Author Topic: Liverpool stadium plan to be approved next week  (Read 17269 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool stadium plan to be approved next week
« on: April 25, 2008, 06:15:38 pm »
 Apr 25 2008
Latest artist's impression of Liverpool's new stadium on Stanley Park

LIVERPOOL FC’s third stadium plan is set to get the go-ahead next week.

City planners have recommended the £350m proposal for a 60,000-seater ground is approved by councillors..

However, progress on the stadium is likely to remain in doubt as long as the ownership stand-off continues.

Liverpool’s original building plan for Stanley Park was backed by the council as far back as 2004.

American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett ordered a massive redesign when they took over the club last year and their plan was approved last summer.

But it was shelved and redrawn a second time by Dallas-based architects HKS earlier this year when the tycoons decided it was too expensive.

Next month, councillors will have their say on a scheme showing a number of crucial changes, including:

The future capacity of New Anfield, after any expansion, has been reduced from 76,000 to 73,000.

The underground car park beneath the stadium has been halved in size.

A three-storey car park will be located under tennis courts and a games area in Stanley Park, shielded from Priory Road by a “green wall”.

The width, length and height of the stadium has been reduced by several metres.

The roof opening is smaller and designed differently to keep the crowd dry and help the pitch grow.

Plans for public viewing areas, a “skywalk” and roof terrace restaurant in the new Kop stand have been scrapped.

The redesign does not affect the restoration of the remainder of Stanley Park, which is underway and expected to finish in December.

A council report says: “The overall form of the stadium, with the Kop as the main generator of the building form will add to the city skyline, and create a positive landmark and a focus for further investment.

“The changes introduced in March do little to dilute the architectural quality of the proposed stadium.”

Planners said the scheme should be agreed if Liverpool agreed to meet certain conditions.

The club must make sure spectators leaving their cars in the stadium’s 970 parking spaces arrive an hour before kick-off and wait an hour after the final whistle to leave.

It must also pay for a yearly review of the residents-only parking zone around Anfield for five years after the ground opens – and fund any expansion of it.

Several community groups have objected to the plan, including Priory Area Residents Association (Para), Friends of Stanley Park and Stanley Park Preservation Society.

The council’s planning committee meets on May 6.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/04/25/liverpool-stadium-plan-to-be-approved-next-week-64375-20821108/

What's this now ?  Another revised plan ?  And more importantly is this even going to be built given the feuds in our Boardroom and the clear untenablity in that situation.  Add to that the burgeoning debts we will accrue if Hicks does manage to take a loan to build the stadium.  Or do you think this might just be another ploy to divert attention from the Boardroom struggles ?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool stadium plan to be approved next week
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:16:08 pm »
If only we had any money.

Offline carra__gold

• Anny Roader
  • Weve won it 5 times....
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:27:19 pm »
Here we go again

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:29:07 pm »
Dic will buy out Gillette, come up with their half of the money, Hicks won;t be able to and be forced out. Then DIC will either fuck us around a bit more, with "plans for an even better, grander more fabulous stadium" or build the stadium in the latest plans.

EDIT: What's interesting in that picture is that in the original artists impression, those two ladies in the foreground were 5 years old.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline rushnaldo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:29:34 pm »
Several community groups have objected to the plan, including Priory Area Residents Association (Para), Friends of Stanley Park and Stanley Park Preservation Society??

Did these groups object before?

Offline revertssd

• Main Stander
  • Whether storm or golden sky
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 06:30:06 pm »
I don't think it's a new one, it's just the approval for the redesign after they decided to scrap their initial plans.  I think that even though there is a power struggle and a huge division between H&G, they're capable of agreeing to sign off on something like the stadium.  The money might be a problem, however....
"Kenny is not only the best individual I have come across, he is the best team member too. This fellow is the professional."
                                                                                                                                           - Bob Paisley

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 06:36:52 pm »
Plans for public viewing areas, a “skywalk” and roof terrace restaurant in the new Kop stand have been scrapped.

Not THE most crucial aspects of the new ground I admit but was the loss of these really neccesary? Wouldnt have thought it would have shaved off zillions of the cost, so we wont have a nice area now to view the three graces, cathedrals and view over the river to the welsh mountains now....tut tut.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 06:41:53 pm »
Fuck me. How much is it going to cost to draw this lot up, go through all the fucking razzmatazz again and then scrap them.
Just fuck off.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Paul 14

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 06:45:46 pm »
According to most know alls DIC will be soon owning the club, so why are we going through with this monstrosity?

