Author Topic: No New Stadium Unveiled  (Read 76944 times)

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
  • Super Title: Not the sharpest drumstick in the family bucket
Re: New Stadium Unveiled
« Reply #560 on: January 26, 2008, 08:33:18 pm »
yeah or a printing error
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline josh96

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: January 27, 2008, 12:53:23 am »
DIC story is still not going away

Dubai appoints striker in drive for Liverpool

By Mark Kleinman and Simon Goodley
Last Updated: 12:17am GMT 27/01/2008

Dubai International Capital (DIC) is believed to be pressing ahead with an attempt to prise Liverpool Football Club out of American hands despite a £350m refinancing deal struck late last week.
# Liverpool bid may still kick off

DIC is understood to have engaged advisers including the City law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer to assist it in the pursuit of Liverpool. Insiders said this weekend that officials from the Gulf state's investment vehicle had met with Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the joint-shareholders in Kop Football Holdings as recently as Friday.

Despite continued denials from Hicks and Gillett that they have any plans to sell the club, sources close to DIC said the investment group had continued to receive encouragement to make an offer for the club.

The intrigue surrounding the Americans' ownership of Liverpool reached fever pitch last week with the finalisation of a refinancing package worth £350m that should enable Liverpool to leave its Anfield home - where it beat Havant & Waterlooville in the FA Cup yesterday - and move to a new 71,000-seat stadium in Stanley Park.

It is understood that the latest refinancing, struck with lenders including Royal Bank of Scotland, may need to be replaced with a further package within the next 18 months.

DIC declined to comment, while spokesmen for Hicks and Gillett could not be reached last night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/01/27/cnliverpool127.xml

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #562 on: January 27, 2008, 01:33:26 am »
DIC story is still not going away

Dubai appoints striker in drive for Liverpool

By Mark Kleinman and Simon Goodley
Last Updated: 12:17am GMT 27/01/2008

Dubai International Capital (DIC) is believed to be pressing ahead with an attempt to prise Liverpool Football Club out of American hands despite a £350m refinancing deal struck late last week.
# Liverpool bid may still kick off

DIC is understood to have engaged advisers including the City law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer to assist it in the pursuit of Liverpool. Insiders said this weekend that officials from the Gulf state's investment vehicle had met with Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the joint-shareholders in Kop Football Holdings as recently as Friday.

Despite continued denials from Hicks and Gillett that they have any plans to sell the club, sources close to DIC said the investment group had continued to receive encouragement to make an offer for the club.

The intrigue surrounding the Americans' ownership of Liverpool reached fever pitch last week with the finalisation of a refinancing package worth £350m that should enable Liverpool to leave its Anfield home - where it beat Havant & Waterlooville in the FA Cup yesterday - and move to a new 71,000-seat stadium in Stanley Park.

It is understood that the latest refinancing, struck with lenders including Royal Bank of Scotland, may need to be replaced with a further package within the next 18 months.

DIC declined to comment, while spokesmen for Hicks and Gillett could not be reached last night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/01/27/cnliverpool127.xml

Good story that  ::)

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #563 on: January 27, 2008, 03:31:25 am »
Good story that  ::)

One of those 'No means yes' types. Wouldn't be surprised to find him in the local lockup after a night on the pull. :P
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline NeonPeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #564 on: January 27, 2008, 03:47:31 am »
From The Observer.  Not sure if this has been posted.
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2247768,00.html

"DIC 'still intent' on Liverpool takeover

Duncan Castles
Sunday January 27, 2008
The Observer

Dubai International Capital remain intent on a takeover of Liverpool, regardless of their disappointment with the nature of the £350million refinancing deal with which the club's American owners have secured their immediate tenure there.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr announced the new 18-month 'market-rate' loan on Friday, the former describing it as 'a strong vote of confidence in the club's financial strength'. DIC, however, regard it as an expensive holding measure that will cost the club around £28m a year in interest, yet fail to solve Liverpool's requirement for significant new capital.

