Author Topic: Police fear new Liverpool stadium could be terrorist target.  (Read 8248 times)

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
Police fear new Liverpool stadium could be terrorist target.
« on: October 31, 2007, 07:46:27 am »
olice fear new Liverpool stadium could be terrorist target

Oct 31 2007 EXCLUSIVE by Larry Neild, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOOL FC’s proposed iconic stadium at Stanley Park could be a significant target for a terrorist attack, a report to councillors has revealed.

A senior Merseyside police officer has called for special counter terrorism measures to be introduced to protect the new stadium being a target for suicide bombers.

Assistant Chief Constable Simon Byrne has told city planners that in the context of the current heightened terrorist threat within the UK, the stadium should have special conditions to ensure special anti-terrorism measures are incorporated into design standards for the new 60,000-seater venue.

Leading Town Hall planners have already insisted that the stadium should be designed to minimise its openness to attack. ensure the opportunity to attack the venue is “prevented, frustrated and deterred”.

ACC Byrne is calling on the planning committee to impose strict conditions on planning consent to ensure counter measures devised by the Association of Chief Police Officers are introduced at the new Anfield.

The design standards set by ACPO are intended to set parameters for construction and design of the ground to reduce the likelihood and impact of a terrorist attack.

Details of the  measures have already been discussed with the club and its advisors.

The terrorism dimension is one of a number of security and safety issues raised by Mr  Byrne in the official response of Merseyside Police to Liverpool FC’s revised stadium plans.

He wants high level CCTV systems and a fully equipped control room. The scheme already includes its own Home Office- standard on-site mini prison - or custody suite.

Liverpool want to build a 60,000-seater stadium with a pitch sunk 26ft into the ground.

This is to accommodate the slope of a new Kop. The new stadium will incorporate a club museum and shop, community partnership centre, club offices, conference and banqueting facilities and a 970-space car park. The new ground will have 114 executive boxes, 54 more than the number included in the original design specifications.

The development of Anfield Plaza on the site of the present ground will see properties demolished along Anfield Road. There will also be tennis courts, a multi-use games area, a hotel, commercial office space, shops, bars and restaurants as well as a large open space based on the existing playing area.

The new stadium will be designed to be expanded to 76,000 seats, though the capacity would require a separate planning application in the future to increase to this expanded capacity.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/10/31/police-fear-new-liverpool-stadium-could-be-terrorist-target-64375-20035913/
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Police fear new Liverpool stadium could be terrorist target.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:00:07 am »
Surely every stadium is equally susceptable. Or have I missed something here.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:00:25 am »

No mate.

It's just this city, once again, doing it's best to delay and add costs to Liverpool's new stadium.

Why a "new" Anfield would be a greater target than the already world famous one is questionable, I just refer back to my last point.

Why is there no mention of this being an issue with the proposed Kirby Tesco-Dome?

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 09:15:12 am »
I guess it must be something to do with all the glass.

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 09:35:07 am »

I agree.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 10:39:55 am »

Yeah and surely its down to the Police to have the right intelligence and to Police these events properly.

Its got nothing to do with LFC, typical Police chiefs trying to make a name for themselves in the local media, and delaying the process of the build.  Think they should try and concentrate on cutting crime in this city and finding the killers of Rhys Jones instead of acting as politicians.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:41:37 am by ShanksLegend »

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 10:49:01 am »
Yeah and surely its down to the Police to have the right intelligence and to Police these events properly.

Its got nothing to do with LFC, typical Police chiefs trying to make a name for themselves in the local media, and delaying the process of the build.  Think they should try and concentrate on cutting crime in this city and finding the killers of Rhys Jones instead of acting as politicians.

Absolutely.  Well said ShanksLegend, iBasta Ya! and Curva Nord.

Now can you all please go and advise Liverpool City Council that they should tell the police to grow up and fuck off. 

Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 11:04:05 am »
Why is there no mention of this being an issue with the proposed Kirby Tesco-Dome?

