Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 343422 times)

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #4680 on: July 18, 2022, 07:28:33 pm »
The technology isn't in place to replace fossil fuels, if it was we wouldn't be using it but I know of many projects currently in the works to change this but it's a slow and expensive process. This is the process we're undergoing right now, the transition, the jobs boom, the economy boom...
There's a hell of a lot to do yet my friend.
And I'm not trolling (ok, maybe a little bit of fishing with Nobby when he got so flustered) it's an alternative viewpoint, people used to be allowed to have those once upon a time when people talked to each other, but hey, it is what it is.
I'll pop off now and let you talk about the boss weather. I accept that I'm in the minority and I'm fine with that.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4681 on: July 18, 2022, 07:33:19 pm »
Liverpool JL Airport currently reporting 35c

If confirmed, that would break the current Liverpool record of 34.5c set 02/08/1990.

And it's likely to rise further.

I was in Nero on Bold Street around noon and the Met Office website said it was 35c at the time. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it climb higher tomorrow. The crazy thing is by Wednesday the temp will effectively halve, which will feel absolutely weird!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4682 on: July 18, 2022, 07:37:58 pm »
I was in Nero on Bold Street around noon and the Met Office website said it was 35c at the time. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it climb higher tomorrow. The crazy thing is by Wednesday the temp will effectively halve, which will feel absolutely weird!

Sending the lad to school in PE kit tomorrow, kecks and coat on Wednesday
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4683 on: July 18, 2022, 07:38:08 pm »
We forgot to close all the blinds in the conservatory last night and it was too late to do it this morning.  We will be closing them tonight though.

I've gotta work tomorrow morning which I'm not looking forward to, I gave them the option of rescheduling but they declined 😔

We haven't opened the kitchen blinds for almost a week.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4684 on: July 18, 2022, 07:43:15 pm »
You have to admit though the media have, once again, gone way over the top with this. Like I said the other day, Lucy Verasamy was talking about temperatures we've never experienced before, as if millions haven't been abroad :butt  As I said, anyone who has been to Majorca in August will have had an entire week of these temps and we didn't have aircon in our room when we went, its was 32c at 11pm and I was walking up a steep hill with a lazy arse 3 yr old on my shoulders, sweating like a pig all the way, its was horrible, missus has never had aircon in all the times she's been to Tenerife/Spain etc and we didn't have it in Zante when it was mid 30's. We did have aircon in Florida, but not in the theme parks when it was over 40c. The Millers Ale house on CL final day in 19, we were boiling in the bar there it was so hot.

Climate change is a very real issue, but the way the media have acted this week will make sceptics push back.

Glad I'm not driving a truck today. When you get to the RCDs in summer, don't know it its reflection off the warehouses or what, but  I regularly see temps of 35c when the temp is around 26/27c, so I'd expect to see temps in the mid 40's today. I was unloading pallets on Saturday and it was showing 28c on the truck.

Edit:- One of our delivery vehicles (my full time job) has posted a pic 42.5c in Beckton.

tbf, I hate the heat and wouldn't travel to a country where I'm likely to experience temperatures like this. Some people like it, but I don't. So yeah, it's something of a unique experience for me. Anything over 23c and I'm pretty much out of commission.  I did Rome in October 2018 and that was still 27-30c, don't know how I survived. ;D

I certainly sympathise with anybody who has to drive a vehicle or work in a place without aircon though. I popped into Subway by Central and they mercifully had some, and the food hall at M&S was lovely and cool. The bus home was basically a greenhouse on wheels though. had to be 40c easy. It had cycling fans, but they were just moving hot air around. Really felt for the bus driver. He'd probably soaked through his undies.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4685 on: July 18, 2022, 07:43:46 pm »
We haven't opened the kitchen blinds for almost a week.

Has it been warm down there then? 

It's been high teens, low twenties here up to yesterday with northerly winds keeping the temps down and we'll return to that on Wednesday which is perfect for us cos I hate being stuck indoors.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4686 on: July 18, 2022, 07:46:55 pm »
Talking of aircon I used to work in a salon that had it and omg it was absolutely beautiful for me but nobody wanted to work with me cos I had it set permanently at 18° even in winter 😂

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4687 on: July 18, 2022, 07:47:41 pm »

I'm not saying its normal, I'm saying the media needs to stop running about like fucking twats trying to cause a panic and acting, for the next two days, as if we are all fucking stupid idiots who don't know how to look after ourselves. Do I really need an email from work reminding me to drink fucking water? I'm 55 for fucks sake, I'm not thick, I know how to look after myself :butt. Same as my 82yr old stepdad, I rang him just to check he's fine, which he is as he's lived long enough to know how to look after himself.

