Author Topic: Play Lucas??  (Read 133462 times)

Offline barbudo

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Play Lucas??
« Reply #1200 on: April 14, 2008, 03:35:11 pm »
the .tvs all gave him around 6-7 out of 10 on match ratings
Sigh sometimes i wonder about that lot

It's because some 11-year old keeps pressing "9" for Gerrard and Torres and "6" for everybody else in the first few seconds of the game.  I've been watching Aurelio's ratings for the last few games - he's been one of our better, and certainly one of our most consistent performers for the last 2 months, but he always gets "6.1"

Bethink ye, bethink ye ... that ye might be mistaken! (Oliver Cromwell)

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: April 14, 2008, 05:01:06 pm »
tv pundits are generally clueless
i mean look at andy gray and that other idiot who keep saying that gerarrd should be playing centre midfield because thats where he likes playing lol

i would like to play centre forward for Pool
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: April 20, 2008, 06:37:37 pm »
i think he has almost found the pace of the game.
looks a complete natural to me.

mark my words
this kid is gonna be instrumental to us winning things

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1203 on: April 20, 2008, 07:46:32 pm »
lucas is so overrated at the moment!
he has poor touch, backs out of tackles and can shoot..........I hope he grows into something but i dont look at him and think to my self  "wow that guys got potential" not in the same way i did with Massa, or the younger Steve G

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #1204 on: April 20, 2008, 07:47:43 pm »
he has poor touch, backs out of tackles and can shoot..........I hope he grows into something but i dont look at him and think to my self  "wow that guys got potential" not in the same way i did with Massa, or the younger Steve G

God, you are annoying.

Edit: Who is 'Massa'?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:49:24 pm by Crazyhorse7778 »
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline Kings Of Istanbul 5

• Main Stander
  • The Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #1205 on: April 20, 2008, 07:51:03 pm »
How is he overated it's his first season and has done pretty well 
Youll Never Walk Alone It Said , Torres Torres

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #1206 on: April 20, 2008, 07:52:32 pm »

::)  :P
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1207 on: April 20, 2008, 09:26:22 pm »
can you honestly say you watch him andbet go wow????
bet you one of the same plonkers that thought cheryou was the next zidane?

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1208 on: April 20, 2008, 09:28:19 pm »
God, you are annoying.

Massa = javier mascherano

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: April 20, 2008, 09:29:21 pm »
bet you one of the same plonkers that thought cheryou was the next zidane?

Bet you were the same plonker that thought Henry was going to be a flop after his first season.

If you can't see Lucas' potential, you seriously have absolutely no idea about the game. He has been our MOTM in the past two games.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #1210 on: April 20, 2008, 09:30:42 pm »
Massa = javier mascherano

Why are you making up shite nicknames for our players, first 'gezzer' and now 'massa', they are awful.

If you can't see Lucas' potential, you seriously have absolutely no idea about the game. He has been our MOTM in the past two games.

Exactly.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: April 20, 2008, 09:31:11 pm »

Yes, I can honestly say I do. Next?

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1212 on: April 20, 2008, 09:34:56 pm »
lucas is getting better, growing in the team. his confidence is getting higher. still needs more steel though. same with pennant. pennant enjoyed the game though.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1213 on: April 20, 2008, 09:38:15 pm »
can believe ho deluded you all are, i hope i get to speak to you all in 2years when he's playing for deportivo or the like!

I would honestly love to be proven wrong and for him to become the next kaka etc.. but i can't see it

no need to be offensive, im aloud a opinion after all or have i wandered in to a manc forum where all opinions mush be checked and edited first.

and as for the names! it was just quicker ok.....and as for making them up i have heard gezzer lots of times whilst sitting on the Kop! :p

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #1214 on: April 20, 2008, 09:40:22 pm »
can believe ho deluded you all are, i hope i get to speak to you all in 2years when he's playing for deportivo or the like!

I would honestly love to be proven wrong and for him to become the next kaka etc.. but i can't see it

no need to be offensive, im aloud a opinion after all or have i wandered in to a manc forum where all opinions mush be checked and edited first.

and as for the names! it was just quicker ok.....and as for making them up i have heard gezzer lots of times whilst sitting on the Kop! :p

Spell check.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: April 20, 2008, 09:41:14 pm »

Good ... Now crawl back under your pile of shit ...

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: April 20, 2008, 09:43:32 pm »

You see, there is your problem. So he has to meet your demand of becoming the new Kaka, otherwise he's a failure? The only person here who is deluded is you. He is no more than a kid in a new country; he requires time to adapt like every other player does and still he has shown that he is a player with magnificent composure, a fine first touch, a great eye for a pass and yet that isn't enough for you? It's this sort of unintelligent, uncultured, ill-knowledged way of thinking that really pisses me off about the 'modern football fan'. You quite clearly haven't got a clue.

I'd also advise you to look up the names of previous Bola de Ouro winners and then come back to me.

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1217 on: April 20, 2008, 09:44:30 pm »
starting to understand why 99% of the population think liverpol fans are tossers! because im being treated like shit by you idots for voicing an opinion.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #1218 on: April 20, 2008, 09:46:00 pm »
erm. new kaka? is kaka a box to box midfielder?

wait for pacheco, he's gonna be special.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: April 20, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »
starting to understand why 99% of the population think liverpol fans are tossers! because im being treated like shit by you idots for voicing an opinion.