They are only worried about city based stadia.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 11:24:59 am »

The Kirby stadium has utilised an advanced anti terrorism strategy whereby any bomb would actually improve the aesthetics of the building and end the suffering of those within, thus rendering any attack futile.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 12:38:54 pm »
The Kirby stadium has utilised an advanced anti terrorism strategy whereby any bomb would actually improve the aesthetics of the building and end the suffering of those within, thus rendering any attack futile.

That's harsh... :shocked
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 04:26:22 pm »
Build a big bubble around the ground,

Oh no that would involve another planning application
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 04:31:30 pm »
No, it'd be better for the stadium to have expandable legs so that it can pick itself up and run away from any possible threat and place itself in a safe area.
......and could he play!

Offline Mr_e

• Boys Pen
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 04:47:48 pm »
load of balls, what about the mancs, and Villa?

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 04:59:07 pm »
Wembley on a England game would be a higher risk i would of thought. Its the country they hate not a city in the North west of the country. Load of bollox.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 04:59:22 pm »
Simon Byrne=Evertonian

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 05:01:36 pm »

Well. there you are.  A prefect demonstration that every cloud has a silver lining.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Carraghercules

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: November 1, 2007, 04:52:06 am »
I guess it must be something to do with all the glass.

I was thinking the same thing? But surely there are other grounds with 'open' corners between the stands??
KOP RULE OK

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 1, 2007, 05:40:06 am »
::)
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 1, 2007, 10:07:28 am »
New Liverpool FC stadium: Police demand right to tow cars

Nov 1 2007 by Larry Neild, Liverpool Daily Post

LLEGALLY parked cars should be towed away from streets around Liverpool FC’s new £400m stadium to prevent the Anfield area being gridlocked on match days.

That is the new demand from Merseyside Police in response to the club’s revised plans for a new ground that could eventually hold 76,000 fans.

Liverpool City Council is currently expanding parking control zones around both Liverpool and Everton football grounds.

But Merseyside Police want a stringent enforcement policy to deter fans from leaving their vehicles close to the ground.

A number of fans currently take the risk of abandoning their vehicles, sharing the £30 penalty if they are given a ticket.

Towing cars away to a special compound, with much higher retrieval costs, would act as a strong deterrent.

Although the police support an expanded park and ride scheme for supporters heading to Stanley Park, senior officers have expressed scepticism about the ability of Liverpool FC or the council to change the culture of fans accustomed to travelling to the stadium by car.

The views of the police will be expressed at a special meeting of the city council’s planning committee next Tuesday, when councillors will decide whether the amended plans for a new stadium should be approved.

Council planning managers are recommending the go-ahead for the iconic stadium, completely re-designed following the takeover of Liverpool FC this year by US businessmen George Gillette and Tom Hicks.

In a response to the planning application Merseyside Police says the council has not yet invoked additional powers for vehicle removal.

When the council took over parking enforcement several years ago from police traffic wardens, politicians decided against introducing a clamping or tow-away policy.

In its response, Merseyside Police says that to encourage more fans to use park-and-ride facilities, vigorous enforcement is essential.

Police say the Anfield area suffers from significant problems of car theft and thefts from vehicles on match days.

The problem is so serious that on match days police have to implement a major auto-crime operation – Operation Indigo – to try to manage the theft problem.

The fear among senior officers is that the doubling of the parking control zone will displace the crime problems further away from the ground into neighbourhoods currently unaffected.

“An opportunity exists with the development to ensure there is sufficient and secure car parking for all attending the new stadium,” says Merseyside Police.

Another issue raised by the police is that the current ground has 1,000 car parking places, but even though the capacity will rise to 60,000 the number of spaces provided will fall to 970.

“Merseyside Police is sceptical about the ability of the Park and Ride system to cope adequately on busy match days and also its appeal to fans that have traditionally travelled to matches by car.”

The concern about a park and ride scheme is that if 30,000 fans decided to park at one of three dedicated zones, it would require 600 bus journeys to transport them to and from the ground.

There are worries that large numbers of fans waiting for the buses could pose a public order risk on the highway.

