Author Topic: Albert Riera  (Read 339773 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Albert Riera
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2008, 10:34:39 pm »
No, smartarse, not in particular, but having studied Spanish language and culture to a high level and being a huge fan of Spanish football, I always took a keen interest in any Iberian players in the Premier League and made sure I caught them at least a few times, from Asier Del Horno to Cesc Fabregas to Ivan fucking Campo. And I certainly kept an eye on Riera, and was rather bewildered then, as now, at his uselessness at Manchester City as contrasted with his almost talismanic presence at Espanyol. As I said, it could go either way, it really is almost impossible to predict, as he is evidently not the same player he was when he turned out so ineffectively for City.

Precisely, that's why we should all just let him get a shirt on, kick a few balls and then we can judge him.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline marlon50tins

• Main Stander
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2008, 10:35:54 pm »
dont tar keane with the same brush as dirk diggler, keane has talent unlike that other useless c*nt. ill give riera a chance but im not expecting too much remembering how shit he was at city. Got dropped to the bench eventually and they were septic !

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #82 on: September 1, 2008, 10:38:25 pm »
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline MAL05

• Kopite
  • JFT96 - YNWA
« Reply #83 on: September 1, 2008, 10:38:34 pm »
So, we will see Babel on the right now?  Obviously, that would mean dropping the untouchable Kuyt.
.."I am only thinking of the next game"..

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 1, 2008, 10:39:57 pm »
So, we will see Babel on the right now?  Obviously, that would mean dropping the untouchable Kuyt.

Hopefully

But somehow I get the feeling Benitez has a problem with Babel at the moment............
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline marlon50tins

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: September 1, 2008, 10:40:22 pm »
please god babel gets a start on the right now. was amazed to see kuyt getting subbed against villa didnt think rafa had it in him

Offline albiceleste

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2008, 10:44:17 pm »

This has to happen, Benitez is embarrassing both us and himself by using Dirk anywhere on the pitch, let alone on the right wing, especially when he has better options screaming out at him. My Manc mates fucking love sticking the boot in when the hapless blonde fucker lines up each match, the calm before the headless chicken storm, and it makes me fucking cringe to even look at him.

Offline GoldenFleece

• Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: September 1, 2008, 10:45:17 pm »
I only remember seeing him play a couple of times at City and i thought he looked really good. I remember picking him a few times for my fantasy football team even? Was suprised how he seemed to fade to the bench so quickly at city, I've also been quite impressed with him at Espanyol. Now for almost the same money I think I'd have preffered Diego Capel... but I'm a big supporter of Rafa's and therefore i suppose i have to back him.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #88 on: September 1, 2008, 10:46:43 pm »
I only remember seeing him play a couple of times at City and i thought he looked really good. I remember picking him a few times for my fantasy football team even? Was suprised how he seemed to fade to the bench so quickly at city, I've also been quite impressed with him at Espanyol. Now for almost the same money I think I'd have preffered Diego Capel... but I'm a big supporter of Rafa's and therefore i suppose i have to back him.

Diego Capel would have been a good signing. Exciting young talent.

Offline marlon50tins

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: September 1, 2008, 10:47:12 pm »
im surprised manc dont have kuyt on the back of their tops they love seeing his name on our team sheet that much. Babel must be doing something to piss off rafa or dirk knows something about someone at the club, blackmail is the only way he should be able to get a game

Offline designweb

• Boys Pen
  • Where are all the good wingers these days?
« Reply #90 on: September 1, 2008, 10:48:16 pm »
As a newbie I dont want to start on a negative note, but surely Liverpool are a better club than some of this recent transfer activity??

Riise and Finnan gone to be replaced with foreigners who without judging their ability will take time to adapt to the English game (Degn and Dossena). We havent strengthened in these signings.

Keane in as a 2nd striker to replace the outgoing crouch and voronin. As a result we are now playing 442 this season rather than the 4231 system last year. This is great if we have the players to play the formation and have Keane up front rather than out wide!!

Now that we revert to 442 we start the season with Kuyt and Benyanoon (as David Pleat calls him) as our 'width'. Hardly natural born wingers.

Very disappointed that we are left with an out of form Alonso (due to rumours of his departure), a midfield already looking like Lucas, Plessis, El Zhar and Benyanoon are going to be required far to often to make us challengers.

I think we are hard to beat which is good but I have concerns over the way in which we are approaching games already this season.

No pace in in midfield or in both full back positions. We only have Babel and Torres that can really run with a ball. That is assuming that Rafa thinks Babel is worthy of a game ahead of N'Gog???

Very dis-illusioned already. I am a fanatical LFC fan, I go to at least 10 games a season and do not want to be accused of not being a 'proper' fan.

