Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 342749 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #7200 on: April 7, 2024, 12:05:05 am »
That maybe the case but can you post any proof and solid evidence ?

Most countries have been measuring cosmic rays for the past century. It's easy enough now. I'll build one myself if you really want me to. But I'd need an ionising radiation detector (or the constituent parts), helium balloon, parachute, gps, temperature sensor, and insulation etc. And I'm lazy, so you'd have to help me build it.

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask you about something. I've been thinking of going to my local Buddhist meditation group. But I'm an atheist. I used to meditate as a teenager as part of Ninjitsu training, which helped with my anxiety, but now I'm worried I'll be offending the group if I go along as I'm in now way knowledgeable about Buddhism and its practices. I do know there is secular Buddhism. But, anyway, would you recommend it? Is it ok to go along for the meditation only?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7201 on: April 7, 2024, 12:20:39 am »
The eclipse on Monday, although it's a total solar eclipse in North America, it's a partial solar eclipse in parts of the UK, however the eclipse is expected around 8pm & sunset is 8.02pm, but the weather forecast is not great for Monday evening, cloudy & light rain forecasted

Liverpool will only see a maximum of 3.1% coverage at 7.57pm when the sun is right on the horizon - the window is very small as the start and end times are 7.55pm and 8pm.

https://news.sky.com/story/total-solar-eclipse-what-can-i-see-in-the-uk-timings-and-locations-of-what-will-be-visible-for-britons-13101475

Not too arsed myself. I got some great shots during the partial eclipse in 2017, when a lot more of the sun was obscured. The cloud actually worked in my favour:

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7202 on: April 7, 2024, 09:25:28 am »
Yesterday, today, tomorrow and I think Tuesday too mate.  Bit of a weird direction though which has at least saved the garden from damage though I've had to bring the wheelbarrow inside so it doesn't smash the car up 😂

Adding to this they've now included Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to the strong winds forecasted.

Fuck sake 2024 weather be fucking gone.  The end of the world would be more palatable than this fucking relentless shite 😞

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7203 on: April 7, 2024, 09:54:34 am »
Gorgeous blue skies here and a gentle breeze this morning
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #7204 on: April 7, 2024, 11:30:07 am »
Most countries have been measuring cosmic rays for the past century. It's easy enough now. I'll build one myself if you really want me to. But I'd need an ionising radiation detector (or the constituent parts), helium balloon, parachute, gps, temperature sensor, and insulation etc. And I'm lazy, so you'd have to help me build it.

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask you about something. I've been thinking of going to my local Buddhist meditation group. But I'm an atheist. I used to meditate as a teenager as part of Ninjitsu training, which helped with my anxiety, but now I'm worried I'll be offending the group if I go along as I'm in now way knowledgeable about Buddhism and its practices. I do know there is secular Buddhism. But, anyway, would you recommend it? Is it ok to go along for the meditation only?

Its been ages since I've practiced anything mate . When I did meditate it was anapanasiti which I learned on my vippasana retreats from the Theraveda tradition of Buddhism. To answer your question I don't think it will really matter if you are religious or not. To my knowledge Buddhists don't believe in a creator.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7205 on: April 7, 2024, 11:31:19 am »
Don't mind heavy wind when it's dry. Despise it (from recent experience) when it's wet and the rain is being whipped into every nook and cranny in the brickwork and exterior.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7206 on: April 7, 2024, 12:39:37 pm »
Tesco Livingston is wide open so the wind was howling across the yard, couldn't close the cab door it was that windy, another driver near got pulled out of his cab. Driving back on the M8 was ok as the wind was straight on, once I hit the M74 I was getting battered from the right, especially on the open bits, reckon the winds were 50/60 mph, the noise in the cab was horrendous. Empty the truck/trailer weighs under 14ton so its very light. Once I got to Armathwaite and put 24 tonnes of bottled water on the back it got a lot better, then the rain started, was chucking it down, I was covering cars with floods of water ;D
Must have been a completely mad journey mate :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7207 on: April 7, 2024, 12:43:48 pm »
Must have been a completely mad journey mate :)

It was, funny in a scary way too. There's one bit on the M74 where the inside lane camber makes you lean left, then the wind was pushing and I thought "oh oh, might go over here". Its a hell of a drop from the drivers seat too, over 6ft when they are on their side. There was another one of our drivers coming back behind me and he was wasn't looking forwards to the run back. He was pulling a 14ft 6 trailer and was collecting empty drinks cans going back, they weigh nothing, at least I was picking a heavy load up and my trailer was 13ft 1 high.

« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 12:48:32 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7208 on: April 7, 2024, 01:01:10 pm »
Put it in the wrong thread but it’s very windy over in Northern Ireland still. Getting the ferry back to Cairnryan tomorrow morning. Even if the wind dies down by then I imagine the sea will be pretty churned up. Lovely.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7209 on: April 7, 2024, 01:08:20 pm »
Put it in the wrong thread but it’s very windy over in Northern Ireland still. Getting the ferry back to Cairnryan tomorrow morning. Even if the wind dies down by then I imagine the sea will be pretty churned up. Lovely.