Three large park and ride areas are earmarked for Aintree Station, Sandhills and Pall Mall.

TOMORROW: For or against the stadium: battle lines are drawn.

larryneild

New ground expected to strengthen LFC’s hold on top of Anfield jobs league

LIVERPOOL FC is the largest employer in the Anfield area, with 256 staff on its payroll. They work in the offices, ticket offices, club shop, museum as well as in the grounds maintenance section. The number also includes playing and coaching staff. On match days, a further 1,400 part-time workers are employed as stewards, ground marshals and catering staff.

It was in 1892 that Liverpool FC was founded at the Anfield Road ground. Before that the site had been homes to Everton FC who started life on a pitch in Stanley Park in the 1880s before moving to Goodison Park.

Anfield’s current capacity of 45,000 is exceeded in England by just five stadia: Old Trafford (76,000), Emirates (60,000), St James’ Park (51,000), Stadium of Light (49,000) and City of Manchester (48,000).

With the enlarged ground of 60,000 and Anfield Plaza the number of jobs could reach 800.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/11/01/new-liverpool-fc-stadium-police-demand-right-to-tow-cars-64375-20042039/

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 1, 2007, 10:20:58 am »
This is making my brain hurt.  Let me see if I've got it right.  The bizzies don't want anyone parking near Anfield.  They also don't want anyone parking away from Anfield and walking to Anfield.  They support the park and ride but at the same time say park and ride can't cope with the demand and fans will cause a public order problem waiting for the buses.  They want the club to provide secure parking for everyone - so presumably they'll want a massive multi-storey car park or car parks built, but don't say where they are to be built.

Wouldn't it be simpler if they just asked everyone not to turn up for matches?

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #20 on: November 1, 2007, 11:12:37 am »
We could just turn Goodison in to a carpark. That would get rid of some of the parking problems. ;)
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #21 on: November 1, 2007, 11:59:54 am »
Towing cars away to a special compound, with much higher retrieval costs, would act as a massive revenue generator.

The police seem to be looking for ways to boost their income from matches. I'd resist giving them sweeping new powers unless they could be properly justified. I'll bet them having their own cells in the new stadium will encourage more arrests as well.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #22 on: November 1, 2007, 05:44:20 pm »
The stupid thing about all this is that the parking zone issue is mainly a LCC issue, it's not something the LFC can do other than to ask for it to be implemented.

Assuming that the new stations on the bootle line are to be built that will help in reducing the need for buses.  Also the police are appearing to assume everyone turns up at the same time.

Anyone know if those scientific guys have got any further with that transportation stuff that's in star trek?  That could come in well handy at the moment.

Also why weren't these concerns raised like this at the last application?  If it's to do with the possibility to increase to 76,000 then they are getting ahead of themselves a tad.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline snowy

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: November 1, 2007, 06:06:24 pm »
This is bizarre. It seems like whenever we get close to finally getting started, something else always comes up. I fear it's destined never to happen.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #24 on: November 1, 2007, 06:18:54 pm »
This is probably a standard police security report on a new development being blown up into a "story" by the press.

Move on... nothing to see.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #25 on: November 1, 2007, 06:22:43 pm »
Anyway... security's easy. Just pay the kids...

"Look after your stadium mister?...."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 1, 2007, 07:16:08 pm »

:D

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 1, 2007, 09:14:36 pm »
We should build the stadium so it's invisible.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #28 on: November 1, 2007, 10:27:35 pm »

:lmao
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #29 on: November 2, 2007, 07:30:46 am »
The Echo Arena would probably be more 'at risk ' than our new stadium, 10,000 people packed in, with little or no police presence, didn't se any concerns raised over that.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #30 on: November 5, 2007, 05:01:27 am »
Why would they want to bomb our new stadium anyways? We've always supported a 'Don't bomb Iraq, Nuke Manchester' policy.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #31 on: November 5, 2007, 12:40:20 pm »
Rocket launchers on each corner of the Stadium, surfice to air missiles , now I know why they keep going on about these 'bunkers'.