I dont know where the problem lies. I think Rafa wanted better players...
---- Mascherano----
Babel -- SG -- Riera
-- Torres -- Keane--

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #91 on: September 1, 2008, 10:48:17 pm »
Hope he does a good job for us,hopefully him and babel on their day will be close to unstoppable,provide some decent ball for Torres & Co. Especially Keane who is getting slated on here by more "fans" than i thought,its a fucking joke saying Keane is a waste of money,hes a class act.Hope Riera will be too.

Welcome Albert.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline MAL05

• Kopite
  • JFT96 - YNWA
« Reply #92 on: September 1, 2008, 10:50:47 pm »
im surprised manc dont have kuyt on the back of their tops they love seeing his name on our team sheet that much. Babel must be doing something to piss off rafa or dirk knows something about someone at the club, blackmail is the only way he should be able to get a game
Spot on!  Was saying the same to a mate myself the other day.  Kuyt has dirt on Rafa.  Period.

Offline marlon50tins

• Main Stander
« Reply #93 on: September 1, 2008, 10:52:10 pm »
would rather uncle albert to be honest, prob got more pace n hes dead

Offline MAL05

• Kopite
  • JFT96 - YNWA
« Reply #94 on: September 1, 2008, 10:52:30 pm »
As a newbie I dont want to start on a negative note, but surely Liverpool are a better club than some of this recent transfer activity??

Riise and Finnan gone to be replaced with foreigners who without judging their ability will take time to adapt to the English game (Degn and Dossena). We havent strengthened in these signings.

Keane in as a 2nd striker to replace the outgoing crouch and voronin. As a result we are now playing 442 this season rather than the 4231 system last year. This is great if we have the players to play the formation and have Keane up front rather than out wide!!

Now that we revert to 442 we start the season with Kuyt and Benyanoon (as David Pleat calls him) as our 'width'. Hardly natural born wingers.

Very disappointed that we are left with an out of form Alonso (due to rumours of his departure), a midfield already looking like Lucas, Plessis, El Zhar and Benyanoon are going to be required far to often to make us challengers.

I think we are hard to beat which is good but I have concerns over the way in which we are approaching games already this season.

No pace in in midfield or in both full back positions. We only have Babel and Torres that can really run with a ball. That is assuming that Rafa thinks Babel is worthy of a game ahead of N'Gog???

Very dis-illusioned already. I am a fanatical LFC fan, I go to at least 10 games a season and do not want to be accused of not being a 'proper' fan.

I dont know where the problem lies. I think Rafa wanted better players...

Good post.  Mostly sums up my feelings and thoughts too.  We just lifeless this season, knackered, void of ideas, and to be honest, like we dont give a shite!

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #95 on: September 1, 2008, 10:53:38 pm »
Welcome Albert, and the very best of luck.

At least now we'll have a left-footed player on the left-side of midfield.  Whatever Yossi is, he isn't a left-sided wide player.

Offline donniebrasco

• Old School (probably Harrow)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only users lose drugs...
« Reply #96 on: September 1, 2008, 10:56:08 pm »
I'll give him 15 games max before he's playing on the right.. ;)

Offline MAL05

• Kopite
  • JFT96 - YNWA
« Reply #97 on: September 1, 2008, 10:58:12 pm »
I'll give him 15 games max before he's playing on the right.. ;)
;D

Offline marlon50tins

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: September 1, 2008, 11:03:35 pm »
my god we have so much confidence!

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
« Reply #99 on: September 1, 2008, 11:14:34 pm »
Welcome Albert and good luck.

His lack of pace is a shame, but like it has been mentioned, some great wingers such as Figo or even Digger weren't blessed with blistering pace.

I would have expected Rafa to get someone quick given the defensive way we're playing at the moment.

However, great wingers are often quick off the blocks and over the first 5 yards to play a killer pass. The fact that we often play against 11 defenders, we do need someone canny.

I hope I'm right!

"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #100 on: September 1, 2008, 11:22:43 pm »
Welcome to the reds Albert and good luck,lad.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Comrade

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: September 1, 2008, 11:53:01 pm »
I wonder if he'll like the Albert Dock... get it? ALBERT Dock...?

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #102 on: September 1, 2008, 11:55:38 pm »
not buzzing, but releaved we finally got a winger slash attacking wide-player

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #103 on: September 1, 2008, 11:56:14 pm »
I wonder if he'll like the Albert Dock... get it? ALBERT Dock...?
??? don't get it...

Offline designweb

• Boys Pen
  • Where are all the good wingers these days?
« Reply #104 on: September 1, 2008, 11:58:26 pm »
You start to wonder that if Rafa were to walk or to be sacked, who of our current first XI would a new manager want to keep? The spine is good but the full backs and wingers would not be in big demand.

