Author Topic: The Hip Hop Thread  (Read 801213 times)

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Re: The Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #9320 on: September 2, 2018, 09:52:52 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UKmzv8bew_g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UKmzv8bew_g</a>

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmzv8bew_g

Not sure this has embedded, but new Toast Gang BIG BENZ is picking up speed online.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9321 on: September 3, 2018, 08:01:24 pm »
Machine Gun Kelly dissed Eminem, solid diss, will be interesting if Em responds and bodies him.

https://youtu.be/4sNCyiyIc_8

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #9322 on: September 4, 2018, 10:52:03 am »
Machine Gun Kelly dissed Eminem, solid diss, will be interesting if Em responds and bodies him.

https://youtu.be/4sNCyiyIc_8

Yep decent that, some great bars in there - hopefully he responds to it!
JFT97

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9323 on: September 4, 2018, 12:01:42 pm »
MGK released a solid diss track.  Some real nice bars.

Good he responded as he didnt have too.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9324 on: September 4, 2018, 01:16:59 pm »
I imagine he will, at least I hope he will, makes it more interesting.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9325 on: September 4, 2018, 01:17:27 pm »
Yeah it was alright actually. Hope there's a response from Eminem as he only had a few bars for mgk compared to him coming back with a whole song

I'm not into the whole showing love either on a diss record.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9326 on: September 4, 2018, 01:28:40 pm »
Yeah it was alright actually. Hope there's a response from Eminem as he only had a few bars for mgk compared to him coming back with a whole song

I'm not into the whole showing love either on a diss record.

yeah and the ''you're so rich, i'm trying to eat too'' feel of the track

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9327 on: September 6, 2018, 10:58:52 am »
The fall and Lucky you....Ringer too. Excellent stuff, up there in his catalogue of bangers for me

Thing with Em is his skill is ridiculous which is why he is a goat. His music may not be for everyone but as a lyricist he can't be denied.
Not been much into what he has released after Eminem show either but this latest album was definitley proving a few points and i think would be great to retire on. could have done that at many points over the last few years tho

maybe will body MGK first. That was a solid diss, best i've heard since that "dear slim" track so will look forward to how this pans out.

(dont post here but this is one of the threads i lurk from time to time - am a child of the early 80s, 2pac, nas, em would make up my top 3 id say and not hot on much in the last decade apart from the odd tracks here and there so hello  :wave )
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9328 on: September 6, 2018, 08:29:56 pm »
One of Eminem's producers says Em will respond to the diss soon.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9329 on: September 7, 2018, 01:35:04 pm »
That jessie reyez kills them two tracks on kamikaze. Never heard of her before. Boggles the mind even more why he was doing shit with Beyonce and Ed Sheeran before

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9330 on: September 8, 2018, 01:56:10 am »
Mac Miller dead at 26 off a suspected overdose. RIP that is fucking shite news.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9331 on: September 8, 2018, 02:15:26 am »
Mac Miller dead at 26 off a suspected overdose. RIP that is fucking shite news.

Just came to post this, RIP, so damn sad, I was never a fan of his music but by all accounts he was a good lad.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9332 on: September 8, 2018, 02:17:09 am »
Just came to post this, RIP, so damn sad, I was never a fan of his music but by all accounts he was a good lad.

His last few albums have been really good mate, I wasn’t a fan when he first came on the scene but from “Watching Movies With The Sound Off” he got better and better.

Such a shame man.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9333 on: September 8, 2018, 08:15:22 am »
Just heard about Mac Miller. That's fucked up. RIP

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9334 on: September 14, 2018, 07:57:18 pm »
https://audiomack.com/song/eminem/killshot

Eminem response. It's alright like. It's no sauce or nail in the coffin but it's pretty tight. Nothing too personal.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:02:51 pm by Upinsmoke »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9335 on: September 14, 2018, 09:14:30 pm »
https://audiomack.com/song/eminem/killshot

Eminem response. It's alright like. It's no sauce or nail in the coffin but it's pretty tight. Nothing too personal.

