well how wrong I was.  Was in the chair for about an hour.  Apparently they need to drill the fuck out of the tooth next to where the bridge will be.  Cue an injection into the gum just above the front top teeth.  I'm usually ok with the injection, but this hurt like hell, must be because of where it was - in the gums above the front teeth.  She must have used every drill in the tray after that.  Go back this week for the fitting - I'm hoping that's a bit more straightforward.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2010, 11:17:00 pm »
Ah this thread again.  One of my teeth next to the front two broke in half after a footie incident a couple of months ago.  Had to have what was left taken out.  Turns out I needed a bridge done.  So went in last week to have the prep work done, thinking it'd be about 10mins or so.  What prep work needed to be done like when there was no tooth there anyway?

Well how wrong I was.  Was in the chair for about an hour.  Apparently they need to drill the fuck out of the tooth next to where the bridge will be.  Cue an injection into the gum just above the front top teeth.  I'm usually ok with the injection, but this hurt like hell, must be because of where it was - in the gums above the front teeth.  She must have used every drill in the tray after that.  Go back this week for the fitting - I'm hoping that's a bit more straightforward.

In order to place a bridge it has to be attached to something, so usually at least one tooth is crowned and the pontic (fake tooth) attached to that else it won't stay in. Your other options were to leave it, a partial denture or an implant to the tune of usually £2500.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2010, 05:52:03 pm »
It's sad what some of the private docs get up to.

Had severe tootache a few weeks ago. Went to a private dentist recommended by a friend. Decent office, clean modern-looking equipment, fantastic social skills. The last time I had a dental check-up was back in school, so it's been a gap of about nine years through myriad countries to reach this point.

So now, the x-ray's done, the doc explains to me in detail how the tooth now has a deep cavity, shows the spot on the x-ray 'indicating' where the infection has reached the tooth. Tells me filling it in will cause me sleepness nights. Recommends a root canal. Preceded by a deep scaling / cleansing.

Which is expensive. Whether you measure it in pounds, dollars, aussie dollars, sing dollars, rupees, ringgit, or baht.

I can afford it if it's really required sure, but I get a bit pissed off when I get the feeling that I'm being taken in for a ride by an unseen, well-oiled machine that has been in existense for decades. So I pay a visit to one of the government run clinics for a second opinion. A check by the nice lady doctor, a temporary filling, back in a month for a permanent one, and now the issue appears sorted. Just like that.

It's becoming tiresome this real world business. Every where you look, for every single field that requires interaction with a specialist, it appears you, the customer, has to do thorough research and go in all eyes peeled. When all I want to do is pay my money and expect a good, honest job in return. It's the same from the contractor who does your tiling to the dentist.

I know it's how it works, but man it's tiresome sometimes.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:56:44 pm by surfer »

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2010, 09:01:27 pm »
It's sad what some of the private docs get up to.

Had severe tootache a few weeks ago. Went to a private dentist recommended by a friend. Decent office, clean modern-looking equipment, fantastic social skills. The last time I had a dental check-up was back in school, so it's been a gap of about nine years through myriad countries to reach this point.

So now, the x-ray's done, the doc explains to me in detail how the tooth now has a deep cavity, shows the spot on the x-ray 'indicating' where the infection has reached the tooth. Tells me filling it in will cause me sleepness nights. Recommends a root canal. Preceded by a deep scaling / cleansing.

Which is expensive. Whether you measure it in pounds, dollars, aussie dollars, sing dollars, rupees, ringgit, or baht.

I can afford it if it's really required sure, but I get a bit pissed off when I get the feeling that I'm being taken in for a ride by an unseen, well-oiled machine that has been in existense for decades. So I pay a visit to one of the government run clinics for a second opinion. A check by the nice lady doctor, a temporary filling, back in a month for a permanent one, and now the issue appears sorted. Just like that.

It's becoming tiresome this real world business. Every where you look, for every single field that requires interaction with a specialist, it appears you, the customer, has to do thorough research and go in all eyes peeled. When all I want to do is pay my money and expect a good, honest job in return. It's the same from the contractor who does your tiling to the dentist.

I know it's how it works, but man it's tiresome sometimes.

The "spot" you mention - was it in the bit of the tooth in your mouth or at the bottom of the root? (Depends on type of x-ray). It may well be that a simple filling has solved your problem for now but if the filling is deep you are still likely to need root canal treatment (RCT) in the future.

The way, for example, that NHS dental contracts are current run means that dentists are not rewarded for doing time consuming NHS work. They are paid for Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) and each item of treatment carries a specific number of UDAs no matter how much time it takes. So, not sure exactly how much each is worth but say for the sake of argument that you attend for a checkup exam and the dentist finds that you need a filling, that is one UDA. But if you need 5 fillings, it's still one UDA because they were all located and diagnosed at the same initial appointment. You get a 3 month treatment window within which to complete one course of NHS treatment without having to be charged again, so for your £45 or whatever you could get one filling or 5 and the dentist only gets paid once.

