Author Topic: The Hip Hop Thread  (Read 801251 times)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: The Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #9360 on: October 27, 2018, 02:20:56 pm »
I liked TPAB but it's a album I've rarely revisited. Kendrick is a super talented artist but I prefer his songs like Backseat Freestyle, Cartoons and Cereal, Maad City etc.

Give section 80 a listen as well. There's some great songs on there.
Will do. I like to really take my time over albums, so once I feel I've got enough out of the other three it's next on the list.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #9361 on: November 1, 2018, 08:10:25 pm »
The Freddie Gibbs, Curren$y, Alchemist collab is amazing. And the Action Bronson album is banging, too. Been a good year.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9362 on: November 21, 2018, 08:38:25 am »
Winter is the perfect time to listen to classic Wu and Mobb Deep.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9363 on: November 21, 2018, 08:03:54 pm »
Think Joyner is my new favourite artist

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9364 on: November 21, 2018, 08:57:46 pm »
Think Joyner is my new favourite artist

What’s worth checking out of his? Only ever heard him on Kamikaze which he was great on.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9365 on: November 21, 2018, 11:24:25 pm »
What’s worth checking out of his? Only ever heard him on Kamikaze which he was great on.

Definitely I’m Not Racist. Then there is Just Like You, I’m Sorry, Keep It 100, Forever, Frozen...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9366 on: November 22, 2018, 12:37:03 am »
Definitely I’m Not Racist. Then there is Just Like You, I’m Sorry, Keep It 100, Forever, Frozen...

I love, he recently dropped, and last night he dropped a Tory Lanez diss Litty freestyle

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9367 on: November 23, 2018, 06:54:31 pm »

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9368 on: November 23, 2018, 07:33:10 pm »
I’m enjoying ‘Oxnard’ by Anderson.Paak.

‘Cheers’ is a great song.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9369 on: November 29, 2018, 05:35:58 am »
I’m enjoying ‘Oxnard’ by Anderson.Paak.

‘Cheers’ is a great song.

Oxnard is a banger.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9370 on: November 29, 2018, 08:29:44 am »
Nobody is touching Black Thought these days.

Streams of Thought Vol. 2 is great.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9371 on: December 1, 2018, 07:20:38 am »
So what's been everyone's highlights this year?

For me personally there's been 2. Pusha's story of Adidon was incredible. Everything from the cover art to the bars and Pusha's flow was so fucking slick and just ughhh. It got me feeling the old way, nothing off limits, old school diss and the new school was offended, it was brilliant. Sick sick sick

Then Eminem dropped an album with no prior marketing or noise or nothing just pretty much going off on anyone. Being a major Stan since 99 and but not feeling the last 15 years of his music like I once did this got me giddy as fuck. plus he introduced me to Joyner Lucas which is never heard of before and then I started to peep his shit and now can't wait for ADHD. But it's been a good year, Daytona was also hot and the new meek album got the old school beat vibes too.

Didn't like Kanye's album though and wasn't feeling Lupe's either. I need to listen to book of ryan more too be for the year is out. Oh and Crooked's little project with them other guys that give you like slaughterhouse vibes (name escapes me) was pretty good too
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 07:23:11 am by Upinsmoke »

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9372 on: December 1, 2018, 07:56:20 am »

For me personally there's been 2. Pusha's story of Adidon was incredible. Everything from the cover art to the bars and Pusha's flow was so fucking slick and just ughhh. It got me feeling the old way, nothing off limits, old school diss and the new school was offended, it was brilliant. Sick sick sick

Then Eminem dropped an album with no prior marketing or noise or nothing just pretty much going off on anyone. Being a major Stan since 99 and but not feeling the last 15 years of his music like I once did this got me giddy as fuck. plus he introduced me to Joyner Lucas which is never heard of before and then I started to peep his shit and now can't wait for ADHD. But it's been a good year, Daytona was also hot and the new meek album got the old school beat vibes too.

Didn't like Kanye's album though and wasn't feeling Lupe's either. I need to listen to book of ryan more too be for the year is out. Oh and Crooked's little project with them other guys that give you like slaughterhouse vibes (name escapes me) was pretty good too

Great question.

I too enjoyed Pusha’s diss at Drake and found it hilarious that Drake never responded to SoA.

That period in the summer when GOOD Music were dropping an album every week (even though I didn’t like them all) it was exciting.

Eminem dropping a good album out of the blue and the MGK back and forth.

Jay-Z’s verse on What’s Free on the new Meek Mill album.

Griselda dropping nothing but greatness all year.

Black Thought proving he is the best out at the moment.

