Author Topic: AFC LIVERPOOL - the first match  (Read 11247 times)

Offline hawkwing

• Main Stander
AFC LIVERPOOL - the first match
« on: June 17, 2008, 05:08:28 pm »
details of the first AFC Liverpool game are out. The club are laying coaches on for people who want to attend.

The full details are on the website but here they are:

It will be played at the home of Ashton Town FC, Edge Green Street, Ashton-in-Makerfield against St Helens on the 16th July 2008.

Tickets will be available on general sale from Wednesday 18th June 2008 until further notice at:

News From Nowhere Radical Bookstore
96 Bold Street
Liverpool L1 4HY

Tickets are priced at £5 for adults, and £3 for under 16s.

You will also be able to purchase a seat on the coach for £5 per seat.

Alternatively, on Saturday 21st June, from 10.30am until 2pm ONLY, you will also be able to purchase tickets from

The Casa
29 Hope Street
Liverpool L1 9BQ

You will also be able to purchase a seat on the coach for £5 per seat.

Nelson FC Coach Tickets

In addition, you will also be able to purchase a seat on the coach for the match against Nelson FC on Saturday July 19th, 3pm kick off, on this day from the Casa.

The Nelson game is not all ticket and is pay on the gate.

St Helens Tickets By Post

Tickets are also available by post from
John McKiernan
Chairman,
St. Helens Town AFC
35 Roysten Gardens
St. Helens
Merseyside
WA9 1RJ

Postal requests should detail the numbers of “Adult” and/or “U16s” tickets required and should include a cheque/postal order payable to “St. Helens Town AFC” and include a stamped self addressed envelope.

Livepoolfc.tv should be covering the game i think in a special programme on the friday evening after the game.
"It's a great economic model. People are worried that I might take
money away from the Rangers to go to Liverpool. It's just the reverse.
Liverpool is going to pull off lots of extra money that if I choose I
can use for the Rangers or Stars."
Tom Hicks on Liverpool FC

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:13:48 pm »
I spend nearly all my wages on Liverpool games home and away. I love Liverpool FC. Yesterday i donated a bit of money to AFC Liverpool to become a founder member. I think its a fantastic idea and i'm fully behind it.

Its Liverpool FC's little brother. If, say we're not playing on the saturday, why not go and support our small sibling team? AFC Liverpool will be having all the values of our team, and gives young lads the chance to support a club they can afford to go and see. Nothing wrong with that in my view like. Bit off for people to be slagging the idea when people have worked so hard for it like.

Obviously i'm a Liverpool fan and i will continue to buy LFC stuff, and go to every game. But if the reds aren't in action and i fancy seeing some grassroots footy i don't see why i wont watch AFC. LFC have recognised AFC as a friendly younger brother club. No reason why us reds shouldn't either.

IF it was a protest club it would be different. But its not.

Good luck i say.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 05:16:39 pm »
I spend nearly all my wages on Liverpool games home and away. I love Liverpool FC. Yesterday i donated a bit of money to AFC Liverpool to become a founder member. I think its a fantastic idea and i'm fully behind it.

Its Liverpool FC's little brother. If, say we're not playing on the saturday, why not go and support our small sibling team? AFC Liverpool will be having all the values of our team, and gives young lads the chance to support a club they can afford to go and see. Nothing wrong with that in my view like. Bit off for people to be slagging the idea when people have worked so hard for it like.

Obviously i'm a Liverpool fan and i will continue to buy LFC stuff, and go to every game. But if the reds aren't in action and i fancy seeing some grassroots footy i don't see why i wont watch AFC. LFC have recognised AFC as a friendly younger brother club. No reason why us reds shouldn't either.

Good luck i say.
why didnt you donate to another worthy local club who might be struggling to pay pitch fees or to get a new kit ?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:06:07 pm »
reserves can play where ever but this nonsense AFC Liverpool , could be AFC birkenhead for all i care , i support liverpool football club , and if i want to watch amateur or semi pro there are teams all over liverpool/merseyside who deserve the support more than this made up team .