Offline eeayeaddio

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 06:46:45 pm »
Do we even want this stadium now or is it a case of 'we're just sick of the whole stadim affair and we want to get it over with' or 'we have to press on to meet deadlines'?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 06:58:17 pm »
Next month, councillors will have their say on a scheme showing a number of crucial changes, including:

The future capacity of New Anfield, after any expansion, has been reduced from 76,000 to 73,000.

A three-storey car park will be located under tennis courts and a games area in Stanley Park, shielded from Priory Road by a “green wall”.

The roof opening is smaller and designed differently to keep the crowd dry and help the pitch grow.

Talk about cutting back to the bare bones :(

Even that latest rendering looks like it's some campus building, not the mighty Anfield II

Supoose this is what you get with the Tumour in charge, all mouth and no action, what was it he called it only the other week, "giving us the best stadium in the world"? Yeah right, you inbred walrus.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 07:04:41 pm »
According to most know alls DIC will be soon owning the club, so why are we going through with this monstrosity?

Because the planning application was submitted back in the late autumn before it kicked off between Hicks and Gillette. It doesn't do them any favours to pull the application. All that would do is that they lose the planing application fee and get no decision. At least if they keep the application running, they'll get a decision if nothing else.
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 07:05:57 pm »
It'll never be built with the yanks in charge. Just throwing us a few more carrots to keep us sweet.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline qeti

• Boys Pen
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 07:06:42 pm »
think it wont be as good as anfield...
anfield is my dream...
its not just stadium :S:S:S
steven U are just too good to be truth :)

Offline babeltime

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 07:39:46 pm »
yawn...

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 07:41:17 pm »
my yonng lad will have his season ticket by the time we see new anfield and he's 18 months old and just been put on the waiting list

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 07:51:01 pm »
It'll never be built IMO.
Gillett would have to approve it and he doesn't look like doing so.
Also, Hicks would need to have the second loan in place...even more unlikely.
A massive white elephant befitting the jungle outlaw himself
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• The Bomber Harris of the Current Affairs Forum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 07:52:19 pm »

Talk about cutting back to the bare bones :(

Even that latest rendering looks like it's some campus building, not the mighty Anfield II

Supoose this is what you get with the Tumour in charge, all mouth and no action, what was it he called it only the other week, "giving us the best stadium in the world"? Yeah right, you inbred walrus.

To be honest, I don't think that the revised design differ in any significant way from the original.  In some ways it IMHO looks slightly better. Larger glass squares for one if I recall correctly.  A bit uncertain about some of the metal works.

Anyhow, a 73 thousand capacity would be mighty fine, but for how long are we supposed to play in this stadium?  I think it might be a major mistake if the stadium is not expandable. 

Then again, it might all be moot in a few weeks.   Have D.I.C. given any info on their plans for the stadium in their recent  PR efforts?
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline dis_1

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 08:53:15 pm »
For me the most depressing part is the thought of all of those millions of dollars being paid to Hicks & Gilletts cronies at DALLAS based HKS. No wonder it's been designed, redesigned, scaled down etc.

Breaking News....
Hicks orders plans to be redrawn again as there is no walrus pool filled with the heated brine from hot dogs for him to wallow in.

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 08:55:46 pm »
here we go again  :butt

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 09:02:58 pm »
What the feck are some of you guys on about? Do people actually read what's being said? The article makes it perfecly clear it is about the forthcoming approval of the same redesigned HKS one from January. It's not another redesign. The one from January is the scaled down, smaller capacity, half-carpark design.

This one: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158580080125-1030.htm
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 09:06:47 pm by Football CRAZY »

Offline dis_1

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 09:13:25 pm »
What the feck are some of you guys on about? Do people actually read what's being said? The article makes it perfecly clear it is about the forthcoming approval of the same redesigned HKS one from January. It's not another redesign. The one from January is the scaled down, smaller capacity, half-carpark design.

Yeah I realise that, the same way as I realise that Gerry Hicks is a Senior Vice President of HKS.
Any relation I wonder?

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 09:14:34 pm »

Who implied otherwise?
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 09:41:23 pm »
Who implied otherwise?

all the people who said here we go again, how much will this cost to get drawn up again etc  :P

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 09:44:39 pm »
I think you are being too harsh.  I think most people realised that. Just frustrated that yet another design is now being approved.

Anyhow, so I though. I think well of my fellow reds  ;D

Cheers!

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 09:47:36 pm »
I think you are being too harsh.  I think most people realised that. Just frustrated that yet another design is now being approved.

