Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 404027 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Javier Mascherano "I did not refuse to play against City"
« Reply #4360 on: February 17, 2014, 01:49:02 pm »
Yeah right.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4361 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:00 pm »
You best have a look at why Barca's offer was '£5m short' - could be that Purslow had said he wouldn't sell to Inter - so that ruled out a bidding war or securing a good price with only 1 club interested - they (Barca) knew they had room to manouevre on the price. Also, LFC were up against the transfer window, and us alienating a player LFC'd agreed to let leave in that very transfer window after persuading him to give us another season rather than lose him and Alonso in the same season previously.

Like others have said - I'd believe the facts (and incompetence of Purslow and Hodgson, G&H, Ayre and others) rather than slate players and staff who gave us great memories and helped us get so close.

BTW do you ask yourself why the club made it 'difficult' for the player when the buying club were the ones offering '£5m' short?

Barca’s offer was £5m short because they had well and truly tapped up the player and they had encouraged him to force the move in the exact same way they did with Fabregas when he moved from Arsenal.

The guy fucked over the club and does not deserve the respect he gets, particularly given the reception Torres gets now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4362 on: February 17, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
and he's coming out with this now because...
Because it no longer harms us as all this disgraceful chapter has blown over.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4363 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:04 pm »
Why is he saying this now. Eyeing up a move back?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4364 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:32 pm »
Took only three paragraphs before contradicting the statement made in the thread title. Pass.
I read that as a typo

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4365 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:36 pm »
Barca’s offer was £5m short because they had well and truly tapped up the player and they had encouraged him to force the move in the exact same way they did with Fabregas when he moved from Arsenal.

The guy fucked over the club and does not deserve the respect he gets, particularly given the reception Torres gets now.

Both he and Torres were told huge great whopping lies by purslow and the two Americans.

I would have wanted to leave in those circumstances too.
He would have probably still been here if it weren't for the shambles in charge.

Still, yesterday's chip paper.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4366 on: February 17, 2014, 02:10:29 pm »
My understanding was that he agreed to play on another season with Rafa the summer before and that we'd then let him leave. I think the Barca bargained a bit hard and we treated him badly forcing him to pay the difference and put in a transfer request. IMO it was a bit shit by us considering promises made. FSG have done better in difficult situations though. We let Meireles go without too much fuss after promises were made by prior owners that FSG weren't keen to honour.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4367 on: February 17, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »
Well we made Suarez's move difficult didn't we?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4368 on: February 17, 2014, 02:17:02 pm »
Well we made Suarez's move difficult didn't we?
We were on the verge of bankruptcy, we aren't now.
W

Offline lauy

• born just one letter earlier than lauz
  • Kopite
« Reply #4369 on: February 17, 2014, 02:17:11 pm »
That midfield of Alonso, Gerrard, Mascherano.

That is all.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4370 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:32 pm »

Barca may have tapped him up - though that doesn't explain why Purslow stated he wouldn't sell him to Inter does it? Did Inter tap him up too - only to be told that Masch wouldn't be sold to them?

Either way, ruling out the other club interested in a player will normally result in price dropping, no? I don't see how that is the player's fault - nor how that is fucking the club over (other than Purslow cutting off his nose to spite his face and costing the club money).
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4371 on: February 17, 2014, 02:25:37 pm »
That midfield of Alonso, Gerrard, Mascherano.

That is all.

That midfield thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 and the mancs 4-1 at Old Trafford in a space of 4 days.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4372 on: February 17, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »
Barca may have tapped him up - though that doesn't explain why Purslow stated he wouldn't sell him to Inter does it? Did Inter tap him up too - only to be told that Masch wouldn't be sold to them?
Isn't that obvious? Purslow despised the manager of Inter at the time, one Rafael Benitez, and was certainly petty enough to block the signing because of that.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4373 on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:46 pm »
If you choose to believe the likes of Purslow and Hodgson along with the two cancers over Javier. Then more fool you
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #4374 on: February 17, 2014, 02:49:08 pm »
I read that as a typo

Okay. Still, I'll pass on reading the rest.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4375 on: February 17, 2014, 02:50:22 pm »
My favourite player when he was here - was gutted when he left but understood why.

Always doubted that he had refused to play, and I'm inclined to believe his side of things.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #4376 on: February 17, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »
Definitely a favorite player of mine he gave blood, sweat and guts for us on the pitch. I remember feeling a little bitter and disappointed about how he left at the time but looking back I dont think any of us were feeling great about the whole direction the club was going. Hodgson and Purslow. Shudder

Anyway time is a good healer so no hard feelings from me. Would take him back in an instant, though tell him him Insua has moved from that gaf.
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4377 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
That midfield thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 and the mancs 4-1 at Old Trafford in a space of 4 days.

