Author Topic: Wheres Rafa''s new contract?  (Read 154277 times)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
Re: Wheres Rafa''s new contract?
« Reply #640 on: February 25, 2009, 09:04:04 am »
If it's coming from to Mark Lawrenson  i would ignore it ;)

;)

Nah, I wouldn't have that turncoat girly-voiced twats number on my phone.

Heard from my lad who's in Madrid
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: February 25, 2009, 09:15:48 am »
Benitez: 'My Liverpool FC future not down to one tie'

Feb 25 2009 by Ian Doyle, Daily Post

RAFAEL BENITEZ does not believe his future will be determined by the outcome of the Champions League showdown with Real Madrid.

The Spaniard returns to the Bernabeu this evening for Liverpool’s first knockout round first leg tie against the club where he spent 16 years as a player and coach.

With their Premier League challenge faltering in recent weeks, Europe has again emerged as the most likely route to silverware for the Anfield outfit.

And it means Benitez will give Steven Gerrard every chance to prove his fitness after missing the last three weeks with a hamstring tear.

The clash with Real has taken on extra significance given the current impasse over the Spaniard’s contract, which has now dragged on for almost four months.

An early elimination from the Champions League would undoubtedly weaken the manager’s hand during negotiations with American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

But asked if tonight’s game was important to his contract, Benitez said: “I don’t think so. It’s an important game for the club. You know the situation and we have to wait.

“You have to judge a manager on his career, not one or two games. That’s my idea. If you have to decide a manager’s future on one or two games, I don’t think that’s the best decision.”

Doubts remain over Gerrard’s availability, with the player having taken part in only light training on Monday and further non-contact work in last night’s session at the Bernabeu.  And Benitez has admitted no decision has yet been made over whether the skipper will be named in the starting line-up. “We’ll decide after we talk with him after training,” said the Anfield manager. "It depends on the player. In the end we will talk with him and the doctor. Gerrard is more mature now and knows he has to give something to us. So if he is not ready, then he will say he is not ready. We aren’t trying to hide anything. We just want to make sure the player is okay and we don’t want to take any risks. But as always, the most important thing for us is the next game. And this is a massive game.”

Benitez spent seven years at Real in the youth and reserve ranks before injury ended his playing days. He then returned to the club in 1986 to work in various coaching capacities.

But the Liverpool manager dismissed suggestions his historic Bernabeu ties have given him any extra incentive for progress.

“There are people still working here from I was last here,” said Benitez, who also refused to be drawn on whether he would consider any offer to return to Real at the end of the season, when presidential elections will be held.  I can see a lot of friends. I have people here who I have good memories with. But my motivation is just to win a Champions League game against a top side in Europe. I’m a professional, so I want to help my side win.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2009/02/25/benitez-my-liverpool-fc-future-not-down-to-one-tie-55578-23003810/
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #642 on: February 25, 2009, 09:16:45 am »
Nah, I wouldn't have that turncoat girly-voiced twats number on my phone.

Heard from my lad who's in Madrid

Once it Say's it in the Bible .. i believe it ..

THE BIBLE
Got a text from someone literally a minute ago,staying with the team,just told me it's a load of bollocks!!!
Mischief makers at work,Chinese Whispers!

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #643 on: February 25, 2009, 10:15:03 am »
Thank fuck for Gedo i say..
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2009, 10:52:22 am »
“You have to judge a manager on his career, not one or two games. That’s my idea. If you have to decide a manager’s future on one or two games, I don’t think that’s the best decision.”

We beat them then he is still a dead man walking in the next round, these bastards want rid of Rafa well if he goes they can kiss their CL money good bye because we wont be in it for a good few years.
Midtable mediocracy here we come.

YANKS OUT NOW!!!!!!!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline 4-2-3-1

• dyscalculic
  • Kopite
« Reply #645 on: February 25, 2009, 11:04:56 am »
We beat them then he is still a dead man walking in the next round, these bastards want rid of Rafa well if he goes they can kiss their CL money good bye because we wont be in it for a good few years.

YANKS OUT NOW!!!!!!!!

Oh dear ::)  If they want rid why are they are on their 4/5/6th draft of his contract, letting him get away with acting like a tit since this contract stuff started? Yes, Gillett hates him but Hicks calls the shots pretty much anyway and wants him to stay, granted because it helps him politically, nevertheless Hicks is not completely stupid. We were having a great season, now its ok.

Other managers are capable of getting us results, and taking us where we want to be surely? He isn't the messiah, some of his decisions leave a lot to be desired. That said, I think he is the right man for the job and has 'earned' a new contract.

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:15 am »
Too many people reacting here.

We don't know Rafa's rejected the new contract offer, it sounds like the usual media's agenda against us, with nothing factual to back it up.
Rafa said he wanted to leave the contract negotiations until the summer, and hasn't said anything to change that.
Haven't we a game tonight?

Why would he leave now?

Think about it all.
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #647 on: February 25, 2009, 11:52:48 am »
Too many people reacting here.