Anyhow, so I though. I think well of my fellow reds  ;D

Cheers!

Would people be happier if it was disapproved ;D
I think the article is good news, can't see why anyone would get angry reading it unless they thought it meant yet another new design was being drawn up, which several people seemed to think. Can't wait for my seasie if it ever gets finished. 8)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 09:50:03 pm »
Hicks should patent the 'Internet Ground'.  We've now built three.  All mod cons included.  Guaranteed to put the mancs et al in the shade.

Who needs a fuckin 'spade in 60 days' when photoshop does the job with a tiny percentage of labour and no cost whatsoever.

Some call the councillors at Liverpool CC incompetent aka Matthew St, trams, city of culture, etc.  They must piss themselves everytime they see the latest 'internet ground'.  No wonder they now automatically give thumbs up to planning permission - safe in the knowledge it will forever remain a figment of imagination.

They should rename the team Liverpool Sims fc.  Fantasy football for a fantasy ground.

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 09:52:04 pm »
Would people be happier if it was disapproved ;D
I think the article is good news, can't see why anyone would get angry reading it unless they thought it meant yet another new design was being drawn up, which several people seemed to think. Can't wait for my seasie if it ever gets finished. 8)

Anything Hicks is like waving a red towel before a raging bull.  It's pavlovian  :wave

Offline redknight

• Kemlynite
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2008, 09:53:15 pm »
that revised design is shite. i mean it just goes to show how much they embrace our tradition, [by putting excutive boxes in the kop]. its an Embarrassment and a joke.  :no
"A woman drove me to drink and I never even had the decency to thank her"

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 09:55:03 pm »
that revised design is shite. i mean it just goes to show how much they embrace our tradition, [by putting excutive boxes in the kop]. its an Embarrassment and a joke.  :no

I thought was disabled spaces?

At least it was in the original design. And, at the exact same spot?

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 09:57:06 pm »

Add to that:

"Plans for public viewing areas, a “skywalk” and roof terrace restaurant in the new Kop stand have been scrapped."

"Skywalk" and a roof terrace restaurant in the Kop.

Fu&% that...

Glad it is gone....

Offline redknight

• Kemlynite
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 09:59:57 pm »
I thought was disabled spaces?

At least it was in the original design. And, at the exact same spot?
  no mate parry came out with a statement while back confirming that unfortunately the new kop is not gonna be single tier and that there is gonna be excutive boxes in the kop as well.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 10:03:33 pm »
  no mate parry came out with a statement while back confirming that unfortunately the new kop is not gonna be single tier and that there is gonna be excutive boxes in the kop as well.
What the fuck, I never saw that quote, "not gonna be single tier", "exec boxes in the kop", I thought that it was a disabled platform which I didn't agree with, not in the Kop, but exec boxes in the Kop, that's fucking shite. Has anyone got the link to that quote.

Offline Need_a_bevvy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 10:07:16 pm »
What the fuck, I never saw that quote, "not gonna be single tier", "exec boxes in the kop", I thought that it was a disabled platform which I didn't agree with, not in the Kop, but exec boxes in the Kop, that's fucking shite. Has anyone got the link to that quote.

I agree. That's utter shite. 

Would also like to see a link if possible.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 10:10:26 pm »
I'd love to think otherwise but with both the yanks in charge this is all  :mooncat
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 10:34:49 pm »

Can't find anything on the net that confirms this, and the official site still shows the Kop as a single tier. As far as I know the plans have not been changed again to accomodate this, are you sure this wan't a pisstake?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 10:37:22 pm »
Can't find anything on the net that confirms this, and the official site still shows the Kop as a single tier. As far as I know the plans have not been changed again to accomodate this, are you sure this wan't a pisstake?

The whole idea of a new ground is a piss take.  We're only on the receiving end.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40:11 pm »
The whole idea of a new ground is a piss take.  We're only on the receiving end.

I know what you mean but surely nobody would waste millions on this project if it wasn't intended to happen, not even Statler and Waldorf, eh?

Offline redknight

• Kemlynite
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40:23 pm »
mate i been serching the official site [where i read this statement] but cant seem to find it. i very much hope it was a pisstake but with these yanks in charge nothing would surprise me.

Offline Redm

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 10:44:02 pm »
This is just bollox. They can not pay for a stadium with their own or others money (cos no one will give it to them). This is yet more posturing to get more from DIC. Think I may start dreaming about killing Hicks.

:rant

Itnever ceases to amaze me how easily people fall for pr shite.
 :missus