:puke

First time I went the Isle of Man was when I was in primary school, seemed a little bit windy in the Mersey, once we hit the Irish Sea realised it was blowing a gale, force 8 type shite, waves crashing over the bow, me and another lad puked our guts up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7210 on: April 7, 2024, 01:26:00 pm »

First time I went the Isle of Man was when I was in primary school, seemed a little bit windy in the Mersey, once we hit the Irish Sea realised it was blowing a gale, force 8 type shite, waves crashing over the bow, me and another lad puked our guts up.
I had a similar experience going to the IoM. Once out into the bay and beyond a strong westerly saw the ship leaning over to starboard. Curtains over portholes in the lounge hanging off the wall at a crazy angle. Massive waves crashing into the port side. Loads of people were seasick. I wasn't fully sick, but I felt sick as a dog. I'd been there and to Llandudno on the IoM boats previously without any problem, but both that outward trip and the one home again were a bit scary. You always have the old salts onboard saying "ahh, this is nothing" as most of the passengers are in the toilets throwing up.  :-[
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7211 on: April 7, 2024, 02:31:08 pm »
I had a similar experience going to the IoM. Once out into the bay and beyond a strong westerly saw the ship leaning over to starboard. Curtains over portholes in the lounge hanging off the wall at a crazy angle. Massive waves crashing into the port side. Loads of people were seasick. I wasn't fully sick, but I felt sick as a dog. I'd been there and to Llandudno on the IoM boats previously without any problem, but both that outward trip and the one home again were a bit scary. You always have the old salts onboard saying "ahh, this is nothing" as most of the passengers are in the toilets throwing up.  :-[

Went to Belgium with an ex, her Dad was an engineer on ship when she was a kid so pre school, her and her Ma used to go to sea for months at a time with him, so she had her sea legs. Lovely crossing going out on a newish boat. Coming back, we gets to Zeebrugge and I can see the waves, she's going "its ok its not as bad as it looks" and the boat looked old and a bit knackered. Gets out to sea and its a bit rough, eating tea I'm looking out the window watching the boat next to us going up and down like a Trawler in Deadliest Catch and I'm thinking fuck this isn't good. I was doing OK ish, until we went the bar and as I took a step, the floor dropped away and that wrecked my balance and my head, ended up barfing in the bogs and then lying in the bunk all night to stay ok. All you could hear going back to the cabin was people vomiting in their cabins.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7212 on: April 7, 2024, 02:50:03 pm »

I remember getting the IOM ferry on a school trip and it seemed to take forever from Heysham and was bumpy. Never seems as bad from Belfast to Cairnryan as the first bit on each side is in a loch so a bit more sheltered.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7213 on: April 7, 2024, 02:54:49 pm »
I remember getting the IOM ferry on a school trip and it seemed to take forever from Heysham and was bumpy. Never seems as bad from Belfast to Cairnryan as the first bit on each side is in a loch so a bit more sheltered.

Went from Heysham for the 89 IOM TT and thankfully it was lovely and calm both ways. I'm convinced they run the boats at quarter power, its not that far, 77 miles.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #7214 on: April 8, 2024, 11:09:46 am »
The old Scouse comedian joke on the I.O.M .

We use to go there in the ferry for a day out and all we did was get pissed. We met a fella in the pub who was that drunk he couldn't walk or talk. We went through his pockets and found a letter with his address on so we decided to bring him home with us. When we gets off the boat we gets a taxi to his and knocks on the door . We kept on knocking and knocking but there was no answer. Eventually the window opens next door and an arl girl shouts out. You won't get no answer there lads they've gone the IOM for a week.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7215 on: April 8, 2024, 11:32:36 am »
The old Scouse comedian joke on the I.O.M .

We use to go there in the ferry for a day out and all we did was get pissed. We met a fella in the pub who was that drunk he couldn't walk or talk. We went through his pockets and found a letter with his address on so we decided to bring him home with us. When we gets off the boat we gets a taxi to his and knocks on the door . We kept on knocking and knocking but there was no answer. Eventually the window opens next door and an arl girl shouts out. You won't get no answer there lads they've gone the IOM for a week.

;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #7216 on: April 8, 2024, 11:49:28 am »
;D

I can't think of the fellas name though. He really is funny. Ricky Tomlinson was in the audience and he shouts out ' ey Ricky . What ya ' going to do for a face when King Kong wants his arse back ' .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #7217 on: April 8, 2024, 12:40:15 pm »
I can't think of the fellas name though. He really is funny. Ricky Tomlinson was in the audience and he shouts out ' ey Ricky . What ya ' going to do for a face when King Kong wants his arse back ' .
Mickey Finn. I worked with him loads of times and he was one of the nicest fella's I ever had the pleasure.
Sadly not with us anymore.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #7218 on: April 8, 2024, 01:06:35 pm »
Mickey Finn. I worked with him loads of times and he was one of the nicest fella's I ever had the pleasure.
Sadly not with us anymore.