If you think this is bad, check this out:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=27509

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1220 on: April 20, 2008, 09:50:41 pm »

Offline rosscolfc

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1221 on: April 20, 2008, 09:53:08 pm »
Look right i take it all back, Lucas is god.
we should give him the captains arm band.
next ypfa player of the years.

is that better, as im not aloud my own opinion i have just copied yours, as all this thread seams to be is a brown nose fest!
we all love lucas xxxxx! and so on!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: April 20, 2008, 09:54:19 pm »
Look right i take it all back, Lucas is god.
we should give him the captains arm band.
next ypfa player of the years.

is that better, as im not aloud my own opinion i have just copied yours, as all this thread seams to be is a brown nose fest!
we all love lucas xxxxx! and so on!

::)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: April 20, 2008, 10:02:18 pm »
build the "team" around lucas imo

Offline ouestlereferee

• Pourquoi! C'est monsieur Scrutin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Joga Benitez
« Reply #1224 on: April 20, 2008, 10:04:07 pm »

He has good pace and a lot of drive ;)

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: April 20, 2008, 10:07:28 pm »
Bet you were the same plonker that thought Henry was going to be a flop after his first season.

I thought he was v Fulham and just grew and grew in confidence and influence as the game grew.

I thought he did fine v Blackburn but Gerrard shone out as the constant threat and was my MOTM.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: April 20, 2008, 10:09:24 pm »

Still a way to go yet, but he is perfectly capable at the moment.

The key for me is that he appears to be learning and is improving in certain areas of his game.

As it stands, surely that is all that can be expected of him.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: April 20, 2008, 10:10:09 pm »

I think you are entitled to an opinion but are being a little premature on a 20 yr old brazillian who keeps it nice and simple and has done far more than you could have hoped this year.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: April 20, 2008, 10:14:42 pm »

Rosscolfc.

Can you tell me what you want from Lucas at this stage of his career, and what your expectations are over the next five years?

Not being sarcastic, or rude, just asking a simple, sensible question, and would appreciate a reasoned response.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: April 20, 2008, 10:15:35 pm »

I'd also advise you to look up the names of previous Bola de Ouro winners and then come back to me.
That list is worth looking at by the way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bola_de_Ouro

Not too many duck eggs.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1230 on: April 20, 2008, 10:38:37 pm »
That list is worth looking at by the way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bola_de_Ouro

Not too many duck eggs.

Some extremely good players on that list - I'd be extatic if Lucas develops to a similar level. He certainly will have a good chance at doing it here playing in our current setup, great experience for the lad.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1231 on: April 20, 2008, 10:44:13 pm »

I think he's exceeded Rafa's expectations already this season. I would have no problem if he lined up alongside Mascherano on Tuesday night.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1232 on: April 20, 2008, 10:45:01 pm »
Some extremely good players on that list - I'd be extatic if Lucas develops to a similar level. He certainly will have a good chance at doing it here playing in our current setup, great experience for the lad.
He takes the ball on the move beautifully and gets his head up early. Can play in tight areas and spot a pass too.

I think he will naturally develop alongside Mascherano as our first choice central pairing. He complements Mascherano better than Xabi does because he can move forward with the ball which Alonso doesn't really do. Next year it will be equally shared out but Lucas will develop as a top midfield player.

All he needs is a few more goals and a skinhead.

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: April 20, 2008, 10:45:41 pm »
seriously whos gezzer ???   ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 10:49:41 pm by mulane »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: April 20, 2008, 10:46:48 pm »
All he needs is a few more goals and a skinhead.

:o Get rid of those lovely locks..... Him and Torres should do shampoo adverts :)

Offline Crouser

• Main Stander
« Reply #1235 on: April 20, 2008, 10:49:06 pm »
IMO Rafa looks stunned how good Lucas settled. He already played most of the big matches in this season, even the competition is biggest in that place. He looks like he could be the new number 8 in Brazil national team. He forced Momo to pack. Lucas had great reputation in Brazil, and the price looks funny. If Real bought him for 30m, everybody would be saying he is new Zico or Socrates. He just needs 10 games in a row, and will become a Boss!!  8)
Proud to be Croat! Honoured to be Red!

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: April 20, 2008, 10:49:59 pm »

No, his locks are very necessary to hide his rather unsightly countenance.

It could be worse than Skrtel

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: April 20, 2008, 10:50:31 pm »
IMO Rafa looks stunned how good Lucas settled. He already played most of the big matches in this season, even the competition is biggest in that place. He looks like he could be the new number 8 in Brazil national team. He forced Momo to pack. Lucas had great reputation in Brazil, and the price looks funny. If Real bought him for 30m, everybody would be saying he is new Zico or Socrates. He just needs 10 games in a row, and will become a Boss!!  8)

One step at a time eh

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: April 20, 2008, 10:52:14 pm »
No, his locks are very necessary to hide his rather unsightly countenance.

Harsh! He has a beautiful smile, yes? Anyways, I think of our lot perhaps the most unexpected is that it's Sami who's done shampoo commercials as a spokesman for L' Oreal.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1239 on: April 20, 2008, 10:56:01 pm »
Harsh! He has a beautiful smile, yes? Anyways, I think of our lot perhaps the most unexpected is that it's Sami who's done shampoo commercials as a spokesman for L' Oreal.

;)