Author Topic: Will the Season Ticket waiting list be wiped out?  (Read 16910 times)

Offline CAIRNSY

• Boys Pen
  • sportsat.co.uk
Will the Season Ticket waiting list be wiped out?
« on: April 6, 2007, 11:30:11 pm »
not according to admin as i have been on the waiting list for 7 years now and apparently when i asked about the list ,their is 38,000 season ticket holders at the ground already and the list consists of 53,000 ,so seems their will still be a waiting list and beleive it or not is a hand written ledger.

Thanks

Cairnsy
« Last Edit: April 6, 2007, 11:31:49 pm by CAIRNSY »

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Will the Season Ticket waiting list be wiped out?
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2007, 07:11:06 am »
It will depend on the size of the new stadium and how many of that 5x,000 on the waiting list actually take the offer up.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2007, 10:17:22 am »
not according to admin as i have been on the waiting list for 7 years now and apparently when i asked about the list ,their is 38,000 season ticket holders at the ground already and the list consists of 53,000 ,so seems their will still be a waiting list and beleive it or not is a hand written ledger.

Thanks

Cairnsy

Well then you've been told a pack of lies. (either that or you missed april 1st by a week)  There are at most 27,000 season ticket holders at anfield.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2007, 10:47:50 am »
Well then you've been told a pack of lies. (either that or you missed april 1st by a week)  There are at most 27,000 season ticket holders at anfield.

That's 27k + about 10 - 25% of the 56k on the list + The non ST holders that owned shares and will take up the ST offer

Should wipe it clean, surely.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2007, 02:30:31 pm »
when fancards came out you just had to tick a box to get on the ST waiting list, so theres prob atleast 20,000 who wouldn't take up the offer, or if they did, would give it up within a few years as the idea of a ST is great, but much more expensive than people think.
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2007, 02:38:57 pm »
Been on the list for nearly 3 years now.

Hoping for some good news when the new ground comes to fruitation. :)
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
  • He's big and he's f*cking hard
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »
Anyone here fill out the survey that they sent out a few weeks ago? I'm very much in favour of the idea that people pay an up-front fee to be put on the waiting list, that way they only get people on the list that are genuinely going to buy one. Personally, I'd pay a season's worth up-front if I thought it would cut down the time I'd have to wait.

I said on the survey a big fat 'YES' to that one, anyone agree/disagree?

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2007, 08:18:34 pm »
Anyone here fill out the survey that they sent out a few weeks ago? I'm very much in favour of the idea that people pay an up-front fee to be put on the waiting list, that way they only get people on the list that are genuinely going to buy one. Personally, I'd pay a season's worth up-front if I thought it would cut down the time I'd have to wait.

They'd have to be able to guarantee when you'd get your season ticket if they did that though surely? And I'm guessing between each season they don't know how many would be available?

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #8 on: April 8, 2007, 10:07:47 pm »

In theory it's a good idea, and would ensure the waiting list gives a fairer reflection of how many people actually want a season ticket.  Asking for a season's worth upfront seems a bit steep though, if it was something much smaller, say £50, I think that would still have pretty much the same impact
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: April 8, 2007, 10:16:55 pm »
if it was something much smaller, say £50, I think that would still have pretty much the same impact

Agreed, I don't think you need a massive fee, although it would be an interesting experiment. I reckon you still easily fill up a fair old waiting list if you asked for more than £50. I'm guessing for the first couple of seasons they wouldn't be able to estimate a time, like it is now - and certainly wouldn't be able to guarantee you a season ticket within a certain time frame.

Offline buckshee

• Sponsored by Apache Pizzas, Drumcondra
  • Kopite
  • I don't have a drink problem....honestly
« Reply #10 on: April 9, 2007, 05:24:59 pm »
Agreed, I don't think you need a massive fee, although it would be an interesting experiment. I reckon you still easily fill up a fair old waiting list if you asked for more than £50. I'm guessing for the first couple of seasons they wouldn't be able to estimate a time, like it is now - and certainly wouldn't be able to guarantee you a season ticket within a certain time frame.

Don't think it would matter what the "fee was" as its only a deposit towards the cost of yer first season ticket anyway.  Whatever was paid up front would be deducted from the price of the ST when you actualy got it.  Think its a great idea myself and would give a true reflection of the amount of reds actually willin to get a season ticket
"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Offline rossi_lfc

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - JFT96
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2007, 06:28:33 pm »
one of me mates is a arsenal fan and he pays bout 75 quid a year to be on the waiting list for a S.T and it aint cut the time which he has to wait and he has no idea when he will get one, so this doesnt seem like the right path to go along to me. however as said before many would not take up the season ticket now (hopefully anyway). iv only been on the list since the begin of this season, due to only just being able to afford coming to matches, so aint holding my breath. but you never no.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2007, 07:41:21 pm »
one of me mates is a arsenal fan and he pays bout 75 quid a year to be on the waiting list for a S.T and it aint cut the time which he has to wait and he has no idea when he will get one, so this doesnt seem like the right path to go along to me. however as said before many would not take up the season ticket now (hopefully anyway). iv only been on the list since the begin of this season, due to only just being able to afford coming to matches, so aint holding my breath. but you never no.