Article continues
Underwritten by the Royal Bank of Scotland and US bank Wachovia, the loan provides limited additional resources for a club in need of significant investment in the playing staff and a new stadium expected to cost a further £300m. As Liverpool's total debt stood at £297m before the refinancing package was agreed, it delivers a maximum of £53m of new money. Around £20m is thought to have been used up by the arrangement fee on the new loan.

While concerned club officials insisted that £245m of the debt was placed against Hicks and Gillett's holding company Kop Football Limited, it is understood that interest payments will be made entirely from club income. As such these will swallow up almost all of Liverpool's projected profits for the 2007-08 financial year.

Though the banks required Hicks and Gillett to increase their personal guarantees on the debt to £225m, it is understood that the Americans have not spent any of their own money on the club with the £20m equity each had to inject into the new deal coming in the form of personal loans, repayable by the club to them in the event of a further takeover.

The new 71,000-capacity stadium at Stanley Park will not be realised without another large tranche of debt. Though the stadium design announced on Friday has been downgraded from architects HKS' original proposal, it is still expected to cost a total of £350m. A spokesman for Hicks said that £50m of that sum has already been spent on consultancy and design. Further planning permission is required on the new structure.

DIC consider the refinancing a waste of club money that could have been spent on the team or the stadium and attempted to prevent it by offering to buy the club for £500m last week. Sources at the Arab investment group insist that Hicks and Gillett indicated their intention to sell during takeover talks, but only after the new loan had gone through.

Led by Liverpool supporter Sameer Al Ansari, DIC thought it had agreed a deal to buy Liverpool in late 2006, only for majority shareholder David Moores to sell to Hicks and Gillett. The Americans paid £174.1m for the shares, taking on outstanding debts of £44.8m and undertaking not to borrow any money against the club. On Friday, Kop Football Limited restated that debt at £60m.

Hicks also moved to reassure Rafa Benítez of his 'continuing and enthusiastic support' as manager, after earlier admitting that he had talked with Jurgen Klinsmann about replacing the Spaniard. Benitez has said little about the refinancing, though he suggested his desired £17m full transfer of Javier Mascherano would have to be partially funded by Mohamed Sissoko's proposed sale to Juventus.

Asked last night if Hicks now intended to sell Liverpool, his spokesman said: 'Tom Hicks is not a seller of Liverpool Football Club and he is certainly in it for the long term.' He declined to comment on how interest payments on the £350m would be funded, how much new money would be available to Liverpool, or whether the owners had invested any of their own cash in the club. Gillett, unhappy with some of his partner's recent actions, has yet to comment publicly on the revised plans."

I'm disgusted.

Offline navin

• Anny Roader
  • Malaysia
« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2008, 03:56:28 am »
I think after media made known that DIC still unable to buy LFC, Mr Dubai will ordered "buy LFC at any cost. We are DIC".

Liverpool Forever !

Offline NeonPeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2008, 04:00:15 am »
I think after media made known that DIC still unable to buy LFC, Mr Dubai will ordered "buy LFC at any cost. We are DIC".

That sounds exactly how an investment company would proceed; overvaluing an investment to prove a point.

Offline smuj

• Kemlynite
  • Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.
« Reply #567 on: January 27, 2008, 06:57:08 am »
For fuck sake, some of you guys would not of been happy no matter what the stadium looked like after how the americans have acted in recent weeks.

If you take a step back and actually look at it in detail you will see this is a fantastic stadium and will look awsome when built, ( if built)

for the the greatest thing about it has to be the kop, in years gone by when standing was allowed the kop was very intimidating(spelt wrong) but since all seater came in it sorted lost its fear factor.
Now when you add all these extra seats in the new kop again it can be as fearfull as ever.

We dont want a bowl to play in, were lfc were different, we set the scale for other to follow, so come lets get behind this fucking team and let the world now once again LFC is coming

To be honest with you, I think the latest anti-G+H stuff has nothing to do with the stadiums design.  it looks really shiny and smashing and all that...just like the last one they were going to start building last March.