Two thirds of it did against United. Lucas played instead of Alonso that day.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4378 on: February 17, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »
I reckon Torres also left for the same reasons. He once mentioned empty promises. Ahh, those four (you know who) ruined our club so much, set us back five years. We could possibly have been reigning PL champions by now if things carried on from 2009. Just so many things went wrong for this great club.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4379 on: February 17, 2014, 03:43:14 pm »
His best game imo which many forget was Inter away. I'd never seen a DM so possessed. He was world class that day
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #4380 on: February 17, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »
It really doesnt matter whether or not he refused to play. Expecially after 3 and half years.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4381 on: February 17, 2014, 04:15:49 pm »
Two thirds of it did against United. Lucas played instead of Alonso that day.
golgolgol is Jamie Redknapp.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4382 on: February 17, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »
We could possibly have been reigning PL champions by now if things carried on from 2009.
I hate watching City play as they have two players in Silva and Jovetic that could and should have been ours that summer...fuck.

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4383 on: February 17, 2014, 04:30:04 pm »
and he's coming out with this now because...
Because he's playing at Man City tomorrow for the first time since it was claimed that he'd refuse to play there.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4384 on: February 17, 2014, 04:32:06 pm »
Loved Mascherano when he was here. Forgiven and forgotten long ago in my eyes.

Offline eurolines

• Main Stander
« Reply #4385 on: February 17, 2014, 04:36:41 pm »
Purslow's refusal to sell him to Inter was probably the reason he took to extreme measures.

Fuck off Purslow.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4386 on: February 17, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Either way, ruling out the other club interested in a player will normally result in price dropping, no? I don't see how that is the player's fault - nor how that is fucking the club over (other than Purslow cutting off his nose to spite his face and costing the club money).

You honestly think that if Inter had bid more than Barcelona we wouldn’t have taken the money ?

How often does a club say a player is not for sale only for him to be gone a couple of weeks later ?

To give another example at Utd did Ferguson not say “he would not sell that mob a virus” not too long before he sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid ?

You would prefer to blame Purslow than the player, thats fine and your opinion.  Look at the facts though, the player was tapped up made a big fuss internally and only cared about himself, he did not give a shit that the club who had supported him for the last few years was not making a penny on the transfer fee even though  he was leaving as a much better player.

The issue I have is the consistency, Torres received the abuse while Masch seems to be treated as a fallen hero by some,  I’d rather take market value from Chelsea then get fucked over by Barcelona….

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4387 on: February 17, 2014, 05:27:34 pm »
I hate watching City play as they have two players in Silva and Jovetic that could and should have been ours that summer...fuck.

A lot of people forget, willfully or otherwise, just how many top class players Benitez wanted but didn't get.  It's not worth torturing ourselves with now, but who knows what kind of side he would've put together with some decent owners backing him.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4388 on: February 17, 2014, 05:29:53 pm »
You honestly think that if Inter had bid more than Barcelona we wouldn’t have taken the money ?

Where did I say that? I said two clubs were interested in Mascherano - but Purlsow said he wouldn't sell to one of them (Inter) and so Barca lowered their offer - knowing they were the only club in for him. That's not the player's fault - that's Purslows.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4389 on: February 17, 2014, 05:31:36 pm »
Yes. Purslow would not sell to Benitez.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4390 on: February 17, 2014, 05:37:12 pm »
Yes. Purslow would not sell to Benitez.

If they had bid more than Barca he would have had to, you think the parasites running the club would have taken less money because of a personal problem ?

Would not have happened….

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4391 on: February 17, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »
Despite what happened when he left, I only remember the absolute beast of a midfielder he was. After he was gone I'd panic if a team started breaking against us, but with him in the side you knew he'd come flying out of nowhere and take the ball off them. Guess the feeling might be different if he screwed us over and went to another English club, suppose that's why Torres gets so much shit.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4392 on: February 17, 2014, 05:42:40 pm »
If they had bid more than Barca he would have had to, you think the parasites running the club would have taken less money because of a personal problem ?

Would not have happened….
Purslow was 'running the club'.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4393 on: February 17, 2014, 05:53:36 pm »
A lot of water has or should of passed under the bridge since that time. Must be a slow news day some where!

Great player without doubt but yes we have all moved on quite a bit since then.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #4394 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:00 pm »
You know what I know?  After winning the CL with his new team Barcelona, without any prompting from anyone and completely of his own volition he did the following;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPJ4MdUvn98

Anyone slagging him off over Purslow or Hodgson are bonkers.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4395 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:50 pm »
Purslow was 'running the club'.

True - i should have said parasites "owning the club"

There are some screwed up MD's in the world, but not to many would turn down millions for their business to make a point.  It's also not like he would have been able to do it without anyone finding out.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4396 on: February 17, 2014, 05:56:19 pm »
You know what I know?  After winning the CL with his new team Barcelona, without any prompting from anyone and completely of his own volition he did the following;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPJ4MdUvn98

Anyone slagging him off over Purslow or Hodgson are bonkers.

You’re quite right, never mind £5m-£7M a nice word in an interview is all it takes for our fans……………

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4397 on: February 17, 2014, 05:57:02 pm »
Purslow was 'ruining the club'.
Fixed that for you
W

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #4398 on: February 17, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »
You’re quite right, never mind £5m-£7M a nice word in an interview is all it takes for our fans……………

You imply we would have seen that money ...

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4399 on: February 17, 2014, 06:06:45 pm »
You imply we would have seen that money ...

On that we agree, would probably have gone straight onto those interest payments.

The principle remains though…….