Author Topic: Kewell Back vs. Crewe this weekend  (Read 22975 times)

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kewell Back vs. Crewe this weekend
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 07:53:17 am »
All these replies are valid points mostly agreeing with the fact that almost 12 months out getting over surgery specifically targeted to prevent a recurrence of his groin injury (to quote just 1) clearly hasn't worked, simply because he is injured with.....wait for it.....a groin injury!

Was that not when they found out he had a seperate injury that had likely caused his groin problems (I seem to recall a sportsman's hernia)?

At least let the lad kick a ball for us again before we decide he's shite, for fuck's sake.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 09:02:11 am »
To be honest I don't ever remember him playing as well for Liverpool as he did for Leeds (when his abilities used to get right on my nerves). Even if he does get fully fit I just can't see him being all that much use to us. His time has passed.

Offline andrew1978

• Kopite
  • The Truth we all knew now known by all. RIP 96
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2007, 09:05:49 am »
are we playing a final this weekend!!!!!!!!!!
Where once we watched King Kenny Play.....And Could He Play

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 09:20:36 am »
Great news. Very good player, I hope he is able to keep a run of fitness - he's been through enough the past few years.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2007, 09:22:44 am »
Harry Kewell is a figment of someone's imagination.
M'eh

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2007, 09:54:54 am »
Not being flippant and would love to see a fit Kewell bringing something to the squad, but have we missed him so far this season?

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 09:56:26 am »
Not being flippant and would love to see a fit Kewell bringing something to the squad, but have we missed him so far this season?

A fit and firing Harry Kewell would give something to any side.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 09:59:06 am »
Good to see him getting back to playing. I dont expect him to get a PL game for a few weeks though, maybe the Carling Cup. He'll need to get into top shape to get a game ahead of Babel, Benayoun or Riise at LM.

Just hope that he get an injury free run this year.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 10:11:43 am »

My fear would be in our case, disruption. That's not a criticism of him, just that Rafa has so many options now. If it ain't broke, etc.

Barring a couple of injuries I think Kewell has a long way to go to make it back into contention for a first team place. But then, I'm no Rafa.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2007, 10:50:57 am »
I've heard he might be playing in a match at the academy today, wi possibly Carra playing also. Kickoff 12 noon.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline hawkwing

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 10:51:55 am »
when anyone does there achilles it can ruin their pace forever. kewell has never recovered since this injury in 2003 and even in 2005-6 when his run was largely interupted his lack of goals and assists was apparent.

His best ever year was when he played off viduka in 2002-3 season when the 2 of them kept leeds up.

if he is to do anything here i think it will be with him playing in a similar position making use of his great long range shot which we saw against charlton, spurs etc.

playin him on the wing is a complete waste of time.
"It's a great economic model. People are worried that I might take
money away from the Rangers to go to Liverpool. It's just the reverse.
Liverpool is going to pull off lots of extra money that if I choose I
can use for the Rangers or Stars."
Tom Hicks on Liverpool FC

Offline keniget

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 10:56:37 am »

What is a 'fit and firing' Harry Kewell these days though?

As said by someone else in this thread, he had a long run of games in 2005-6 and in all honesty, didn't look like anything other than a standard Premiership player. I've read since then that he was carrying something but I think that's always going to be the case with him now.

I hope we don't renew his contract and play someone who is at the beginning of his career instead of at the end.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2007, 11:25:36 am »
I'd love to see a fully fit Harry back in the squad, quality player, but seriously, how has he gotten away with THIS so far this thread...

"I've just got to roll with it. I've got to take my time
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 11:28:07 am »
I'd love to see a fully fit Harry back in the squad, quality player, but seriously, how has he gotten away with THIS so far this thread...

Probably because he does have to roll with it, and take his time. He's rushed back from injuries too soon on too many occasions, and look where that's got him...
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2007, 11:33:15 am »

Probably because he does have to roll with it, and take his time. He's rushed back from injuries too soon on too many occasions, and look where that's got him...
Suppose he should also then-

I gotta say what I say
Don't let anybody get in my way
'Cause it's all too much for me to take

Don't ever stand aside
Don't ever be denied
I wanna be who I'd be
If you're coming with me

I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside
I think I'm gonna take me away and hide
I'm thinking of things that I just can't abide

I know the roads down which your life will drive
I find the key that lets you slip inside
Kiss the girl, she's not behind the door
But you know I think I recognize your face
But I've never seen you before
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 11:35:05 am »

"I've been off for 12 months now and you almost claim that as a little retirement. It's rested my body, mentally and physically.