Great pictures but we still haven't seen a spade in the ground in their first year of ownership.  And all of our financial future apparently rests on this being built.  ::)   :butt
"I owe Bob more than I owe anybody else in the game. There will never be another like him." Kenny Dalglish on Bob Paisley

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #568 on: January 27, 2008, 01:54:30 pm »
The Observer and the Telegraph still talking about it. you have to appreciate the relentless pursuit of our club. we all know the saying. there is no amoke without fire. the yanks are pimping our club for more profit from the looks of it or  if the papers are to be believed. I HATE THE MOTHERFUCKING BASTARDS  WHO ARE PIMPING OUR CLUB. Sorry for my profanity but that is how much I hate our fucking owners for dragging our club through the mud :no :no :no

You're dead right helix. I'm not sure the DIC will be perfect, no huge investment company is perfect, but G and H (especially H) are definitely pimping our club. The sooner Dubai take over the better. G and H, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB

Offline redpride9

• Legacy Fan
  • Sonic Booom !!
« Reply #569 on: January 27, 2008, 02:08:52 pm »
Fantastic design.. love it..
We won it 5 times........

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
  • Super Title: Not the sharpest drumstick in the family bucket
« Reply #570 on: January 27, 2008, 02:18:25 pm »
and me
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: January 27, 2008, 02:23:50 pm »
Fantastic design.. love it..

You haven't got a window round have you?

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #572 on: January 28, 2008, 11:05:30 pm »
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2008, 11:08:30 pm »
Thanks zigzackly, interesting to see what AFL designed

I have to say, I don't really like it, THE KOP emblazoned on the outside like Everton's 'The People's Club', and just everything. I'm not feeling that meccano set of a stadium at all.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2008, 11:09:23 pm »
Looks like a cockroach.
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline Igor Zidane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #575 on: January 28, 2008, 11:11:25 pm »
SOS No 821

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: January 28, 2008, 11:11:51 pm »
Besides "The Kop" thing, I kind of like it but not nearly as unique as the one now.

Offline GTCarney

• Main Stander
« Reply #577 on: January 28, 2008, 11:12:15 pm »
looks too european for my liking. prefer the one that the otherwise useless lying bastards picked.

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #578 on: January 28, 2008, 11:37:03 pm »
I think the AFL design looked too much of a bowled stadium, with the interior looking a lot like an American football stadium.

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #579 on: January 28, 2008, 11:40:46 pm »
Can't we change the title of this thread?  No new stadium has been unveiled.  Not a single square inch of ground has been dug up.

What has been unveiled is the third, or is it fourth, set of designs.  And frankly, I dont think these designs are going to make it to a fully built stadium (which can be unveiled) any more than the previous ones.

The title of the thread makes it sound like the c*nts have actually done something.  Of course they have done nothing; other than waste a year and £15M+ on designs, pictures, competitions etc

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #580 on: January 28, 2008, 11:53:01 pm »
I much prefer the new AFL design. looks like a football stadium.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: January 28, 2008, 11:57:06 pm »

I have to say, I don't really like it, THE KOP emblazoned on the outside like Everton's 'The People's Club', and just everything. I'm not feeling that meccano set of a stadium at all.

Parry Bowl : :-X

Offline redscotch

• Kopite
« Reply #582 on: January 28, 2008, 11:59:21 pm »
Prefer the one chosen to be honest but 'THE KOP' lettering is all right, I reckon. Can see why they did that, plays up to 'brand Liverpool' ;)

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #583 on: January 29, 2008, 12:01:24 am »
I like the revised AFL one, it's 1000% better than the others they came up with. I don't love it though. The inside looks ok, the outside very ordinary. And the kop's roof is see through and very high, the whole stadium in all looks so much less enclosed than HKS's. I prefer the HKS one, it's more 'square' & imposing. even though I like some bits of AFL's.