I listened to it several times, like the beat and his flow on it, and the key punch lines in it, but MGK ain't winning this if he continues to respond.

He also mentioned Diddy sent out a hit on Pac!  :o

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9336 on: September 14, 2018, 09:28:51 pm »
I listened to it several times, like the beat and his flow on it, and the key punch lines in it, but MGK ain't winning this if he continues to respond.

He also mentioned Diddy sent out a hit on Pac!  :o

It's 22 years today that Pac died. Or yesterday, I'm not sure. Read it somewhere though

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9337 on: September 14, 2018, 09:59:20 pm »
It's 22 years today that Pac died. Or yesterday, I'm not sure. Read it somewhere though

It was yesterday

''everybody see's you're salty cus Young Gerald is balls deep in Halsey' I can't stop laughing at that  :lmao

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9338 on: September 14, 2018, 10:14:20 pm »
It’s been known that Puffy put the hit out on 2Pac and Suge Knight, I’m glad Eminem threw it out there for people to hear.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9339 on: September 15, 2018, 01:05:20 am »
It’s been known that Puffy put the hit out on 2Pac and Suge Knight, I’m glad Eminem threw it out there for people to hear.

Diddy has always been a snake. JayElectronica threatening Em about that line 😱

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #9340 on: September 15, 2018, 01:37:34 am »
‘’The day you put out a hit is the day Diddy admits he put the hit out that got pac killed’’

‘My days, Em is king

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9341 on: September 15, 2018, 02:24:24 am »
Diddy has always been a snake. JayElectronica threatening Em about that line [emoji33]

Royce tweeting that he dares anyone to respond and he will come at them!

Joyner Lucas tweeting if anyone jumps in with a response he’s coming in too!

It’s a war!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9342 on: September 15, 2018, 03:10:19 am »
Royce tweeting that he dares anyone to respond and he will come at them!

Joyner Lucas tweeting if anyone jumps in with a response he’s coming in too!

It’s a war!

I love it, Em has lit a fire in hip hop in the last two weeks  😅. There are so many comments on his diss track, they wont even load 220k

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9343 on: September 18, 2018, 05:57:54 pm »
Kanye West has announced ‘YANDHI’ which has a similar cover to ‘YEEZUS’ and a collab album with Chance The Rapper called ‘Good Ass Job’.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9344 on: September 18, 2018, 07:25:12 pm »
Kanye West has announced ‘YANDHI’ which has a similar cover to ‘YEEZUS’ and a collab album with Chance The Rapper called ‘Good Ass Job’.
Both of those sound interesting. Really liked some of the sounds on YEEZUS (not all, mind!), and I'm one of those odd folk who thinks Chance is awesome, although I can imagine a collab album between those two could turn into some Autotune-drenched abomination.

Oh, and has anyone heard that Noname album that is getting some rave reviews? Listened to a couple of tracks and she's really got something, I think, but I've never heard of her before.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:27:14 pm by Djozer »

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9345 on: September 18, 2018, 07:28:49 pm »
Both of those sound interesting. Really liked some of the sounds on YEEZUS (not all, mind!), and I'm one of those odd folk who thinks Chance is awesome, although I can imagine a collab album between those two could turn into some Autotune-drenched abomination.

Oh, and has anyone heard that Noname album that is getting some rave reviews? Listened to a couple of tracks and she's really got something, I think, but I've never heard of her before.

I’ve heard Nonames last album which was great and really chilled out so I’ll definitely check out her latest!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9346 on: September 18, 2018, 07:31:05 pm »

His ego has no bounds

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9347 on: September 19, 2018, 05:33:30 pm »
Lupe Fiascos new album has leaked 10 days early and it’s meant to be even better than T&Y.

Haven’t listened yet as I might hang on until the official release.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9348 on: September 21, 2018, 01:52:27 pm »
Lupe's album got pushed forward and released today instead of next week due to the leak.