Correct you can watch who you want. As I already do.
I've supported grassroots football all my life and will continue to do so.
I don't slag off anyone....like you, who wants to support any team they wish. Good luck to them all.

However if I was going to throw my weight behind just supporting one, I'd throw it behind 20 odd Liverpool supporters who want to do something right.

I certainly wouldn't be sitting on every soap box I could find being negative about everything other than what I thought everyone else should be doing.

The progress this group of people have made in such a short space of time incredible and I take my hat off to them.
If you have the knowledge of grassroots football you say you have, you should be doing the same.....then moving on and letting them sink or swim.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:12 pm »

It should be in off the pitch as should the other AFCL topics. Like it says on the forum discription

"Discussions on Hicks, Gillett, DIC; information from Spirit of Shankly, Share Liverpool, AFC Liverpool and any other related matters that see our club in its current perilous state. ."

That description was written after that post of mine you quoted.  In fact, the Off the Pitch Forum came into being after I'd written it, so at the time the correct place was General Football.

And for my part, seeing as I've been quoted and fancy chipping in my threepeneth - I don't know why they didn't just throw their oar in with Prescott Cables.  I'd have more respect for it.

And I wish the club weren't doing this painful PR exercise of saying "good luck" to them and giving them air time.
It seems so completely contradictory for the club to want anything to do with AFC, and AFC to want anything to do with the club.

"The way the club is ran these days is disgusting, we're starting up our own team for proper Liverpool people....but erm...we're going to play in Prescott.  What, an hour slot on the telly?  Go 'ed...nice one".
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:08:46 am »
^ or you could see it as Parry saying 'bloody hell - we could with some good publicity for a change - how about giving those fans who've been priced out the game & pissed off with us for dancing to Tv's tune and gone to form their own club some free publicity - will look good for us too'?

Am not sure where AFCL looked to play their home games first off - but where abouts do you think they could've got a ground (bar Goodison) that would've been suitable for 'em?

(I would insert a joke about which club would be first to get their own new ground - but fear that AFC may beat us to it...) ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:52:32 am »
If you have the knowledge of grassroots football you say you have, you should be doing the same.....then moving on and letting them sink or swim.

I would congratulate anyone who want to run a team these days, i know how hard it is to scrape together pitch fees beg and plead to get new kits and to drag people out of bed to play getting money for fines and going to see those robbing bastards at walton park The County F.A.  , but i do believe this is another FC United a protest team , and if all you supporters of this team had put its efforts into other clubs and leagues maybe some of the established clubs and leagues could thrive , instead we get a jumped up protest club taking the limelight from other clubs who are struggling to exist  , i cant believe you all who are kidding themselves about this team/club it would not have happened if the american owners had not turned up , so for me its a protest team/club 

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:28:51 am »
question then if hicks and gillett were the saviour of the club would  AFC Liverpool had come about , i will answer it NO , exactly the same as that other nonsense FC United  another protest team , by the way a large amount of teams in this area are run by liverpool season tickets holders and liverpool supporters play for them , like my team virtually all reds , many of sunday games had to be postponed so we could go the match , so really what is special about AFC Liverpool compered to say Nicosia or waterloo dock ?

I would congratulate anyone who want to run a team these days, i know how hard it is to scrape together pitch fees beg and plead to get new kits and to drag people out of bed to play getting money for fines and going to see those robbing bastards at walton park The County F.A.  , but i do believe this is another FC United a protest team , and if all you supporters of this team had put its efforts into other clubs and leagues maybe some of the established clubs and leagues could thrive , instead we get a jumped up protest club taking the limelight from other clubs who are struggling to exist  , i cant believe you all who are kidding themselves about this team/club it would not have happened if the american owners had not turned up , so for me its a protest team/club
You're doing what you always do: you get a bee in your bonnet and that's it. you refuse to listen to anything or anyone else and continue blindly to stick to your original misunderstanding.

Get this into your head: AFC Liverpool is NOT a protest against G&H. If anything it is a protest against high ticket prices in football as a whole and the inability of the average fan to go along to the game every week, easily and affordably, with their kids if need be, to hang around with their mates and sing their hearts out.