We only ever needed 2 wingers during pre-season. We could have coped with Finnan, Riise at full back and Nemeth, Babel as backup to Torres / Gerrard  up front.

3 good keepers (just signed another) 4 excellent centre halves, 3 great centre midfielders, 2 great forwards and a load of average players in the wide areas.

Losing further ground to Man Utd and now Manchester City seem to be wanting 4th place this season!
---- Mascherano----
Babel -- SG -- Riera
-- Torres -- Keane--

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
« Reply #105 on: September 2, 2008, 12:03:11 am »
Not seen anything of him recently so i wont judge.

he seems an obvious 'potentially good' signing.  Good luck to him.

As for Babel?  Up front replacing Torres or right wing for Kuyt.  Gotta do something.  Other teams have found Dirk out.
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #106 on: September 2, 2008, 12:08:32 am »
I tell you what, I hope he isn't used as a scapegoat by some of our fans as a symbol of us having no money and settling for 'second best'. I wouldn't put it past some people (as seen on here) to write him off and then bleat about 'Man City bought SWP... why couldn't we....wah wah!' etc etc.

Give him a chance. Get behind him. Good luck to him.
Other teams have found Dirk out.
He's not hard to suss out really, just stand in front of him and you've pretty much won the battle.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline donniebrasco

• Old School (probably Harrow)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only users lose drugs...
« Reply #107 on: September 2, 2008, 12:10:27 am »
I tell you what, I hope he isn't used as a scapegoat by some of our fans as a symbol of us having no money and settling for 'second best'. I wouldn't put it past some people (as seen on here) to write him off and then bleat about 'Man City bought SWP... why couldn't we....wah wah!' etc etc.

That is inevitable i'm afraid. ::)

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #108 on: September 2, 2008, 12:14:51 am »
That is inevitable i'm afraid. ::)

I know mate, preparing for it already. Cue after his first match 'why weren't we in for SWP...' or 'why didn't we go for Petrov' or some such illogical bollocks...
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Fjohn

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #109 on: September 2, 2008, 12:21:16 am »
No money, no credibility, no honesty, no integrity, no dignity, no custodian. HICKS OUT...

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 2, 2008, 12:22:05 am »
never saw him at Manchester City or espanyol so happy to judge him after he's settled in and played a good few games for us.

delighted that hopefully Ryan can move over to the right now and look way more confident and effective.

Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 2, 2008, 12:24:10 am »
Should prove a better buy for us than Robinho to Manchester City.

Hopefully!

Offline redscotch

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: September 2, 2008, 12:32:07 am »
Should prove a better buy for us than Robinho to Manchester City.

Hopefully!
Don't worry, our Arabs have been on the blower to City's Arabs to tell them to buy Robinho at all costs.
It pisses off the Rent boys and then we buy him next season.
Man City are our new feeder club ;)

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 2, 2008, 12:35:32 am »
To be honest, i doubt whether Robinho will be a success at City. And if he is anything other than exceptional there will be a revolt at Eastlands (or wherever the hell they play).

Offline Tigerheart

• Carroll? He's shit. Henderson? Shit. Adam...shit.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #114 on: September 2, 2008, 12:46:48 am »

His lack of pace is a shame, but like it has been mentioned, some great wingers such as Figo or even Digger weren't blessed with blistering pace.

I would have expected Rafa to get someone quick given the defensive way we're playing at the moment.

However, great wingers are often quick off the blocks and over the first 5 yards to play a killer pass. The fact that we often play against 11 defenders, we do need someone canny.

I hope I'm right!

Digger was lightning back in the day.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 2, 2008, 01:02:35 am »
Hopefully

But somehow I get the feeling Benitez has a problem with Babel at the moment............

Same here. Either to do with fitness after the injury/Olympics or possibly attitude - lets face it, his cameo against Boro was pretty fucking shambolic.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #116 on: September 2, 2008, 01:03:45 am »
Good luck to the lad! I hope he exceeds my expectations, but in any case: YNWA
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #117 on: September 2, 2008, 01:58:06 am »
Welcome Riera, all the best to win over the morons.

Well said.   :thumbup
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline red44

• Main Stander
« Reply #118 on: September 2, 2008, 02:16:26 am »
Welcome Riera, all the best to win over the morons.

Is right...

These boards are fast descending into knee-jerk fuckwit territory.  It is getting painful.

Judge the new players after their first season, not their first kick of the ball (or before they have even pulled a red shirt on)

Don't look at the league tables until at least November.

Don't listen to the pundits.  Don't read the tabloids.

It'll make you feel better, trust me.
Long Live the King!

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 2, 2008, 02:29:35 am »
Missing link on the left? I hope so. We need it.