Author Topic: England vs Brazil / Estonia...Two 'above average' performances!  (Read 39287 times)

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
Re: England vs Brazil / Estonia
« Reply #640 on: June 1, 2007, 10:17:58 pm »
Decent result in the end - would have taken that before the match kicked off.

Brazil were awful tonight - regardless of any defence that anybody gives them - "They're treating it like a training match" - who gives a fuck, they were fucking awful, and extremely lucky to come away with a draw.  I know it's a meaningless friendly, but nonetheless - I'd expect better from a team like Brazil.

The fact that there was more celebration in this thread for Brazil's goal than there was for England's speaks volumes about this country and everything that's wrong with it, to be honest.  Club teams aside, regardless of the sport, I would always support my national side, regardless of who was playing for it.  The amount of criticism that non Liverpool players get on here when they play for England is fucking shocking, it's nothing short of complete and utter hatred and quite fucking honestly it's completely unnecessary.  Don't get me wrong, I'd put Liverpool above England any day, but although I wouldn't actively support players that play for other teams, I'll praise them and criticise them as I see fit - not solely because they play for another team. 

Although I definitely agree that England still lacked something about their performance tonight, it's difficult to really criticise a team that were unlucky to only come away with a draw against arguably the best country in the world.  I thought Shorey had a good game tonight, he certainly didn't do anything wrong, and it was hardly surprising to see Lampard fuck up every chance he was given.  A very good performance from Gerrard also; and I think Beckham has certainly done enough to justify a starting position for the game against Estonia.

Agree with most of that, good post

Brazil looked strangely off colour in the striking area of the pitch in particular, though we did defend spiritedly till the concentration levels slipped towards the end once the substitutions were made

And yes, a few maybe need to grow up, the childishness is at times so obvious and quite sad
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 10:19:40 pm by Rizla »

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #641 on: June 1, 2007, 10:18:53 pm »
At the moment I think three keepers are above the rest. Cech, Reina and Buffon.

As I said in an older thread...

Note 1.
Anyone picking Casillas instead of Reina is mental, and clearly doesn't watch him much.

Note 2.
Anyone picking Van Der Sar is just mental. Full stop

Note 3.
Anyone picking Didi should be sharing a bouncy room with number 2.

I can't argue with Bouffon of Cech, but Reina is well ahead of Dida or VDS

If that first name means David James, it's not just the funny farm for you, its ECT, straps, straight jackets, the works.

That was when I was picking buffon, cech, reina

Although check out this idiots reply...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=174409.msg2925528#msg2925528

who didn't agree that buffon, cech and reina were the best 3...

:wave
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 10:20:49 pm by nidgemo 3.11 »
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Tactically Naive

• Actually Stupid
  • Main Stander
  • ?
« Reply #642 on: June 1, 2007, 10:18:55 pm »
Wished Gerrard tracked Kaka like that in Athens

(I'm certain someone else has made the point but I'm not reading through 17 pages)

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: June 1, 2007, 10:20:02 pm »

(I'm certain someone else has made the point but I'm not reading through 17 pages)

Mascherano played that role. Did you not watch the game, he was quiet for nearly all of it.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: June 1, 2007, 10:20:12 pm »
The fact that there was more celebration in this thread for Brazil's goal than there was for England's speaks volumes about this country and everything that's wrong with it, to be honest.  Club teams aside, regardless of the sport, I would always support my national side, regardless of who was playing for it.  The amount of criticism that non Liverpool players get on here when they play for England is fucking shocking, it's nothing short of complete and utter hatred and quite fucking honestly it's completely unnecessary.  Don't get me wrong, I'd put Liverpool above England any day, but although I wouldn't actively support players that play for other teams, I'll praise them and criticise them as I see fit - not solely because they play for another team. 
Get a grip. We dont have to bum the England squad if we dont want to

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #645 on: June 1, 2007, 10:20:33 pm »

it was masch's job and he did it to perfection.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Tactically Naive

• Actually Stupid
  • Main Stander
  • ?
« Reply #646 on: June 1, 2007, 10:21:23 pm »
Whose job was it when Maschereno came off?

