Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5783188 times)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I like the fact you underestimate Arsenal this season!!
« Reply #560 on: November 4, 2008, 04:17:09 pm »
So whenever asks him about his young team he's going to start correcting that fallacy? Good on him.

We can only wish. They will forever be young to Mr Wenger.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #561 on: November 4, 2008, 04:47:55 pm »
Wenger = Blind voyeur
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: November 4, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »
On SkyPorts news in his CL press conference, he was saying their tackling was cowardly. Got quite heated about it, said he wouldn't hear stuff about his team that wasn't true.

He complains all the time abot teams having the temerity to tackle, be strong etc though
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline flabby

• Kopite
« Reply #563 on: November 4, 2008, 05:04:22 pm »
what a bitter twat wenger is. sad old man, leave him be

Offline rogermoore

• rush hour bus shuffler
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fancy a game you non-bamboo eating gimp?
« Reply #564 on: November 4, 2008, 05:11:11 pm »
I must say alot of you on here think Arsenal will finsh 4th place. I thnk all you fans and pundits are going to be in for a shock if you underesitmate the Arsenal, we maybe young but we finshed 3rd above you last season and this year we can be title contenders no doubt.

I like the fact you over estimate your own team but that is natural.  At least you are still playing pretty football.  Unless Wenger starts to spend you will only ever play pretty football and never win anything again.

Offline Irish Kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #565 on: November 4, 2008, 05:13:41 pm »
tough games comming up utd be lucky to get a draw villa and man city will fancy a crack off them and then chelsea with one point from the last 2 spurs and stoke can't see them getting much from the next few games could be out of the race by the end of the month

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: November 4, 2008, 05:23:15 pm »
On SkyPorts news in his CL press conference, he was saying their tackling was cowardly. Got quite heated about it, said he wouldn't hear stuff about his team that wasn't true.

the tackle on Ade was bad, I'll grant Arsene that, and not sure if the effort on Walcott was going for the ball but wouldn't call it cowardly and if felt that way, he should have said that either on the day or afterwards

Edit: ok this was fair enough
"Do you think Delap tried to play the ball when he tackled Walcott? "Or that Shawcross tried to play the ball when he tackled Adebayor off the pitch?"
Certainly Shacwross from behind when the ball is out of play was bad but why bring it up now?

I don't think Stoke were as bad as Arsene makes out but his point of coming out on top against teams like that only works if he win.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2008, 05:28:35 pm by MagicHat »

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #567 on: November 4, 2008, 06:06:23 pm »
Looks like a lot of other people think you are bit soft in the centre as well:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/poll/2008/nov/03/arsenal-premier-league-title

70% reckon you are not going to win the title.

As for Stoke well yes they did manage to operate right up to the edge of  rules but so what, its not their job to entertain Arsenal fans or to make life easier to for the Arsenal manager, as for his little lads getting injury;

Firstly Adebayour is not exactly a lightweight player
Secondly perhaps he should stop sending out boys to do a mans job
Thirdly if he had managed to to properly replace Vieira with a player that could also actually take control of a game and the team and wouldn't take shit from the opposition, his lads wouldn't at such risk week in week out.

It really is time for him to stop moaning and start justifying his very considerable wages by delivering some improvement from his highly talented but frankly underperforming team.

Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline sabbathfan

• Every Day I Like Sunday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why So Serious?
« Reply #568 on: November 4, 2008, 06:52:01 pm »
I think its ridiculous that he could suggest another teams players deliberately injured his players. Thats bullshit!
There is probably no GOD. Stop worrying about it and LIVE your LIFE

Offline Irish Kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #569 on: November 4, 2008, 07:27:25 pm »
wenger is after reliesing that his team will not win anything this year and will find it hard to finish 4th he made a mistake leaving gilberto leave should have done more to keep flamini and helb

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #570 on: November 5, 2008, 02:19:25 am »
I like the fact that Arsenal have turned into AC Milan's feeder club.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: November 5, 2008, 02:25:06 am »
stoke could easily do him for libel

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #572 on: November 5, 2008, 02:34:27 am »
I was going to say Slander until I read this.

slander

A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

You can learn something new everyday.

I don't think they'll bother though.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #573 on: November 5, 2008, 04:34:13 am »
What's struck me of late is that wenger's primary concern is his own mythology, he seems more interested in his own image as some sort of svengali than signing the players they need, arsenal fans have a nasty habit of believing their own bullshit and it seems to have filtered up.