But in fact even that isn't right because it is NOT a protest. It is a positive action; individuals getting off their arses and doing something; making something happen, while all the likes of you can do is sit at your keyboard and snipe snipe snpe, every chance you get.

Maybe the arrival of G&H and the consequent prospect of even greater price rises was the catalyst that turned people from thinking about an idea to actually doing something about it but so what? Everything has to start somewhere. Remember how our own club started off?

If AFC Liverpool are so irrelevant to you why do you keep going on about them?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:35:53 am by coffeehead »

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:31:26 am »

Good luck i say.
Great post. There's a possibility, not strong yet, but a possibility nevertheless that this kind of action will be repeated in other places in the future, as fans of a club follow this model and set up their own 'baby brother' club that is linked to the one they are fans of.

We could be the first step in a movement that grows and becomes widespread in this country.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 07:55:39 am »
Heh heh - first game in Wigan...and if you pay your £5 a month to the club for the e-season ticket you can watch them live on the internet.

It's hard not to be cynical, so I am.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 10:17:55 am »

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160254080617-1500.htm

How can .tv be reporting on AFC Liverpool, a (theoretical) direct rival and breakaway group, but not acknowledge the HJC?
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:20:25 am »
i wondered why .tv where on about it then i read this

Essentially yes. All the information is on their site, here's a couple of excerpts:

What is AFC Liverpool?
As yet it is just an idea but YOU can make it a reality. The plan is to create a new independent football club owned by Liverpool fans and run by Liverpool fans. It will be an Industrial & Provident Society where everyone can buy into it and get an equal vote. A genuine grassroots, not for profit football club.

Is it against Liverpool FC?
No. Quite the opposite. It will draw it's support base from Liverpool fans. It is expected that AFC Liverpool fans will still support Liverpool and still go to Anfield to support the Reds. The club is meant as a grassroots addition to Liverpool FC, not to be a replacement for it.

So Why Bother?
The values of the game at the highest level have changed massively and are now predominantly money driven. Recent proposals by the Premier League have even put the chase for money over the integrity of the competition.

Few people will want to abandon the league proper - but there is a genuine desire amongst fans for values that put the game before profit chasing, and that restore the link between club and supporters.

We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: AFC LIVERPOOL - the first match
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 12:25:26 pm »
Great post. There's a possibility, not strong yet, but a possibility nevertheless that this kind of action will be repeated in other places in the future, as fans of a club follow this model and set up their own 'baby brother' club that is linked to the one they are fans of.

We could be the first step in a movement that grows and becomes widespread in this country.

2nd, surely?  Lets not pretend there's even a smidgen of originality in this.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 12:38:33 pm »
i cant believe you all who are kidding themselves about this team/club it would not have happened if the american owners had not turned up , so for me its a protest team/club 

My guess is that the ownership issue acted a catalyst but that something like this would've happened eventually anyway. There's too many people who simply will never be able to afford to watch the reds again, eventually something like this would've occurred.

It's not for me but I wish them luck and I think the club has taken the right line in seeking friendly co-existence and aknowledging the LFC origins of the founding members in their media output.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 12:41:12 pm »

How can .tv be reporting on AFC Liverpool, a (theoretical) direct rival and breakaway group, but not acknowledge the HJC?

If you mean recognition I think the answer to that lies in the relation between the HJC and the HFSG.  I'm pretty sure .tv have featured HJC initiatives in news articles in the past, they don't pretend they don't exist in other words.

Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 02:34:15 pm »
If you mean recognition I think the answer to that lies in the relation between the HJC and the HFSG.  I'm pretty sure .tv have featured HJC initiatives in news articles in the past, they don't pretend they don't exist in other words.

I cannot remember any .tv coverage for any HJC initiative.  That is why I am so shocked by this.
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26:56 pm »
Have they got their fixture list yet and is it posted somewhere? At work so can't research.

