Author Topic: Marseille 0 v 4 Liverpool. Champions League, After-Game Talk.....  (Read 31109 times)

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
Re: Marseille 0 v 4 Liverpool. Champions League, After-Game Talk.....
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2007, 10:22:33 pm »
Was really impressed about Stevie and Carra being very complacent with the media tonight.
Gave the c*nts absolutely nothing to write about in the press tomorrow and just focusing on their ,"
Fantastic attitudes to say FUCK ALL to the media and a lesson to all those who posted such rubbish relating to keeping boardroom/power struggles inside the club.
The players themselves have got an agenda,as we can all see from their wholehearted support on the pitch for Rafa.
The dignity in the way they have conducted themselves needs to be applauded as you can see a team being moulded to draw together against all odds

I was actually a little disappointed because stevie was asked by gabriel clarke about Rafa, and he could have just said "Rafas the only one for us" or words to that effect. You know how the media hang on his every word. Could have been beneficial
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2007, 10:22:43 pm »
Another European master class. Make no mistake, this could have been a tricky game. Torres terrorised the crap out of them all night. Wtf were ITV on about saying that we don't see enough of him? Think he's only missed one game when fit  ???.

I said to my Manc mate after the third game that we'd still go through & he laughed.  ;D

Lots of positives. Hope the thread makes 15+ pages  ;). Kewell was very good. I don't care if he can only play 65 minutes each game, if they are 65 minutes of quality.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2007, 10:23:03 pm »
I guess there will be a massed scramble for tickets when the next juicy tie is announced.  After a lot of fans chose to leave the Beşiktaş game well alone thinking we were already out.  If the Porto game was anything to go by, it'll be nice and easy to get the tickets.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2007, 10:23:08 pm »
just return of the stadium.

What can i say ?
four classes of difference between a fantastic football team and a pathetic goats team.

A shame, a mortification as i never seen here.

Just want to say :

- that Liverpool is now one of the rare team which is gone with a standing ovation of the stadium.
- That liverpool fans and marseille fans have applauded themselves at the end of the match. That was fine.
- it was a pleasure to meet some members of the french branch this afternoon.

Thanks and all the best for the rest of the season  :wave

Offline gob

• Stopper.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Jamais Les Premiers
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2007, 10:23:39 pm »
Cheers. Your fans were brilliant tonight, best of luck for the rest of the season.

Now, i have only one team to support ( is it the right term ?) this year in CL.

Hope we'll go to Moscou.
"Je me souviens que c'était une ambiance extraordinaire au Vélodrome... Le stade Vélodrome est un des stades où les supporters sont le plus derrière leur équipe" Steven Gerrard

royhendo

« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2007, 10:23:58 pm »
Just had Rafa on Sky Italia with Lippi (his first game as a co-comentator). Love Rafa speaking in Italian 8)

Didn't say a great deal, we were almost perfect, said we had defects but wouldn't go in to them. Lippi saying Marseille weren't good enough to make any defects show. Lippi also said they got to know each other while he was at Juve and Rafa was doing his tour. Complimented...

CARRA ON NOW ;D...

brilliant post - cheers mate!

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2007, 10:24:20 pm »
And Dunphy has announced that he 'worships' Liverpool! Which is why he's so critical.
:lmao   I truly wish I had access to every one of his post match analysis, used to despise him when I first heard of him, but he's just too hilarious now !.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2007, 10:25:09 pm »
Riise - 4 - fuck me, he visibly worsens in front of your very eyes, he's gone beyond alehouse into some new type of establishment, like a crack den or sumpn. I'll bet anyone on this forum a grand that if you ask Riise what 'composure' means he'll say it's when you can't go for a shite. Fucking get rid of him Rafa.

Benayoun - 9 - my MOTM - fucking worked his arse off all night and if anyone should have been taken off with 20 to go and saved for United it's him, not Kewell, not Torres and not Kuyt. One minute he was in the opposition third trying to link in and the next he was back making a crucial interception. He's gonna challenge Torres for my POTY if he carries on like this, and he will

Mascherano - 6.5 - anonymous. I can only imagine how much of a new arse we would have ripped Marseille if Alonso had played tonight.