Well, they are ripping him off. It costs a refundable £20 deposit to be on the list. That's what my match going gooner friend has just told me anyway.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #13 on: April 9, 2007, 07:44:44 pm »
There are 58,000 names on the ST waiting list.

This was confirmed by Rick Parry to RTK a few weeks ago.

Just to cleear up any confusion around the number of people waiting on that list. 58,000 is the actual figure.
A Son of Shankly

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2007, 07:59:19 pm »

Just to cleear up any confusion around the number of people waiting on that list. 58,000 is the actual figure.

Did he mention any estimate on how many the club thinks would take it up.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 02:51:20 pm »
This means that there is 14,000 spare season tickets going in new stadium. Think there is 24,000 at anfield now compared to the new figure of 38,000 mentioned above. Don't think the fee will work completely. I put I would pay a fee on the survey to be on waiting list, but think it was parry who mentioned that at the moment only 12 people give up their season ticket a year.

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 03:21:10 pm »
This means that there is 14,000 spare season tickets going in new stadium. Think there is 24,000 at anfield now compared to the new figure of 38,000 mentioned above. Don't think the fee will work completely. I put I would pay a fee on the survey to be on waiting list, but think it was parry who mentioned that at the moment only 12 people give up their season ticket a year.

Woohooooo!! Only 4833 years to go then!!

Do you reckon the kids would mind a place on the Season Ticket waiting list as their legacy?
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 03:22:28 pm »
If it's also true that they won't allow any more than around 55% of the stadium to be season ticket holders, then we've still got a long wait for a ST.
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 03:51:16 pm »
I think 55% is a really stupid idea. The idea that the Kop is going to be the stage that performs to the rest of the stadium when its full of Japanese tourists is just crazy. We definately need to increase this ratio.

Offline fckjoe

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »
I think 55% is a really stupid idea. The idea that the Kop is going to be the stage that performs to the rest of the stadium when its full of Japanese tourists is just crazy. We definately need to increase this ratio.

so you want an empty stadium rather than a full stadium ...... and you would rather have the stadium full of season ticket so that no one else has a chance of getting tickets?

from a business marketing point of view - we stand to lose potential money on merchandise and popularity

and from a fans view, Liverpool is a people's team .... not what you say a tourist attraction. Wake up, Liverpool isn't just for you, its for the people. The people's football club.

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 06:14:10 pm »
Woohooooo!! Only 4833 years to go then!!

Do you reckon the kids would mind a place on the Season Ticket waiting list as their legacy?

All these years I've been joking I'll get a ticket when I'm around 80 - looks like I underestimated it. :o
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 06:45:17 pm »
Did he mention any estimate on how many the club thinks would take it up.

No, sorry
A Son of Shankly

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 07:02:13 pm »

What total bollocks it doesnt cost anything to go onto the waiting list mate so money is no excuse. And as for the season ticket thing even if there was to be some type of fee to see who really wanted them loads of touts would have the money to pay that and end up with them because of that rule which is shit, hoever I would be more than willing to pay upfront to shorten the length of time I will be waiting.
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 07:19:11 pm »
so you want an empty stadium rather than a full stadium ...... and you would rather have the stadium full of season ticket so that no one else has a chance of getting tickets?

from a business marketing point of view - we stand to lose potential money on merchandise and popularity

and from a fans view, Liverpool is a people's team .... not what you say a tourist attraction. Wake up, Liverpool isn't just for you, its for the people. The people's football club.

I didn't say I wanted a 100% season ticket stadium, nobody's stupid enough to think thats a possibilty. Aside from the revenue side of it, it's good to welcome new faces to the stands. I just think that the ratio should be a little higher than 55%

30 years ago the vast majority of the liverpool crowd was from the north-west and it's not anymore. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - especially seeing as I wasn't brought up in Liverpool, but a certain amount of atmosphere will be lost if you don't get the balance right. I'm not a season ticket holder, but I know that I can't rely on a lot of my match ticket buying counterparts to make as much noise as me and a lot of ST holders.

I don't want to deny ANYONE from watching liverpool really, but when I have to listen to 'you're supposed to be at home' all the time.. it fucking gets to me!

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 07:20:32 pm »
loads of touts would have the money to pay that and end up with them because of that rule which is shit, hoever I would be more than willing to pay upfront to shorten the length of time I will be waiting.

I think they would somehow track the waiting list in line with fancards, which should help the tout situation, no?