Might go to one when I come over next if I can arrainge it.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 04:31:01 pm »
First game is in Wigan and will be shown on LFC.TV.

They've sold out already.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ‘No Pasarαn!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 04:40:14 pm »
I cannot remember any .tv coverage for any HJC initiative.  That is why I am so shocked by this.

There has been some - .tv has been far more HJC friendly than LFC as a club.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 04:42:38 pm »
I wonder what the reaction would have been if this club had been called something like Liverpool Supporters F.C?

Different?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »
I wonder what the reaction would have been if this club had been called something like Liverpool Supporters F.C?

Different?
there is a team called that

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 04:47:45 pm »
there is a team called that

Precicely........where's the protest about it?

Who do you suggest we all support at grassroots level?
All the local teams.......one of them.......2, 3 ,4.
I'm sure whichever it was you would find a reason for people not to support them in favour of givng our time an energy to another more deserving club.

Either way..........all AFCL are doing is lying through their teeth about their motives for starting up as far as you are concerned.

Time to move on I think.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:51:42 pm by shanklyboy »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 04:49:41 pm »
the are part of the old supporters club been playing for years , there is also an everton supporters team same playing for years .

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 04:54:54 pm »

You're saying that there's already a liverpool supporters football team as a defence of AFC Liverpool?
First of all, it's surely part of the case for the prosecution.
Secondly, they're a team for liverpool supporters, not a team for people disenfranchised from LFC.
Thirdly, they're not trying to become a non-league echo of LFC.
There's definitely a fourthly, and likely fifthly and more...but that'll do for now.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 04:55:39 pm »
the are part of the old supporters club been playing for years , there is also an everton supporters team same playing for years .

Yes I know. That didn't answer my question!

Oh by the way........if the LFC and EFC supporters clubs teams were playing each other....who would you support?

In fact who would you support if AFCL were playing any other team?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »
You're saying that there's already a liverpool supporters football team as a defence of AFC Liverpool?
First of all, it's surely part of the case for the prosecution.
Secondly, they're a team for liverpool supporters, not a team for people disenfranchised from LFC.
Thirdly, they're not trying to become a non-league echo of LFC.
There's definitely a fourthly, and likely fifthly and more...but that'll do for now.

Just shows that you can read and read and still not see anything that's in front of your face.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 05:02:23 pm »

Yes I know. That didn't answer my question!

Oh by the way........if the LFC and EFC supporters clubs teams were playing each other....who would you support?

In fact who would you support if AFCL were playing any other team?
I support liverpool football club , the only local teams i supported was my own teams i have been involved with , Sherwood Park F.C. , Holy Name F.C. and Copplehouse F.C. and of course Liverpool F.C.  they the only team i have supported .

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 05:06:17 pm »
I support liverpool football club , the only local teams i supported was my own teams i have been involved with , Sherwood Park F.C. , Holy Name F.C. and Copplehouse F.C. and of course Liverpool F.C.  they the only team i have supported .

Support Liverpool Football Club.......fuck me I never thought of doing that!
Why don't you go and support some of the lesser affluent amateur teams who are struggling for funds...........I'm sure you can find one or two out there?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 07:21:23 pm »
Have they got their fixture list yet and is it posted somewhere? At work so can't research.

Any answers? :P

Might be over in September..

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 07:27:17 pm »
2nd, surely?  Lets not pretend there's even a smidgen of originality in this.
Put that way every single football club apart from the very first one back in the 19th century were/are all being highly unoriginal. :)

Not being original isn't quite the pejorative thing you are implying. So they might have got the idea from seeing the Utd lot getting their shit together. Maybe, just maybe they looked on at the atmosphere and camaraderie and fun generated at Afc Utd matches for a fiver or whatever and thought 'We'd like a bit of that'. But so what? It's what you do WITH the idea that makes the difference, regardless of where the idea came from.

AFC UTD are a divested club that began as a protest and now exists as an entity in itself. Some of their fans might also go to Man U but many don't; many have washed their hands of the Glazer project.

