Author Topic: Yet another Special Anfield night - Liverpool V Arsenal post game comments  (Read 91392 times)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
Mixed results for our illustrious owner Mr Hicks. We're through to the semis in a hell of an exciting match which had it all. Alas, his Texas Rangers got hammered with him presumably in attendance.

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
Oh and give credit to our players showed class at the end when I wouldn't have blamed them if they nutted that c*nt of a ref.

Glad to see you have calmed down a bit.  I don't begrudge you having a dig at the ref.  Even if it was a pen ;D

I don't like to see you gooners so bitter to be honest.  One of my best mates is a gooner and I  like to think you are bigger than that.

You are a fine fine team, who were unplayable for 25 minutes.  I think arguably you played TOO well in the first 25 mins, a level of play that you could not maintain for that 90.

I really hope you win at Old Trafford on Sunday and turn the league on its head.  Of all the three teams in it, I hope you do it and maybe, just maybe we can both enjoy success together come the end of the season.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
Arsene Wenger  can fuck off!  loving this!

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
i have this mad feeling that jar will either put us in the final or score the winner in the final.

just got that nutty feeling

Offline 11 friends

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He's brought off balance. Haven't heard anyone neutral say it was a dive yet. They say it was clumsy defending by Toure. My immediate reaction was penalty, just as it was when Hleb was brought down last week, btw.

Agree.

If it`s classed as a foul in midfield then it should be classed as such in the penalty area.The slight difference being that Babel was going full pelt and tagged by three defenders and Hleb was at half pace with rubbery legs!!
The slow mo`s made it look like Kuyt was inviting Hleb to a rock`n`roll twist whilst the sly sports (even)slower mo`s made him look like he was jiving ,stealing a handbag and tattooing someting on Hlebs wrist-too Michael Moore if you ask me!!

Offline jaydog

• Main Stander
Payback for 1989, Babel does a Micky Thomas.

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
I screamed my head off after every LFC goal...

GO REDSSSSSSSS!!!!

i envy you
i cant even scream cos it was about 4am at my side
i have to jump around with my mouth shut!
lolz!
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
if i say the word black, im being racist? Get a grip

arsenal played better football...well let me see, it was actually unfair, how many black players do you have? Nearly the whole teams black. The reason i ask is, black players are  really skillfull, tall and fast, so yeh, it was more like liverpool playing brazil...arsenal not even a british club lol, dude, u knw it..

thats what you said earlier if u cant remember
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Conde

• scendingly banned for being an arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB I FUCKING LOVE YOU.

SAMI, FERNANDO, STEVIE AND RYAN THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH.

THATS FOR 89 YOU COCKNEY TWATS.

SO PROUD OF MY FUCKING CLUB TONIGHT, GETINNNNNNNNNNNNN

ATMOSPHERE WAS GOOD ASWELL :D

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
CAPELLO - CHECK
MOURINHO - CHECK
KOEMAN - CHECK
RIJKAARD - CHECK
ANCHELOTTI - CHECK
MANCINI - CHECK
WENGER - CHECK
FERGUSON...

Offline TanistliN

• Main Stander
  • O thou of little faith,wherefore didst thou doubt?
    • ZOR Music Magazine
I'm really proud of supporting the most special club in this continent.
Thank you lads, thank you Torres, go home gunners mum's waitin

Offline Andy-Bayor

• Main Stander
  • Oh to be a gooner.
  • Super Title: Banned for being a prick
Our season is over I hope for a liverpool Barca final good luck and good night.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
It was just like in those Fabregas photoshop pics

:lmao
This result's even made evie post more than once in a day! ;D
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
I did a course in lip-reading and watched Adebayor after his equalising goal and what he was saying to the gooner fans.

Watch carefully after his goal and you can clearly see him saying the words...

"Stop applauding!"
"We're still going out"
"Why are you still here?"
"Watch them fuck us up the ass any minute"
"Stop and go home"

You'll see.

Did you see him say it?  I told you so.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Just got in me ears are ringing an i am still buzzin great night

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
CAPELLO - CHECK
MOURINHO - CHECK
KOEMAN - CHECK
RIJKAARD - CHECK
ANCHELOTTI - CHECK
MANCINI - CHECK
WENGER - CHECK
FERGUSON...

