Author Topic: Reserves crowned National Champions  (Read 16672 times)

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
Re: RESERVES CROWNED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
« Reply #160 on: May 8, 2008, 08:15:49 am »
Wel done lads.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #161 on: May 8, 2008, 08:16:19 am »
Congrats :)
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Varun

• Anny Roader
« Reply #162 on: May 8, 2008, 08:47:55 am »
well done boys :)

Offline vader90

• Legacy Fan
  • The eternal optimist - Everything happens for good
« Reply #163 on: May 8, 2008, 08:52:29 am »
Congratulations to the ressies.

Shame there are no highlights of the match or goals.
Roll up, roll up for the Liverpool FC circus, in town every fucking week.

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #164 on: May 8, 2008, 08:54:29 am »
Just put this in the other thread....

Was there last night. Lads, the future is bright. Some of the football played was a joy to watch, neat little passes, good positioning and understanding between the lads and some nice, flowing attacking football.

Thought Huth and San Jose were superb at the back. Nemeth looked pretty impressive, Plessis had a great first half and then faded slightly as Lucas took over and thought Insua, Ryan Flynn and Nabir El Zhar had bright periods too.

I seriously believe there's a nucleus of great potential there, a core of youth which hopefully can be brought forward into the future into the first team.

Hope thats just another trophy for the lads to be celebrating....

Just wish I'd have been in the Kop as usual last night.

Congratulations Redmen!!!!
......and could he play!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #165 on: May 8, 2008, 09:02:20 am »

Two words --- Nemeth and PACHECO

Did Pacheco do well when he came on? Didnt see the game last night but whenever ive seen this lad play ive been impressed with him. Seems clever on the ball, good vision etc.

Very promising.

Well in lads - great season for the ressies. Lets hope some of these bring their league winning mentality into the first team!
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #166 on: May 8, 2008, 09:11:50 am »
Well done lads!
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 8, 2008, 09:26:38 am »
Heres an interstin read.

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25645#p549536

Can anyone copy it with the images and clips?

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: May 8, 2008, 09:27:21 am »
Two things that really delighted me last night

Pachecos ronaldhinoesque, look one way and reverse pass the other, for Lucas's goal

Harewood boucing off Insua in a challenge and Insua never budged

BUT THE BEST FOR ME WAS

Jordi Brouwer's game.

We criticised this lad to fuck this season, but the lad has taken his game by the scruff of the neck in the last 4 games.
His delicate little touch to set up Nemeth went largely un noticed and the way he swiped his goal in under pressure and seemingly unable to open his body up was a delight.

Fair do's to him for elevating himself from some of the poor games he's played.

And I too was celebrating every goal as loudly as I do for the first team, as I have in every game I've watched them play.
It's great watching these talented kids playing some wonderful stuff.
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline The Nihilists

• Bovvered
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will cut off your Johnson
« Reply #169 on: May 8, 2008, 09:31:51 am »
Until they have 5 bad games then everyone slates them calling them shite?

Alas, too true.

Although it only needs to be one bad game, such are some of the clueless wankers who follow this club.

Offline The Nihilists

• Bovvered
  • Legacy Fan
  • I will cut off your Johnson
« Reply #170 on: May 8, 2008, 09:33:36 am »
Two things that really delighted me last night

Pachecos ronaldhinoesque, look one way and reverse pass the other, for Lucas's goal

Harewood boucing off Insua in a challenge and Insua never budged

BUT THE BEST FOR ME WAS

Jordi Brouwer's game.

We criticised this lad to fuck this season, but the lad has taken his game by the scruff of the neck in the last 4 games.

Agree with all those points, all made me smile.

I had thought Brouwer was a bit of a donkey, but we're starting to see his qualities. Still not sure he's got quite enough in his locker, but he looks well worth another year in the ressies to develop.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 8, 2008, 09:33:57 am »

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 8, 2008, 09:39:49 am »

Agree with all those points, all made me smile.

I had thought Brouwer was a bit of a donkey, but we're starting to see his qualities. Still not sure he's got quite enough in his locker, but he looks well worth another year in the ressies to develop.
I know and I' as guilty as anyone, when it comes to dismissing kids talent.
But his transformation shows that at this age you can never be sure what the eventual outcome will be in their development.
Classic was Wayne Routledge who was gonna be the dogs bollicks when first spotted and everyone wanted him. Those that shine often fade and those that seem useless suddenly find it.
Not many Gerrards and Owens and Rooneys who maintain steady progress.

I have to laugh at Fairclough gagging when he has to say anything remotely in praise of anything the lad does
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 09:41:41 am by harrytrow »
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #173 on: May 8, 2008, 09:47:16 am »
Great to see our reserves doing well but the same could be said about the two times cupwinners. Some of which, have already left the club or could very well leave this summer.

Not to rain on anyone's parade because it's a very good achievement.

I was wondering does know where I could find the squad of Gerrard's reserve team? I'd be curious to find out where all of them went since obviously only one of them made it into the first team right?