AFCL is a different beast; a club for Liverpool fans to attend at a low cost, esp. those fans who cannot go to LFC anymore because of cost and miss the matchgoing experience, but also for Anfield regulars. Its aim is for the support to comprise entirely of Liverpool fans; whether that works out in practice, I don't know.

But it ISN'T a club that has divested from the main club out of protest or for any other reason.

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 07:30:53 pm »

Might be over in September..

Only a few friendly fixtures available at the moment on their website

http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/afc-liverpool-fixtures-20082009-season

But bookmark the page; I'm sure more will appear soon.

Glad to see you're being positive about this. Hopefully see you there mate :thumbup

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:36 pm »
Only a few friendly fixtures available at the moment on their website

http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/afc-liverpool-fixtures-20082009-season

But bookmark the page; I'm sure more will appear soon.

Glad to see you're being positive about this. Hopefully see you there mate :thumbup

if you're buying..:P

Looking to come over for the Man Utd match. Never been to one. been to the Derby. Was invited to come for the United match , so looking to take them up on it. Haven't heard back yet but I think they're on holiday.

And before anyone starts...:P

My record since Rafa took over watching the first team and reserves is 13-0-0.

Which is why I was told to come over so I can bring my luck and we beat that lot for a change.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 09:24:07 pm »

First game is in Wigan and will be shown on LFC.TV.

They've sold out already.

I'm not joking - their first game in on the official channel.
And it is in Wigan...against St Helens.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 09:31:42 pm »
Yeah saw that but was more interested in the entire fixture list. Especially as it looks like i might come over in September.

We don't have LFC.tv as part of Setanta in the North America. They do Man Utd and Chelsea tv and are only allowed 2 clubs tv channels. So if it is on e-season ticket that would be the only way to watch.

Fox Soccer Channel used to have LFC.tv and Arsenal tv. But they dropped both to concentrate more on MLS and the league below the MLS ( name escapes me).

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 09:36:20 pm »
Sorry - I'm misleading you anyway...it's the e-season ticket thing that's showing the game.  Which is totally insane all round as I see it, but there you go...

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 12:46:25 pm »

Support Liverpool Football Club.......fuck me I never thought of doing that!
Why don't you go and support some of the lesser affluent amateur teams who are struggling for funds...........I'm sure you can find one or two out there?
The three i ran as secretary and manager , were no substitute for liverpool football club , as i have said before there were Many a time we called games off to go to watch liverpool , i have done my stint running teams , but my running of any team would never get in the way of liverpool football club., but you seem to want AFC Liverpool to get in the way .

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 01:03:59 pm »

Exactly, bit of a disgrace that.

I honestly have no objection to AFCL, BUT with the timing of their founding right at the height of the ownership bollocks, its easy to see why people consider it a 'protest club' like FC United.

Surely its a not so subtle protest at Premier league ticket pricing ? so in a way it is a protest club.

But I do disagree with Life, AFC Liverpool is linked with our club whether we agree with its aims or not.
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline jaygraham

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 06:51:47 pm »
Thank you Coffeehead! :)

Aldo8, its not as if i'm going to stop going the Liverpool match or anything drastic like that. AFC Liverpool are just LFC at grassroots. Thats why i'd support them. I think the idea of footy for a fiver is a great idea, with a club that loves Liverpool Football Club as much as i do. Obviously you don't think its a great idea, but so what? Yeah i could go and watch grassroots football at someone else but at the end of the day i'm not arsed really about that level........certainly not with some other side that have a totally different identity to Liverpool. Good luck to them, but AFC will get me interested in grassroots level football, and going to those sort of games ..it can only be good for all clubs at that level anyway. Without AFC i wouldn't bother going.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline jaygraham

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 06:53:10 pm »
PS - i think LFC are doing EXACTLY the right thing in being friendly with AFC and giving them publicity. They are NO threat to LFC at all. They complement the club if anything.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 07:10:55 pm »
PS - i think LFC are doing EXACTLY the right thing in being friendly with AFC and giving them publicity. They are NO threat to LFC at all. They complement the club if anything.
exactly
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"