Ridiculous thing to come up with surely Wembley or even the Emirates is more of a Terrorist target than our new stadium as they're in the Capital.  They don't mention Anfield as being at threat so why would a stadium a stones throw away be any different?
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline iwasthere

• Kopite
  • Looks like Chris Coleman apparently
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 03:13:34 pm »
Wembley on a England game would be a higher risk i would've thought. Its the country they hate not a city in the North west of the country. Load of bollox.

i'd have thought wembley was equally vulnerable at any sporting event or concert!
"Take me to see Chris! The unhappy sheep!"

Offline Mart Le Taxi

• Anny Roader
  • Not knowing why, trying to be the voice of reason
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 04:53:25 pm »
I'm racking my brains to remember which three London venues are on flight paths ?

Oh yes, thats right, the three largest stadiums in the south (inc.Twickenham).

Three which sit very short bus rides from huge concentrations of devout/fanatical Muslims ? Same three.

Well don't forget you can cross Effeminates/Dubaibury off the list because bin Ladens a gooner !

I think ours would be well down the list of possible targets. If they left a car-bomb outside and didn't pay the kids they'd run the risk of coming back and finding a window broken and the timer nicked  ;D

Offline nodrear

• Kemlynite
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 08:54:20 pm »
No wonder the police are concerned. Doesn't take a lot of imagination down at MI5 to foresee the following scenario.
A world famous football ground owned by a best mate of G W Bush where anyone can walk in unsearched. The game is being televised live around the World to millions as multiple suicide bombers kill thousands.  It would be gross negligence not to take whatever measures possible to avoid such an outrage.

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 12:45:22 am »
No wonder the police are concerned. Doesn't take a lot of imagination down at MI5 to foresee the following scenario.
A world famous football ground owned by a best mate of G W Bush where anyone can walk in unsearched. The game is being televised live around the World to millions as multiple suicide bombers kill thousands.  It would be gross negligence not to take whatever measures possible to avoid such an outrage.

I'd rather jib all that and run the risk if i'm honest. Being searched 30 times a season would be a nightmare, especially considering the queues to get into the stadium as they are at the moment just before kick off
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline kopite@m45

• A frightening peek inside the mind of a Tory voter... fuck me its roomy in here
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mo mo mo, Mo Sissoko
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 08:13:38 am »
Special grass won't grow horror ! LFC announce that the genetically modified grass needed to grow 26 feet below ground level has failed its trials and that there will be no grass at the new stadium.

Our dumper truck won't work horror ! Contractors announced today that specially designed dumper trucks for excavating 26 feet below ground level cannot cope with these conditions.

Car parking trauma ! The nearest car park to the proposed new stadium, at the old Leyland factory site in Speke, is being changed to an extended runway for the Airport. Because the supporters are 26 feet below ground level and catering facilities in the upper tiers, the Airports new motto is " Above us only pies ".

A legendary dickhead, no less.

Offline Bobber

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 12:17:53 am »
Special grass won't grow horror ! LFC announce that the genetically modified grass needed to grow 26 feet below ground level has failed its trials and that there will be no grass at the new stadium.

Our dumper truck won't work horror ! Contractors announced today that specially designed dumper trucks for excavating 26 feet below ground level cannot cope with these conditions.

Car parking trauma ! The nearest car park to the proposed new stadium, at the old Leyland factory site in Speke, is being changed to an extended runway for the Airport. Because the supporters are 26 feet below ground level and catering facilities in the upper tiers, the Airports new motto is " Above us only pies ".

:D

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 02:40:50 am »

:lmao

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 03:42:27 pm »
Why would they want to bomb our new stadium anyways? We've always supported a 'Don't bomb Iraq, Nuke Manchester' policy.
Indeed.

Truth is, they just want to get their piece of the pie that is on offer, revenue generating schemes such as the tow-away thing.

Coppers are like kids, they think the are the most important things in the world, and want the latest toys to play with.

Fucking ignore them, if they were real concerns they would have objected during the planning application, as it is now, they are just after a few extra toys they can show off to the neighbouring police forces when they come round to visit. I'm serious too.
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"