Author Topic: Wheres Rafa''s new contract?  (Read 154283 times)

Offline Hamstrung

• Anny Roader
Re: Wheres Rafa''s new contract?
« Reply #680 on: February 25, 2009, 01:15:37 pm »
nope your wrong

You have no more idea than I do, but somethings afoot.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #681 on: February 25, 2009, 01:16:35 pm »
So a couple of dozen Real Fans with more money than sense lay 100,000 on Rafa walking on the day we play Real ans SSN goes into meltdown.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: February 25, 2009, 01:16:48 pm »
Our problems have all stemmed from the inadequacies of Moores and Parry.

If Rafa leaves this summer which is more likely than this week, we will fall further behind the Mancs and those who hope a new boss will come in who won't have a pot to piss in will close the gap on them will be sadly mistaken.

Tired of seeing BS about us for the wrong reasons at the wrong time

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #683 on: February 25, 2009, 01:17:33 pm »
So a couple of dozen Real Fans with more money than sense lay 100,000 on Rafa walking on the day we play Real ans SSN goes into meltdown.

Not quite true is it
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #684 on: February 25, 2009, 01:17:38 pm »
You have no more idea than I do, but somethings afoot.

yes, he is yet to sign his new contract, and internet rumor has gone mad

he will sign a new contract

Offline Lionel Rich Tea

• Anny Roader
« Reply #685 on: February 25, 2009, 01:18:38 pm »
Take out the ones who wouldnt work for parry, radioactiveman and the yanks and your left with

McLaren S 50/1 
 Capello F 50/1 
  Souness G 66/1 
 Coppell S 25/1   Vialli G 66/1 
Hughes M 25/1   Fowler R 100/1 
Koeman R 25/1   McManaman S 100/1 
  Van Basten M 12/1   Jewell P 33/1   Keegan K 125/1 
  Ince P 14/1   Redknapp H 40/1   Molby J 150/1 
  Toshack J 50/1   Whelan R 150/1 

what an awsome list. League championships and european cups here we come

Not being pedantic, but your missing Gary Megson off that list if Coyle goes to Bolton(!)

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: February 25, 2009, 01:21:52 pm »
Surely he can't be gone by the end of this week. Rafa is the right man for the job IMO, I would not take any manager in that list apart from maybe Mourinho.

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #687 on: February 25, 2009, 01:22:37 pm »
yeah forgot about megson, hed be good for us.

what about curbs aswell, and mabey we could get harry redknapp to leave spurs, hes a boss manager.

Dont forget mcleish, hes on his way out aswell.

Is trevor francis still around?
http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Hamstrung

• Anny Roader
« Reply #688 on: February 25, 2009, 01:23:24 pm »
yes, he is yet to sign his new contract, and internet rumour has gone mad

he will sign a new contract

I am glad everything is so certain in your world. Mine has shades of grey in it.

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #689 on: February 25, 2009, 01:24:09 pm »
Surely he can't be gone by the end of this week. Rafa is the right man for the job IMO, I would not take any manager in that list apart from maybe Mourinho.

The funny thing is, inter were shit last night. If mourinho came in (which he wouldnt, not with our owners and parry) and we played as shite as that, you lot would be wanting him out.

We are no better than a spurs, Manchester City or villa now.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Danroge(Y.N.W.A)

• Main Stander
  • eat sleep and breath liverpool f.c
« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2009, 01:25:12 pm »
i heard Kenny Dalglish was the favorite dont no how true it is now for me that sounds stranger than benitez leaving
i said a hip hop
the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop the rock it

to the bang bang boogie, say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

Offline Wezza

• Main Stander
  • We want 6!
« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2009, 01:26:42 pm »
g & h have probably just put a shed load on rafa still being here at the weekend, and hope to clear the debts this way, it is just a cunning ruse
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #692 on: February 25, 2009, 01:28:43 pm »
Am inclined to believe what Balague said on his website rather than the shit spouted by tabloids and betting companies.