Aaaaanddd breathe  ;D

We have labels on bleach saying "do not drink" and I've seen instructions for bolts and stuff that say "do not insert in anus". Such statements aren't for those of us who have our heads screwed on - they're for those who do actually need to be told.  8)

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4688 on: July 18, 2022, 07:52:01 pm »
Maybe I need to post in the unpopular opinions thread, but I'm liking this weather. Feels like proper summer, could do with it for a few more days. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4689 on: July 18, 2022, 07:53:09 pm »
Sending the lad to school in PE kit tomorrow, kecks and coat on Wednesday

See, this is what makes the British weather so crazy - it's just so changeable.

I forget the exact year, might have been 2017 or 2018 - pre Covid anyway - where we had about six weeks from mid June to late July of uninterrupted sunshine. Not so much as a cloud, never mind a drop of rain. The grass was bleached white, but I don't think the temps ever exceeded 28c, certainly no more than 30c in Liverpool at least.

So not as hot as these 48-72 hours, but consistently hot for a crazy long period. But we'd had a shitty winter, so I just looked at the grass and thought to myself, "stay dead you fuckers!". ;D

In the long term though, extended heat spells like that will also mean hotter spikes like what we're experiencing now. It's not sustainable in a country that isn't equipped to deal with extreme weather. It's the same reason half of England shuts down after an inch of snow.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4690 on: July 18, 2022, 07:56:31 pm »
We have labels on bleach saying "do not drink" and I've seen instructions for bolts and stuff that say "do not insert in anus". Such statements aren't for those of us who have our heads screwed on - they're for those who do actually need to be told.  8)

Should we tell them though or just leave them to their own devices ;)

I was just out in the car, needed diesel and to get a birthday present for the wife, temp was 37c, aircon cooled the inside down straight away, bloody lovely. Now, if I could get that aircon in the house...

Reminded me of going to Busch Gardens in 2019, it was 41c, I had the car nice and cool and my lad opened the car window on the freeway and let superheated air in, dickhead. My brother and sister in law were with us in a Mustang, at the lights she opened the window and he almost throttled her it was that hot. Then, after the car had been parked in the sun for 6 hours, I had to leap in, start it, whack the aircon on full and jump out, leaving the car running for 10 minutes until it was safe to get in, must have been 50c or more inside the car.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4691 on: July 18, 2022, 08:00:23 pm »
Has it been warm down there then? 

It's been high teens, low twenties here up to yesterday with northerly winds keeping the temps down and we'll return to that on Wednesday which is perfect for us cos I hate being stuck indoors.

It's been awful,too hot to move;even the breeze is warm.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4692 on: July 18, 2022, 08:10:16 pm »
It's been awful,too hot to move;even the breeze is warm.

What we've had here has been fab for me, warm enough and dry to be outside every day without burning and unlike most gardens ours is still looking lush and green apart from the grass.

I couldn't care less about the grass though it's not like we'll be playing tennis, golf or cricket on it and need it to be pristine 😂

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4693 on: July 18, 2022, 08:50:00 pm »
Should we tell them though or just leave them to their own devices ;)

I was just out in the car, needed diesel and to get a birthday present for the wife, temp was 37c, aircon cooled the inside down straight away, bloody lovely. Now, if I could get that aircon in the house...

Reminded me of going to Busch Gardens in 2019, it was 41c, I had the car nice and cool and my lad opened the car window on the freeway and let superheated air in, dickhead. My brother and sister in law were with us in a Mustang, at the lights she opened the window and he almost throttled her it was that hot. Then, after the car had been parked in the sun for 6 hours, I had to leap in, start it, whack the aircon on full and jump out, leaving the car running for 10 minutes until it was safe to get in, must have been 50c or more inside the car.

We have to tell them mate, otherwise they'll cost the NHS money it can ill afford having to constantly remove bolts from anuses ;)

Can't imagine 50c, or maybe I just don't want to. Some of those reflective screens you can install in cars when not driving might be a good investment!  Reckon I'll be breaking the frozen hot water bottle out again tonight.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4694 on: July 18, 2022, 08:59:30 pm »

Really felt for the bus driver. He'd probably soaked through his undies.

I’m sure he’ll be welcoming some interesting fungal infections in the next couple of days.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4695 on: July 18, 2022, 09:02:04 pm »
I’m sure he’ll be welcoming some interesting fungal infections in the next couple of days.