Offline Leanne_lfc4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #174 on: May 8, 2008, 09:47:36 am »
Well done Lads, should be proud :)
"Its not a badge, its a family crest"

Offline vader90

• Legacy Fan
  • The eternal optimist - Everything happens for good
« Reply #175 on: May 8, 2008, 10:07:46 am »
@MR

I saw that after that post ;D.I am now waiting for that extended highlights that was promised.
Roll up, roll up for the Liverpool FC circus, in town every fucking week.

Offline Sam Bacala

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: May 8, 2008, 10:10:28 am »
Well done lads!
"We were s***." - Daniel Agger's assessment of the Roy Hodgson era

Offline novredder

• Kemlynite
  • Re re re red to the bone!
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2008, 10:15:41 am »
Few have been noting the Reds strengthening in all aspects of their game - which to me is just how I'd like it. No one's noticed the work the gaffer has put in making Anfield the favored destination of any world-class player with ambition, the lack of money notwithstanding! Our scouting department is able to identify leading talent from around the world and bring them to the Academy, and that work is evident for all and sundry to see. Back-to-back FA Youth cups are not everyone's cup of tea; throw in a Dallas Cup triumph and only eight goals conceded, including nine clean sheets in a row, this season! Does anyone want to mention the excellent Plessis, Lucas Leiva (still a reserve), el Zhar and Insua? We even have potential attacking midfielders like Pacheco (seems like a younger Luis Garcia) and an upcoming striker, the excellent Hungarian Nemeth. I see us getting our balance right from this season, as Dalglish observed. Let everyone look out for the reemergence of the Reds!
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 10:20:34 am by novredder »
YNWA, period!

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #178 on: May 8, 2008, 10:20:12 am »
Well done Lads great efforts all season, well deserved champions.

YNWA

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 8, 2008, 10:32:00 am »
Was delighted and proud last night.  It's been a pleasure following the ressies progress all season and seeing the team take shape.  There are definetely some future stars there. 
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline wez10

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: May 8, 2008, 10:34:29 am »
we totally outplayed a decent aston villa side well done lads some bright futures ahead

ynwa

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #181 on: May 8, 2008, 10:36:17 am »

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159858080508-0944.htm

Gary, many congratulations, how does it feel?

Yes it's great, it's a great achievement. We said all along that this is the aim from the moment we came together in pre-season. They showed a great attitude and work rate and it's the result of all the hard work they put in from the start, like adapting to the language and a new culture. It wasn't easy at times and Villa played particularly well at the start of the second half and put us under a lot of pressure. We rode our luck at times and produced some great defending on other occasions and we eventually got back into the game and took the chances that came our way well.

You came up against an experienced Villa side, but nothing fazes your side does it?

No, we've got a group of players who aren't fazed, no matter who they come up against. Even in practice games against the first-team - although we don't do particularly well in them and why should we? - but you see that the ability is there and the attitude is there, and if we keep bringing them along and developing them how we have been, we'll have some very good young players.

You scored three terrific goals too...

Yes they were. Krisztian's been on fire and took his goal very well with his so-called weaker foot. The second goal involved some great play where we got a nice little passing sequence going and we put Jordy in and he took it very,very well. For the third goal Pacheco came on and spotted a great pass for Lucas who did the rest.

You've had some great times with Liverpool in the past - how highly does this win rank in your achievements with the club?

It's up there but the main aim for us is to try and get young players into the first-team. It may be six - 12 months before we see the outcome of the work we have been doing with the players but they will be exciting times for us. The difficult part is doing it again now. Forget what we won in the past, we need to look forward now and start planning for the new season.

Jay Spearing

Jay Spearing

Jay, unfortunate that you couldn't play tonight because of injury, but it's still a great achievement to be proud of...

Yes definitely. It's obviously disappointing for me personally to miss the final but I'm delighted that the lads went out and won it.

How close were you to playing some part in the match?

Well I've just started running again in training and if the game had been two or three days later, I could have been involved. But it wasn't to be.

The team did very well though and scored some great goals didn't they?

Yes, we did what we set out to do and we kept a clean sheet against a good side which is a good achievement and scored some some great goals too.

You still managed to take part in the celebrations. What was it like celebrating in front of the Kop?

It was just great to be at Anfield. When we found out it was going to be played here we were all made up and we were determined to go out there and we celebrated as a team because that is what has seen us do so well this season.

There's a great team spirit in your squad isn't there?

The lads work really hard for each other. as the season's gone on we've become very good friends and good teammates and we are always willing to put in that extra bit of work for each other.

You've won three trophies this season and scored 60 goals - that's some achievement...

If you'd said that we'd achieve all this at the start of the season we'd have happily taken it and we are just delighted with how the season has gone.

Jordy Brouwer

Brouwer, Jordy

Jordy, What was it like to score in front of the Kop?

It was the best moment of my life. To score in any game is amazing but to score in front of the Kop is something else.