Offline Lionel Rich Tea

• Anny Roader
« Reply #693 on: February 25, 2009, 01:29:54 pm »
yeah forgot about megson, hed be good for us.

what about curbs aswell, and mabey we could get harry redknapp to leave spurs, hes a boss manager.

Dont forget mcleish, hes on his way out aswell.

Is trevor francis still around?

Step forward Mr Howard Wilkinson, the rest of them haven't won any leagues at all. He's the man.

Offline Lionel Rich Tea

• Anny Roader
« Reply #694 on: February 25, 2009, 01:32:22 pm »
Am inclined to believe what Balague said on his website rather than the shit spouted by tabloids and betting companies.

And since I've seen him in my local pub in Widdy Widnes I am inclined to agree.

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #695 on: February 25, 2009, 01:33:39 pm »
Its laughable isnt it. I cant think of any managers who would do a better job than rafa with the same constraints.

Another laughable point is the people on about rafa playing negative football but they want mourino!
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Lionel Rich Tea

• Anny Roader
« Reply #696 on: February 25, 2009, 01:37:17 pm »
Mel Sterland and Steve Hodge backroom staff. No fucking worries over looking after them, Mel wants 40 Lambert in his back pocket every week and Hodge will make do with use of the club yute.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: February 25, 2009, 01:38:26 pm »
Its laughable isnt it. I cant think of any managers who would do a better job than rafa with the same constraints.

Another laughable point is the people on about rafa playing negative football but they want mourino!

Yeah that makes me laugh.

As much as Madrid being linked to Benitez, even though they fired Capello for winning the league but not doing it attractively enough.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #698 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:07 pm »

Theres None ..... would come even near IMO.

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #699 on: February 25, 2009, 01:40:42 pm »
Yeah that makes me laugh.

As much as Madrid being linked to Benítez, even though they fired Capello for winning the league but not doing it attractively enough.
I thought that was more to do with not winning the european cup.

But i know what your gettin at. I think football is fucked completley these days. Shanks wouldnt have lated 5 mins.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: February 25, 2009, 01:43:43 pm »
I do think it's interesting Dalglish has been made favorite.

If there's one person in world football who would soften the emotional blow of Rafa leaving, it's Dalglish.

I mean I coulnd't expect any manager in world football to be a given a warm welcome from the fans in the event there is an acrimonious ending to Rafa's tenure. But Dalglish would certainly not be booed or put under pressure by the fans.

Could be the way the owners are thinking, I dont know.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #701 on: February 25, 2009, 01:43:57 pm »
I am glad everything is so certain in your world. Mine has shades of grey in it.

i see in full technicolor mate so dont worry about that

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
« Reply #702 on: February 25, 2009, 01:46:03 pm »
Maybe the bookies have suspended betting because they can't lay the bets off? Anyway i think it is about time the media spotlight was taken off rafa for a change. this thread has been read over 33000 times. if only 10% of the people who read it went into a bookies in liverpool and put a fiver on moyes leaving everton the bookies would probably react in similar fashion...it would hit SSN headlines and we would all get a good laugh at the BS panicing.
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends.

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #703 on: February 25, 2009, 01:46:46 pm »
We are no better than a spurs, Manchester City or villa now.

What do you mean by that?
DAMMIT!

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #704 on: February 25, 2009, 01:46:57 pm »

If there's one person in world football who would soften the emotional blow of Rafa leaving, it's Dalglish.

I mean I coulnd't expect any manager in world football to be a given a warm welcome from the fans in the event there is an acrimonious ending to Rafa's tenure. But Dalglish would certainly not be booed or put under pressure by the fans.

But the thing is Kenny supports Rafa, so i can't see him coming in to help the Yanks soften the blow.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: February 25, 2009, 01:49:14 pm »
In happier news you can get odds of 66/1 on a European cup/League title double for us!

