Author Topic: No New Stadium Unveiled  (Read 76942 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: No New Stadium Unveiled
« Reply #600 on: January 29, 2008, 09:23:07 am »

My photshopped bigger AFL Kop :)

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #601 on: January 29, 2008, 09:38:18 am »
What's a "No New Stadium Unveiled"?
JFT97

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #602 on: January 29, 2008, 09:41:11 am »

nothing to do with me lol
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: January 29, 2008, 10:59:13 am »
re AFL design.
I've held back any comments on our proposed stadium so far, but having just seen the AFL proposal overall I'm relieved which direction we've taken. The AFL design's exterior is a bad mix of bits of Wembley, OT, Emirates and Cardiff imo. There are a lot of dire and dated extra design elements too, like those dodgy red entrance swooshes.

What I would say is that the interior of the stadium probably excites me more than the HKS stadium – I'm still concerned about these wierd gaps either side of the proposed new Kop... does anyone know if there are still options to fill those areas?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #604 on: January 29, 2008, 11:00:45 am »

I'm still concerned about these wierd gaps either side of the proposed new Kop... does anyone know if there are still options to fill those areas?

I dont think so because there is huge steel supports there

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2008, 11:01:51 am »
re AFL design.
I've held back any comments on our proposed stadium so far, but having just seen the AFL proposal overall I'm relieved which direction we've taken. The AFL design's exterior is a bad mix of bits of Wembley, OT, Emirates and Cardiff imo. There are a lot of dire and dated extra design elements too, like those dodgy red entrance swooshes.

What I would say is that the interior of the stadium probably excites me more than the HKS stadium – I'm still concerned about these wierd gaps either side of the proposed new Kop... does anyone know if there are still options to fill those areas?

Hot dog stands, a guy playing an organ, some heavily sponsored cheerleaders and a Monster Truck for the half-time show
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2008, 11:05:02 am »
There are a lot of dire and dated extra design elements too, like those dodgy red entrance swooshes.

And the Arches....... pointless. Looks like they stuck them on as an afterthought in an attempt to make it look less generic.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: January 29, 2008, 11:11:02 am »
of course... they're saving the space for theatre style corporate boxes...

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2008, 11:20:48 am »
That AFL one IS the Emirates!! 

Thank god we're not getting the Parry bowl!

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #609 on: January 29, 2008, 11:25:12 am »
The Arches on the AFL one have been taken from the Olympic stadium in Athens
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Roblaar

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #610 on: January 29, 2008, 11:35:35 am »
And the Arches....... pointless. Looks like they stuck them on as an afterthought in an attempt to make it look less generic.

They are holding the roof up.

Offline Roblaar

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #611 on: January 29, 2008, 11:37:09 am »
The Arches on the AFL one have been taken from the Olympic stadium in Athens

The Athens stadium incorporates a torsion tube.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #612 on: January 29, 2008, 12:17:52 pm »
could imagine a load of young scals climbing  those arches just before kick off.. ;)
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: January 29, 2008, 12:18:43 pm »
What's up with the players on the AFL stadium? None of the kits looks like Liverpoolkits ffs.

Those bastards :)
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #614 on: January 29, 2008, 12:19:25 pm »
What's up with the players on the AFL stadium? None of the kits looks like Liverpoolkits ffs.

Those bastards :)
I think there old pictures :)

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #615 on: January 29, 2008, 12:25:29 pm »
Spent ages looking at it and although it's very nice, I still think it's too much like the emirates and De Luz for my liking. I looks nothing like anfield inside, and is facing the wrong way on the park. I think that's what has lost AFL the contract. They are talented in designing standard, good football stadiums. But they haven't got that flair and ability to think outside the box that HKS have shown. They managed to create a unique design with an interior that looks very similar to the current anfield only much bigger. I think that's what won it for them. AFL designed a textbook exterior with the interior of a De Luz, an Emirates, with a touch of Veledrome. It's great, and would still probably be the best ground in the League. but it isn't an Anfield.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:27:28 pm by Football CRAZY »

Offline Georgi_Angelovski

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #616 on: January 29, 2008, 02:00:22 pm »

By the way, these are the designs for the new Spartak Moscow stadium (from 2006)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #617 on: January 29, 2008, 02:04:26 pm »
looks like a crab

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #618 on: January 29, 2008, 02:07:45 pm »
Retractable pitch will mean less chance of snow covered CL games.