We don't know Rafa's rejected the new contract offer, it sounds like the usual media's agenda against us, with nothing factual to back it up.
Rafa said he wanted to leave the contract negotiations until the summer, and hasn't said anything to change that.
Haven't we a game tonight?

Why would he leave now?

Think about it all.
Someone got a text message, 100% proof IMO
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: February 25, 2009, 11:58:00 am »
Someone got a text message, 100% proof IMO

;D
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #649 on: February 25, 2009, 12:08:57 pm »

YANKS OUT NOW!!!!!!!!

want to justify your ramblings with any possible facts, rather than just your pathetic hate shite?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:18:34 pm by Something Else »

Offline Emon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #650 on: February 25, 2009, 12:15:47 pm »
At the moment i wouldn't trust any newspaper just look at the bollocks the daily mail is publishing like the one a week or so ago that was posted talking about us playing at the nou camp rather than the bernabeu. All the comments where negative too and not a single one positive one was posted when people from here started commenting too (at least when i last checked)

Heres another
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1154743/Rafas-talking-Real-mess-eve-Madrid-test.html?ITO=1490

Theres definitely a agenda/witch hunt

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: February 25, 2009, 12:16:31 pm »
Just heard on Talksport that betting has been suspended on Rafa leaving at several bookmakers. Hopefully bollocks, but they are often right.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #652 on: February 25, 2009, 12:17:18 pm »
Just heard on Talksport that betting has been suspended on Rafa leaving at several bookmakers. Hopefully bollocks, but they are often right.

they are right, betting has stopped

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 25, 2009, 12:17:49 pm »
Got a text from someone literally a minute ago,staying with the team,just told me it's a load of bollocks!!!
Mischief makers at work,Chinese Whispers!

there was someone on here telling people about something a player of ours may have said, I know you saw it Gedo and FS was incensed by it.

just listening to SSN about lots of bets on him to walk and low and behold he talks about how 'some player is thought to have told a paper that Rafa will go etc' People have to learn starting this shit makes our club look like a shambles just before a big game like this and the end of the season.

We have to remember alot of journalists and bookies etc scroll through these forums to try and get 'inside' knowledge. They will spin it like it is gospel.
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #654 on: February 25, 2009, 12:17:53 pm »
No smoke without fire. Looks like our shithouse fans get what they deserve.

I certainly wont be paying for my season ticket for a few years, ill rent itout.
http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #655 on: February 25, 2009, 12:19:42 pm »
Wonder how long a plan alan curbishly is going to have when he comes in. Well done lads.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #656 on: February 25, 2009, 12:20:22 pm »
there was someone on here telling people about something a player of ours may have said, I know you saw it Gedo and FS was incensed by it.

just listening to SSN about lots of bets on him to walk and low and behold he talks about how 'some player is thought to have told a paper that Rafa will go etc' People have to learn starting this shit makes our club look like a shambles just before a big game like this and the end of the season.

We have to remember alot of journalists and bookies etc scroll through these forums to try and get 'inside' knowledge. They will spin it like it is gospel.

the problem is those who read it and bet in this case

lots of people have put money on it, thats all, no truth in him wanting out, walking out or anything coming from him or the club that he will, just people reacting to stuff they here and like Raptor did, think that he will make some money out of it if it happens

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: February 25, 2009, 12:25:10 pm »
the problem is those who read it and bet in this case

lots of people have put money on it, thats all, no truth in him wanting out, walking out or anything coming from him or the club that he will, just people reacting to stuff they here and like Raptor did, think that he will make some money out of it if it happens

thats exactly my point people need to think before they post. in the last 16 of the CL playing a huge away game tonight and in second place and some of our fans are on a witch hunt with shite rumours.
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #659 on: February 25, 2009, 12:25:15 pm »
Betting suspended

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/bookmakers-suspend-betting-on-Benítez-exit-1631810.html

titanic has just hit an ice berg too,

Im more worried about the reprecussions to Liverpool of that

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #660 on: February 25, 2009, 12:27:29 pm »
Boring ....

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #661 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:58 pm »
Does any other club get as many "bookies have suspended betting" headlines? Henry, Gerrard to go, Benitez to go last season etc etc, fucking irritating especially as it still sucks people in.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #662 on: February 25, 2009, 12:29:21 pm »
thats exactly my point people need to think before they post. in the last 16 of the CL playing a huge away game tonight and in second place and some of our fans are on a witch hunt with shite rumours.

those that peddle such shite as

YANKS OUT NOW!!!!!!!!

which is just hate filled made up nonsense don't care.

I have seen so many rumors start on here and hit the papers, some simple stuff, some more elaborate. It does not have to come from an informed poster, or even a reliable one, things can be taken for what they are.

Someone may come on to read this forum, see a comment like the one i quoted above, and if one person agrees they may thing shit.... i best put some money on this shit, and it spirals out of control.

I would very much doubt if anyone who has betted on it has any concrete info.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #663 on: February 25, 2009, 12:30:06 pm »
Does any other club get as many "bookies have suspended betting" headlines? Henry, Gerrard to go, Benítez to go last season etc etc, fucking irritating especially as it still sucks people in.

Moyes a few weeks ago.