RCT, especially in molar teeth, can take several appointments. If you need a crown as well, English NHS charge is £198 and the dentist gets say 3 UDAs, but they still only get 3 UDAs whether it takes 1 appointment or 10 to do your RCT. In contrast, an extraction is worth say 2 UDAs, but it's over and done with in one appointment, leaving the dentist more time to do other simple dental work thereby earning themselves more UDAs than they would have done for doing your RCT.

I'm not saying all NHS dentists work like this because they don't and there are some brilliant NHS dental practitioners out there, but the NHS system does not help patients in the slightest.

I'm not even sure if you're in England or NHS...I've had a long day in work and stuff like the above is really starting to tick me off so needed a rant!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2010, 03:01:17 am »

If that's the kind of rant you do, more of the same would be nice. Very informative.

I'm not in the UK these days, tend to have to split time between Australia, Singapore, and Malaysia.

I can't recall the area on the x-ray.

Get what you're saying about the root canal. I think the issue was one of information, when I first went to the private doc after years of not being in a dentists, my knowledge on the subject was about zero. I didn't even know, for example, that a temporary filling option existed. It might well turn out true, depending on the cavity size, skill of the public hospital dentist who did the filling, the filler material type etc, that an extraction / RCT may be required in the future. I would have liked to known such an option (temporary to test possibility, followed by permanent filling) existed. Also, seeing that I box a bit, a 'dead' tooth after RCT might not last too long anyway!

On a related note, have those of you who have had fillings done used amalgam, composite or some other material? Mine was amalgam, and I feel ok as of now, but might consider switching to gold later on.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2010, 09:37:37 pm »
On a related note, have those of you who have had fillings done used amalgam, composite or some other material? Mine was amalgam, and I feel ok as of now, but might consider switching to gold later on.

All 3 are fine. Don't see too many gold fillings around these days. Amalgam is fine as a material and about the best. Composite (tooth coloured) are often preferred for the cosmetic appearance and the quality of composites has improved in recent times.

Offline Dan_YNWA

• Anny Roader
  • RAWK's resident Muslim
« Reply #72 on: December 3, 2010, 02:44:57 am »
Has anyone ever had a dry socket?

I have heard it is the worst pain ever.
The King is back!

YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 3, 2010, 09:40:31 am »
In order to place a bridge it has to be attached to something, so usually at least one tooth is crowned and the pontic (fake tooth) attached to that else it won't stay in. Your other options were to leave it, a partial denture or an implant to the tune of usually £2500.

Thought this was worth an update - yep of course you were right.  Got the bridge done and must say excellent NHS job - all for couple hundred quid - can't complain.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #74 on: December 3, 2010, 10:00:02 am »
I've had a few fillings and one baby tooth pulled in the 80s but been quite healthy. Had a tooth out last year though and the dentist couldn't get it out. It took ages and obviously I couldn't feel the pain but it was awful watching the foot go on the chair and struggling away. It came out in tiny bits in the end, I wanted to take it home and dissect it.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 3, 2010, 10:01:25 am »
Got to have my two top wisdom teeth taken out, dentist says he can do it in two half hour appointments. supposed to have first one done today, but i might not be able to get there with the roads being all icey. Dont know how i feel, as im not looking forward to it, but i had myself all geared up!
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 3, 2010, 12:39:16 pm »
I'm meant to have a wisdom tooth out on Monday. There's nothing wrong with it at the moment but because I've already had the one below it out, the dentist says that it's got nothing to bite against and will start to cause problems. I can't decide if he's giving me sensible pre-emptive advice or just needs to improve his profit margins in the run up to xmas, so I might cancel the appointment.. not sure..

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 3, 2010, 06:11:04 pm »
Go on have it done,you be the guinea pig then come back and tell me how easy and painless it was :)
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline cim-pim-param

• cim-pim-param, chim-chim-chiroo
  • Legacy Fan
  • woOt
« Reply #78 on: December 3, 2010, 06:19:23 pm »
my teeth hurt just  by reading this thread
To Be Or NoT To Be?! ravelizard
 http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 3, 2010, 10:06:20 pm »
I'm meant to have a wisdom tooth out on Monday. There's nothing wrong with it at the moment but because I've already had the one below it out, the dentist says that it's got nothing to bite against and will start to cause problems. I can't decide if he's giving me sensible pre-emptive advice or just needs to improve his profit margins in the run up to xmas, so I might cancel the appointment.. not sure..

Where top teeth have no opposing teeth there are no biting forces so the tooth is effectively redundant. They can also begin to drop down (over erupt) over time because there isn't a bottom tooth there keeping it in position.

If you're not currently experiencing problems and would rather wait, do so. Your dentist should keep an eye on it and if it causes problems you can have it taken out later.