I have to say, I don't think the AFL Anfield looks too bad.
It looks like a proper football stadium inside.
If DIC were really interested in the original AFL Parry Bowl and took up this plan, I'd be more than happy
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: January 29, 2008, 02:08:48 pm »
Hicks has made the right decision for once on the stadium choice

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Stadium Unveiled
« Reply #620 on: January 29, 2008, 06:10:35 pm »
Thanks zigzackly, interesting to see what AFL designed

Not very impressed with the outside. The HKS is better looking. Not sure about internal dynamics and all that.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #621 on: January 29, 2008, 08:29:48 pm »
Not very impressed with the outside. The HKS is better looking. Not sure about internal dynamics and all that.

An impressive bowl but a bowl just the same. Our owners have actually got something right at last. The one they've chosen is easily the best. We deserve something unique and we will have it if the HKS one goes ahead. With the AFL design the Kop looks the same as the other end. The HKS one has steeper stands and is closer to the pitch which is what we all want. Just like the San Siro etc. it will give us a much better atmosphere than the crap bowls. We don't want a bowl, they're boring, we want something different that everybody else will be jealous of, and the HKS stadium is exactly that. For god's sake start digging soon.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: January 29, 2008, 10:27:08 pm »
looks like a crab
:) It certainly looks like it might get off and scuttle away at any moment

Offline jaycc

• Main Stander
  • Rafa
« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2008, 10:46:12 pm »
Dont give a flying shit about the Stadium.  Will just remind me to much of the G&H era, even when they have long gone (if our club has not vanished by that time)
John Barnes

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: January 30, 2008, 12:09:25 am »
Do you get the feeling that the new stadium plans may be as much about american bombast as about our identity and heritage? I'm broadly in favour of the stadium design (esp after seeing the alternative), but I've got this nagging thought there's something a bit muscle-car bout the thing... all the chunky chrome work maybe.
Can't change that though. Really that's just the shell and it's how the club retains it's identity within that.

Be interesting to see how the all the details develop. These big screen shaped spaces cutaway in the stadium exterior, for instance, don't seem to have a purpose yet. Is there some sort of ongoing fan forum / consultation process regarding what is going to happen with things like the Shankly gates? [obviously the Hillsborough memorial is a seperate issue]. Anyone know?

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: January 30, 2008, 12:47:14 am »
Cro-bar this end:

Into this stadium:

Bish Bash Bosh. Jobs done. Everybody happy.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:49 pm »
An impressive bowl but a bowl just the same. Our owners have actually got something right at last. The one they've chosen is easily the best. We deserve something unique and we will have it if the HKS one goes ahead. With the AFL design the Kop looks the same as the other end. The HKS one has steeper stands and is closer to the pitch which is what we all want. Just like the San Siro etc. it will give us a much better atmosphere than the crap bowls. We don't want a bowl, they're boring, we want something different that everybody else will be jealous of, and the HKS stadium is exactly that. For god's sake start digging soon.

my view is that there is a very fine line between "different" or "unique" and.... "weird", "ugly", "embarrassing", "freakish".....not sure we are on the right side of this line to be honest.
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: January 30, 2008, 10:19:17 pm »

My photshopped bigger AFL Kop :)

i can't stand the look of this...these open sided stands look too much like the open-air yankee football stadiums...no soul.

the way i see things is this....Hicks will decide what we get and nothing that is said here will make a shred of difference.

i would have no problem with this if he had paid cash for his shares...he would thus have earned the right to decide...but, as he is getting supporters to pay for his purchase, i think it stinks.

yankee owners, yankee architects, yankee brash flash stadium, LFC the laughing stock of English football, and, worse....so many on here just lapping it up.

fucks sake, this stadium being foisted on us (if it ever gets built) will be a millstone around the neck of LFC and the City of Liverpool for a generation. i think it is an ugly monstrosity.

I hate it all!
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: January 30, 2008, 10:21:08 pm »
Prefer the one chosen to be honest but 'THE KOP' lettering is all right, I reckon. Can see why they did that, plays up to 'brand Liverpool' ;)

should say "SPION KOP"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #629 on: January 30, 2008, 10:35:59 pm »
i can't stand the look of this...these open sided stands look too much like the open-air yankee football stadiums...no soul.

the way i see things is this....Hicks will decide what we get and nothing that is said here will make a shred of difference.

i would have no problem with this if he had paid cash for his shares...he would thus have earned the right to decide...but, as he is getting supporters to pay for his purchase, i think it stinks.

yankee owners, yankee architects, yankee brash flash stadium, LFC the laughing stock of English football, and, worse....so many on here just lapping it up.

fucks sake, this stadium being foisted on us (if it ever gets built) will be a millstone around the neck of LFC and the City of Liverpool for a generation. i think it is an ugly monstrosity.