Erm, how the fuck do you rest your body mentally?

Never heard of that one before?
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 11:56:28 am »
He's got to be drinking at the last chance saloon.

Still our best option on the left though - would be great if we could get just one quality season out of him before he leaves.

Offline tazman74

• Main Stander
  • We won it six times whisky nose!
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 12:08:38 pm »
All them replies are boringggggggggggggg, change the record boys, if you didnt care about Kewell, you wouldmt have looked in the thread in the first place.

I don't care about Kewell.

I want the useless gimp to have a string of games so we can sell him to the likes of Manchester City or Wet Spam in the transfer window. Kewell is a busted flush and i wish more people would realise that. If we can wring 3 or 4 million out of some sucker club in January we'll be laughing.

I guarantee you he'll be injured again prior to the end of the season. We've only one chance to get soem money back.
My old man said be a Man U fan,
I said 'Fuck off bollocks, you're a c*nt!'

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 12:14:45 pm »

I want the useless gimp to have a string of games so we can sell him to the likes of Manchester City or Wet Spam in the transfer window. Kewell is a busted flush and i wish more people would realise that. If we can wring 3 or 4 million out of some sucker club in January we'll be laughing.

I guarantee you he'll be injured again prior to the end of the season. We've only one chance to get soem money back.

Where do you think this money is going to come from? Having Kewell as an option for half a season, even off the bench, is worth a lot more than the pint and bag of chips you'd get for him these days.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2007, 12:25:56 pm »
Harry Kewell - The Comeback King!! - He's had more comebacks than Michael Owen and if that doesn't put it quite into perspective then he's had more comebacks than Mike Tyson!.

I just wish the lad would actually get match fit before he gets injured again then we might actually see the form he had at Leeds.  We've certainly seen glimpses of it (ie against Everton (H), Leeds (A)....) but, he's never stayed fit for long enough for us to see the guy in full form.  From what I recall of him, especially at Leeds, is that the guy had/has the talent to become a Red legend.  In fact when we bought him I was optomistic we had another Jonny Barnes on our books.

C'mon Harry lad get back and show us all what you can do and make alot of us eat our words.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2007, 12:26:35 pm »

I want the useless gimp to have a string of games so we can sell him to the likes of Manchester City or Wet Spam in the transfer window.

You're a fucking cracking fan you mate. You'd think the poor fucker had been getting injured deliberately.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2007, 12:37:38 pm »
Don't believe a word he says. He won't be back until a major cup final.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2007, 12:37:39 pm »
Take the emotion out of it and ask yourself whether Harry Kewell, asset of LFC, is of anywhere near as much use as he should be toward achieving the aims of LFC.
M'eh

Offline kop88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2007, 01:10:26 pm »
Give the lad a fuckin break eh lads?!
Does anyone honestly think Harry enjoys sitting on a treatment table, or in an operating theatre while his team mates are out playing? FFS, the lad is a professional footballer, he has played football all his life. Remember watching him at Leeds when he was a teenager, the lad looked the dogs bollocks! All the best clubs in Europe were after him and he was rated at about 25mill in his day! Remember how excited everyone was when we signed him, when he turned down higher wages from the mancs, chelsea and barca to come to his boyhood club.

Im not one for defending players blindely when they are quite clearly taking the piss out the club, but with Harry its clearly not the case. He played through the pain barrier two seasons ago at about 60% to help the club out. He got booed off in Istanbul, does anyone seriously think a player would walk off injured in the biggest club game in any players career? Gerrard even said in his book that when he come of, there was a lump the size of a gold ball in his groine.

He has been so unlucky with injuries its unbelievable, quite like Redknapp or Solskjaer.
But i dont buy all this 'he will be sold in jaunuary' talk. If Rafa wanted shut of Harry, he would have done it 3years ago. Rafa obviously trusts the lad and believes he is worth waiting for. Even when he hasnt played all season, Rafa trusts him highly enough to start him in istanbul, in Cardiff, and i think he even made the bench in Athens. Doesnt that say something?

Im sick of all the shit he gets which he totally doesnt deserve, give the lad a fuckin break, and when he gets back to fitness, support him because i bet a full fit Harry will be a starter in Rafa's team. On his day he is probably the best creative, flare player at the club.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2007, 01:13:02 pm »
I guess the no emotion argument didn't work, then?
M'eh

Offline StevieG26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2007, 01:15:23 pm »
Does anyone honestly think Harry enjoys sitting on a treatment table, or in an operating theatre while his team mates are out playing?

Not really. Although I'm sure he enjoys the "occasional" visit to his homeland, provided to by the club.