"You're boys took one HELL of a beating"
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
You know it hurts when you play the better football deserve to go through and the ref gives that decision a joke hope Babel misses a penalty against Chelsea.

you're an embarrassment mate. Sorry. Still... see you next year maybe?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
whats your problem huh/? Seriously whats your problem..im talking to andy, and u butting in...ur the tit not me...watch ur mouth...and im not being racist...all iim tryin t o state is are facts..arsenal have alot of black players in their team which brings more pace, because lets face it black players are fast, like babel....and ur the c*nt u little gimp, dnt abuse over here got that?!

Let me see

1) You don't use proper english

2) You spout racist shit

3) You talk shite

4) You talk shite

Etc

Offline The Dog's Bollock

• Main Stander
What a night! Yet another one! Walcott's run reminded me of Maradonna. Maybe he fancies a transfer after his disappointment tonight. Would have to sit on the bench though with Kuyt around. What an immense performance from him.   

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone got a link to a video of the goals?

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
Our season is over I hope for a liverpool Barca final good luck and good night.
ANDY  NOT OVER YET, peg  those manc c*nts  back!

Offline stonewall

• penalty
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Another scorcher of a night - roller coaster of emotions - what is it with us and European games?! Wish we could win like this in the league. On nights like tonight we showed again that we can beat anyone. Once again Anfield was a cauldron of noise and colour - the fans did us proud. Even when we were struggling in the first 25 minutes the choruses of "Fields of Anfield Road" etc gave me hope. What a great night...  Now onwards to face those arrogant twats in the semis. (But I'd swap all of this for lifting that league title.... Maybe next season.......)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
What a fuckin rollercoaster of a game,only with Liverpool I'll tell you that!!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
WENGER IS   A  BAD LOSER! 

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
Fantastic night!

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
arsenal played better football...well let me see, it was actually unfair, how many black players do you have? Nearly the whole teams black. The reason i ask is, black players are  really skillfull, tall and fast, so yeh, it was more like liverpool playing brazil...arsenal not even a british club lol, dude, u knw it..

thats what you said earlier if u cant remember

what was so offensive about that? I said arsenal not even a british club..it was like saying telling u something to agree on, not making anyone against arsenal, or foreign players...im just stating the i hardly seen any british players in there..in nooot racist, ur pre juding me..
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh and give credit to our players showed class at the end when I wouldn't have blamed them if they nutted that c*nt of a ref.
i notice you dont mention wenger  ...his post match comments are a disgrace the sore loser in wenger is gettin worse it must be his lack of trophies
Indeed...

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
A  GREAT  GIFT    ROFL!!!!!11

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
Payback for 1989, Babel does a Micky Thomas.

Exactly what went through my head at the time. The ghost is exorcised at last.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone got wengers comments, I'm due a laugh

Offline Paul_Nudge

• Main Stander
Thought Aurelio should have brought Walcott down, but for some reason the way both teams were playing I still believed we would win.

At the end Rafa walked towards Babel and Babel gave him a look and a smile as if to say "Fuckin' hell boss, what you said to me before I came on came true!"

Another amazing night!
Moses said come forth, but we came first!

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
CAPELLO - CHECK
MOURINHO - CHECK
KOEMAN - CHECK
RIJKAARD - CHECK
ANCHELOTTI - CHECK
MANCINI - CHECK
WENGER - CHECK
FERGUSON...
i think fergies going to get off scot free from being humiliated by rafa and our legendary club.

the c*nt will get battered by barca and avoid the humiliation of defeat inb europe by our legend of a manager and historic team

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
Anyone got wengers comments, I'm due a laugh
Unbelievble

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
Exactly. If you don't win the ball and you make contact, you run the risk of conceding a penalty. We could have had two in the last week and you not had one, been unlucky on you and I remember the penalty Grimsby conceded to go 1-0 down in the recent final, I bet that defender does that many times a match and never gets called up, unlucky that he did there but like Toure, he made the foul and can have little complaints. Could also have had goal ruled out due to possible Flamini handball, not sure if it was or wasn't but could see why there were appeals, ref happens.

Think not taking chances is harsh, we scored 3, just the can't defend bit is the problem.

Gods, what were Arsenal thinking trying to hoof it when 2-1 down. When we did play it along the ground, during that time, we looked like we might get a goal but too often we booted it. Must have got rattled near the end I suppose

An unbeaten season, much joy as well as pain and a title shot this year till our defence decided to defend like Andorra. I'm one of those people who would rather lose a good game, like this one, then see a England like performance from my team. I support England and I still wanted us knocked out of last world cup so I might just be odd

had he started, he wouldn't have done that ;) Impact player at the moment, not yet ready to start top class games

Bad bit:

Going out in such a manner, hurts like heck. So delighted when we pulled it back only to lose it at the end...