It's incredible, he is on another level lyrically to most.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9349 on: September 21, 2018, 01:56:20 pm »
Will give it a listen when I get In

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9350 on: September 22, 2018, 10:32:36 am »
I'm not getting how it's better than T&Y. That was probably my album of the year in 2015.

The production was incredible and I still bump it. Tracks like Prisoner 1 & 2. Chopper, Madonna, Deliver and then the seasons interludes.

Just not feeling this, I mean yeah lyrically it's Lupe doing Lupe but there's no other sounds enhancing them Lyrics. Plus it's too long.

That's just me though.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9351 on: September 28, 2018, 09:58:30 am »
Carter V has dropped and is good on first listen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9352 on: September 28, 2018, 01:01:48 pm »

Any standout tracks to watch out for?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #9353 on: September 28, 2018, 02:52:58 pm »

Yep liking it so far. I always take the albums in chunks so repeat listen to first 5 songs or so.

Uproar is good, Special Delivery (remember G-Dep?!) sample.

Will need a proper listen to get head around the Weezy double entendres.
JFT97

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #9354 on: October 3, 2018, 02:28:47 am »

The track with Busta and Michael is an all timer.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9355 on: October 12, 2018, 02:09:34 pm »
I'm not getting how it's better than T&Y. That was probably my album of the year in 2015.

The production was incredible and I still bump it. Tracks like Prisoner 1 & 2. Chopper, Madonna, Deliver and then the seasons interludes.

Just not feeling this, I mean yeah lyrically it's Lupe doing Lupe but there's no other sounds enhancing them Lyrics. Plus it's too long.

That's just me though.

Yeah, totally agree with all of that.  Opinions and all that, but good summary imo.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9356 on: October 26, 2018, 07:29:19 pm »
Really not a huge fan of the genre, but I got into Kendrick Lamar a while back. Started with Damn, which I enjoyed and then Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City, which I can't stop listening to. Just an incredible album.

I really can't get into To Pimp A Butterfly though, despite having been told it's his strongest album. There are some high points, but I don't get the urge to listen to it like I do with the other two. Is it an album that grows on you over time? Or maybe I'm just inexperienced with the genre and it's more for the die hards?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9357 on: October 27, 2018, 08:37:28 am »
I liked TPAB but it's a album I've rarely revisited. Kendrick is a super talented artist but I prefer his songs like Backseat Freestyle, Cartoons and Cereal, Maad City etc.

Give section 80 a listen as well. There's some great songs on there.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9358 on: October 27, 2018, 01:47:25 pm »
Really not a huge fan of the genre, but I got into Kendrick Lamar a while back. Started with Damn, which I enjoyed and then Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City, which I can't stop listening to. Just an incredible album.

I really can't get into To Pimp A Butterfly though, despite having been told it's his strongest album. There are some high points, but I don't get the urge to listen to it like I do with the other two. Is it an album that grows on you over time? Or maybe I'm just inexperienced with the genre and it's more for the die hards?

Maybe this will help shed some light onto it? If you have the time or care enough to give it a listen :D

Any of you guys listen to the podcast 'Dissect'? 7

Its pretty dope, the person running it goes through hip hop albums and explains their narratives and gives further back story/explanation behind the concepts. So far he has two seasons out, the first is about To Pimp A Butterfly (He also reflects on Good Kid M.A.A.D City, very lightly in relation) and the second My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Season 3 finished up last month, this time he did a breakdown of Frank Oceans album Blonde.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #9359 on: October 27, 2018, 02:19:25 pm »
Maybe this will help shed some light onto it? If you have the time or care enough to give it a listen :D

Season 3 finished up last month, this time he did a breakdown of Frank Oceans album Blonde.
I'll check that out mate, thanks.

Actually heard Frank Ocean for the first time recently on his custom Grand Theft Auto radio station. Not the usual route into an artist I admit, but I like what I've heard so far.