Offline rossi_lfc

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - JFT96
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:46 pm »
What total bollocks it doesnt cost anything to go onto the waiting list mate so money is no excuse.

well sorry mate if i wasnt wise enough to put me name on the waiting list when i was say 10. u got the wrong end of the stick i didnt mean iv only just put me name on the list coz of money, i meant iv only just started coming back to watch matches now i can afford it.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »
been on it 7 years, how long did others have to wait?
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 12:02:40 pm »
I think I'm on it twice. Which explains the large number of people on it. Joined it in 98 or 99 then again in 2004 when you could tick a box on the fan card application to go on the list.

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »
I think I'm on it twice. Which explains the large number of people on it. Joined it in 98 or 99 then again in 2004 when you could tick a box on the fan card application to go on the list.

same here. I've moved house a couple of times since then and they could only find my 2004 one. Gutted.

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 03:12:38 pm »
same here. I've moved house a couple of times since then and they could only find my 2004 one. Gutted.

When I asked them in 2004 with fan card application where I was in list they said they were not able to tell me. I haven't got letter anymore for first time i applied. Hope I'm still on it from then.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 06:11:38 pm »
There are numerous factors to take into consideration about the waiting list.
  I've no idea when the list was started but if we say 12-15 years ago then its fair to say a large number of people are still on it who wouldn't take up the option.They may have moved away, lost interest, their financial situation may deter them,work patterns etc -any number of reasons.
  Its also possible that about 5-6000 people on the list go to games regularly now by getting tickets over the net/ credit card lines and other means.
   I think theres also a realistic chance many ST holders now will give them up if we end up with a 65-70000 seat stadium and will just take a chance on getting tickets on a match to match basis.
  What I would like the club to do is reserve an area of the ground (maybe 10%) for fans to walk up on the day. It worked ok for 100 years so why not now? It would at least enable local fans who can't get to many games for one reason or another the chance to get to a game.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 07:09:46 pm »
  Its also possible that about 5-6000 people on the list go to games regularly now by getting tickets over the net/ credit card lines and other means.
   I think theres also a realistic chance many ST holders now will give them up if we end up with a 65-70000 seat stadium and will just take a chance on getting tickets on a match to match basis.

Dont think the above is true to be honest mate.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »
It will depend on the size of the new stadium and how many of that 5x,000 on the waiting list actually take the offer up.

yes I think they will open up the season ticket ledger lets face it ST are guaranteed income before each season, the new all games plan might get extended and if you are a fan card holder you might get the chance pf purchasing all home league games as well. This will allow for the reward of loyalty and more flexibility on who the club sell tickets to, also it will lean towards increasing the local fan base. One thing that has to be done no matter what system they use is a clamp down on the abuse of a few ST holders and staff ripping off the fans.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 12:49:51 pm by DannyD »
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 12:54:30 pm »

Ged Poynton(?) told a fans meeting last year that the figure was 58K+, he apparently is the holder of the "book" keeps it in his arss pocket on a floppy.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline CAIRNSY

• Boys Pen
  • sportsat.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 08:47:34 pm »
as the girl said to me was  sorry their is 28,000 season t holders now (GOT IT WRONG ON THE FIRST POST )and 52,000 on the waiting list now so theirs no hope of the waiting list being emty,as it would be healther for their to still be a list ,you have to laugh at the blue shit as it advertises if you take a season ticket half way through the season they will give you a derby ticket free and the new one was ladys day at goodison against blackburn i nearly choked on radio city every 5 minutes and advertising months before women got tickets half price .lol lol

any way hope me seven year wait is up soon ,my mate is head of security or one of them and is trying to sort me out wink wink

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 07:50:12 am »
as the girl said to me was  sorry their is 28,000 season t holders now (GOT IT WRONG ON THE FIRST POST )and 52,000 on the waiting list now so theirs no hope of the waiting list being emty

As already stated, it depends on how many seats there are and how many people take up the offer of a season ticket. I bet there won't be many more than 45k (28k + the takers up). Doubt it will even be that much.

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 02:18:25 pm »

Holy shit.....i've just moved house & not told the club!  My bloody Charlton tickets will be on their way to my old address by now!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline philyfuse

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 05:45:12 pm »
Think the idea of getting "bonus points" games attended on your fan card is a good one..
List could be done on a points system, points for years on the list plus points for games attended.... Would see those actually going to games rising up the list.
My missus thinks I'm having an affair with a woman called Ann Field!!

Offline EASPORTS

• Main Stander
  • It's in the game!!!
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 02:35:13 pm »
i'd love to hear from any ST holders and how long they have had to wait on the waiting list for a ST.
It's in the game!

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2007, 07:01:28 pm »
i'd love to hear from any ST holders and how long they have had to wait on the waiting list for a ST.

Bought mine in 88' had to wait about 30 seconds for the girl to pass it over the counter.
 Just turn up and buy one in them days , oh and we had the most exciting team in our history as well!!
Happy days.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?