It’s been a very good year for hip hop IMO.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #9373 on: December 18, 2018, 01:29:02 pm »

Thank you youtube!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mczmFWlWPOI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mczmFWlWPOI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6iuGp9gUeNk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6iuGp9gUeNk</a>

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9374 on: December 18, 2018, 09:31:22 pm »
Royce about to go at Tory Lanez now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9375 on: December 19, 2018, 12:24:22 am »
Royce about to go at Tory Lanez now

He's not talking about bars, he will beat his ass.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: December 28, 2018, 04:10:17 pm »
Ice Cube's album is fire. On Youtube for anyone interested.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9377 on: December 31, 2018, 12:30:31 pm »

Daytona

Kamikaze

What's free - the whole thing but especially Jays verse

Sicko mode

Further resurgence of Cudi on Kids See Ghosts (remains one of the most influential artists i've ever seen in hip hop)

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9378 on: January 21, 2019, 12:54:17 pm »
Revisted Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ over the weekend and it’s still boss in 2019.

Snoop and The Lady of Rage steal the show all over the album.

Bonafide classic.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9379 on: February 7, 2019, 08:30:30 am »
Boogie - Everything’s For Sale album is great.

His debut on Shady Records, check it out.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9380 on: April 1, 2019, 08:54:58 am »
Nipsey Hussle shot dead outside his shop in L.A.

Crazy times.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #9381 on: April 2, 2019, 12:18:58 am »
One of my favourite hip hop artists. This one is really gut wrenching.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9382 on: April 2, 2019, 08:58:58 am »
One of my favourite hip hop artists. This one is really gut wrenching.

Victory Lap was one of the best albums last year.

The suspect has been identified as someone from his own gang but he was a snitch and Nipsey told him to leave his store. He then came back and gunned him down and kicked him when he was on the floor.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #9383 on: April 2, 2019, 04:32:06 pm »
Cant really blame the guys that make it out and dont come back.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9384 on: April 2, 2019, 11:50:49 pm »
His killer has been caught. It sounds like L.A. has been chaotic since this happened as a number of shootings and stabbings have been reported.

America is fucked.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #9385 on: April 11, 2019, 08:30:10 pm »
Anyone got a link to the Anderson Paak leak?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9386 on: April 11, 2019, 10:29:58 pm »
Nipsey Hussle’s memorial service has been going on the last few hours in the Staples Centre.

It’s so sad.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9387 on: April 20, 2019, 12:30:06 am »
The song with Nate Dogg on Anderson .Paaks album is great.

Such a big loss.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9388 on: April 20, 2019, 02:29:22 am »
25 Years.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-aB6bfucM04" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-aB6bfucM04</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9389 on: April 20, 2019, 04:59:26 pm »
25 Years.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-aB6bfucM04" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-aB6bfucM04</a>

Classic. AZ has the best verse on the album.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9390 on: May 10, 2019, 04:01:51 pm »
Goddamn Eminem killed Homicide on Logics new album.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9391 on: May 18, 2019, 10:26:51 am »
New Tyler out. Listened to it late last night with quite a few strong drinks inside me, but first impressions were that it’s magnificent.

It’s got some of the best production I’ve ever heard.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9392 on: May 19, 2019, 12:45:17 pm »
Tyler let back in the UK finally.Went down to Peckham to see the fuss yesterday and it got cancelled within 30 mins hahaa. Enjoying the album.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9393 on: May 19, 2019, 03:35:20 pm »
Nipsey foreshadowing his own death in this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPC9VID6M9s

ASAP Ferg and Rocky with a great collab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRgjW6Nm-ug

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9394 on: May 19, 2019, 05:50:49 pm »
Finished my third listen of it in the car on the way to work this morning. I confident now it's an extraordinary piece of work, I think I'm not being particularly bold when I say that it might be one of the great soul records as opposed to one of the great hip hop records of the decade. The story that carries through the record, love, loss heartbreak etc and some of the arrangements just sweat Marvin Gaye and D'Angelo and a little bit of The Love Below.

Interestingly, last night I listened to the new Logic album by accident because it played next on Spotify and my God does it sound empty and hollow in comparison.I respect Logic's technical gymnastics, but he's like the Jermaine Jenas of hip hop - speaks so much without saying anything at all.

Completely agree with you on Logic, says a lot without saying much at all.

Loving Igor.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9395 on: July 3, 2019, 08:31:36 am »
Listening to a lot of old 2Pac lately, 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. and Me Against The World mainly.

Will there ever be someone as iconic in hip hop than him? I don’t see it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #9396 on: July 3, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »
The Freddie Gibbs - Madlib album should be in everyone's top 5 for AOTY by the end of 2019. Its fucking phenomenal. I will be shocked if anyone tops it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #9397 on: July 3, 2019, 05:34:23 pm »
Listening to a lot of old 2Pac lately, 2Pacalypse Now, Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. and Me Against The World mainly.

Will there ever be someone as iconic in hip hop than him? I don’t see it.

Never. Im a big 2pac Stan, but til this day I cant over that he accomplished all of that by the age of 25.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9398 on: July 3, 2019, 08:26:03 pm »
The Freddie Gibbs - Madlib album should be in everyone's top 5 for AOTY by the end of 2019. Its fucking phenomenal. I will be shocked if anyone tops it.
Aye, it's fucking brilliant.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9399 on: July 4, 2019, 07:21:28 am »
Just downloaded Bandana. Will give it a listen on the way to work.

Nas’ The Lost Tapes 2 is dropping in a couple of weeks, can’t wait.