Would he rather have a big win in the league cup against a first division side and the associated wankfest or three points against a bottom half side ?
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline FieldsOfAnfieldRoad

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #574 on: November 5, 2008, 06:53:18 am »
So he's depriving himself of sound as well as sight now. I think he wants rid of all his senses aside from touch, he'll have way more fun identifying youngsters that way.

;D
All round the Fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play)
We had Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: November 5, 2008, 07:14:10 am »
Firstly Adebayour is not exactly a lightweight player
Secondly perhaps he should stop sending out boys to do a mans job
Thirdly if he had managed to to properly replace Vieira with a player that could also actually take control of a game and the team and wouldn't take shit from the opposition, his lads wouldn't at such risk week in week out.

since when did that make Shawcrosses "tackle" acceptable.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #576 on: November 5, 2008, 09:22:03 am »
It doesn't, but it also doesn't mean that Arsenal have a God-given right to play under a special set of rules because they decide  to send out a bunch of young lads to try and play pretty football.

Its a physical contact sport and sadly that means occasionally some players will deliberatly overstep the mark or will accidently miss time tackles and players get injured as a result, if Wenger can't accept that reality of the game then he should pack it in and start coaching Netball instead.
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: November 5, 2008, 09:58:35 am »
No, what should happen is that ref's send off people who punch others in the stomach (Morgon on Van Persie), those that try to kick people out of the game (Gallas on Nani last year), stamps on necks (Perderson attempt on Cesc), two footed dangerous lunges (Senderos on some Villa bloke), you get the idea. The press should condem those who make no attempt to play the ball but to hurt others and actually consider, before going soft centre, whether the other team went out to kick. Sometimes Arsene is too quick to claim it, other times he he as a point but the press seem to consider it acceptable. Also Arsene should check the plank in his own eye

Ever player should have the right to go onto the pitch and emerge 90 minutes later having not been deliberately fouled. That doesn't happen and that is a shame. There is nothing wrong with a crunching tackle as long as he doesn't go through the guy first, isn't doing it recklessly and that he gets the ball, defending is an art form where he outwits the striker by fair means. There is everything wrong with going into a player from behind when the ball is out of play and the press should be condemning that.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: November 5, 2008, 10:08:18 pm »
If we are just telling centrebacks then Campbell was superb. Aside from that? Gallas, whatever his leadership qualities, has been very good for us and if he wasn't captain and been alongside a club favourite, wouldn't get so criticized. In fairness to Toure, he was very good for awhile but has failed to improve certain aspects and without the pace he used to have, has lost form completely. Silvestere, we will see how he does but early signs are good. We will also see if Senderos does better abroad as his record in the CL and internationals suggested he will.

Oleg turned into a deputy rightback and Grimandi is something of a cult figure, he was reliable enough depth. It isn't his strong point defence but Arsene has got in some decent players there. Orgnastion and partnering the right ones may be more of a problem, dropping Senderos and Gallas partnership when they were playing superbly for the returning half fit Toure last season was a horrible error.

I forgot Campbell and yes, if Gallas was played next to Terry/Vidic/Skrtel etc he'd be fine.

Never really rated Toure although as someone above posted he played in the unbeaten side. I just think he gets lost easy and is too frenetic as a centre half. Too worried about sticking his nose everywhere else to concentrate on his own game plus he's poor in the air.

I guess my point was that Wenger seems to be targetting footballing talent but is forgetting it was old school experience like Adams/Keown/Campbell that have underpinned his successful side.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: November 5, 2008, 10:10:13 pm »
since when did that make Shawcrosses "tackle" acceptable.
Shawcross's tackle was poor and went through the back of his ankle. If that tackle put Torres out we'd be ballistic.

The delap one on Walcott was nothing. He hurt his shoulder on landing that's all.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #580 on: November 5, 2008, 11:44:28 pm »

He should look at some the tackles done in tonight's game against Fenerbache

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: November 5, 2008, 11:47:21 pm »

Or even the one his player got a red for in the same game!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #582 on: November 5, 2008, 11:53:48 pm »
Or even the one his player got a red for in the same game!

Indeed

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #583 on: November 6, 2008, 12:11:51 am »
This is almost as 'tarded as the Ramos Vs Benitez thread. Almost.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: November 6, 2008, 02:21:27 am »
This is almost as 'tarded as the Ramos Vs Benitez thread. Almost.

We're missing that magic ingredient...where's Xxavvi?
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: November 6, 2008, 05:45:22 am »
We're missing that magic ingredient...where's Xxavvi?