Last season im sure betting stopped on Wenger going to real too

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 25, 2009, 12:51:38 pm »
Does anyone with an ounce of common sense or decency think Benítez would walk out on the club at this stage of the season?

Get a grip and fucking calm down.

Got a big game to play have we?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #665 on: February 25, 2009, 12:52:18 pm »
Does anyone with an ounce of common sense or decency think Benítez would walk out on the club at this stage of the season?

Big game to play have we?

I think the yanks , parry and mr radioactive would force him out.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: February 25, 2009, 12:52:42 pm »

Aye, spot on, brouver.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #667 on: February 25, 2009, 12:54:14 pm »

although i think he will stay, the betting is that he wont be for the start of next season

Offline Hamstrung

• Anny Roader
« Reply #668 on: February 25, 2009, 12:55:14 pm »
Thank fuck for Gedo i say..

Quality sarcasm.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #669 on: February 25, 2009, 01:02:17 pm »
although i think he will stay, the betting is that he wont be for the start of next season

Fuck next season, William Hill are saying the week end!??!
Haven't we been here before though? Rafa was odds on to go over the Klinsmann debacle.

Having said that a william Hill spokesman said they recieved a flood of money from over 300 customers last night with his price falling from 20/1 to even money.
More money this morning caused the closing of the book.

Paddy Power and Ladbrokes are no longer taking any bets either.

Strangr thing is Dalglish is the Favourite to take the job.  Now that is strange.

Personally, I don't believe it but you never know
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Hamstrung

• Anny Roader
« Reply #670 on: February 25, 2009, 01:06:31 pm »
He's off

Believe!

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #671 on: February 25, 2009, 01:07:10 pm »

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: February 25, 2009, 01:07:31 pm »
Markets are suspended because of finance not because of credence.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #673 on: February 25, 2009, 01:09:35 pm »
Skybet prices

Dalglish K 3/1   Lippi M 14/1   McLaren S 50/1 
  Mourinho J 10/1   Schuster B 14/1   Capello F 50/1 
  Ancelotti C 12/1   Klinsmann J 20/1   Souness G 66/1 
  Hiddink G 12/1   Coppell S 25/1   Vialli G 66/1 
  Rijkaard F 12/1   Hughes M 25/1   Fowler R 100/1 
  Scolari P 12/1   Koeman R 25/1   McManaman S 100/1 
  Van Basten M 12/1   Jewell P 33/1   Keegan K 125/1 
  Ince P 14/1   Redknapp H 40/1   Molby J 150/1 
  O Neill M 14/1   Toshack J 50/1   Whelan R 150/1 

Quite funny mix, wouldn't waste my dough on any of them
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: February 25, 2009, 01:10:41 pm »
Skybet prices

Dalglish K 3/1   Lippi M 14/1   McLaren S 50/1 
  Mourinho J 10/1   Schuster B 14/1   Capello F 50/1 
  Ancelotti C 12/1   Klinsmann J 20/1   Souness G 66/1 
  Hiddink G 12/1   Coppell S 25/1   Vialli G 66/1 
  Rijkaard F 12/1   Hughes M 25/1   Fowler R 100/1 
  Scolari P 12/1   Koeman R 25/1   McManaman S 100/1 
  Van Basten M 12/1   Jewell P 33/1   Keegan K 125/1 
  Ince P 14/1   Redknapp H 40/1   Molby J 150/1 
  O Neill M 14/1   Toshack J 50/1   Whelan R 150/1 

the only ones really worth a punt on is ancelotti and rijkaard

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: February 25, 2009, 01:11:48 pm »

Hilarious in fact.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #676 on: February 25, 2009, 01:12:32 pm »
Fowler and McManamananamanman 100/1

Now there's a thought :o

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #677 on: February 25, 2009, 01:12:37 pm »
Take out the ones who wouldnt work for parry, radioactiveman and the yanks and your left with

McLaren S 50/1 
 Capello F 50/1 
  Souness G 66/1 
 Coppell S 25/1   Vialli G 66/1 
Hughes M 25/1   Fowler R 100/1 
Koeman R 25/1   McManaman S 100/1 
  Van Basten M 12/1   Jewell P 33/1   Keegan K 125/1 
  Ince P 14/1   Redknapp H 40/1   Molby J 150/1 
  Toshack J 50/1   Whelan R 150/1 

what an awsome list. League championships and european cups here we come
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #678 on: February 25, 2009, 01:14:34 pm »
Cant be bothered looking through tread to see if this is covered however there was a guy on Irish radio this morning who had talked to Rafa's advisors and 1) No he is not walking away 2) there is ONE  specific problem with the contract 3) they are talking over this problem and hope to resolve it soon.

Now not an earth shattering interview however i think it is what all off us suspect is happening. He would not elaborate on the One problem but he did indicate it was noting Rafa would walk out of negotiations over. Think the hysteria needs to stop ref the other threads and betting patterns.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #679 on: February 25, 2009, 01:14:43 pm »
Markets are suspended because of finance not because of credence.

I agree, William Hill protecting their losses ond others trying not to get stung!