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: June 1, 2007, 10:22:00 pm »
Probably Alonsos

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: June 1, 2007, 10:22:40 pm »

The defences, we were searching for the equaliser. Just give in will you. Alonso would be the one sitting deeper.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: June 1, 2007, 10:22:48 pm »

Nobody probably, we needed a goal.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #650 on: June 1, 2007, 10:27:46 pm »
Get a grip. We dont have to bum the England squad if we dont want to

Exactly. I'm sick of it being shoved down my throat whenever there is an England game. The media circus is more embarrasing than the comments on here, and most In-ger-lund fans lap it all up.

What god-given right do the English press have to build England up as potential World Cup winners or Euro Championship winners. None whatsoever, yet every two years we have to sit through "We're going to win" bollocks. No thanks.

JFT97

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #651 on: June 1, 2007, 10:36:09 pm »
Game was dull

Beckham good, Owen decent, our lads decent, Brown hilarious, Lampard shite again
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: June 1, 2007, 10:36:24 pm »
Exactly. I'm sick of it being shoved down my throat whenever there is an England game. The media circus is more embarrasing than the comments on here, and most In-ger-lund fans lap it all up.

What god-given right do the English press have to build England up as potential World Cup winners or Euro Championship winners. None whatsoever, yet every two years we have to sit through "We're going to win" bollocks. No thanks.

I cant remember the last time anybody in the media had us down as favourites to win anything

Certainly isnt the case now. Is just the usual case of people thinking what a few of the tubthumping pundits is what the media think as a whole. If you have read articles in the papers on England, in most papers 90% have been negative leaning for the last couple of years at least

Positivity isnt a bad thing when it does appear...it's not illegal for an english media man to want the national team to do well, after all that is what most of his readers would want...but actually it's becoming increasinly rare though in fairness there is little to be positive about

People hating the players is always a poor argument...if we signed any of them and they scored against man U we would love them. Is the nature of the beast....Craig Bellamy, how many liked him on here before he signed for us? No one, because he's a twat. But I dont care about that if he plays well for us, the team is more important. Ditto these players when they play for England. Yes a few are twats but I dont really care so long as they get the team the result, the rest of the stuff surrounding them isnt that important really. OK some play for man U....they arent in this game, they are playing for England, England wont play Liverpool...what's the problem? :P
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 10:38:11 pm by Rizla »

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: June 1, 2007, 10:38:37 pm »
Note 1.
Anyone picking Casillas instead of Reina is mental, and clearly doesn't watch him much.

I WILL fart in your general direction if you persist.

(Dida on the other hand. What a bunch of mentalists)

Just a month later...

At the moment I think three keepers are above the rest. Cech, Reina and Buffon.

:lmao ;D

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #654 on: June 1, 2007, 10:39:43 pm »
I cant remember the last time anybody in the media had us down as favourites to win anything

Certainly isnt the case now. Is just the usual case of people thinking what a few of the tubthumping pundits is what the media think as a whole. If you have read articles in the papers on England, in most papers 90% have been negative leaning for the last couple of years at least

Positivity isnt a bad thing when it does appear...it's not illegal for an english media man to want the national team to do well, after all that is what most of his readers would want...but actually it's becoming increasinly rare though in fairness there is little to be positive about

People hating the players is always a poor argument...if we signed any of them and they scored against man U we would love them. Is the nature of the beast....Craig Bellamy, how many liked him on here before he signed for us? No one, because he's a twat. But I dont care about that if he plays well for us, the team is more important. Ditto these players when they play for England. Yes a few are twats but I dont really care so long as they get the team the result, the rest of the stuff surrounding them isnt that important really. OK some play for man U....they arent in this game, they are playing for England, England wont play Liverpool...what's the problem? :P

I certainly remember there being more than a few "Golden Generation" comments before Germany.