I hate it all!
This is not the stadium we're supposed to be getting Albertared. This is the one from the other company that has been rejected.

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: January 30, 2008, 10:41:35 pm »
I'm happy with that 71,000  :lickin

Just Maybe these two are Trying to pacify us lot  :-\

don't kid yourself...they couldn't give a rat's about what anyone in Liverpool thinks...it just doesn't affect them one way or the other

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #631 on: January 31, 2008, 08:28:54 am »
The Athens stadium incorporates a torsion tube.

Ah a torsion tube,  silly me
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:11 pm »

It was originally entitled 'New Stadium Unveiled', but as there is very little that is actually new that we haven't seen already, I changed it to 'No New Stadium Unveiled'.

Clear as mud.  :rollseyes

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: January 31, 2008, 05:04:42 pm »
This is not the stadium we're supposed to be getting Albertared. This is the one from the other company that has been rejected.

yeah, but i hate all the designs i've seen...soulless, ugly, crass...typical Americana. oh, and lest that sounds racist, i live in Canada and visit the US of A regularly and have several American friends...it is no sl;ight on Americans but they just like things bigger and flashier than they need to be and I don't think Liverpool as a club or a city is that way inclined.

i have a picture in my head of a stadium but don't have the time or ability to draw it out for you but it is neither "ultra modern" or "old fashioned" but more an optimisation of a "traditional" 4-stand stadium.

oh well, as i've said already, Hicks will likely get his way whatever anyone else thinks so we are all probably wasting our energy discussing it.

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #634 on: February 1, 2008, 12:45:00 am »
Ah a torsion tube,  silly me

:lmao ;D

incidently I'd love to see some night time renders and some with fans and players on the pitch sooner rather than later. What it might look like on a CL night. Only so much of an idea you can get from pictures of an empty stadium. Even somewhere like the Nou Camp doesn't look much when it's empty.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2008, 03:51:47 pm by Football CRAZY »

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #635 on: February 5, 2008, 12:38:37 pm »
to be honest the AFL design looks ok with the single tiered Kop and its more likely to get built than the HKS design coz its cheaper.  Only thing is Hicks :rash seems to like HKS, so who knows what we'll end up getting ?? if anything at all.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #636 on: February 6, 2008, 05:09:46 am »
One question, never thought to build on Anfield? We can not remodel the stadium that Liverpool have already widening all forums? It is impossible? It was generally thought at first enlarge the stadium itself instead of building new elsewhere.
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: February 6, 2008, 07:33:19 am »
One question, never thought to build on Anfield? We can not remodel the stadium that Liverpool have already widening all forums? It is impossible? It was generally thought at first enlarge the stadium itself instead of building new elsewhere.

From what I remember from years ago, when all of this expansion/new stadium talk started (mid 1990s), the original plan was to rebuild Anfield (I actually found an old fanzine the other day with Parry and Moores in it saying they were fully committed to staying at Anfield. It's from a couple of weeks after the infamous Leicester home defeat in 1999). but a couple of people who owned houses behind the Main Stand refused to sell up so the plans had to be shelved.

I'd personally love it if we could find a way to stay at Anfield and expand it out. Unfortunately though it would probably cost almost as much as a new stadium if you took into account the loss of revenue while the stands are demolished and rebuilt and I really can't see any realistic way of doing it.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #638 on: February 6, 2008, 08:35:43 am »
From what I remember from years ago, when all of this expansion/new stadium talk started (mid 1990s), the original plan was to rebuild Anfield (I actually found an old fanzine the other day with Parry and Moores in it saying they were fully committed to staying at Anfield. It's from a couple of weeks after the infamous Leicester home defeat in 1999). but a couple of people who owned houses behind the Main Stand refused to sell up so the plans had to be shelved.

I'd personally love it if we could find a way to stay at Anfield and expand it out. Unfortunately though it would probably cost almost as much as a new stadium if you took into account the loss of revenue while the stands are demolished and rebuilt and I really can't see any realistic way of doing it.

Nor do I believe it has to destroy everything, you have the advantage because you have the structure of the stadium built, then removed the roofs of the galleries and reliza construction of the extension of the existing galleries in stages and finally put the roof .. Old Trafford was not built in this manner over the story? I think Liverpool should not move from Anfield because of the mystic could lose that place.
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: February 6, 2008, 09:14:27 am »

Use the 'search' button mate.  There was plenty of discussion of this at the time on here.