Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 403134 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #4560 on: November 9, 2017, 09:06:38 pm »

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #4561 on: November 10, 2017, 03:34:30 am »
I think that Masch in January as a stopgap measure would be great for us as he could shore up our defending for the 2nd half of the season.

Unfortunately when he's talked about leaving Barca, he's implied going back to River Plate in Argentina where he started his career, not to us. 

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3264025/javier-mascherano-wants-river-plate-return-doesnt-want-to-make-any-promises
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4562 on: November 10, 2017, 07:19:33 am »
I think that Masch in January as a stopgap measure would be great for us as he could shore up our defending for the 2nd half of the season.

Unfortunately when he's talked about leaving Barca, he's implied going back to River Plate in Argentina where he started his career, not to us. 

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3264025/javier-mascherano-wants-river-plate-return-doesnt-want-to-make-any-promises

Would be a good move for him, ending his career there. If he does I hope he can finish the unfinished business mentionrd in the article.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:21:29 am by sms1986 »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4564 on: November 11, 2017, 11:18:05 am »
So you'd prefer we got rid of Coutinho?

Most players would have done the same thing as Mascherano under the circumstances, however most players dont have an owl faced, no mark, manager to highlight it to push his own agenda of deflecting how inept he was.

Unfortunately that's how it is now. Footballers are hired mercenaries. Mascherano would be a good short-term mercenary.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4565 on: November 14, 2017, 08:19:40 pm »
Has anyone watched him play recently? has he still got it or has his legs gone?. Does he play at centre half or in midfield. Sorry, only catch a few non LFC games nowadays.

Offline pink-radebe

• Anny Roader
  • Sharing milkshakes can spread germs.
« Reply #4566 on: November 15, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »
Mascherano mostly plays centre half. He's been pretty good so far, certainly better than last season (although he's not a starter anymore so gets a lot of rest time). He's still quick and very intelligent. Barca defend similar to us, meaning goalkeeper and defenders have lots to do (ter Stegen has been brilliant by the way). Barca have a great defensive record, they've conceded 5 goals in 16 games.

Overall I think he's been fairly solid, Barca have yet to lose since the league began and Mascherano has played his part in that.
Thank you for reading my signature.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4567 on: November 16, 2017, 12:54:27 pm »
Has anyone watched him play recently? has he still got it or has his legs gone?. Does he play at centre half or in midfield. Sorry, only catch a few non LFC games nowadays.

His reading of the game is excellent. I'd have him back here as a DM for another couple of years. Then he can go back to Argentina.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #4568 on: November 17, 2017, 04:15:21 am »
He'd be great to have back here... I wish it happens but don't want to get my hopes up as I think we'll probably miss out.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4569 on: November 17, 2017, 03:46:33 pm »
Given he's only about 5'8 it's amazing how competent he is in defence even when deployed centrally. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_7xgt75MA
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4570 on: December 19, 2017, 09:51:19 am »
Looks like he'll be going to China next month for one last payday. Shame, I'd have loved to have him back here as a midfielder or a defender, but I guess he feels he's achieved pretty much everything he wanted to in Europe.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4571 on: December 25, 2017, 04:32:40 am »
We’d have to get India back so they could reenact the stare across the towers
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4572 on: December 25, 2017, 09:02:02 am »
We’d have to get India back so they could reenact the stare across the towers

They got their independence in 1947. We're not getting them back.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4573 on: December 25, 2017, 06:11:58 pm »
Looks like he'll be going to China next month for one last payday. Shame, I'd have loved to have him back here as a midfielder or a defender, but I guess he feels he's achieved pretty much everything he wanted to in Europe.

Haven't watched him lately - how's he coping with being 33? Still as mobile enough to cut it in the PL?

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4574 on: January 23, 2018, 04:26:03 pm »
Left Barcelona after 7 and a half years and 18 trophies today. Not sure where he's going next?

Out of all the players we've lost he's been one of the most difficult to replace for me.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4575 on: January 24, 2018, 11:31:16 am »
Left Barcelona after 7 and a half years and 18 trophies today. Not sure where he's going next?

Out of all the players we've lost he's been one of the most difficult to replace for me.

Javier Mascherano leaves Barcelona to join Hebei China Fortune

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/javier-mascherano-leaves-barcelona-to-join-hebei-china-fortune-824488.html

Joining up with compatriot Lavezzi who's rumoured to be on Ł20m per year.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #4576 on: February 3, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
Barca gave Masch a nice farewell ceremony with players, the board, and the 18 trophies he helped them win

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/barcelona/83/blog/post/3358736/barcelona-bid-farewell-to-dressing-room-leader-javier-mascherano
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4577 on: February 4, 2018, 10:13:47 pm »
Good luck to him. Nice send off.

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4578 on: February 7, 2018, 10:44:38 am »
Good luck to him. Nice send off.