The stadium is also facing the wrong way, at least on HKS's the kop is facing the same way as it normally does. As a south ender in Liverpool, when I walk up from where we park I will still see the Kop first as I am walking over the pavillion where Anfield is now. This one is flipped to the side, a total lack of thought on AFL's part.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:05:32 am by Football CRAZY »

Offline squishy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #584 on: January 29, 2008, 12:05:23 am »
not being funny but all those glass windows in anfield........... not just asking for it???? have to tape your letter box up round bonfire night for fuck sake.

Offline redscotch

• Kopite
« Reply #585 on: January 29, 2008, 12:08:43 am »
I won't be happy until the new stadium has got five, 10 foot high European cups, lit brightly from below, right above the entance to the new stadium( with room for more obviously). If you've got it flaunt it I say.  :champ  :thumbup

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #586 on: January 29, 2008, 12:12:41 am »
Much prefer the HKS design. Minus that ugly split on the Kop.

Shame it won't get built though. No long term strategy, "We'll deal with the extra finance further down the road."

Business plan must have been written on the back of a fag packet.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:14:18 am by PhilAnderer »

Offline Georgi_Angelovski

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #587 on: January 29, 2008, 12:13:35 am »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:15:22 am by Georgi_Angelovski »

Offline donut

• and wants to stay one... unfunny twat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: January 29, 2008, 12:22:31 am »
not being funny but all those glass windows in anfield........... not just asking for it???? have to tape your letter box up round bonfire night for fuck sake.

Would take a hell of a lot more than a brick to break this

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #589 on: January 29, 2008, 12:23:43 am »
LFC have contacted Beaver 84  about anti climb fence panels they have asked the cost for the hire and what it would cost them to buy them.

They were also asked the cost for hording panles (metal).

The hire was for 5 years.
The call was first made to Widnes branch and they Passed the call to Beaver head office in Basildon, Essex.

The start of hire was from june.

From someone who works at Beaver.

Strange, I just googled beaver and got something totally different.

Offline MightyLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #590 on: January 29, 2008, 12:39:16 am »

The Kop is emblazoned on the outside of the Kop at the moment and it's only a bit of writing anyway.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #591 on: January 29, 2008, 12:44:03 am »
The Kop is emblazoned on the outside of the Kop at the moment and it's only a bit of writing anyway.

But it looks tasteful as it is, emblazoned like that looks tacky. But as you say that's detail. The comparison with Wembley and the similarities with it makes it look even more *meh* to me.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: January 29, 2008, 01:06:26 am »

Worse still next to the kop sign why are those players wearing Man U kits?  :o I can see red shirts, white shorts and black socks.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #593 on: January 29, 2008, 07:43:51 am »

I dont think it looks too bad, but ive always been a fan of bowl shaped stadiums anyway :) would've looked much better without them big arches.

And only £290million? thats cheaper than the HKS design aint it?? would of been nice to see noth plans bought together possibly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:45:45 am by LiamG »

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #594 on: January 29, 2008, 08:45:14 am »
 :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:51:30 am by Georgi_Angelovski »

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #595 on: January 29, 2008, 08:45:58 am »
 :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:48:42 am by Georgi_Angelovski »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: January 29, 2008, 09:14:36 am »
I quite like it actually, with the possible exception of those 2 Wembley-like arches.  I think it would work better as a stadium than the HKS design.  The way the glass at the back of the Kop and 2 side stands is designed will let light in but also keep the sound in too.  And unlike the Emirates you won't get the wind blowing through any open bits!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Re: No New Stadium Unveiled
« Reply #597 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:56 am »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #598 on: January 29, 2008, 09:20:58 am »
Kop dosent look domineering compared to the other stands unlike the HKS design, but i like the outside appearance more!

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #599 on: January 29, 2008, 09:21:42 am »
"A spokesman for Hicks said that £50m of that sum has already been spent on consultancy and design."

:o :o

Thats a lot of money for printing glossy pictures of hypothetical stadiums.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly