Author Topic: War on Drugs  (Read 107937 times)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: War on Drugs
« Reply #680 on: August 29, 2016, 04:01:20 pm »
I prefer the Portuguese approach myself.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #681 on: August 29, 2016, 04:54:20 pm »
Good, anyone that makes a living via the  misery and death in drugs deserves all they get..

Death to vodka makers!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: August 30, 2016, 08:07:55 am »
Good, anyone that makes a living via the misery and death in drugs deserves all they get..

Does that mean she'll deserve being killed for killing people involved in drugs? No one should ever condone extrajudicial executions of any kind.

Maybe this woman and her peers can explain away how a 5 year old girl was the innocent victim of the latest of these executions when she was sitting with her family having dinner.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #683 on: August 30, 2016, 08:33:31 am »
Does that mean she'll deserve being killed for killing people involved in drugs? No one should ever condone extrajudicial executions of any kind.

Maybe this woman and her peers can explain away how a 5 year old girl was the innocent victim of the latest of these executions when she was sitting with her family having dinner.

re read what i said. anyone that deals in drugs deserves what they get.  a 5 yr old bystander is tragic news , any bystander is tragic.

I and my wife have  been personally affected by drug usage and all the shit that goes with it, including threats from Bikies to pay a debt that is not was not ours, we have had items stolen from us and hocked to fund a habit, we have had money stolen, been lied to constantly.. so i stand by my comment,
JFT 96

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: August 30, 2016, 10:19:33 am »
re read what i said. anyone that deals in drugs deserves what they get.  a 5 yr old bystander is tragic news , any bystander is tragic.

I and my wife have  been personally affected by drug usage and all the shit that goes with it, including threats from Bikies to pay a debt that is not was not ours, we have had items stolen from us and hocked to fund a habit, we have had money stolen, been lied to constantly.. so i stand by my comment,

So you stand by your comment that it is a good thing that a woman (and presumably lots of others) is being forced under threat of her life to kill people without trial while putting innocent children at risk of being collateral, because you've had stuff nicked and been lied to? Get a sense of perspective.

EDIT: To clarify, that sucks what you have been through, but extrajudicial justice is never the answer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:22:33 am by elmo_swatloski »

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #685 on: August 30, 2016, 11:16:21 am »
So you stand by your comment that it is a good thing that a woman (and presumably lots of others) is being forced under threat of her life to kill people without trial while putting innocent children at risk of being collateral, because you've had stuff nicked and been lied to? Get a sense of perspective.

EDIT: To clarify, that sucks what you have been through, but extrajudicial justice is never the answer.
Its the damage drugs do to both users and their families, i got a sense of perspective.. If the c*nts who supplied my family member with this shit  where killed without trial, no i wouldnt give a fuck.

My comments where about the drug dealers, no one else
JFT 96

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: August 30, 2016, 08:06:19 pm »
Its the damage drugs do to both users and their families, i got a sense of perspective.. If the c*nts who supplied my family member with this shit  where killed without trial, no i wouldnt give a fuck.

Similarly, if drugs weren't illegal, they wouldn't be sold by violent biker gangs with lawless debt collection methods.

That said, I do sympathise with your situation and your resultant take on things.

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
« Reply #687 on: September 7, 2016, 08:51:51 pm »
Next Tuesday, 13th September 2016, the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Drug Policy Reform (APPG) will release its report following its inquiry into medicinal cannabis.
http://www.clear-uk.org/parliament-to-release-report-on-inquiry-into-medicinal-cannabis/#disqus_thread
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #688 on: September 7, 2016, 10:14:47 pm »
Next Tuesday, 13th September 2016, the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Drug Policy Reform (APPG) will release its report following its inquiry into medicinal cannabis.
http://www.clear-uk.org/parliament-to-release-report-on-inquiry-into-medicinal-cannabis/#disqus_thread

I don't get why medicinal marijuana is illegal but morphine (when used legitimately for pain relief) isn't? Am I missing something?

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #689 on: September 8, 2016, 03:53:41 am »
I remember this from a few years ago. The UK's chief drugs adviser got sacked after speaking his mind essentially. (Their own advisor!) will be interested to see how the All-Party Parliamentary Group goes, but doubt common sense will prevail,

Probably a good thing Jim the washing machine salesman left when he did  ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8334774.stm

YNWA

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: September 8, 2016, 04:10:29 pm »

If all you're troubles where caused by Alcohol would the same apply to the landlord of the pub or the local off licensee ?   

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: September 9, 2016, 05:20:14 am »
If all you're troubles where caused by Alcohol would the same apply to the landlord of the pub or the local off licensee ?

Exactly, alcohol affects more people worldwide than every illegal drug combined.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: September 9, 2016, 08:55:44 am »
Exactly, alcohol affects more people worldwide than every illegal drug combined.

To be fair, that would only be a fair comparison if you took into account the amount of people consuming alcohol. If as many people used drugs, there would be a lot more harm caused - whether or not it would be higher than alcohol I have no idea (obviously would vary a lot depending on which drug).

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #693 on: September 9, 2016, 10:08:31 am »
To be fair, that would only be a fair comparison if you took into account the amount of people consuming alcohol. If as many people used drugs, there would be a lot more harm caused - whether or not it would be higher than alcohol I have no idea (obviously would vary a lot depending on which drug).

No, that's not really fair. The amount of people using drugs appears to stay constant whether they are legal or not (going on available data) so positing a larger number simply to equate to alcohol consumption doesn't make sense.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: September 9, 2016, 10:18:23 am »
No, that's not really fair. The amount of people using drugs appears to stay constant whether they are legal or not (going on available data) so positing a larger number simply to equate to alcohol consumption doesn't make sense.

Fair point.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: September 9, 2016, 11:02:01 am »
You would have to legalise all drugs first and have them produced to certain standards without adulterants and other substances.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #696 on: September 9, 2016, 05:55:40 pm »
Howard, Apparently because of the way Cannabis is currently scheduled differently from morphine in that there are no recognised Medical benefits! This, despite the approval and use of Sativex etc.
Things do appear to be shifting slightly though as this link shows
https://peterreynolds.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/home-secretary-invites-clear-to-enter-a-dialogue-on-cannabis-law-reform/
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #697 on: September 9, 2016, 06:00:17 pm »
For those who miss their Balaclava's
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/126346

• Anny Roader

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: November 9, 2016, 02:48:06 pm »
One positive from last night is that it looks like most of the MJ reform initiatives passed. California, Mass, Nevada, Maine vote yes on legalization, Arizona vote No. Problem is all the states who passed it were blue, needed some cross-party support on this one

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #700 on: November 9, 2016, 02:51:50 pm »
One positive from last night is that it looks like most of the MJ reform initiatives passed. California, Mass, Nevada, Maine vote yes on legalization, Arizona vote No. Problem is all the states who passed it were blue, needed some cross-party support on this one

Yeah, except Fatgov Christie is probably in for Attorney Gen, and he's on record as saying he would not let states legalise.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: November 9, 2016, 04:32:27 pm »
Yeah, except Fatgov Christie is probably in for Attorney Gen, and he's on record as saying he would not let states legalise.

Anyone but him - his career is hanging by a thread. But him and Rudy were the two big names who stood by Trump, so who knows. Shit.

This is just seismically bad.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #702 on: November 15, 2016, 07:04:38 pm »
Interesting update from All Party Paliamentary Group:
Analysis
War on Drugs
How changes to drug prohibition could be good for the UK—an essay by Molly Meacher and Nick Clegg
http://www.bmj.com/content/355/bmj.i6006

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: November 15, 2016, 07:11:56 pm »
Drug testers were in our work Monday morning, a few pale faces about and people hiding.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #704 on: November 15, 2016, 10:12:15 pm »

• Anny Roader

• Anny Roader
« Reply #706 on: December 2, 2016, 12:36:57 am »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #707 on: December 2, 2016, 12:12:40 pm »
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: January 31, 2017, 06:16:39 pm »

Looking like Jeff Sessions. This Jeff Sessions:

By nominating Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III for attorney general, President-elect Donald J. Trump is about to put into the nation’s top law enforcement job a man with a long and antagonistic attitude toward marijuana.