Fugg off all you naysayers im having a tenner on it

*remember istanbul*

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #706 on: February 25, 2009, 01:52:43 pm »
http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?titulo=Benitez%20Rumour%20Not%20True&id=175

25/02/2009 

Benitez Rumour Not True

In the last few hours the site has been inundated with emails asking if I can shed any light on the rumour that Rafa Benítez is on the brink of being sacked by Liverpool Football Club this evening.

There are reports that betting has been suspended on this particular market and the rumour that Benitez will be gone by the morning has spread like wildfire around the Liverpool supporters out here in Madrid and on the internet.

If I am honst, I am not entirely comfortable indulging in these stories at the moment as there is so much mis-information being spread around that it is impossible to respond accurately to every single report or rumour. However, because of the number of people who are getting in touch with us today, I feel I should respond.

I can say with absolute certainty, categorically, that Rafa Benitez will not be sacked as manager of Liverpool this evening and that these rumours are not true.

At the moment, the situation is delicate - and there have been developments with regard to the ongoing contractual negotiations at Anfield – and this is something that we will discuss here, on the website, once the Real Madrid fixture has been concluded in a couple of weeks time.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2009, 01:56:54 pm »
lawrenson has a lot to answer for...

but as long as he hasnt signed a new contract these rumours will persist and rafa, the team and the fans will all have to grin and bear it

Offline fromthepen

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • man and boy a red
« Reply #708 on: February 25, 2009, 01:57:12 pm »
I don't know whether RAFA is going or staying, but forget about Real, think closer to home, to a N/West club in fact.....think about what is going on at Man City.

Hughes will go end of season if not sooner, that is a banker. The mega rich arab owners want success quickly, they want but can't get the big name players. They  have loads of money but theri now fully aware that they need to appoint a manager that can persuade the big names players to go there.

They can offer their new manager a fantastic salary, they can tell him he has total control of the club from top to bottom and that he has a blank cheque book and can sign anyone he likes.

So who of the top managers would have the status/qudos/appeal to meet the goals of the arab owners? I can only think of a handful that could attract the major players to that club;

Mourinho
Hiddink

and errr......Rafa

I can't think of anyone else....can you

let me see LFC win one more title before my time is up!

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #709 on: February 25, 2009, 01:57:51 pm »
http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?titulo=Benítez%20Rumour%20Not%20True&id=175

25/02/2009 

Benítez Rumour Not True

In the last few hours the site has been inundated with emails asking if I can shed any light on the rumour that Rafa Benítez is on the brink of being sacked by Liverpool Football Club this evening.

There are reports that betting has been suspended on this particular market and the rumour that Benítez will be gone by the morning has spread like wildfire around the Liverpool supporters out here in Madrid and on the internet.

If I am honst, I am not entirely comfortable indulging in these stories at the moment as there is so much mis-information being spread around that it is impossible to respond accurately to every single report or rumour. However, because of the number of people who are getting in touch with us today, I feel I should respond.

I can say with absolute certainty, categorically, that Rafa Benítez will not be sacked as manager of Liverpool this evening and that these rumours are not true.

At the moment, the situation is delicate - and there have been developments with regard to the ongoing contractual negotiations at Anfield – and this is something that we will discuss here, on the website, once the Real Madrid fixture has been concluded in a couple of weeks time.

Seems that GB is being careful with his words "this evening" and he says the situation is delicate, something is going on and Rafa will go in my opinion, whether he is sacked or walks I think is the only question that GB raises

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #710 on: February 25, 2009, 01:58:40 pm »
http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?titulo=Benítez%20Rumour%20Not%20True&id=175

25/02/2009 

Benítez Rumour Not True

There are reports that betting has been suspended on this particular market and the rumour that Benítez will be gone by the morning has spread like wildfire around the Liverpool supporters out here in Madrid and on the internet.