Anyway, I've got nothing against other people supporting their country, I just don't like to have it forced upon me. It's not even that I hate the players (well, not all of them), it's the media circus that pisses me off. The same media circus that prevented England getting the best man for the job.
JFT97

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #655 on: June 1, 2007, 10:39:54 pm »

what I think is a shame is its always an issue on here.

England haters go on about how much they dont give a shit about england starts the ball rolling. Thats all

It could be avoided if its not mentioned. Its bound to cause conflict so why do it?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #656 on: June 1, 2007, 10:40:37 pm »
The best thing is, there are still a fair few members of this website who think robinson is a better goalkeeper than reina.
Who are they?  We should line them up.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #657 on: June 1, 2007, 10:41:46 pm »
Who are they?  We should line them up.

i would say and get Lampard to shoot at them but you'd need to stick them in the stands to achieve that ;D
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #658 on: June 1, 2007, 10:42:07 pm »
what I think is a shame is its always an issue on here.

England haters go on about how much they dont give a shit about england starts the ball rolling. Thats all

It could be avoided if its not mentioned. Its bound to cause conflict so why do it?

It was more the comments made by someone from the previous page. I'm well aware of the sensitive nature of the topic. Anyway, I will stop talking about it before this thread gets locked.
JFT97

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: June 1, 2007, 10:44:24 pm »
That was turgid.

So many bootleg players in that England team. Robinson, King, Smith - all shite.

Crouch the goal machine on the bench, Carra playing right back, Lampard playing full stop...

No wonder Beckham has got back in - without his set pieces McClaren is fucked.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: June 1, 2007, 10:46:03 pm »
I certainly remember there being more than a few "Golden Generation" comments before Germany.

Anyway, I've got nothing against other people supporting their country, I just don't like to have it forced upon me. It's not even that I hate the players (well, not all of them), it's the media circus that pisses me off. The same media circus that prevented England getting the best man for the job.

Last paragraph is a fair point...but in a way it shows the media actually prefer us to fuck up than play well, quite honestly, and do their best to achieve that objective and find a patsy and lie about how they 'speak for the nation'

And think in general the tone of the articles surrounding the 'golden generation' stuff was that 'these players could be in contention for a tournament if it wasnt for Sven being shit and more interested in shagging birds than managing football teams' stuff...i.e a negative expectation of failure and underachievement

The media circus is a cancer which is designed to hurt the England team I think rather than inflate them so much...I think England winning something would spite them to be quite honest with you, but is a very distant prospect right now

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #661 on: June 1, 2007, 10:49:02 pm »
I thought Gerrard did well in a disciplined role for England tonight while Frank Lampard did precisely fuck all again. Joe Cole had a decent game and David Beckham had a good game although he didn't spend much time on the right wing. Michael Owen & Alan Smith were anonymous but Stewart Downing & Keiron Dyer looked lively when they came on. I thought it was too good to be true that England would beat Brazil and they scored a well deserved equaliser in inury time.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: June 1, 2007, 10:50:17 pm »
I don't understand why people 'contribute' to threads when they have no interest in the subject matter. I mean why enter a thread titled England Vs Brazil only to say "who gives a shit about England!" or the like?

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #663 on: June 1, 2007, 11:31:58 pm »
The only thing good to come out of that was:

1. Brazils goal.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: June 1, 2007, 11:37:51 pm »
He was shit today:

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
« Reply #665 on: June 2, 2007, 12:05:18 am »
Fat Frank posing in his barca gear.
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: June 2, 2007, 12:38:52 am »
Garstonite, you've got some explaining to do. ;D

I would try to explain myself, but frankly, it's not worth the effort. It takes a man to hold up his hands and recognise he's talking out of his arse and I do just that. Reina has completely won me over.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #667 on: June 2, 2007, 01:00:00 am »
I would try to explain myself, but frankly, it's not worth the effort. It takes a man to hold up his hands and recognise he's talking out of his arse and I do just that. Reina has completely won me over.

Thing is though Robinson has always been shite. Did you know he holds the record for most goals conceded in one season?

He's a fucking gobshite aswell
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #668 on: June 2, 2007, 01:01:02 am »
Did Beckham score?
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #669 on: June 2, 2007, 01:07:14 am »

YNWA Rafa.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #670 on: June 2, 2007, 01:25:24 am »
What did everyone think of Alves
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #671 on: June 2, 2007, 02:16:27 am »
Game was dull

Beckham good, Owen decent, our lads decent, Brown hilarious, Lampard shite again

Finally watched the match.

Agree with you but Gerrard was better than decent..:P

Anyone count the Cole step overs? Be nice if he had some end product.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #672 on: June 2, 2007, 02:24:02 am »
What did everyone think of Alves

Gave the ball away a few too many times for a Brazilian, kept Cole quiet and didn't really get forward. Not particularly bad or good, just average.

Though it'd be harsh to judge him on one game, and having seen him for Sevilla a few times he's much better than he shown tonight.
AHA!

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #673 on: June 2, 2007, 02:43:19 am »
Typical friendly, it looked like Brazil didn't want to spoil the apparent party at Wembley.

England looked incapable of scoring from open play as usual. Gerrard was easily the best player despite yet again being shunted around the team for the ever ineffective Fat Frank.

I assume Frank must have something over McClaren to constantly be picked effectively ahead of Gerrard every time?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: June 2, 2007, 07:07:54 am »
Although check out this idiots reply...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=174409.msg2925528#msg2925528

who didn't agree that buffon, cech and reina were the best 3...

No no no no. That was farting, whole different thing to disagreeing. I think Casillias is a top keeper, who I watch a LOT. The only reason I don't put him in the same bracket at the moment is Reinas amazing form.

If it's top 4 keepers, he is the next in line for me. I've not all of a sudden changed my mind on him or anything and perhaps should have included him in the same list.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: June 2, 2007, 07:10:31 am »
Just a month later...

:lmao ;D

I don't see what is so funny? I've not changed my opinion at all, it's just Reina's form has been amazing. Nice job trying to make me look like a fool though.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: June 2, 2007, 07:13:12 am »

Nah, that's fair enough isn't it. When Reina was faffing around with the ball at Everton he seemed to be making far to many mistakes. Proven himself by winning the golden gloves for the second year running with a string of world class displays, if anything Cech's form has slipped since returning from injury and he is (on form, maybe not over all) the best keeper in the league, maybe Europe.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #677 on: June 2, 2007, 08:27:08 am »
Why was Lampard still in midfield?
Why was Gerrard still forced to the play the 'water carrier' and could still put on MOTM displays amidst the ineptitude of the one taking his place? Refer to above.
Why was Hargeaves on the bench?
Why was Downing on the pitch?
Why was Carra playing right back?
Why was Silky Pete on the bench?
Why is Mclaren such a clueless git?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: June 2, 2007, 08:29:14 am »
Why was Lampard still in midfield?
Why was Gerrard still forced to the play the 'water carrier' and could still put on MOTM displays amidst the ineptitude of the one taking his place? Refer to above.
Why was Hargeaves on the bench?
Why was Downing on the pitch?
Why was Carra playing right back?
Why was Silky Pete on the bench?

Questions.

Mclaren such a clueless git

Answer.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #679 on: June 2, 2007, 09:01:18 am »
Do you think those c*nts on the halfway line stay out of their seats until after kick off just to wind us up now?

Putting those corporate seats right down to pitch level is a fucking joke. Who in their right mind thought of that one? They were empty for most of the game.

I really am beginning to hate New Wembley. There's something about it I just cannot stand. The roof is a fucking joke - designed to be seen from the outside not from the inside where the fans are. It looks like a badly designed factory roof, and those fucking clunking great sliding bits! I don't think Sir Norman has a clue about what a football stadium should be. Compare it to the great stadiums and it comes up short from what I've seen so far. It's all about facilities, toilets and other ancillary shite. I'll reserve final judgement until I've actually been there but so far... "Best Stadium in the World..." Not by a mile.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.