As a U.S. Attorney in Alabama in the 1980s, Sessions said he thought the KKK "were OK until I found out they smoked pot.” In April, he said, “Good people don't smoke marijuana,” and that it was a "very real danger" that is “not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized.”

Sessions, who turns 70 on Christmas Eve, has called marijuana reform a "tragic mistake" and criticized FBI Director James Comey and Attorneys General Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch for not vigorously enforcing a the federal prohibition that President Obama has called “untenable over the long term.” In a floor speech earlier this year, Senator Sessions said: "You can’t have the President of the United States of America talking about marijuana like it is no different than taking a drink… It is different….It is already causing a disturbance in the states that have made it legal.”

:(

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #709 on: January 31, 2017, 10:31:23 pm »
Depends what President Bannon thinks.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #710 on: March 24, 2017, 03:19:05 am »

Peruvian authorities have seized 1,288 bricks of cocaine worth €85m found hidden inside a container full of frozen fish. Most of the packages were emblazoned with an image of Messi. Maradona on the cover would of been too obvious.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2017, 03:58:55 pm »
A bill has been introduced to legalize cannabis here in IL, here's hoping the hicks downstate don't oppose it too vehemently. Ironically it would benefit them greatly. Anyway hopefully by the mid-terms in 2108 there will be some progress here, it would be an important step to get a Midwest state in on the green rush action

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2017, 04:15:29 pm »
Best of luck.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: March 24, 2017, 05:27:17 pm »
Best of luck.

Suffice to say, after living here for 17 years I have just now been educating myself on how bills become law in IL. It doesn't go to a referendum like in California, both the state House and Senate have to pass, then the governor has to sign it. The IL House and Senate are both comfortably blue, although the governor (Bruce Rauner, who incidentally is a member of the shadowy cabal known round here as FSG) is a republican, oddly enough. However he did sign medical and decrim bills into law, and he has been seen at a Grateful Dead concert so he is seen as being amenable to it all.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: March 30, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »
Hospitalization rates for opioid painkiller dependence and abuse dropped on average 23 percent in states after marijuana was permitted for medicinal purposes, the analysis found. Hospitalization rates for opioid overdoses dropped 13 percent on average.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/legalized-marijuana-could-help-curb-opioid-epidemic-study-finds-n739301

[Of course Sessions can see beyond those highfalutin' scientists and their pesky facts]

"I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana," he told law enforcement officers in Virginia

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #715 on: March 30, 2017, 05:08:29 pm »
"I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana," he told law enforcement officers in Virginia

Classic straw man. Nobody thinks you can "solve" a heroin problem with weed, but it can help.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: March 30, 2017, 06:01:08 pm »
A bill has been introduced to legalize cannabis here in IL, here's hoping the hicks downstate don't oppose it too vehemently. Ironically it would benefit them greatly. Anyway hopefully by the mid-terms in 2108 there will be some progress here, it would be an important step to get a Midwest state in on the green rush action

A poll came out last week stating that a whopping 66% percent of Illinois voters are in favour of the bill.  Support crosses party and age lines. Yet still the politicians are dragging their heels and spouting fkn nonsense.

https://capitolfax.com/2017/03/30/legislators-explain-opposition-to-legalized-pot-while-summers-announces-support/

:butt

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #717 on: June 2, 2017, 04:30:37 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40125181/father-skunk-caused-my-son-to-cut-off-his-penis

A man whose son cut off his penis and repeatedly stabbed his mother while high on skunk - a strong strain of cannabis - has spoken exclusively to BBC Radio 5 live about the dangers of the illegal drug.

How is this on the BBC news most viewed?
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: June 2, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »
I don't get why he chopped it off, had he ran out of weed and wanted something to smoke?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: June 2, 2017, 05:03:13 pm »
I don't get why he chopped it off, had he ran out of weed and wanted something to smoke?

Needed something to stab his mother with