I can say with absolute certainty, categorically, that Rafa Benítez will not be sacked as manager of Liverpool this evening and that these rumours are not true.

good to hear that but i still think balague lets on that he knows more than he actually does

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #711 on: February 25, 2009, 02:02:54 pm »
Yeah, like Kenny will be more than happy to jump into bed with the yanks after seeing what has happened with Rafa (before any rubbish of him walking out/being sack even gets considered)....

More crap.
......and could he play!

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #712 on: February 25, 2009, 02:14:25 pm »
I like the way people know sore sure he will sign a new contract, perhaps someone can PM me next weeks lottery numers too.  At the end of the day, we know there are issues with the contract, rafa has walked before, the yanks are stupid, the yanks are liars, rafa deserves more, parry is a wank stain.  Mix all those ingrediends and you dont get a nice cake. 
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: February 25, 2009, 02:14:35 pm »
Seems that GB is being careful with his words "this evening" and he says the situation is delicate, something is going on and Rafa will go in my opinion, whether he is sacked or walks I think is the only question that GB raises
GB always waffles with his words. Always leaves himself wiggle room. So I don't think we can read too much into them.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #714 on: February 25, 2009, 02:18:43 pm »
Its all bollocks people
Rafa will stay and will sign the deal

That is all .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: February 25, 2009, 02:20:36 pm »
here are two emails i have receieved off a friend who works at the gaurdian newspaper, for me i still think its all shit.

Plunge On Benítez To Quit Anfield

Sky Bet have cut Rafa Benítez’s odds of vacating the Liverpool hot
seat by the start of next season to 1/4 from 10/11 today following a
flurry of bets on the Spaniard’s departure.

Sky Bet’s Dale Tempest said, “Discussions between Benítez and the club
on a new contract seem to have been going on for ages and, if the
money we’ve seen this morning is correct, it would seem that those
negotiations have broken down.”

Sky Bet have also chalked up Jose Mourinho as 5/1 favourite to succeed
Benítez, with Kenny Dalglish quoted at 10/1 to make a return to
Anfield.

Bye Bye Benítez...William Hill Suspend Betting On Benítez Sack!

William Hill have been forced to suspend their betting on the next
Premier League manager to go after Rafa Benítez was backed off the boards
by Hill's customers to be the ninth manager to go.

At 5pm on Tuesday night Rafa Benítez was a 20/1 outsider to be the
next manager to go and despite Man Utd & Arsenal playing in the
Champions League Hills were flooded with calls for Rafa to leave his
post by the weekend. Hills cut the price all the way in to Evens and
suspended betting at 9.30 this morning.

"We are slightly jumpy after being turned over by the recent 'Weymouth
coup' but the level of interest on Rafa getting the sack is
unprecedented with over 300 calls logged today alone. We would be very
surprised if Rafa is still the Liverpool boss by midnight on Sunday,"
said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.

Further information...Rupert Adams...0208 918 3858

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:27:18 pm by Lenstar »

Offline Peeker

• Blames Rafa for fucking up Johnson deal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Simply Magnificent
« Reply #716 on: February 25, 2009, 02:28:37 pm »
Rupert Adams...what a fucking annoying name that is.

Twat. Heard some person that I find irritating on sky last weekend (that is the beaut that is Rob Beasley) after we had drawn v City that Chelsea were back in the title race after beating Villa and we were out of it...Now how does that work with us being 3 points clear of them?

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #717 on: February 25, 2009, 02:31:52 pm »

The King wouldn't touch the Yanks with a barge-pole!
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline RedGirlSuzie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only hero we need!
« Reply #718 on: February 25, 2009, 02:35:10 pm »
The King wouldn't touch the Yanks with a barge-pole!

To be fair I don't think Jose would either after all the crap with Chelsea - likes to be in full charge of the team like Rafa wants to be
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: 'Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!'

What a legend this man is!

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #719 on: February 25, 2009, 02:42:05 pm »
Can someone tell me if bookies are correct more times than wrong when suspending betting??? im not a pro gambler and would not know?
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.