Torres - 7 - one moment of sheer brilliance for the goal but a lot of sloppy play after that. One moment where he entered the box on the right in the second half before hitting a lazy cross into the full back pissed me right off. Toughen up in the tackle ffs lad, you're built like a brick shithouse and you go to ground like Heskey did. You COULD be THE NUMBER 1 most feared striker in Europe if you concentrate and play for 90 (that's NINETY) minutes and cut out the sloppy shit. Are you reading this, eh ? EH ? No, of course you're not, it's past yer bedtime. Sweet dreams.

Babel - there's a player playing for us who REALLY COULD be the most feared attacking player in Europe. It isn't Torres. It's this lad. Someone tell me that you watch this lad's feet and balance and don't see a quicker version of Zidane. If he played up front with Torres come the weekend we might just see the Manc shite off in good style. He won't though will he, he'll be on the bench...

You watched a different game to me, mate.

Only thing I really agree with is that Babel should be upfront with Torres.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2007, 10:25:16 pm »
What a performance! We were brilliant today.

Can't wait for sunday. Bring on the Manc c*nts!!!!

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2007, 10:25:17 pm »
Now, i have only one team to support ( is it the right term ?) this year in CL.

Hope we'll go to Moscou.

Atleast foreign fans can see that we are a decent team. Thanks & good luck.

Offline billypilgrimnz

• troll stuck under a bridge in Stoke.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2007, 10:25:44 pm »

Fabio Aurelio - contributed the sum total of his initials. Ta. Still, at least you didn't get injured eh.

Except of course for the assist for Babel's goal.

One wonders sometimes whether you even watch the games. I'm no Riise supporter, but defensively he was superb tonight.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:04 pm »
just return of the stadium.

What can i say ?
four classes of difference between a fantastic football team and a pathetic goats team.

A shame, a mortification as i never seen here.

Just want to say :

- that Liverpool is now one of the rare team which is gone with a standing ovation of the stadium.
- That liverpool fans and marseille fans have applauded themselves at the end of the match. That was fine.
- it was a pleasure to meet some members of the french branch this afternoon.

Thanks for posting that. Good to hear Liverpool got a standing ovation. Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you do well in the UEFA Cup - put out Everton for us please.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:06 pm »
I was actually a little disappointed because stevie was asked by gabriel clarke about Rafa, and he could have just said "Rafas the only one for us" or words to that effect. You know how the media hang on his every word. Could have been beneficial

Was thinking the same

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:35 pm »
Riise and Kuyt knockers should take a step back tonight.

Not knocking Riise. but i don't think he managed a pass to a team-mate tonight. Everything he done was a hoof.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:53 pm »

and to me, no pleasing some eh?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline gob

• Stopper.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Jamais Les Premiers
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2007, 10:27:02 pm »
Atleast foreign fans can see that we are a decent team. Thanks & good luck.

i will try to post you photos tomorrow or next ( training, match and mostly fans).
"Je me souviens que c'était une ambiance extraordinaire au Vélodrome... Le stade Vélodrome est un des stades où les supporters sont le plus derrière leur équipe" Steven Gerrard

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2007, 10:27:32 pm »
Riise - 4 - fuck me, he visibly worsens in front of your very eyes, he's gone beyond alehouse into some new type of establishment, like a crack den or sumpn. I'll bet anyone on this forum a grand that if you ask Riise what 'composure' means he'll say it's when you can't go for a shite. Fucking get rid of him Rafa.

I'm a critic of Riise, but this is complete and utter bollocks.

He had a good game tonight.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2007, 10:27:34 pm »

Exactly what i thought

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2007, 10:27:54 pm »
2 awards, longest sentence of the night and biggest pile of shit posted on here for a long time.
beaten to it I see :wave !

Offline redeagle

• Kopite
  • This world is impermanent
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2007, 10:27:54 pm »
I try but can't. souness wasn't impressed that we didn't test the Marseille keeper. Doesn't like the brand of football we play either.