Trapped in the Barcelona equivilent of Azkahban. Three Dementors keep him in a small 5ftx5ft cell by kicking a flaming football in a triangle around him constantly. He marvels at the technique, but fails to recognise the irony. He, so often like the teams he admires, is going nowhere because of it.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: November 6, 2008, 05:49:34 am »
Trapped in the Barcelona equivilent of Azkahban. Three Dementors keep him in a small 5ftx5ft cell by kicking a flaming football in a triangle around him constantly. He marvels at the technique, but fails to recognise the irony. He, so often like the teams he admires, is going nowhere because of it.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: November 6, 2008, 07:17:01 am »

Djorour's was bad and should have been redcarded, Silvestere deserved at least a booking for the arm in the face in the first half. However those are the only ones I can recall being dubious from us

It is odd. We tend to get red cards we shouldn't while the opposition get away with time-wasting and blatant hacking from both the ref and the press. I remember when the FA handed Sol a suspension for something the guy he "fouled" admitted was fouled and sky was acting as if Sol had got out a gun and starting shooting people. Then Bolton injured so many of our players that we ended up using all our subs and having to field half fit players. We drew 2-2 and lost the title :butt

Yet while we get stupid redcards, we get away with a lot of bad stuff too. Djorou's tackle last night, Flamini's assault on a Villa player last season, the attempts to kick Nani off the park after he showed some brilliant skill.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2008, 07:49:33 am by MagicHat »

Offline JohnnyDrama

• hey new members to RAWK: He's a really really annoying feedback tourist and thick. If you dont believe me, he even admitted it himself. Post-match angler
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #588 on: November 6, 2008, 07:37:43 am »
Never realised how shite Van Persie is, used to think he was half decent but the amount of chances he misses is unbelievable. Yes he's had his injuries but he's missed so many easy chances, would so frustrated if I was an Arsenal fan.

Think arsenal players need to eat some beefcake an hit the gym.
Greatest Band in the world.

www.myspace.com/brandnew

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #589 on: November 6, 2008, 09:29:18 am »
Never realised how shite Van Persie is, used to think he was half decent but the amount of chances he misses is unbelievable. Yes he's had his injuries but he's missed so many easy chances, would so frustrated if I was an Arsenal fan.

Think arsenal players need to eat some beefcake an hit the gym.

that sounds like our Robbie Keane or Dirk Kuyt....or Gerrard since this weekend :P
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #590 on: November 6, 2008, 01:58:19 pm »

I absolutely love your posts :D
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: November 6, 2008, 04:08:41 pm »
gooners et al:
I'm always puzzled why wenger doesn't use toure as the defensive mid enforcer.....he has all of essiens gifts and is probably a better footballer.......perhaps he doesn't have the right mindset for the position, like gerrard?

I think that senderos was very unlucky, he got bested by drogba more than once at a time when drogba was unstoppable by anyone. the african cup and a couple of devastating injuries fucked what should have been your title last year ...... I'm sick of hearing how arsenal aren't this and that cos, what, they lose the odd football match?....fuck this time last year they were playing football that was easily the best in the world.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: November 6, 2008, 04:21:38 pm »
Wenger has said Toure doesn't have the stamina for it

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: November 8, 2008, 04:12:01 am »

cheers.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: November 8, 2008, 04:29:48 am »
You are a man of unrivaled brilliance, my good sir. ;D
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: November 8, 2008, 07:09:53 am »
he should have included "brains and composure" as well.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: November 8, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »
I will happily admit I underestimated Arsenal today. Although with defending from the top like that, I doubt they will hold on to the win against teams like the Mancs too often.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #597 on: November 8, 2008, 02:52:59 pm »
I will happily admit I underestimated Arsenal today. Although with defending from the top like that, I doubt they will hold on to the win against teams like the Mancs too often.

Funnily enough I didnt underestimate them, no matter how shite they seem to be, they always seem to come through against the Mancs...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: November 8, 2008, 02:53:35 pm »
Well played Arsenal today. Villa at home next week, so another 3 points for them
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: November 8, 2008, 02:59:25 pm »
To be fair to the child-snatcher and his fucked up version of the playdays bus, they did have a good record against the big 4 a couple of years ago (we were the only one to beat them), and they were shit in the other games back then.

Didn't even underestimate them this time. My Arsenal predictions this season are pretty spot on 8)

Who have they got next, Villa at home? Back to dropping points me thinks.