Really nice send off and you gotta wonder how much Leo had to do with it.  Can't recall this board doing anything quite like this before

Already in action with Hebei

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4579 on: February 7, 2018, 11:34:01 am »
Just been rewatching his dedication to us after the 2011 Champions League win. Goes a long way that.

Huge respect to him for that.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4580 on: July 1, 2018, 12:41:23 am »
Javier Mascherano has announced his retirement from international football.

"This story has ended. We gave it our everything until the end," said Mascherano.

"It was a crazy match, in which we didn't start well but we recovered and we turned it around. But their tying goal did so much damage to us.

"It cost us so much to lift ourselves up again. From this point on I will be just another fan of the Argentina national team. It is over. The illusion is shattered."

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4581 on: July 1, 2018, 04:54:55 pm »
Good Luck to him he was like a massive Jack Russell yesterday, shame he was on the losing side.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4582 on: July 2, 2018, 09:21:06 pm »
Good Luck to him he was like a massive Jack Russell yesterday, shame he was on the losing side.

Alas, he was a Jack Russell chasing a greyhound.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4583 on: July 2, 2018, 09:27:05 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4584 on: July 3, 2018, 12:38:52 pm »
Alas, he was a Jack Russell chasing a greyhound.

still managed to bite a few though.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4585 on: July 18, 2018, 09:28:29 am »
Been to 4 world cups but was with 4 different clubs in 4 different countries (Corinthians of Brazil, Liverpool of england, Barcelona of Spain and Hebei of China), must be a first?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4586 on: July 18, 2018, 10:12:43 am »
Bored so had a quick look at the top ones on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_who_have_appeared_in_multiple_FIFA_World_Cups

Damarcus Beasley has done it (Chicago Fire, Psv, Rangers, Puebla)

Not bored enough to check everyone though.  :D

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4587 on: July 18, 2018, 09:12:08 pm »
Bored so had a quick look at the top ones on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_who_have_appeared_in_multiple_FIFA_World_Cups

The DMB!!!  The original Ashley Young (winger converted to highly mediocre LB, not the parts about being a bit of a tit or a bird shitting in his mouth or getting caught by the Internet in full wank mode...those traits are distinctly the property of Ashley)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4588 on: July 18, 2018, 09:17:22 pm »

Rigobert Song was close. 94 with Metz, 98 with Metz but joined Salernitana after the World Cup, 2002 with Liverpool, 2010 Trabzonspor
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4589 on: December 6, 2019, 01:26:11 am »
Off to estudiantes, thought he may end up at river to be honest than somewhere else

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4590 on: September 17, 2020, 09:09:18 am »
Can anyone tell me if Masch played against Messi during a CL match for us. I have a recollection of him keeping leo quiet but someone said he never played for us against Barca. Im pretty sure I recollect something.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4591 on: September 17, 2020, 09:13:24 am »
Can anyone tell me if Masch played against Messi during a CL match for us. I have a recollection of him keeping leo quiet but someone said he never played for us against Barca. Im pretty sure I recollect something.
No he didn't play. Arbeloa played on the left and looked after Messi well if that's what you are thinking of
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4592 on: September 17, 2020, 09:15:25 am »
No he didn't play. Arbeloa played on the left and looked after Messi well if that's what you are thinking of

Thanks  :thumbup
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4593 on: September 17, 2020, 09:35:23 am »
Was his Liverpool debut too I recall.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #4594 on: September 17, 2020, 10:15:34 am »
Was his Liverpool debut too I recall.

Oh yes it was. I remember shouting at Rafa through the telly.

Made me look like an idiot in front of my friends.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4595 on: November 15, 2020, 10:35:03 pm »
Just announced his retirement. Currently with Estudiantes in Argentina

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4596 on: November 16, 2020, 12:29:31 am »
Just announced his retirement. Currently with Estudiantes in Argentina

I loved watching our 'little' enforcer play - such an understanding of the game, with no little skill or ability himself, and a sheer force of nature upon matches and opponents...

Plus, he was part of the best midfield in the world (along with Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Gerrard) ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54954128

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12133658/javier-mascherano-former-liverpool-and-barcelona-midfielder-retires

https://twitter.com/Mascherano : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Mascherano : https://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1176

It'll be interesting to see if or when he goes into coaching / management...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4597 on: November 16, 2020, 12:37:15 am »
Was great for us. Like a little terrier in midfield who could chase the ball down from the right flank to the left - was gutted when he left.

What a career he’s had though since the days of the dodgy loan deal to West Ham.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4598 on: November 16, 2020, 06:38:39 am »
Thanks for everything you did for us Mascherano, you will be a great manager if you choose that path.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4599 on: November 16, 2020, 08:14:55 am »
Almost scandalous that him and Torres didn’t win a thing for us
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.