He’s not got a bolt stuck up his anus has he?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4696 on: July 18, 2022, 09:12:03 pm »

Must be driving him nuts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4697 on: July 18, 2022, 09:16:13 pm »
We have to tell them mate, otherwise they'll cost the NHS money it can ill afford having to constantly remove bolts from anuses ;)

Can't imagine 50c, or maybe I just don't want to. Some of those reflective screens you can install in cars when not driving might be a good investment!  Reckon I'll be breaking the frozen hot water bottle out again tonight.

Stick the fan oven on hour half then open it and put your head in, that's what 50c feels like
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4698 on: July 18, 2022, 09:18:00 pm »

My Dad's ex wife worked A&E in the Royal, she's seen all kinds of weird stuff be removed from male anuses
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4699 on: July 18, 2022, 09:24:01 pm »
Is that why she’s now his ex wife?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4700 on: July 18, 2022, 09:26:51 pm »
Maybe I need to post in the unpopular opinions thread, but I'm liking this weather. Feels like proper summer, could do with it for a few more days. ;D
Apart from the risks to health & property I'm going to agree.

And lets face it, by the weekend someone is bound to bump the autumn thread :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4701 on: July 18, 2022, 09:28:12 pm »
Is that why she’s now his ex wife?

Nah, that's because my Dad is a tit ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4702 on: July 18, 2022, 09:29:51 pm »
And I'm not trolling (ok, maybe a little bit of fishing with Nobby when he got so flustered)

Yeah... flustered.

Try 'frustrated'.

In the same vein as trying to debate with a flat-earther or a Jehovah's Witness.

The climate denying is particularly frustrating because they've created doubt in the minds of susceptible people. Which, like I said, has allowed politicians to dodge doing what they should have begun to do 20/30 years ago.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4703 on: July 18, 2022, 09:40:39 pm »
At 20:50, Liverpool JLA still reporting 32c

That's bonkers.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4704 on: July 18, 2022, 09:55:57 pm »
I'm going to do a Robbo and stick my head in a bucket of ice.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4705 on: July 18, 2022, 10:00:12 pm »
Stood in the Aldi chilled section for 20 mins today.
Bliss.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4706 on: July 18, 2022, 10:04:31 pm »
At 20:50, Liverpool JLA still reporting 32c

That's bonkers.

Went to Tesco at 9, car showing 32c.

Had a hosepipe fight in the garden with my lad to cool down
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4707 on: July 18, 2022, 10:08:26 pm »
It's a blissful 23° here but it's been cloudy for a couple of hours.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4708 on: July 18, 2022, 10:21:18 pm »
Potentially 32°C here in Nyköping on Thursday, it's been four years so could be fun :wave

Depends a lot on wind direction though. If it comes directly from the south (the sea) there's no chance.

My former university town of Örebro could reach 35°C on Thursday which would be one degree short of the all-time record. We'll see what happens there. Knowing the difference between coastal and inland heat around here let's say I'm not jealous! From here, the moment you clear the small 50 m hills of Vrena (15 miles northwest) and dip into the Bettna mini valley it's like a different air current altogether.
Linudden.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4709 on: July 18, 2022, 11:03:17 pm »
Reached 37 by me today ouch

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4710 on: July 19, 2022, 07:41:17 am »
Missus not happy, she's had a crap sleep, I just rolled on my side and was asleep in seconds and slept through until 7 😊
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4711 on: July 19, 2022, 08:06:45 am »
Missus not happy, she's had a crap sleep, I just rolled on my side and was asleep in seconds and slept through until 7 😊

She wants to try experience holidaying in hot places like you Rob. Get more attuned to it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4712 on: July 19, 2022, 08:23:20 am »
She wants to try experience holidaying in hot places like you Rob. Get more attuned to it.

Sarky twat 🤨

Except Friday night when I had to be up at 4am, I just fall asleep dead quick these days

Anyway, she's got more passport stamps than Judith Chalmers, it's because of her I go away a lot,  my first time in a plane wasn't until I was 28 and that was a skydive

« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:28:03 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4713 on: July 19, 2022, 08:51:59 am »
Cool and cloudy here this morning.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4714 on: July 19, 2022, 09:19:44 am »
Got to say I didn't struggle as much as I thought last night - didn't feel too dissimilar to your average summer night trying to sleep. In Liverpool so maybe London was more unbearable.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4715 on: July 19, 2022, 09:55:04 am »
Highs of 28 here today, it's 24 already.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4716 on: July 19, 2022, 11:15:22 am »
It's raining!!!  :scarf

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #4717 on: July 19, 2022, 11:17:54 am »
34C here already at 11.15am crazy temps.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4718 on: July 19, 2022, 11:41:06 am »
Playing tennis outdoor at 5pm. It will cool down from 32 to 28 by then!

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4719 on: July 19, 2022, 11:56:04 am »
Thunder and lightning now.