Yep ! That's him. Sad news .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7219 on: April 8, 2024, 07:07:04 pm »
If your quick a theirs a partial eclipse that can be seen in Liverpool region around 7.55pm but bit too cloudy though.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7220 on: April 9, 2024, 12:07:14 am »
If your quick a theirs a partial eclipse that can be seen in Liverpool region around 7.55pm but bit too cloudy though.
We were coming back from Lark Lane around that time so we had a look but there was too much cloud cover here.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7221 on: April 9, 2024, 12:40:31 am »
Car parks along the Sefton coast will be closed today (Tuesday) as 50+mph wind gusts coincide with a 10.2 metre high tide.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7222 on: April 9, 2024, 08:26:48 am »
Dear lord is this crap ever going to end?

When will el fucking nino fuck off and bring us some normality back or is this it now?  In perpetuity?

It's like living in a science fiction film where being outside is a non starter 😡

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7223 on: April 9, 2024, 08:35:43 am »
Car parks along the Sefton coast will be closed today (Tuesday) as 50+mph wind gusts coincide with a 10.2 metre high tide.

Ah, was going to have a look at the 10m high tide during lunch, but not in this weather!

April showers and all that, but how about a nice day now and then!?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7224 on: April 9, 2024, 08:47:59 am »
Almost got blown off my feet walking into work, say nothing of getting drenched. Don't you just love spring time. 😄
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7225 on: April 9, 2024, 08:48:48 am »
Ah, was going to have a look at the 10m high tide during lunch, but not in this weather!

Improving  from Thursday.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7226 on: April 9, 2024, 09:39:39 am »

It's shocking today, isn't it.  :-\

It'll be great viewing at Hall Road today, I imagine. I'm often there, but not today, unfortunately. High tide at 12:12pm I believe.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7227 on: April 9, 2024, 10:00:40 am »
It's shocking today, isn't it.  :-\

It'll be great viewing at Hall Road today, I imagine. I'm often there, but not today, unfortunately. High tide at 12:12pm I believe.

There will still be idiots in Southport saying the town never needed a sea wall ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7228 on: April 9, 2024, 10:31:42 am »
There will still be idiots in Southport saying the town never needed a sea wall ;D
True. 😃

I wonder how the new sea defence at West Kirby will fare today? A 10 metre with these winds will certainly test it. Parkgate could be interesting too. I imagine the entire marsh will be covered at high tide. Maybe lots of prey birds turning up to pick off the voles etc looking to escape the water.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7229 on: April 9, 2024, 10:47:04 am »

Tomorrow might be best anyway :)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7230 on: April 9, 2024, 10:51:31 am »
Remember last October when it rained every single day, and we even spoke about how the once depleted reservoirs are probably overflowing - well today is worse than the entirety of October 2023 on its own.
It's fucking awful. Beyond torrential.

The poor binmen have been soaked to the skin.

And the neighbours running up and down the road to retrieve bins for each other  :lmao :lmao

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7231 on: April 9, 2024, 11:11:32 am »

The jet stream is further south than usual, so expect wetter weather for the forseeable future. We may get a few dry days. No sign that it's moving atm apparently.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #7232 on: April 9, 2024, 11:14:26 am »
What happened to the 18 degree ' heatwave ' and baking in the sun ? I smell a bit of bullshit once again.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7233 on: April 9, 2024, 01:21:10 pm »
What happened to the 18 degree ' heatwave ' and baking in the sun ? I smell a bit of bullshit once again.

Its been warm, I saw 18c on the truck on Saturday at hamilton Services, while the wind tried to turn me over ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #7234 on: April 9, 2024, 02:03:14 pm »
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #7235 on: April 9, 2024, 02:04:11 pm »
Its been warm, I saw 18c on the truck on Saturday at hamilton Services, while the wind tried to turn me over ;D

The media people said heatwave and hotter then Spain or something. It's like they've got a hidden agenda or something.  ;)

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7236 on: April 9, 2024, 02:52:17 pm »
Rail line is flooded between Hooton and Chester, rail replacement bus service is on.

I'm travelling to llandudno on Thursday. I hope this mess is all sorted out by then.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7237 on: April 9, 2024, 03:29:11 pm »
It's dry and sunny here today but it's still blowing a gale.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #7238 on: April 9, 2024, 04:22:51 pm »
Various people have been messaging me.....Wirral Council spent £20m on flood defences in West Kirby. Today is the first real test of them.......and there is flooding.

You can always trust the local council to cock something up
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7239 on: April 9, 2024, 04:25:35 pm »
Still snow in Eryri 😁