Remember watching him at Leeds when he was a teenager, the lad looked the dogs bollocks! All the best clubs in Europe were after him and he was rated at about 25mill in his day!

He wouldn't even fetch 2 million now so what's your point?

Im sick of all the shit he gets which he totally doesnt deserve, give the lad a fuckin break, and when he gets back to fitness, support him because i bet a full fit Harry will be a starter in Rafa's team. On his day he is probably the best creative, flare player at the club.

The words "Harry Kewell" and "on his day" are synonymous with each other.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2007, 01:18:16 pm »

Not really. Although I'm sure he enjoys the "occasional" visit to his homeland, provided to by the club.[/quote]

As do the rest of the foreign lads, I'm sure. Was there actually a point to that?

I reckon you could get a lot more than £2m IF he proved himself fit and in decent form for us.Even if he's now half the player he was when we signed him, that's still not a bad player - especially if he could put his injuries behind him and get some games played.

???

Offline StevieG26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2007, 01:21:46 pm »
Not really. Although I'm sure he enjoys the "occasional" visit to his homeland, provided to by the club.

As do the rest of the foreign lads, I'm sure. Was there actually a point to that?

It's a double-meaning. The word "occasional" is in inverted commas because it's not really occasional at all.

Bill Shankly.

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2007, 01:25:07 pm »
It's a double-meaning. The word "occasional" is in inverted commas because it's not really occasional at all.

So? What, exactly, does it have to do with anyone how an injured player spends his recovery time? So long as he is following the instructions of the surgeon/doctors/physio, I couldn't give a fuck if he spends his time of running a Colombian cocaine cartel.

Offline kop88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2007, 01:42:04 pm »
Does anyone honestly think Harry enjoys sitting on a treatment table, or in an operating theatre while his team mates are out playing?

Did you say the same about garcia last season when he had his knee injury and was out from January? He was sent back to Spain by the club to recouperate with his family. It happens in every club, players get sent back home to recouperate. The club wouldnt send Harry to Australia if they didnt think it would be benefficial to Liverpool Football Club. And lets face it, does he really need Liverpool to provide him with a free trip to OZ. The lads on 60k a week ffs!

Remember watching him at Leeds when he was a teenager, the lad looked the dogs bollocks! All the best clubs in Europe were after him and he was rated at about 25mill in his day!

Yes, correct. A player sat on an operating table is of no use to anyone. But my point is that a fully fit Harry Kewell is an asset to any team. Rafa sees that, otherwise he would not have stuck with him for so long. If Rafa didnt give a shit about him and didnt have faith in him, do you seriously think he would trust him in Istanbul, Cardiff (x2), and Athens?

Yes they are. My point is that if Liverpool didnt think we would get a Harry Kewell 'on his day', the lad wouldnt still be here.

Im as frustrated as anyone that we have not seen the best of harry, but for people to somehow claim he doesnt give a shit and is happy to sit on his arse is a disgrace. seems fashionable to criticise the lad, pisses me off.

Offline marvellous10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2007, 01:42:48 pm »
Hope he comes through and puts his injuries behind him, doubt it but it won't be for the want of trying on Harry's part. He still has a part to play and offers us something IF he can stay fit

*touch wood*
SoS #364

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2007, 01:49:48 pm »
He's a busted flush, and as his contract is almost run out I guess he'll be kept till the summer then let go.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2007, 02:13:45 pm »
Take the emotion out of it and ask yourself whether Harry Kewell, asset of LFC, is of anywhere near as much use as he should be toward achieving the aims of LFC.

Exactly.

Offline daddykewell

• Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2007, 02:36:56 pm »
Finally! some news on his comeback, fingers crossed for his sake that he can work his way back in the 1st 11.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2007, 02:55:30 pm »
Does anyone know if he is actually playing....only mentions Auriello on official website

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2007, 04:02:40 pm »
YES! He's back. Great! Fantastic! Brilliant! What a joyous day. Hooray!

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2007, 04:05:53 pm »
After the game an 'Open Top Bus' tour of the car park was laid on especially for Harry !

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2007, 04:06:14 pm »
YES! He's back. Great! Fantastic! Brilliant! What a joyous day. Hooray!
You're good, you didn't even need the sarcy smiley.
M'eh

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2007, 04:17:43 pm »
You're good, you didn't even need the sarcy smiley.

only, of course, he isn't. He didn't feature at all v Crewe.
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2007, 04:21:45 pm »
only, of course, he isn't. He didn't feature at all v Crewe.
The green monopoly timetable whizzes past in a blur of shenanigans.
M'eh