And Dunphy has announced that he 'worships' Liverpool! Which is why he's so critical.

lol yea..was hilarious. we completely mauled the opposition in  typical away performance and we are credited with still been in the wrong.

same all tired crap.
I like it!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:00 pm »

Kinell, the man didn't put a foot wrong all night. What else do you want from him? Benayoun MOTM? He was good, not as good as Torres or Kuyt. Can't understand where we 'flattered to deceive' either, Marseille looked shit because we locked them down and made them look like shit. Settle down and enjoy the win.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:07 pm »

Same here

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:36 pm »

Yes, was thinking that too.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:40 pm »
Sounness now saying he can't see AC, Barca, Inter or Real beat either Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2007, 10:28:53 pm »
and to me, no pleasing some eh?

I've no idea what Riise did to get a 4. I thought Yossi was good, but man of the match with a 9... can't agree.

each to our own though.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline berrno3333

• Taliban Arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Noodles i slipped",
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:06 pm »
Babel's goal was excellent. His touch round the keeper was inch perfect and he could've easily fluffed it. Good to see him looking lively and energetic everytime he comes on.

Anyone else getting a bit annoyed at the constant jibes about rotation though? Half time interval and the two pricks in the studio are mentioning how Rafa doesn't play Torres enough. He's "rotated" him in ONE game - Birmingham at home. He had a knock against Pompey and other than that he's played everytime he's not been injured.
He did have a plaster on his knee!!!!!
An arsehole of the first order and proud of it.                                                                                   Founder member of the Popular front of Judea

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:23 pm »
scores on the doors, 7 being the start point bearing in mind the result :

So it's 7 for a 'superb result' and it's a 7 for Torres who is 'sloppy shit'? Excellent.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:52 pm »
Well, for all those who were tipping us to be humiliated (i.e. certain people in the Marseille camp) I don't to say much more do I?

That was an emphatic victory over a side that should never taken a point off us, let alone 3. We let the football do the talking, and my word what a fantastic goal from Torres, especially considering his touch and control wasn't 100% throughout the game, but he saved the best for that stunning piece of close control and conmposure in the penalty area.

Only downside was a yellow for Carra and a possible injury to Masch, but even then he got up and carried on.

And don't worry about facing one of the group winners, they will be just as scared of us :D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:56 pm »
Thommo was great tonight, just seen his reactions to the goals. ;D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:09 pm »
I really hope we start with the same team against Man U, the only change I might make is Crouch for Kuyt, as we look so much better with two wingers, I

are you mad, kuyt is easily the best partner for Torres

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:16 pm »
Was thinking the same

I just get the impression everyone has been told to keep a lid on it in public.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:36 pm »
Some really good lfc calls on talksport, and alvin martin sticking up for us

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:57 pm »
I just get the impression everyone has been told to keep a lid on it in public.

A lid on what?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2007, 10:31:01 pm »
What did gerrard say (can't be arsed to look back at the moment)

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2007, 10:31:50 pm »
That Samir Nasri looks very good

Offline WorldChampions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2007, 10:32:41 pm »
What did gerrard say (can't be arsed to look back at the moment)

Nothing of interest really, Torres needs to keep giving more and Rafa saying it was like a cup final spured them on

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2007, 10:32:59 pm »
carra was asked the same question and said pretty much the same

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2007, 10:33:02 pm »
I've no idea what Riise did to get a 4. I thought Yossi was good, but man of the match with a 9... can't agree.

each to our own though.

Personally I thought Riise had his best game in quite a while, didn't offer anything going forward but was solid at the back at all times. I would certainly have Gerrard and Kuyt ahead of Yossi for MOTM

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2007, 10:33:16 pm »
What's worse is that Sounness keeps going on like he's real diehard Liverpool fan. My fucking bollocks, he even said he wanted to be jumping up and down that we were stuffing teams 8-0, 4-1 and 4-0, but because of our style of play he couldn't. Sorry Graeme, but if you weren't jumping up and down in any of them games then you ain't a fan.

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2007, 10:33:20 pm »
Some really good lfc calls on talksport, and alvin martin sticking up for us

Well his Son plays for us, so he has to.
Justice for the 96.