Defending. Almunia made what, one save ,maybe two, not shone in a big game yet for Arsenal. Senderos lost man, Cesc decided on the post meant wander away from it, lost momentum there but recovered well by half time. Then great counter attack, fair enough Gallas beaten in the air, fair enough Senderos tried to buy time, Toure gets there and decides to not close him down either, you can't do that with  Torres. One of them has to get close to him. Third, Toure concedes silly penalty, fourth, well that was great work by Babel though Jens/VDS/Reina would have convinced me more of saving when Babel was bearing down on goal. Taking nothing away from your goals but this has been our problem. Honestly, was there a single goal we conceded this season other then your 4th tonight when we had everyone pushing forward where I could think "nothing we could do"? No, that is what frustrates me.

Problem is, you can otherwise have a good game as Senderos did today or Gallas against Aston Villa, some good tackles and good blocks but Man U don't make those mistakes anywhere near as often. We have to sort it out, man for man I have faith in what we have but they (other then Sagna) have turned into a bunch of Brambles recently.

Eboue was awful, we still seem reluctant to actually give the ball to Walcott.

To take out of:
We scored twice and played some really good football, to be fair so did Liverpool once you made it 1-1, the goals we did score were very good whatever complaints about the defending you guys might have. Ade scored, Hleb looked quite effective, Clichy burst forward and Diaby started well but faded, Van Persie doesn't seem to be injured. Great run by Walcott, looked a real threat when on the ball.

We didn't get intimidated which is always a fear when Anfield in CL though we do seem to get rattled when we concede against you even at home. Against most teams, we promptly get better so just seems to be something you do to us.

Still, at least the Man U game shouldn't be a 0-0 bore :P Sorry for the rant
It's been one thing after another since the Birmingham away game. That ruled out Eduardo with an awful injury, the last minute penalty (dubious decision), and Gallas' reaction to that and the draw against 10 menseemed to magnify the blows.

Arsenal were unlucky with the referee again in the first leg, but they let too many chances slip past them, and didn't come back from the blows of that penalty followed by Bendtner's goal-line clearance.

In a sense Liverpool won the psychological battle, equalising minutes at the Emirates. Tonight they pulled themselves together after a disastrous start, and again when Walcott burst through on the break. Arsenal couldn't recover.

Losing Flamini was another big blow to Arsenal's defensive strength and resilience. Mascherano was lucky not to be playing on a booking from that foul on him.

The back 4 lost concentration at critical moments, for Hyypia, Torres and Babel to punish them. Adebayour and Bendtner let too many chances go.

I'm sure Rafa would relate a lot of it back to 'mentality' and condition, based on 'rotation'.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Reina - Dissapointing for the goal but did most of what was asked of him

Fabio Aurelio - was outstanding today, best performance in a Liverpool shirt

Hyypia - Delighted for him, deserves that goal for his brilliant displays this season, well done Sami

Squirtle - Getting better and better, took the ball out of defence well a few times, will hopefully form a good partnership with D-Agger for years to come

Carra - Did very well at right-back considering how he is seen as an attacking liability, offered alot of out balls today

Xabi - Did his job with simple passing and the occasional good long one, what you'd expect of him

Masch - I love him, that is all

Gerrard - Claims it was his worst game in a Liverpool shirt, he was good but not immense, however he kept his nerve for the penalty, tried to drive us on.

Kuyt - Worked, worked, worked and started alot of attacks, good game from the lad

Crouch - Did what he was put onto do, great set up and was taken off at the right time as he was tiring

Torres - See Masch

-----------------------------

Babel - Impact sub, brilliant :)

Riise - Did well for when he was on
------------------------------

What a game!

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
Inerviewer: "Was it a penalty?"

Rafa: "I haven't seen, but we scored 4 goals"

Legend

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
Hear that poor loser fucker Wenger??  A gift??  Doesn't that twat realise we scored a goal afterwards??
« Last Edit: February 4, 2009, 06:45:02 am by LFC Lad »
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
Cheers Mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 semis in 4 years, Rafa's a legend :)

Bring on Chelsea, we'll kick them and then Barça!
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Missed it, rage, good enough my workmates brothers kept me updated with the score(particular credit to Neil, as hes a Manc)

Love ya boys

(Will comment more tomorrow, im only home from work and am tired)
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.