It was a great performance tonight against an experienced Villa side wasn't it?

Yes, they had four or five first-team players and we only had Lucas, so we really turned it on and to win 3-0 is a great achievement.

It caps a fine season doesn't it?

Yes, everyone knows there job and we have proved we are a good side.

You finished the season strong by scoring a lot of goals and it was nice to mark your first taste of Anfield with a goal tonight wasn't it?

Yes it very nice. I have been scoring a few recently and it was good to finish with a goal in the last game and such an important one too.

Did you enjoy celebrating with the trophy at the end?

Of course. It's always good to celebrate when you win things and it was good fun.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 10:39:01 am by kopindian »

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 8, 2008, 11:55:01 am »
those lads were me and my mates dead in the first half alot better in the second those stweards were wankers just because we were bouncing
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lfc_4eva_2oo6

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: May 8, 2008, 12:16:14 pm »
i thought it was funny the bouncing

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #184 on: May 8, 2008, 12:16:19 pm »
those lads were me and my mates dead in the first half alot better in the second those stweards were wankers just because we were bouncing

In English.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline toomanysteves

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: May 8, 2008, 12:16:46 pm »
was it just me or did anyone else think lucas looked ever so slightly embarrassed by the celebrations at the end.
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #186 on: May 8, 2008, 12:18:53 pm »
was it just me or did anyone else think lucas looked ever so slightly embarrassed by the celebrations at the end.

I just thought he didn't want to get too carried away as he's only played for the reserves about 3 or 4 times this year.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #187 on: May 8, 2008, 12:21:20 pm »
Congratulations to the boys. A great performance early on and although they rode their luck a bit in the second half, that's what you need to win these games.

Nemeth; future!!!

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #188 on: May 8, 2008, 12:32:41 pm »

It's just you. I only saw a big smile on his face.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #189 on: May 8, 2008, 12:42:59 pm »

Great night, turn out could've been better but those who made had a great time. Celebrations were reminiscent of Istanbul with the stage and pyrotechnics.

I thought the trophy was a bit of a let down though.

Prepare to see some of these lads in the first team next season if not this Sunday.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #190 on: May 8, 2008, 01:14:04 pm »
Wellin Rafa. :wellin
Justice for the 96.

Offline kopite-jft96

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: May 8, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »
good to see them doing well

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #192 on: May 8, 2008, 01:20:07 pm »
Did Pacheco do well when he came on? Didnt see the game last night but whenever ive seen this lad play ive been impressed with him. Seems clever on the ball, good vision etc.

Very promising.

He was only on for about 15 minutes. One of his first touches he megged a defender. A couple of minutes later he put in a sublime, wrong footing, trickery pass to Lucas to put the Brazilian through to score in front of the kop. Then he almost scored himself stretching for a long cross in from the right and just got his angle wrong and skyed it. But it so easily could have been a goal. Kid is only 17 I believe and he showed composure, trickery and vision. Exciting prospect.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #193 on: May 8, 2008, 01:29:40 pm »
:wellin wellin lads
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 8, 2008, 01:49:29 pm »
Lads played great as they have all season, i was really pleased for Brouwer as i have slagged him off all season silently but fair play to him last night he looked the biz, Nemeth was again top notch i like the way he holds the ball up he will do a good job soon for the main team, i was slightly disappointed that a few of the first teamers were not present, i didnt see any on the tv coverage if they were there then i apologise for giving them grief, it wouldnt have hurt them maybe StevieG was baby sitting !!
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline crosspool

• Kemlynite
« Reply #195 on: May 8, 2008, 02:57:56 pm »
Well done.  Good season all round.  Just wondering what Lucas was doing there.  Thought he was past this level by now.
Lucas volunteered to play, cos Jay Spearing was injured and there isn't another obvious replacement. He did play a few time for the Ressies this season anyway, and his positive attitude is encouraging - good to see that he hasn't gone too "big time" after a few games in the first team.

Offline walker10100351

• Main Stander
« Reply #196 on: May 8, 2008, 02:59:45 pm »
well done lads
Football is about 2 things winning and winning well

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 8, 2008, 03:16:28 pm »
Did Pacheco do well when he came on?

he was class, nutmegged one of their players and setup the third goal, fantastic touch and movement 

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 8, 2008, 03:29:32 pm »
Lucas volunteered to play, cos Jay Spearing was injured and there isn't another obvious replacement. He did play a few time for the Ressies this season anyway, and his positive attitude is encouraging - good to see that he hasn't gone too "big time" after a few games in the first team.

Same thing happened with Pennant when he played.  He knew he wasn't playing for the 1st team and volunteered to play for the reserves to show how willing he was to play.  Yet some people thought that him playing for the reserves shows that rafa doesn't think he is good enough!  Glad to see they want to play as much as possible!

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 8, 2008, 03:49:52 pm »
 :scarf :scarf :scarf :champ :scarf :scarf :scarf